Thread Closed  Topic Closed
  Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The Rottin Resurrection (Page 12)

Printable Version

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
The Rottin Resurrection by johnyrottin
Started on: 07-21-2013 10:09 PM
Replies: 619 (28397 views)
Last post by: jetsnvettes2000 on 06-01-2016 10:13 PM
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2014 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

hey Rob I should be up there around 9 am Sunday, let's get some stuff done

Cool, I prob should toss charger on your car it has been a while since it ran
IP: Logged
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2014 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And for tonight's fun! I decided this things needed a bit of junk in its trunk so, I gave it a trunk!!
Tomorrow after the body panel glue dries I will paint it and done for this part!! the aluminum sheet is riveted besides glued in. Carpet will go in after paint.

John, we need a battery tray this car did not have one in it.
I need a tube of 3m 8115 glue

I need some fill primer soon I am just about ready to do the final sanding and body work I am going to pull it all apart this weekend and fine tune all the modifications and put it together for the last time before it gets fill primed. After that I am in limbo till Steve is ready to toss the engine in but we need a wire harness and gaskets stat!!

The carpets came pretty clean I am happy with them now that they are dry. They are now waiting to be installed I will be working on cleaning more of the interior parts as it sits waiting for engine. I will prob install dash and other interior bits while I wait that can be covered up easy.

Seat covers? We need some eventually the ones in it are kinda not nice but usable for now. I also need the headliner stuff noted above. Or, I prob can just sand down the fiberglass fabric board and do something fun.
Oh one more thing, we need to figure out how to hold up decklid, the mounts are gone for the springs so some sort of gas shock i think will be needed

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 06-05-2014).]

86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2014 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump

pm sent to johnyrottin

steve

[This message has been edited by 86soon3.4 (edited 06-08-2014).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2014 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CHris (Av8fiero) and I got a bunch done today, my neck is super burnt ouch!!!! so here is a few pics of the visible stuff. the not visible stuff was removing the rear clip and getting the wiring for the trunk sorted out since it was laying out from were it had to be run. We also fixed some bad fiberglass spots before remounting the rear clip and fixing the d plates in the trunk since one was cracked. We added sealer to them as well so the trunk stays nice and dry.

After all that we started to fit the back bumper

We mounted the plates under the rear clip that the turn signal lights screw in also and fitted up the bumper having to modify it slightly to fit right.

After that we moved onto the dash and installed that after giving it a general cleaning. I think it looks ok but could use a re dye job at some point. For now its ok to go as I want to leave some Father Son projects for you guys.

Then we moved onto the front bumper and started final fitting and modifications a bit since I did not like how it was mounting. I will need to do some glass work as a few spots seem a bit fiddly

Caught a pic of the Illusive Chris!

Sleeping will kinda suck I think lol I am toasted burnt!!! All for a good cause tho!!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 06-08-2014).]

av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Rob it was good to have some time to work on cars this past week end. I'll be back in a week end or two to crank some more stuff out on this project. I hope I helped more than I hinderd the progress of this build. Getting closer but still a ways to go. Rob I don't know why you don't have you own fab shop. YOU DA MAN! The Rottinchop is a little further along and it will be done. Rob and Steve and the very minor help I'll provide will see to that. John you'll have a great car when it's done. Lets get her done!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

Hey Rob it was good to have some time to work on cars this past week end. I'll be back in a week end or two to crank some more stuff out on this project. I hope I helped more than I hinderd the progress of this build. Getting closer but still a ways to go. Rob I don't know why you don't have you own fab shop. YOU DA MAN! The Rottinchop is a little further along and it will be done. Rob and Steve and the very minor help I'll provide will see to that. John you'll have a great car when it's done. Lets get her done!

Ya I would love to do this stuff full time but the initial investment just seems to keep holding me back. Anyone got a extra 100g laying around? lol
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2014 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
John we need a gold brick and a few dimes stat!! Steve wants his turn posting progress pics!! give Steve a call asap. I am hesitant to call your office number as I am am not entirely sure you are on base or up flying again. If ya see this shoot me or Steve a text.
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2014 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Rob, and any other dads out there, HAPPY FATHERS DAY! I will be up there this Saturday if that will work for you. Let me know

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 06-15-2014).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2014 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We may have a serious logistics problem guys, John may be off grid for a bit but, by chance John if you get the chance to sneak online and see this Facebook works were you will be. We figured this out with Aaron while it was his turn there. I will keep pushing forward as much as possible but donations are more important now so more than ever.

Big need if anyone has some to spare a gt trunk lock and guts setup including the extension part on decklid and rod. We also need door lock set to match.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2014 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So hey got some work done today!! The interior is partially in and well Chris and I decided stock was boring so a few tweaks are being made to make it look nicer. I gave John a small preview but the whole install is top secret till done!! I need to find a nice automatic shift plate. I will trade the manual ones I have for it including a dot matrix one. does not matter what year as the trim plates and face plates are getting hydro dipped.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well the car is almost ready for the big move up north for the engine work! Phonedawgz is getting ready to spool up on the wire harness and 86soon3.4 has the engine apart already for freshening up!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 07-06-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2014 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, it is really coming together nicely! I cant wait to see what the little secret is for the interior. Whatever it is, I bet it will look amazing with your attention to detail!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2014 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Uh oh what is this !!!! Johns car is being stolen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha got pics of Steve finally!!!

It's on it's way up north for the engine!!! Weird not having it here!!! Steve do not show the interior its not ready to be shown yet!!
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2014 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am back home for a few days. Beautiful! Even Black Lab dogs want to take the RC for a ride!!! It looks beautiful guys...really beautiful. I am still amazed you guys have taken this on and count my blessing every day. This life is short and surrounding myself with good and positive people makes all the difference in the world.
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2014 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is turning in to a bad story gone good.Glad to see those WI boys doing a great job to bring this car back to what it should have been.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2014 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

I am back home for a few days. Beautiful! Even Black Lab dogs want to take the RC for a ride!!! It looks beautiful guys...really beautiful. I am still amazed you guys have taken this on and count my blessing every day. This life is short and surrounding myself with good and positive people makes all the difference in the world.

OH the doggy is Bear!! he is my brothers dog a akita mixed with a black lab. The dog walks you not the other way around lol

Have fun at home make the misses happy and keep up the good work on your end!!!!
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2014 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
engine **** ....here you go John.

Steve
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is looking sexy!!!
tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! What is the upper engine coated with?
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2014 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Love!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice !

Congrats Johnny,..couldn't happen to a more deserving guy. Jets i can't say enough about what you have done,..completely selfless.

Can't wait to see this baby with a set of nice wheels under her.

btw,..probably too late, but i think a set of these rockers would have really added to the look you have achieved.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-17-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks E. I agree with the rockers. Where are they from?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Thanks E. I agree with the rockers. Where are they from?

Dean got them from a kitcar guy on mad mechanics named bartman then modified them to fit his silver car, and yellowstone's car. Bartman sells the. A. D. 355 kit parts.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2014 09:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We can do them if you want, I would try with the plastic sides but they would fail probably fast with getting in and out so I think they should be done in fiberglass for sure.
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just picked up the engine harness from Timm.

Looks like I need to get my butt going!

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2014 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pssssst Dean this is how stuff gets done..............
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2014 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

Pssssst Dean this is how stuff gets done..............

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2014 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I have a sneak peak to share on the other chop top we are doing here while we wait for the Rottin Chop to get back from the heart doctor.... Check out Av8fieros thread on the hybnrid chop!
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
engine updates....

engine strut/dog bone.

start of the exhaust

engine

it's getting closer to getting in the car.

Steve
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good Steve, it'll look great in the the car. YOU DA MAN!!! GO BEARS!! LOL
AutoMarshal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoMarshalClick Here to visit AutoMarshal's HomePageSend a Private Message to AutoMarshalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve, I like that dog bone a lot! With a cut trunk, you might be able to tuck the muffler up higher for clearance. It might be better to build the exhaust when the cradle is installed? What muffler are you running and what kind of sound are you after? Any fuel rail plans? Marshal
PFF
System Bot
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not going to do anymore exhaust work till I get the tips and the engine is in.

Here are the tips.

and they will fit in the middle of this.

the muffler is a Flotech afterburner. I hope it has a nice raspy tone to it.

I am using the stock fuel rail with stainless braided fuel lines from a Lumina van.

Steve

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2014 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THIS GUY IS FROM APPLETON!!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 08-05-2014).]

86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2014 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car is in the garage!!!

Steve
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2014 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The tips showed up today!!

I think this will look awesome!!

Steve
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2014 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Took some time off after installing this.

Rob and I went for a cruise on some back roads.

Steve

86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2014 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cut the pipes, and expanded the ends. Getting closer to welding in place.

steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That gap is just about right, should have plenty of clearance to keep the hear off the fiberglass but I think I will still make some sort of heat shield there just in case
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
Hmmm kinda looks like a robot face with that cloth there Benders brother?

LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2014 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the plan for the original tail pipe postion?
This thread has been moved here: The Construction Zone.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 16 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock