Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Meras, Finales, Finos and other "rebodies" missing??? (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Meras, Finales, Finos and other "rebodies" missing??? by fierocarparts
Started on: 07-07-2013 12:19 AM
Replies: 52 (1836 views)
Last post by: dratts on 12-23-2013 01:15 PM
Fino

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2013 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

Just wondering why you feel this way ?

Just some bad things have happened in the past and would like to just get past it. Just not going to talk about them (things). I have a lot of work in my car and have learned a lot off the forum.

Edit: I get the top of the page.

[This message has been edited by Fino (edited 12-20-2013).]

IP: Logged
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2013 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That was John Stricker with the Finale.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 12-20-2013).]

wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2013 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i went to the 30th show and joked about my car being in the minivan class .i cant remember the classification , but i was put around the back of the hotel with 3 other modded fieros and 2 minivans and an SUV that for whatever reason would not move .at first , i had no parking spot at all .so i grabbed a spot close to where i was supposed to be but not in my class .of course i was told to move .i said no , i dont have a parking spot in my class yet .so they let me stay until one of the minivans opened a spot for me .i did not care to have my car judged .it is not a show car .i go to these events to meet other fiero people and look at cars and get ideas and have a nice weekend away .there should be a registered class for people that just want to be there , talk and show off their car without being judged . the 30th was all about stock fieros , there were row after row of them .there were some nice customs too , but my impression was stock was where it was at . i had a great time anyway and if there is a 35th , i hope to be there .
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 11:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fino:

Time for me to get off Pennocks and go to sleep.

What do rebody owners think about starting a new topic and finding out who owns what rebody and keep the post to only "r e b o d y" subject. Just start with a photo and info and go from there. My car is still insured as a Fiero (for an agreed upon value). Lets find out how many "rebodys" are still left out there. Define what constitutes a rebody. I have used a LOT of information on this forum in the building my car and the changes. Maybe next show we could all meet.

I have been the black sheep of the Fiero community for 12 years now.

its kinda been done already, here......lets bring it back. oh I guess I just did. carry on
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/091012-2.html
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I misread this post the first time and then went back. At first I understood that the Reunions were for stock (slight mods). But I think you meant that stock seemed to be the "style" preferred this year. (could still be wrong).

I brought my "rebody", it looked like a 2010 Toyota 4Runner. My other rebodies weren't in shape to continue the drive to Buffalo, NY.

Too bad that thread on Kit Cars turned. It looked like an interesting thread, but just because someone posts, you don't have to respond.

Originally posted by wftb:

. the 30th was all about stock fieros , there were row after row of them .there were some nice customs too , but my impression was stock was where it was at . i had a great time anyway and if there is a 35th , i hope to be there .

Fino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

That was John Stricker with the Finale.

Archie

Archie

Yes, now I remember. Great guy with a fantastic car. Does he still have it? I saved both the photos you posted just in case I can't find mine in all the crap on my computer. Still can't get over the color match!

Ed
Fino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fino

812 posts
Member since Jan 2002

Originally posted by wftb:

i went to the 30th show and joked about my car being in the minivan class .i cant remember the classification , but i was put around the back of the hotel with 3 other modded fieros and 2 minivans and an SUV that for whatever reason would not move .at first , i had no parking spot at all .so i grabbed a spot close to where i was supposed to be but not in my class .of course i was told to move .i said no , i dont have a parking spot in my class yet .so they let me stay until one of the minivans opened a spot for me .i did not care to have my car judged .it is not a show car .i go to these events to meet other fiero people and look at cars and get ideas and have a nice weekend away .there should be a registered class for people that just want to be there , talk and show off their car without being judged . the 30th was all about stock fieros , there were row after row of them .there were some nice customs too , but my impression was stock was where it was at . i had a great time anyway and if there is a 35th , i hope to be there .

Do you have a photo of your car? I don't know what one it is. Please?
Ed
Fino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fino

812 posts
Member since Jan 2002

Originally posted by batousai666:

its kinda been done already, here......lets bring it back. oh I guess I just did. carry on

I went to the topic and have not had a chance to read all of it but I think I will be going over to it. I am looking for people with the same interest that are positive and no bullying allowed.

I would like to see rebodies get together at a Fiero show ALL in one place and just have FUN!
Ed

EDIT: I read page 3 and all I needed to see was Archie saying "I'm sorry but I'm going to have to unsubscribe too." was enough for me. If it is not good for Archie it is not good for me.

Still looking.

[This message has been edited by Fino (edited 12-21-2013).]

Fino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fino

812 posts
Member since Jan 2002
What about a topic called:

Fino,Finale rebodies (we will add to this). I know it is all Archie but I had to start some where)

Somebody help me with some other Fiero base kits. Like PISA, Aldino, and more to add to the subject. Only because we all have the same car to start with "Fiero".

Dl10 was your a Fiero base, stock frame?

If you take a Fiero and strip it to the frame and make your own body (like I have seen)? Should be a rebody?

Key word is minor change to frame only (for engine, bumpers etc).

I guess the key word it has to be a Fiero base rebody.

Maybe rebody classes?

Stretched Fiero frame gets into a different class like FULL rebody (Lambo) (GT4T)

Tube frame WILD rebody

If I add a hood or fenders or doors to a stock Fiero it is NOT a reBODY it is a modified/custom Fiero.

OK, to many classes not enough cars
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2013 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My car is a Fiero rebody, most panels bolt on or bond on to a regular Fiero chassis.
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2013 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fino:

Do you have a photo of your car? I don't know what one it is. Please?
Ed

my car is not a rebody .it was in a modified class because of turbo ecotec , coilovers , tubular arms etc etc .you can see it in the construction zone "ecotec swap "
PFF
System Bot
Fino

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2013 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FinoSend a Private Message to FinoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

My car is a Fiero rebody, most panels bolt on or bond on to a regular Fiero chassis.

I don't think I have seen your car at a show. The photos I have seen look great, I would like to see it. Did you make the panels? You said Kit car mag would not consider your car as a kit car because the kit was not offered for sale. With that said did you make the parts?

[This message has been edited by Fino (edited 12-28-2013).]

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2013 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I go to car shows a lot. I like to see the work other people put into their cars and I'm always impressed. I park my turbo ls4 Lambo bodied Fiero away from the rest of them though. They seem to resent it. I'm not sure how much of that comes from it not being an older classic hot rod or if it's from the attention it takes away from the other cars, being totally different from the rest of them. I get much better acceptance from the Fiero crowd. Maybe because you guys are used to the negativity from other car guys.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock