Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Run For The Hills # 18---September 20-22, 2013 (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Run For The Hills # 18---September 20-22, 2013 by fierofool
Started on: 07-03-2013 08:49 PM
Replies: 128 (2478 views)
Last post by: Newbfiero on 09-24-2013 12:21 AM
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Hope you can make it down, sometime.

Robert, if you do come down and since you no longer have your Fiero, I'll loan you one of my cars.

Dragon and Marianna, wish things had turned out better for you and the ABS light hadn't come on. It would have been great to have had that Mini along in the group. It was nice socializing with you at the hotel. Hope you enjoyed the Vineyards tour you took.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 09-23-2013).]

IP: Logged
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately, our official RFTH photographer (Fierfly) took the year off...so we don't have a stack of action shots and dash photos to show you. I know what you are thinking...."I swear I remember her being there." She was...but we just weren't comfortable taking the camera in a car that had that much potential for wetness. And...we are glad we made that decision. We actually didn't get any water at all in the car until we stopped at the church. Not sure if it was the rough road there that broke things loose, or the heavier rain that hit us that caused it....but we discovered a couple more leaks than we ever have before. We had fun even though we drove with towels on our laps and still came out soaked. Next time it rains though, we are bringing a coupe.

Thanks for letting me lead for a while. At first I didn't want to because my mind wasn't on driving...but once I got in front, the driving gave me a chance to take my mind off other things.

We decided to take the Blue Ridge Parkway home again. Once again....we got just past Mount Mitchell when we decided it was getting late enough that we should just get home. Once again....the next route off the parkway was 80...also known as The Devil's Whip. At the end of the day, we made it home with no issues.

Of course, I can't leave you completely pictureless...so here are a few taken on our trip home.

TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks like the club car (88 coupe in the 1st picture) was doing OK. Did it make it all the way without problems?
BTW, the bolt that holds on the positive battery terminal really needs to be replaced. Please have whoever is going to do the ball joints also check into that.
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TopNotch:
It looks like the club car (88 coupe in the 1st picture) was doing OK. Did it make it all the way without problems?

No issues at all. In fact, he has decided his next Fiero will have to be an 88.

BTW, the bolt that holds on the positive battery terminal really needs to be replaced. Please have whoever is going to do the ball joints also check into that.

It shall be done.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've found that the current batteries seem to not have enough threads for our battery cables to catch into. I've had to go to the longer double cable style posts and use the big spacer that comes with it.

You made a great leader on the run and I remain amazed at what you can do with an 84 automatic. There were times when I was in sight of you that you were able to pull away from the group.

Too bad our schedule wasn't flexible enough that we could have joined you on the Parkway. Maybe we need to take a two day cruise like we did once before, stopping overnight at some spot along the parkway.
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BTW, the bolt that holds on the positive battery terminal really needs to be replaced.

Explanation: Sometimes when I have tried to start the car, after it has sat a while, there was no voltage at all. In every case, re-tightening that bolt on the battery fixed it.
Dragon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2013 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:

Unfortunately, our official RFTH photographer (Fierfly) took the year off...so we don't have a stack of action shots and dash photos to show you. I know what you are thinking...."I swear I remember her being there." She was...but we just weren't comfortable taking the camera in a car that had that much potential for wetness. And...we are glad we made that decision. We actually didn't get any water at all in the car until we stopped at the church. Not sure if it was the rough road there that broke things loose, or the heavier rain that hit us that caused it....but we discovered a couple more leaks than we ever have before. We had fun even though we drove with towels on our laps and still came out soaked. Next time it rains though, we are bringing a coupe.

Thanks for letting me lead for a while. At first I didn't want to because my mind wasn't on driving...but once I got in front, the driving gave me a chance to take my mind off other things.

We decided to take the Blue Ridge Parkway home again. Once again....we got just past Mount Mitchell when we decided it was getting late enough that we should just get home. Once again....the next route off the parkway was 80...also known as The Devil's Whip. At the end of the day, we made it home with no issues.

Of course, I can't leave you completely pictureless...so here are a few taken on our trip home.

This is one heck of a shot

Frank
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Hope you can make it down, sometime.

Jack, Sorry you couldn't be here. The dampness didn't detract too much from the festivities.

Yes would be Nice to do so sometime Raydar Thx

Rob
Newbfiero

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NewbfieroSend a Private Message to NewbfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Newbfiero

2989 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Originally posted by fierofool:

Robert, if you do come down and since you no longer have your Fiero, I'll loan you one of my cars.

Thx Charlie I still got my fiero but on the back burner for now , But awfull nice of you on the loan ..Thank you Buddy
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock