Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Trip to Whodeanies to reclaim your vehicle and/or parts (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Trip to Whodeanies to reclaim your vehicle and/or parts by johnyrottin
Started on: 05-16-2013 11:40 AM
Replies: 140 (9682 views)
Last post by: redraif on 08-15-2013 04:17 PM
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2013 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

With that said, do you think I deserved the 10 negative ratings I picked up because of this thread? I think not. I don't hand out negs as if they are candy like many of these members do.

Just for the record, I gave you a positive the other day. Because, I can see where your coming from, and I wanted to swing your bar a little over to the right. I'm hoping this will get resolved for everyone involved. -Jason
IP: Logged
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2013 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ghost187x:

I wish I can purchase his wide hips for the Fiero GT fast back...

I can see if he has a set down there. I am sure if he has a set he could make a few bucks on he would do it in a heatbeat! I know he sold/gave/rented the molds to someone for production. Not sure who that was.

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2013 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean,

E-mail sent

Nelson
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2013 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ghost187x:

I wish I can purchase his wide hips for the Fiero GT fast back...

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

I can see if he has a set down there. I am sure if he has a set he could make a few bucks on he would do it in a heatbeat! I know he sold/gave/rented the molds to someone for production. Not sure who that was.

He only has one set of the hips… one is glassed onto Kermit and the other one was setting on the trunk. He told me that his fiberglass guy stole the molds and would not give them back… more likely he did not pay the guy!
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2013 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blackthundergt PM replied to check your mail!
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2013 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

Blackthundergt PM replied to check your mail!

PM replied
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2013 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All,
Current world events are going to hinder my plan for heading down this weekend. Unfortunate but I have a higher calling in terms of service to my country.
JR

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 05-23-2013).]

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2013 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please stay safe.
As a police officer friend once told me, "Always attempt to maintain a low profile."
MulletproofMonk

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2013 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MulletproofMonkClick Here to visit MulletproofMonk's HomePageSend a Private Message to MulletproofMonkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

All,
Current world events are goign to hinder my plan for heading down this weekend. Unfortunate but I have a higher calling in terms of service to my country.
JR

Thank you for serving!

------------------
-Brian

My 87 GT Poly Suspension Upgrade (all pics) thread
Removing the roof panel
My HUD install thread

Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierofreak00:
Just for the record, I gave you a positive the other day. Because, I can see where your coming from, and I wanted to swing your bar a little over to the right. I'm hoping this will get resolved for everyone involved. -Jason

Same here...
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 01-02-2016).]

PFF
System Bot
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2013 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks guys.

I think those were aimed at John...

All,
Current world events are goign to hinder my plan for heading down this weekend. Unfortunate but I have a higher calling in terms of service to my country.
JR

Many thanks though for your service as well!

John, I hope it's not something bigger with North Korea that the rest of us know nothing about.... I miss being in the loop

fierobrian

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobrianSend a Private Message to fierobrianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i thought america was a nuke free zone ? that would fix it right ?
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I think those were aimed at John...

You may want to read it again.
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2013 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine was for BV, I may not have handled the situation he is in the same way but I understand where he is coming from and don't think he should get banned for it. John has had a plus from me since I joined the forum pretty much. Even let me crash at his place in Florida on the way to pick up my wife's Fiero.

And JohnWPB, You have one from me from a while back too lol

[This message has been edited by Marine1981 (edited 05-23-2013).]

fireojay86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fireojay86Send a Private Message to fireojay86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm intrested in the outcome from this weekend any news?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fireojay86:

Firefight?

Raydar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2013 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fireojay86:

Postponed. See above.
jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2013 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just a thought from an outsider - I dont blame anyone for going to get his/her parts and cars back from the offending vendor - but just a couple of points from my opinion to bring up.

1. why not try to keep this a low profile thread i.e use pm's as opposed to publicly annoucincing that youre planning a trip to whodeanies - this will prevent him or his friends from gaining this information as anyone can view this forum without registering.
this will prevent him from hiding/removing parts from his place of work etc in advance and giving the excuse of " its not here or I dont have it any more - what are you going to do? ".

2. if anything was to " happen " to whoedeanie bear in mind temper's can flare quite easily even if you are the most placid kind of guys - he has this thread as evidence that you was intending a witch hunt against him and use it legally against you.

3. Surprise appearances always puts people on the spot as opposed to " oh yeah youre here - Ive been expecting you "

like I said earlier I dont blame anyone for not trying to recover his/her belonging's - just try and be carefull not to give the enemy ammnunition.

just my opinion
good luck - hope you get your belongings back
jon

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2013 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jon m:

just a thought from an outsider - I dont blame anyone for going to get his/her parts and cars back from the offending vendor - but just a couple of points from my opinion to bring up.

1. why not try to keep this a low profile thread i.e use pm's as opposed to publicly annoucincing that youre planning a trip to whodeanies - this will prevent him or his friends from gaining this information as anyone can view this forum without registering.
this will prevent him from hiding/removing parts from his place of work etc in advance and giving the excuse of " its not here or I dont have it any more - what are you going to do? ".

2. if anything was to " happen " to whoedeanie bear in mind temper's can flare quite easily even if you are the most placid kind of guys - he has this thread as evidence that you was intending a witch hunt against him and use it legally against you.

3. Surprise appearances always puts people on the spot as opposed to " oh yeah youre here - Ive been expecting you "

like I said earlier I dont blame anyone for not trying to recover his/her belonging's - just try and be carefull not to give the enemy ammnunition.

just my opinion
good luck - hope you get your belongings back
jon

All great points and thank you for your thoughts. I have, for many years, dealt with life and death situations at point blank ranges....quite literally. This is not one of them. My temper will not flare. Having said that, let me address your concerns.

1. I am not worried about public vs. private. I don't hide what I do as right and wrong are the same in both arenas. I give others the opportunity to do the right thing regardless of personal cost or consequence. Yes, this has cost me in the past but at the end of the day I can get up, face myself in the mirror, and say I did the right thing.

2. I am not worried about my own temper however, to cover this possibility the police were requested to attend when we do arrange to meet. This protects the land owner, Dean, and all persons retrieving their parts.

3. We cannot surprise anyone here as the land is private property and the owner can easily deny us access. The police are involved as well and Dean must be there as the parts are "not organized" to put it mildly.

This is a pretty tough situation for all involved and I do really appreciate everyones thoughts and concerns. Hate that it is happening but we wil get through it all. In the end, we will still be Fiero people and my door will alswys be open to the "clan".
PFF
System Bot
pegasus1848

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2013 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pegasus1848Send a Private Message to pegasus1848Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After 21 months Jesse had his car picked up by a transport company last Thursday, it's now home in Iowa.
Dean did not even bother to close the windows on the car, or cover some openings on the top of the motor.
As well as being not even 40% completed, the list of missing parts that we started to compile is getting quite long.
I hope everyone gets what they need out of this so there is an end we can move on from.
And if that means jail for Dean so be it, personally for what he has put my friend Jesse through (and many of you also) a 9 iron would be my choice.
Steve K. Neyens
Dubuque Iowa

[This message has been edited by pegasus1848 (edited 05-30-2013).]

Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2013 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jeez man this story reads like a soap opera tragedy.... So sorry so many have been screwed so badly. Nothing worse than a car that has sat in the weather with windows down and stuff open to the elements. Critters and rain and God knows what else find their way inside. Its amazing that a shop that looked so promising has fallen so far in so little time. What a freakin' depressing situation. Good luck to all who still have parts and vehicles down there. Peace

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2013 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pegasus1848:

After 21 months Jesse had his car picked up by a transport company last Thursday, it's now home in Iowa.
Dean did not even bother to close the windows on the car, or cover some openings on the top of the motor.
As well as being not even 40% completed, the list of missing parts that we started to compile is getting quite long.
I hope everyone gets what they need out of this so there is an end we can move on from.
And if that means jail for Dean so be it, personally for what he has put my friend Jesse through (and many of you also) a 9 iron would be my choice.
Steve K. Neyens
Dubuque Iowa

MAke sure your friend follows through with contacting the authorities. I am really sorry it all went this way. Dean really does need to be behind bars for what he has done. If I went to Walmart and stole a $20 CD I'd get arrested, yet Dean has stolen tens of thousands of $$$ and is a free man. It just doesnt make sense to me.
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2013 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Make sure your friend follows through with contacting the authorities. I am really sorry it all went this way. Dean really does need to be behind bars for what he has done. If I went to Walmart and stole a $20 CD I'd get arrested, yet Dean has stolen tens of thousands of $$$ and is a free man. It just doesnt make sense to me.

Most likely because there were no contracts other than verbal agreements... but he is not going to see the end of his legal problems for some significant time, I would guess. I don't think Lloyd at FastFieros ever went to jail either.

Jesse's car is a disaster. The transport drive had to pull over and duct tape the panels down because Dean's mounting points came apart in the wind. It made me sick just thinking about the work Jesse has ahead of him for the money he spent.
deezil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2013 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much money did he end up loosing?
88Formula3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88Formula3800Send a Private Message to 88Formula3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by 88Formula3800 (edited 06-05-2013).]

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
there johnyrottin car. Sorry brother. I would also be pissed if I saw my lambo like that. I hate to see what is under the covers

I wonder if the policed told him to stop touching anything for there investigation.

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 06-02-2013).]

88Formula3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88Formula3800Send a Private Message to 88Formula3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
while you are up here about two miles down the road there is a great place to eat called Millie's diner

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man this really fries my bacon!

Dean - Man up and get these people their property back, shame on you. Yes, you should be in jail.

I hope you all get your cars, part and money back.

Nolan
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That pic Bugs the hell out of me, look at the transition of the roof to the quarter panel area on Johns car the line should have a nice gradual ark to it from the back of the roof clip back. Something is not right. John I will call you later today.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 06-02-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
88Formula3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88Formula3800Send a Private Message to 88Formula3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We will be going soon to pick up Andre's car

88Formula3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88Formula3800Send a Private Message to 88Formula3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

88Formula3800

60 posts
Member since Oct 2012

Originally posted by Raydar:

Postponed. See above.

Call me blind, but I cant find any information about the new dates?
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88Formula3800:

It really was a sad site. The yellow Testarossa car in the first picture on the left is my friend Andri's. He dropped the car off a year ago to Dean in Woodstock. It was sad to see the car had things growning on it, and the windows were down, the interior was destroyed beyond recovery. I also noticed a VERY nice gold Notchie that was tucked away to the side I forgot to picture, I dont know whose car it is, but man it was clean. We contacted the Pickens County Sheriffs and they said Sgt. Patrick Seals was out of town, but said to call back in the morning...
Andri does not want to press charges or anything, he simply wants to get his car, motor, parts, and cut his losses. Dean has made this very difficult to do by not answering the phone for the past week.
There was also a quite large garage on the property, I would imagine there could be upwards of 12 more cars in there. We are hoping the Andri's "freshly built" 3800 is in there somewhere...

When I visited back in the summer, Dean said that car was a "POS and was going to be junked". He had no plans on doing anything with it. Looks like he meant what he said.

This whole situation sucks...
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When I visited back in the summer, Dean said that car was a "POS and was going to be junked". He had no plans on doing anything with it. Looks like he meant what he said.

This whole situation sucks...

Dean told me in December when I picked my car up. The testarossa was a piece of junk and the owners abandon it there. Said he guessed it was going to get sent to the junk yard.
BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BlackThunderGT

2048 posts
Member since Apr 2009

There was also a quite large garage on the property, I would imagine there could be upwards of 12 more cars in there. We are hoping the Andri's "freshly built" 3800 is in there somewhere...

That’s all the cars dean had in December minus the ones picked up since then. So what see is what he has, all sitting outside.
Note: When I told everyone in December to get your cars NOW! I was not joking all the good parts are gone. The shitty parts I got with my car are junk and they were the best of the best. If you still have a car there you are not going to get any parts worth a crap.

Also if anyone is expecting to get a 3800/SC not going to happen. He had “one” built 3800SC on a cradle for the 355 replica, the guy from Florida, don’t remember his screen name.

I really feel for the guys that waited this long to get their cars. If you don’t have a lot of money in your car you might just leave it there. Cost me about a grand to go pick mine up and the tax payers $13,125 for my hospital stay.
Good luck y’all!

88Formula3800

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88Formula3800Send a Private Message to 88Formula3800Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

That’s all the cars dean had in December minus the ones picked up since then. So what see is what he has, all sitting outside.
Note: When I told everyone in December to get your cars NOW! I was not joking all the good parts are gone. The shitty parts I got with my car are junk and they were the best of the best. If you still have a car there you are not going to get any parts worth a crap.

Also if anyone is expecting to get a 3800/SC not going to happen. He had “one” built 3800SC on a cradle for the 355 replica, the guy from Florida, don’t remember his screen name.

I really feel for the guys that waited this long to get their cars. If you don’t have a lot of money in your car you might just leave it there. Cost me about a grand to go pick mine up and the tax payers $13,125 for my hospital stay.
Good luck y’all!

There were several cars there that are worth a fair amount of money, That yellow lambo was sharp. I couldnt help but to take a peak at it a little closer up, was that a LS1 I saw in the back?

BlackThunderGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There were several cars there that are worth a fair amount of money, but like you said, a hand full of them looked to have become nothing more then parts cars. That yellow lambo was sharp. I couldnt help but to take a peak at it a little closer up, was that a LS1 I saw in the back?

Ya I think it has an LS1 in it.
deezil

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deezilSend a Private Message to deezilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What a Damn Nightmare..

Man this guy is a real piece of work. And what is it with the influx of Fiero vendors totally screwing over the Fiero Community? This one one of the reasons that I Left the Jeep community. But Some of these fiero vendors take it to a whole other level..

KEV

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2013 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
there were no 3800 motors anywhere in the shop when I was there a month ago...

------------------

2000 Malibu 3100 V6
1999 GMC Jimmy 4x4
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1985 Fiero GT 2.8 auto
1985 Fiero SE 3.4 V6 4 spd
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave