1987 mera rebuild by LEEEZARD
Started on: 02-18-2013 06:42 AM
Replies: 93 (3218 views)
Last post by: LEEEZARD on 07-01-2013 01:54 AM
LEEEZARD

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 06:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1987 mera 71 rebuild.. i got her crashed and banged up pretty bad.

she had some goofy looking fcar fake wheels on her with the wrong offset that have since been taken off and sold. now she sports real fcar 430 19" wheels with michelin pilots and the correct offset so the wheels fill the well.

this pic isnt a great shot but does show the wheels and tires and how well they fit the body

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that pic was on the lift so the tires is hanging down a bit but you can see it comes out to the body edge. some other disassembly and damage pics...

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 06:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
some pics of some of the parts i have collected for her... f23 transmissions, the infamous fy1 2010 cobalt f23 with the excellent gear ratios and a 2002 cav f23 for the bellhousing...

and a new obx lsd

also have all the new gm oem f23 tools and gauges for proper setup.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 06:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ouch

Now let's see it come back to life.

Bob
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
originally i had much bigger plans for her... a ls2, or ls3 with hotcam. now its just a L33 aluminum block 5.3 with flat top forged pistons, ls2 cam and springs, cnc ported 243 heads with 62cc combustion chambers, ls1 intake, 78mm throttle body, 78mm maf, nice tune, and stainless steel headers. should be a moddest 400hpish motor. pic of motor when i got it before mods.

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
i have some options on the brake calipers. i have radial mount brembos or monoblock brembos depending on what fits the best.

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
some interior shots

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
the important part

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 07:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
originally i was pretty stoked on the build. have since lost interest. dont ask if its for sale, shes not. but i havent worked on her in a while. now she sets in the back corner of the shop on jack stands minus the entire suspension, no cradle in her, tires and wheels are in the rafters.
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 07:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
*edit*
you little sneak....you are posting as i am. HI, buddy!!

right on!
getyousome!!

it seems i gots me some of this picture in my house

rear bumper bracket and them tail pipes!! THANKS AGAIN MIKE!! YOU SURE A MAN OF YOUR WORD!!!!!!

so bring on the battle....its time to get 7071 back and runnin. we have some place to be, eh??

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 02-18-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have more pics of the dissassembly but will have to find them. some of the mods i have done or am doing to her... i took the sunroof skin off and put a solid no sunroof skin on for the gtb type look. i made headlight covers that resemble the fcar. i took off the vitalonis flag mirrors and now have f308gt4 vitalonis that are more proper for the look. i am still planning on making frames and windows for the qtr glass area so it resembles a gtb more. my original vision of her is very similar to this....

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011

Originally posted by batousai666:

right on!
getyousome!!

it seems i gots me some of this picture in my house

rear bumper bracket and them tail pipes!! THANKS AGAIN MIKE!! YOU SURE A MAN OF YOUR WORD!!!!!!

so bring on the battle....its time to get 7071 back and runnin. we have some place to be, eh??

thank you dan the man. yes you have most of these pics if not all of them. or at least pretty close to all of them.

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 07:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
i have since replaced the tore up front suspension with nice used components. i replaced all the front ball joints and tie rods with moog parts. i have a complete poly set for the suspension and mounts. i have a set of moton adjustable coilovers for all four corners.

post script; i also have a set of afco billet adjustable coilovers, so have options.

[This message has been edited by LEEEZARD (edited 02-19-2013).]

batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LEEEZARD:

thank you dan the man. yes you have most of these pics if not all of them. or at least pretty close to all of them.

yulp and now i want your tail lights and Ford back ups
i almost got the check, but i had to convert that to a house payment. but sooo my friend very soon
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i have one of those champion aluminum radiators and fans. here are the mera nos taillights and reverse lights. one of the reverse lights had a broken lense originally but the housing was still good. so i replaced the lense part.

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 07:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
thats enough pics for today lol
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 08:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
ok... one more for today.... my kevlar clutch and hd pressure plate and new flywheel.

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
more mera specific stuff...

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
some of the mera specific construction tequniques used by corporate concepts... not my pics, but are mera specific.

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
per tommy;

It was not an idle threat. In 1987, Ferrari filed a suit against Corporate Concepts. They decided to settle out of court. This was their public release at the time:

MERA PRODUCTION TERMINATED UNDER CONSENT DEGREE WITH FERRARI

Detroit, Michigan (June 1, 1988) -- Corporate Concepts Limited announced today that it will promptly cease production of its "Mera" automobile body conversion under a consent decree it has entered into with Ferrari S.p.A to settle the trademark infrigement suit that Ferrari filed after the Mera was introduced. Ferrari's suit in the Federal District Court in Port Huron sought a permanent injunction against the Mera, alleging that its body and exterior appearance was a simulation of the Ferrari 308 and 328 automobiles. The consent decree provides for the production of a small number of additional Meras during a short phase-out period. (RELEASE ANY TIME)

I vaguely remember reading someplace where as part of the consent decree, all of CC's original modes had to be witnessed/destroyed by running over them with a bulldozer, or something like that. I'd wager, however, that at least some of the remaining unused panels went "underground" to give birth to the 308 Kit Car.

Tom

PFF
System Bot
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tribute to tommys car and also the proper placement of the mera emblems

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
besides tucked interior pleated leather, plush carpets and vitaloni mirror controller switch were mera only traits.
again, tommys car. i keep using tommys car as a reference because it is the cleanest and most correct mera i have seen.

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
more construction pics...

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
i think this is holmes... mera horn button

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
again holmes i believe... drywall screw construction tequniques.

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
danno pics... the mera only rear hatch support.

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
danno pic, mera specific again.

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
also as a group we discovered that meras have 2 piece sail/rear clips, while not completely mera specific it is mera only. meaning that if it has a 1 piece it is not a mera. but some kits have 2 piece as they were direct copies of a mera.
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
meras have vitaloni flag mirrors. there is some confusion tho as to which side is pwr, which side is manual, and both pwr, etc. reason for this discussion is danno has physically seen the proto, and his car 7002 and they have one side pwr one side manual but oposite of each other. nelson reports possible dual pwrs on some. mine 7071 had dual pwrs, which are now nelsons. ps... anyone wanting the proper vitaloni they came on maserati's and lamborghini's and they both have the proper mirror controller switches as well. but be prepared to pay around 1k for mirrors and switch or more.

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
more from my mera library;

PFF
System Bot
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
more from the library;

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
more from the library;

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
the front grill is aluminum and a 2 bar slat on meras. and the bumper although is correct looks like it is upside down compared to the fcar it mimics.
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
mera replica tailpipes

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
i believe this is nelsons.... mera centercap

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
the proto that i almost bought and dannos 7002

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
tommy made these, awesome he is...

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

LEEEZARD

610 posts
Member since May 2011
more from the library

infor nelson has shared on the vitaloni mirrors

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lots of great pics/info! Added to favorites. Thanks for taking the time.

HAGO!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock