Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Chop top widebody mera project. (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Chop top widebody mera project. by Custom2M4
Started on: 01-25-2013 03:44 PM
Replies: 264 (17367 views)
Last post by: 355Fiero on 09-26-2020 04:19 PM
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LEEEZARD:

Custom, i apologize but i dont post pics too often. i have shared pics before here and it just burns me in the end.

From what I remember you only posted one picture of your 1987 Mera. What it looked like before you bought it. I think it was the picture that was from when it was on eBay. I do not remember you posting any other pictures of it. Am I wrong? How did you get burned for posting pictures of your 87 Mera?

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

IP: Logged
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sage:
Anybody have any idea whatever happened to/with this car? Just curious yaknow Did the owner ever do an engine swap? If so, what did he end up putting in? Is it on the road today?

For 308 lovers, this, IMO, is the best of both worlds: Ferrari styling with American power.

TIA for any info anybody has.

HAGO!

to the best of my knowledge that is the swap.......looks like a carb'd 2.8L.
i got some info maybe but i cant locate it. in the Mera thread is a copy i think. humm

Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
batousai666:

Thanks for the response. Yea, I got that, but in the other thread concerning this car, I believe the owner was looking to swap in something with a little more "oomph", either an SC3800 or one of the LS smallblocks. Just wondered if that ever got done, and basically where the car is now and what condition it's in. If you have any more info, anything more recent, I'd appreciate your posting it, if it's something you'd rather not just "put out there", you can pm or email me. Again, TIA! +4U

HAGO!
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

batousai666:

Thanks for the response. Yea, I got that, but in the other thread concerning this car, I believe the owner was looking to swap in something with a little more "oomph", either an SC3800 or one of the LS smallblocks. Just wondered if that ever got done, and basically where the car is now and what condition it's in. If you have any more info, anything more recent, I'd appreciate your posting it, if it's something you'd rather not just "put out there", you can pm or email me. Again, TIA! +4U

HAGO!

fair enough.....how about ya give him a little PM. the 3800 L67 would be about right for the same relative performance of the 308.
wonder if he did get something?? hope to find out.........

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-2-078407.html

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 02-17-2013).]

Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sent an email to the addy listed with his username in that thread prior to posting here and got no response, so I'm guessing it's a dead addy. That's why I posted my question here , but thanks for the suggestion, may try the pm route, since the email produced no response.

Thanks again for your response!

HAGO!
LEEEZARD

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rodney:

From what I remember you only posted one picture of your 1987 Mera. What it looked like before you bought it. I think it was the picture that was from when it was on eBay. I do not remember you posting any other pictures of it. Am I wrong? How did you get burned for posting pictures of your 87 Mera?

rodney, dont start your petty squable again. there are likely 15-20 pics of my mera on here. im here to help other mera owners. not here to get into it with you.

[This message has been edited by LEEEZARD (edited 02-17-2013).]

Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 05:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rodney, dont start your petty squable again. there are likely 15-20 pics of my mera on here. im here to help other mera owners. not here to get into it with you.

So how about posting some pictures of your Mera or providing some links to the pictures that have been posted. No big deal.

I'm sure many would like to see them.

Rodney
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 06:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok no harm there
Rodney

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only harm here is you posting things that are not true and when asked for proof you proved none.

------------------
Rodney Dickman

Fiero Parts And Acc's Web Page:
All new web page!:www.rodneydickman.com
Rodney Dickman's Fiero accessories
7604 Treeview Drive
Caledonia, WI 53108
Phone/Fax (262) 835-9575

LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 07:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rod, im playing nice, you should too.
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2013 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Anybody have any idea whatever happened to/with this car? Just curious yaknow Did the owner ever do an engine swap? If so, what did he end up putting in? Is it on the road today?

For 308 lovers, this, IMO, is the best of both worlds: Ferrari styling with American power.

TIA for any info anybody has.

HAGO!

Originally posted by batousai666:

to the best of my knowledge that is the swap.......looks like a carb'd 2.8L.
i got some info maybe but i cant locate it. in the Mera thread is a copy i think. humm

A)... You don't want that car. The swap was HORRIBLE.

B) It's been sold since I worked on it.
PFF
System Bot
Sage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2013 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the response Will, +4U.

Naw, I don't want the car, just wondered where it went.

I'd really like to be able to look at the body and take some measurements, pictures, etc. for a future project. Just seemed like it might be much more accesable than one of the other "real" 308's selling for $20-30 thousand now. After all, it IS a "real" 308, so all the body panels should be "accurate". As for the swap, like I've always said, if you have the basic "shell" of ANY car, with enough time, patience, skill and MONEY, you can make it into anything you want. Archie and many others have proven this over and over again. That one doesn't look too bad in the pics as a starting point.

HAGO!

[This message has been edited by Sage (edited 02-19-2013).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2013 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Having a little more fun. 512BB qtr window. 3" chop. Fiero rear wing.

Bob
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2013 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rcr i like the wing, i like the gfx, but like the gtb window better. just my .02
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2013 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rcr i like the wing, i like the gfx, but like the gtb window better. just my .02

Jus t screwing around. I think I like the last one. This is what I would build (or will...)

Bob
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

This looks awesome Bob... forget about the last one... build this one.
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think that I've said it before. I normally don't think that Italian styling can be improved on and my two replicas follow that theme, but I really, really like what you guys are proposing on your variations of the 308. Good stuff!
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like what you did with this one but thought the window could be a different shape then thought the vents would be cool up their but after thought maybe too much I thought lets remove the bottom ones
What do you guys think?

------------------

Love The Excitement! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 02-20-2013).]

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85SEnochie:

What do you guys think?

Now I like it!
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like 'em. How about keeping the rear slats (288 heritage), and replace the window slats with louvres?

Bob
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I like 'em. How about keeping the rear slats (288 heritage), and replace the window slats with louvres?

Bob

I was hoping you would have photo chopped it But here is what I think you were saying?

------------------

PFF
System Bot
LEEEZARD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LEEEZARDSend a Private Message to LEEEZARDEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks more like a lotus with the chopped top and raked back windscreen now. just my .02
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was hoping you would have photo chopped it But here is what I think you were saying?

Sorry, I would have, but I didn't have my laptop last night, and I was real busy at work today (laptop still at work)

Leeezard...I think you're right, but that's because the back of the roof looks squared off. I think if we could get it more rounded, it would look more like a Pinifarina design. (maybe this weekend)

Bob
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2013 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

oops, forgot to turn on the GFX...

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 02-23-2013).]

355Fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2013 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bob

That looks really nice. How much of a chop did you do? 3" standard Archie chop or less?

Also, I know of a guy that has the Euro front air dam/lower front clip and a Euro bumper that he molded and pulls parts. I grabbed his Euro bumper for my 308 replica build but didn't buy the clip/air am. Probably should have.....

Drop me a line if you want his contact info. He is up in Montreal, Canada.

Keep the designs coming.
Cheers
Don
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2013 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Don,

It's about 2-3" as far as i can tell... I'll definitely keep your friend in mind, thnx.

Bob
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2013 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the car would look better if the line running along the top of the door glass and extending into the quarter window wasn't so flat. The whole upper window line would look better IMHO if it were a continuous curve rather than three separate angles.
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2013 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I should be out working on the car, but it's still too cold...So here are more mods. Cleaned it up a bit, rounding the rear window a little more. Also added a 355 mirror.

Bob

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2013 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I should be out working on the car, but it's still too cold...So here are more mods. Cleaned it up a bit, rounding the rear window a little more. Also added a 355 mirror.

Bob

You have done a great job cleaning it up! The wing on the passenger side looks like it is lower than the driver side if you use the perspective tool in GIMP you can change that angle a bit to match the Mera a little more I tried doing that with the last one I did maybe you could do a better job with it because you have the photo of the wing on the Fiero.

------------------

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2013 06:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You have done a great job cleaning it up! The wing on the passenger side looks like it is lower than the driver side if you use the perspective tool in GIMP you can change that angle a bit to match the Mera a little more I tried doing that with the last one I did maybe you could do a better job with it because you have the photo of the wing on the Fiero.

Thank you, sir...I still need a lot of work to get to your capabilities.

Bob
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2013 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
check this out....i switched to Google Chrome from Explorer...and this poped up on my first google Image search.
2009 even........huh!
http://www.gminsidenews.com...era-gxp-turbo-71077/

heres another one....
http://www.gminsidenews.com...-mera-concept-78411/

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 02-25-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2013 10:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wanted more ventilation for the oil cooler. How's this...

tweaked the front spoiler and added the rear spoiler back on.

Bob

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 03-03-2013).]

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2013 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Time to update that rear. A little 355 challenge mixed with 430.

Bob
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2013 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just start with this (308 needed but would be cool if it could be mod for a mera)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fer...or-328-/300303564926 but the price is crazy

85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2013 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bob

Nice job by the way! Had to do a little drawing on it

------------------

[This message has been edited by 85SEnochie (edited 03-03-2013).]

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2013 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I like your additions.

Bob
007DOUG

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 75
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2013 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 007DOUGSend a Private Message to 007DOUGEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy: [URL=http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fer...or-328-/300303564926

So This guy made this kit to fit only a Ferrari so that it will look like a totally different Ferrari?

[This message has been edited by 007DOUG (edited 03-03-2013).]

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2013 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wanted more ventilation for the oil cooler. How's this...

It's nice, but in my opinion the lower intake scoop is starting to be overdone. As an alternative, you could design some NACA ducts like the turbocharged Ferrari 208 had, or something reminiscent of the NACA ducts but more stylized... food for thought:

RCR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2013 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Probably right, Blooze. Didn't know what else to try. I like big vents (that will suck in small cars) but with the top vent, I really couldn't do that. I tried taking the top off, but then it wasn't a 308/328/288 anymore. I'll give the NACA vent a try. The great thing about imaging is i can try everything possible without sniffing fiberglass resin fumes.

Bob
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2013 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bob

any way you could do one of these with the original Mera rear end. i like the lower, but that upper is killing, maybe its just cuz it my Mera used

also at GingerMan RaceWay here in MI i got to witness this beauty.....its got them lower scoops, as mentioned above.
I thought maybe you guys could use a new template/angle

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 03-04-2013).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay