Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  pr0j3c1 turbo 3800 71k mile guru wheelie machine (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
pr0j3c1 turbo 3800 71k mile guru wheelie machine by Justinbart
Started on: 01-13-2013 02:55 PM
Replies: 505 (21942 views)
Last post by: Justinbart on 02-21-2015 08:58 AM
LFiero67

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2013 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not going to lie, I was fully expecting you to do it today lol.

If Dark or someone else doesn't do it by June, then maybe. I won't be maing any passes until second week of June, and at that I'm not sure I want to risk getting perma-banned for running the #. I was already on the poop list running 11.4 with the blower with no roll bar. Now I have the bar, but need a cage lol.

------------------
10.263 @ 134.44MPH - 1.49 60'
Billet 6262 Precision turbo, PT1001 intercooler, ST1 cam, 130lb springs, comp pushrods, HV3, ARP Rod bolts, otherwise stock L36.

Old M90 XP Cam time -
11.425 @115.60
1.543 60'

[This message has been edited by LFiero67 (edited 04-07-2013).]

IP: Logged
Formula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

Anyone know when ZZP is going to start selling their new chain solution?

Last I saw they said this summer.
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am not sure what my schedule is going to be.. but I dont expect to run anything slower than a 9.75 first trip out. My new stuff is all done and sitting in my driveway right now...

For the record, I had zero involvement with the fiero at the track this weekend. At one time I had every intention of getting a 9 out of this setup, but that changed for an unknown reason. Im pretty sure it could do it after seeing it wheel hop the drag radials and not blow the input shaft / chain.
Don Kraus

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Don KrausSend a Private Message to Don KrausEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like you had a tough day,but you made it through it.Nice runs,almost getting to LS V8 territory .I have the same problem at my strip,they'll let me run the 10's with my six point roll bar and five point belts,but anything under that and I'm out.Good luck on your next runs.
Don

------------------
IMSA 34
60' - 1.555
1/4 mi - 10.519
mph - 130.29

TOO FAR
60' - 1.491
1/4 mi - 11.323
mph - 116.4

Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lol what wheel hop?

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.17@132.6

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Justinbart

3259 posts
Member since Sep 2009
Upload the videos!

------------------
11.17@132.6

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lol what wheel hop?

You can hear it in your videos if you dont want to wait.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It sure felt way too smooth to be wheel hopping. The tires must have absorbed everything before it reached the car. You may be hearing g the sticky vht they put down.
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice run!...I would like to see the #'s without the muffler.

Great 60' and so far it looks like a consistent mid 10 sec car, which is very impressive, and where I would like to be with my setup.

But c'mon man you couldn't catch that big azz blazer... ...LOL
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm very happy with the results. It feels so smooth without that feeling like something is going to break. Tom said he wanted an 11 second street car when he handed the car over so I think he'll be happy with it.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm very happy with the results. It feels so smooth without that feeling like something is going to break. Tom said he wanted an 11 second street car when he handed the car over so I think he'll be happy with it.

Just curious as to why u went with higher stall TC if you were going to run ALS?
BTW, my ZZP 3k TC stalls @ 2600 rpm.
PFF
System Bot
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm very pleased with it. I wanted a car that I could drive to the track, pop off an 11 second pass and leave without having to change tires or anything. Being in the 10s is even better

If you guys want to take it to the track again you can, I would prefer to get it back by may 5th (there is a non-timed 1/8th event at the airport) so there is plenty of time for you guys to mess with it. It sounds like it can handle some more boost.

I forgot to ask, did you end up using the boost controller? If so, did it hold pretty steady this time?
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Formula

5339 posts
Member since Jul 99

Originally posted by nosrac:

Just curious as to why u went with higher stall TC if you were going to run ALS?
BTW, my ZZP 3k TC stalls @ 2600 rpm.

I ordered a 3k stall, but zzp gave me a 3.5k. I didn't want Justin to have to tear the car back apart after I noticed. Does your car push the front tires? You have big brakes on it don't you?
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Setting up the antilag switch takes a few minutes at the longest. Even when the boost comes up quick without it, having the option of not melting the trans fluid and having it come up to full boost in less than a second is more than handy in grudge racing formats.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula:

I ordered a 3k stall, but zzp gave me a 3.5k. I didn't want Justin to have to tear the car back apart after I noticed. Does your car push the front tires? You have big brakes on it don't you?

Yes, my car push as soon as it hits the "actual" stall rpm for my car. I assume, diff vehicles may vary.

I do have bigger brakes 11.25 lebaron but even with the M90 it didn't make a difference before the brake swap my car would always push @ 2K with the stock TC.
Tweeder

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TweederSend a Private Message to TweederEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

Setting up the antilag switch takes a few minutes at the longest. Even when the boost comes up quick without it, having the option of not melting the trans fluid and having it come up to full boost in less than a second is more than handy in grudge racing formats.

What anti lag are you using and how s it set up? Can't recall seeing it.

------------------
86 GT Convertable 3800sc

BMFB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BMFBSend a Private Message to BMFBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol at the blazer
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 04-08-2013).]

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tweeder:

What anti lag are you using and how s it set up? Can't recall seeing it.

Stock ECU with a switch that unplugs (or in this case plugs in) the air temp sensor. Its nothing fancy as it works pretty good with human input, but it could be setup on a timer and use the brake switch if needed.
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bet that Blazer has hurt a few feelings in its day! Nice shitbox sleeper! Though, it'd be even better on stock looking wheels.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

I bet that Blazer has hurt a few feelings in its day! Nice shitbox sleeper! Though, it'd be even better on stock looking wheels.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

It was only on 14psi... Planning on seeing 24 eventually.

[This message has been edited by darkhorizon (edited 04-08-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What kind of gains in trap speed do you think my car would see by going with a zzp 2500 stall? I wouldn't go stock because I already have the flexplate for a 245mm converter.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blazer was on 18psi against the fiero but breaking up.

http://www.syty.net/forums/...010912&postcount=200

It's too bad that nosrac is kicking his feet over there or we could see what his 2750 does.

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 04-08-2013).]

sleevePAPA

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sleevePAPASend a Private Message to sleevePAPAEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you know you live in the salt belt when you race a swiss cheese mobile. awesome.

I heard that track was a little slippery this past weekend?
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What kind of gains in trap speed do you think my car would see by going with a zzp 2500 stall? I wouldn't go stock because I already have the flexplate for a 245mm converter.

Some but I would go too a 3000 if I swapped. I can't really even guess at these power levels.
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Some but I would go too a 3000 if I swapped. I can't really even guess at these power levels.

I'll try the 3000, hopefully they send the right one this time lol. Justin is game for swapping them.
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
emailed zzp, hopefully they are willing to exchange it, my order said 3000, and Justin took a picture of the box when he got the converter and the serial number was wrong.
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

http://www.syty.net/forums/...010912&postcount=200

It's too bad that nosrac is kicking his feet over there or we could see what his 2750 does.

I am Mustangs is working on my cars many installer error / mechanical issues...but I have a ZZP 3K TC that stalls @ 2600 RPM.

I had to order the ZZP paper timing gaskets as the felpro's I purchased were steel.
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

which was slower than when it was on 15psi.

I personally wouldnt go through tons of greif changing out the converter even though it would help it is probably not that big of a deal. Grudge racing a turbo car you want to have as many options staging as you can, because the street racers up here with complicated staging setups are always at a huge disadvantage.

Other side of the coin... It will give you an unknown amount of more power, reduce the amount of heat going into the trans fluid, and might feel a little better around town without changing around your shift points.

I heard that track was a little slippery this past weekend?

Few of the dudes there had some issues.. It is opening weekend, track was cold, not many people there running big tires.

[This message has been edited by darkhorizon (edited 04-09-2013).]

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 02:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BTW, I love the 3K so far. To me it still feels like the stock TC as I didn't have to Fudge with my TCC settings.
The 3K stall works much better than the stock L67 TC with the turbo,IMO. I definetely get into the Turbo powerband much faster.
I still need to double check if I am making any boost at 2600RPM as I didn't check.
You could get a stock L36/L26 TC as they are 245mm...I think?

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nvm

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 04-09-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
LFiero67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anything less than 3000 stall and/or a stock converter does not have the strength to put up with a turbo setup for the long haul. I'm not entirely convinced even the furnace brazed 3000+ stall converters are strong enough to put up with the constant abuse and heat strong turbo builds put them through, I hurt a 3500 stall with my M90 build years ago. So far I haven't seen any issues with my 3250, but I wouldn't run a stock converter myself.

------------------
10.263 @ 134.44MPH - 1.49 60'
Billet 6262 Precision turbo, PT1001 intercooler, ST1 cam, 130lb springs, comp pushrods, HV3, ARP Rod bolts, otherwise stock L36.

Old M90 XP Cam time -
11.425 @115.60
1.543 60'

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
zzp did say they would replace it. I asked them what kind of differences they've seen in loss between the 3000 and 3500 to see if its actually worth tearing the car apart to replace. If it's a small amount it probably wouldn't be worth it, but if its a decent amount than it is.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All I've heard from Scott was how much he hated this tq converter. If they are willing to exchange then I think it would be worth it.

Did you ever look at the scans? Brian said he saw it go from 6,000 to 5500 at the shift...

------------------
11.17@132.6

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 04-09-2013).]

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

All I've heard from Scott was how much he hated this tq converter. If they are willing to exchange then I think it would be worth it.

Did you ever look at the scans? Brian said he saw it go from 6,000 to 5500 at the shift...

zzp said it would make a big difference and recommended the 2750. I sent a pm.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2013 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the 2750 in. While I was working the air bubbles out of the coolant I was able to make 7psi with the ALS before the front tires pushed. Brakes and turbo were cold. That's a good sign. I was a little worried about it not making boost. I had to work on a few other things so I didn't get a chance to drive it around yet.

------------------
11.17@132.6

BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2013 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

It was only on 14psi... Planning on seeing 24 eventually.

I can only imagine how much you made street racing that thing! LOL at the wires hanging out of the bumper and hose underneath! How the hell did you get thru tech?

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 04-13-2013).]

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2013 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Got the 2750 in...

Damn, u fast !
Me thinks that this will take .5 off the 1/4 mile ans add ~8mph.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2013 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

I can only imagine how much you made street racing that thing! LOL at the wires hanging out of the bumper and hose underneath! How the hell did you get thru tech?

They did not like that thing at all. They looked it over for 10 minutes and had a list for him to fix before next time. I had the fiero idling the whole time and the didn't even want to look at it. It ran faster than the blazer too! lol.

------------------
11.17@132.6

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2013 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Justinbart

3259 posts
Member since Sep 2009

Originally posted by nosrac:

Damn, u fast !
Me thinks that this will take .5 off the 1/4 mile ans add ~8mph.

8mph is A LOT! Would be sweet if it did it.

------------------
11.17@132.6

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock