Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  pr0j3c1 turbo 3800 71k mile guru wheelie machine (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
pr0j3c1 turbo 3800 71k mile guru wheelie machine by Justinbart
Started on: 01-13-2013 02:55 PM
Replies: 505 (21942 views)
Last post by: Justinbart on 02-21-2015 08:58 AM
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2013 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not really.. the rest of the car doesnt match the front bumper !!!

It should look ok, but I have a feeling the clear on the right color will be a bit too nice looking for the flat color the sun faded look the current GFX have.
IP: Logged
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2013 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

Not really.. the rest of the car doesnt match the front bumper !!!

It should look ok, but I have a feeling the clear on the right color will be a bit too nice looking for the flat color the sun faded look the current GFX have.

The red on the front bumper is way shinier too, as long as its consistent lol
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2013 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula:

The red on the front bumper is way shinier too, as long as its consistent lol

Weird I did say "while the red looks like crap in comparison, I actually dont remember it being this good"
Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The local drag strip home opener is March 30th...

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.17@132.6

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

The local drag strip home opener is March 30th...

Go for it, that's the best way to test it out. It would be cool if Scott could be there for the tune too.

On the wastegate spring in there now, is it 15psi? It would probably be worth it to put a different boost controller on it to see what it can actually do on 93.

Judging by how this winter is going, there will probably be 3 feet of snow and it will be 3 degrees outside. We got snow again yesterday
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have been getting lake effect snow almost every day. I see there is another snow storm coming but it looks to be going south here.

------------------
11.17@132.6

nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Go for it, that's the best way to test it out. It would be cool if Scott could be there for the tune too.

On the wastegate spring in there now, is it 15psi? It would probably be worth it to put a different boost controller on it to see what it can actually do on 93.

Judging by how this winter is going, there will probably be 3 feet of snow and it will be 3 degrees outside. We got snow again yesterday

Don't let Justin out drive you in your own car..

What is wrong with the controller in it now, besides Justin hating on it...LOL?

I mean NOT everyone can have a VGT in their turbo.
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

Don't let Justin out drive you in your own car..

What is wrong with the controller in it now, besides Justin hating on it...LOL?

I mean NOT everyone can have a VGT in their turbo.

I mostly do un-timed events (like the ones you do - they are about 1/8th mile and in a grudge style). The first time I run it here (at a real drag strip) its going to get kicked off the track until I get a rollbar, so it might get its best time on a track that doesn't seem like it cares as much. If it breaks I would rather it break up there, instead of it breaking here then me tearing it back down in my garage over a whole summer. Anyways, Justin built it, he should get to have some fun with it before it comes home.

The controller wasn't holding the boost steady. I'm not sure why, maybe the wastegate didn't like that controller for some reason.

I think Justin was surprised at how fast our precision billet turbos spool.

[This message has been edited by Formula (edited 03-22-2013).]

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It built boost really fast on that last run, I actually thought you hit the antilag right before you launched.

Looking through the vid's again and if mine builds boost like that off the line with NO ALS then....
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

nosrac

3520 posts
Member since Jan 2005

I mostly do un-timed events (like the ones you do - they are about 1/8th mile and in a grudge style). The first time I run it here (at a real drag strip) its going to get kicked off the track until I get a rollbar, so it might get its best time on a track that doesn't seem like it cares as much. If it breaks I would rather it break up there, instead of it breaking here then me tearing it back down in my garage over a whole summer. Anyways, Justin built it, he should get to have some fun with it before it comes home.

The controller wasn't holding the boost steady. I'm not sure why, maybe the wastegate didn't like that controller for some reason.

I think Justin was surprised at how fast our precision billet turbos spool.

These turbo's are the shitz nit...LOL
I just hope my car runs as expected...like yours does.

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
idk why you would ever not want to use antilag.. its the perfect weapon for spool.

I have brutalized my car for years and the heads looked fine when I took them off last year.
PFF
System Bot
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

idk why you would ever not want to use antilag.. its the perfect weapon for spool.

I have brutalized my car for years and the heads looked fine when I took them off last year.

I want my car to be able to spool fast by any means necessary. However, if I don't need ALS then well, I won't use it.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2013 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nosrac:

I want my car to be able to spool fast by any means necessary. However, if I don't need ALS then well, I won't use it.

It's defiantly not "needed" but it is a fun toy at the end of your finger tips.

------------------
11.17@132.6

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2013 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
7 inches of snow tonight, blah
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

7 inches of snow tonight, blah

Yeah, we are still planning on going as it should be pretty warm up here.

I want to toss the drag pack on (slicks/skinnies) to see what it can really do, and that lapeer dragway doubles as a rallycross track during the week.. (its really bumpy, and the slicks would perform much better on the whoops). Justin seems to think this is not an option though.
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 03:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, we are still planning on going as it should be pretty warm up here.

I want to toss the drag pack on (slicks/skinnies) to see what it can really do, and that lapeer dragway doubles as a rallycross track during the week.. (its really bumpy, and the slicks would perform much better on the whoops). Justin seems to think this is not an option though.

I don't have an issue with that.

edit: from justin's comment below, only if justin feels its physically safe, I don't want to see anyone get hurt

[This message has been edited by Formula (edited 03-25-2013).]

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Justin seems to think this is not an option though.

You're really bringing that into this thread? The E.T. streets are the closest thing to a drag slick as possible. There is plenty of cushion. I want to see what this car will do in street trim. You said over an over again how you couldn't handle your bias ply tires and it was scary, how much you had to move your steering wheel. I don't think its a good idea driving someone else's car in such unstable conditions. The car feels very stable with the E.T. Streets and it needs to stay that way.

We can wait one more week and take it to Milan which is a top tier drag strip.

------------------
11.17@132.6

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
11.17@132.6

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

What is the idle set @ and how's the cruising vacuum?
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2013 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that looks fantastic
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2013 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No drag strip this weekend. Maybe April 6th.

------------------
11.17@132.6

PFF
System Bot
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2013 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At Woodward come say hi!
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2013 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Fiero was a big hit. It didn't get much attention until I took someone for a ride and did a few pulls on the road. Lots of fun and it held up great!

This makes me want to have a shiny car.

Some guys took some video. I'll try to get them to put it on youtube.

------------------
11.17@132.6

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2013 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool, I can't wait to see the video. Did you run it with the muffler or the dump pipe?

[This message has been edited by Formula (edited 03-30-2013).]

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2013 08:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the same turbo cobalt I ran last summer. Probably sitting 600lbs+ heavier than the cobalt.

Full exhaust.

------------------
11.17@132.6

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 03-30-2013).]

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2013 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that turbo is loud!

What is done to the cobalt? I almost bought one of those when they came out, but couldn't get over the fwd aspect of it.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2013 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was an LSJ, the supercharged one. It has 2.1 girdled block...I think that means it sleeved and built up. I know he went through a few of them so far. Pretty large turbo, can't remember what size. He said right now it was making around 400whp.

"Diezel87GT" Came up and said hi. It looks like we'll have another fast turbo 3800 fiero in town later this spring.

------------------
11.17@132.6

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2013 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I found this version on the cobalt forum:
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2013 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whoa. Shot some flames when I let off

Just put an 18psi spring in the wastegate and i'm seeing 18-19 on the gauge. Its clean so far with 15* of timing and the open down pipe. (no kr)

------------------
11.17@132.6

batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2013 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JUDAS PRIEST!!!!!!!!!
now that i got a supercharged Fiero i want a Turbo one next ohhhhh yeah!

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2013 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I chased this guy all around and finally got to get a run in. I wish I had a gopro on the roof or my phone pointed to the left. The race seemed so much longer in person! I pulled out 1-2 cars on the GTR and at least 4 on that audi 15-90+. About the only way you can tell is from the headlights. A few built C6z's and the GTR wanted to do some highway runs on the way back north but I'll save that race for my car.

What a difference 3 psi and the down pipe make. This fiero should be well known in the Detroit area now.

------------------
11.17@132.6

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 03-31-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2013 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
damn, that's pretty quick. GTRs do 0-60 in 2.9 seconds (with a pro driver)...

LFiero67

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2013 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On 18-19 lbs with the 6262 and ST1 cam, from the data log of my 10.2 run, 0-60 was 2.6 seconds. I'd say you have a very good combination, traction will be the limiting factor in beating pretty much anything stock, even a Veyron is only 2.7s 0-60.

------------------
10.263 @ 134.44MPH - 1.49 60'
Billet 6262 Precision turbo, PT1001 intercooler, ST1 cam, 130lb springs, comp pushrods, HV3, ARP Rod bolts, otherwise stock L36.

Old M90 XP Cam time -
11.425 @115.60
1.543 60'

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2013 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

GTRs do 0-60 in 2.9 seconds

Originally posted by LFiero67:

0-60 was 2.6 seconds.

That falls in line with how I pulled on it. The video is so deceiving. I was going FAST in a hurry.

------------------
11.17@132.6

GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2013 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
High 400s at the wheels?
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2013 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found a video from the 2nd night with the down pipe instead of muffler.
I went through some dirt getting onto the road. It usually doesn't spin.

------------------
11.17@132.6

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 04-01-2013).]

NoMoreRicers

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2013 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds good!
Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2013 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So street racing and track events aside...

When does the car return to its owner? Interested to see their impression of the new turbo 3800
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2013 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm thinking the 13th if it works out with Scott.
I've put about 500 miles on it and still no problems. I wish I was that lucky with my own stuff.

------------------
11.17@132.6

[This message has been edited by Justinbart (edited 04-01-2013).]

Nebiros88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2013 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Nebiros88Click Here to visit Nebiros88's HomePageSend a Private Message to Nebiros88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On a side note. I've been looking at turbos and tried to pull up info on the pt6262 - can't seem to find a compressor map. Looks like Garrett is the only manufacturer that still puts out maps for their turbos. Looking at comparing the Pt6262 to the GTX3582R

Pros/Cons to the choice of the Pt6262?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock