Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  pr0j3c1 turbo 3800 71k mile guru wheelie machine (Page 12)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
pr0j3c1 turbo 3800 71k mile guru wheelie machine by Justinbart
Started on: 01-13-2013 02:55 PM
Replies: 505 (21919 views)
Last post by: Justinbart on 02-21-2015 08:58 AM
Formula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2013 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are a couple of the races. The blue cobra runs 9s and the hemi beat the cobra, which is why I got 2nd (my semi finals round was against the g8 gxp). I would have lost to the cobra too (he beat me 3 times earlier).

[This message has been edited by Formula (edited 06-10-2013).]

IP: Logged
NoMoreRicers

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2013 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Hemi didn't look like an 8 second car..
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2013 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NoMoreRicers:

The Hemi didn't look like an 8 second car..

your right, its not pulling like an 8 second car. People were probably exaggerating. I didn't get to talk to the owner.

[This message has been edited by Formula (edited 06-10-2013).]

darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2013 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1/8 mile racing is won and lost in the 60ft... and you easily had the least tire of anyone there!
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I ended up ordering the wcf cable, they said it has metal ends.
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2013 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Way to fly the Fiero flag. Nice job and I have to say, hats off to DH and Justin for a job well done.
Justinbart

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2013 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just watched the first video. How many times did you have to refuel?!?

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.17@132.6

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2013 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used a half a tank in about 30 miles lol
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New shift cable came in from West Coast Fiero. Should get to put it on this weekend!
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2013 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A guy on the G8 board mentioned how he got murdered by a "nasty turbo fiero" at the flash light drags.
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

A guy on the G8 board mentioned how he got murdered by a "nasty turbo fiero" at the flash light drags.

nice, I half tracked a g8 gxp. It was a cool car none the less!

Got the wcf cable on today. There was plastic melted all over the ball in the engine bay so I drilled it out and replaced it with a bolt and nut.

How do you adjust it? I see the nut on the back part behind the clip, but that doesn't look like it would adjust anything. It is going into all the gears fine, but it sometimes is hard to put in park.
PFF
System Bot
1fast2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2013 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fast2m4Send a Private Message to 1fast2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

as you can see, mine is burred all the way in, I did not know it was adjustable when I made my linkage.

and now that I think about it the WCF cable could be totally different,

------------------
1986 SE 3800SC/4t65eHD (12.871@104.96) I'll Sell it if you like
1985 GT 3800SC (swap in progress)

[This message has been edited by 1fast2m4 (edited 06-30-2013).]

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the wcf cable is completely different. I got it working pretty good now. I also decided to redo the anti lag switch because everyone always asked what it is. To go with the sleeper look, I found an auto shift knob with an overdrive button and wired it in. First click turns it on, second click turns it off. It's not quite as fluid as Justin and Scott's solution, but I like the fact that it looks stock.

[This message has been edited by Formula (edited 07-04-2013).]

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good. Just make sure to click it off!

------------------
11.17@132.6

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I put the quiet exhaust back on and took it for a drive with the gopro. I finally took the plastic off the carpet and bought floor mats too.

video is uploading now. I also put one of the gopro sticky mounts under the front bumper, but when I backed out it hit on my driveway and fell off. I ended up using the suction cup on the hood. I'll use the sticky one at the track.

[This message has been edited by Formula (edited 07-04-2013).]

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2013 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Formula

5339 posts
Member since Jul 99
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is another pretty boring video, this time I put the gopro under the bumper

IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, all those rolling stops one would think you live in California and not Pittsburgh...
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2013 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lol, I should edit those out
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2013 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

Looks good. Just make sure to click it off!

I don't think he even needs it....LOL

Anyway just dropped in to hate on you cause your car is bad azz and mine in only bad azz on paper...lol

Any more track runs?

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 07-24-2013).]

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2013 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, I've just been cruising around in it. The track here only has test and tunes on Thursdays and I usually don't get home until late. In a few months they start having Saturday test and tunes so I'll run it more then. The flashlight drags should be coming up again soon though!
PFF
System Bot
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Getting tired of the sleeper look. Ordered some stuff from the fierowarehouse and doublec4!
Slow6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2013 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Slow6Send a Private Message to Slow6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula:

Getting tired of the sleeper look. Ordered some stuff from the fierowarehouse and doublec4!

Just got finished reading the entire thread. Awesome! Your Fiero is actually a clean setup even with the trunk cut. Looking forward to watching updates as you post them.
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did the door striker fix today ( //www.fiero.nl/forum/A...110502-2-101817.html ). Wow, it feels like a different car going down the road now. That took care of 99% of the rattles it had in the interior.

Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2013 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need to do this badly.

------------------
11.17@132.6

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ordered some more stuff from pisa, tha driver, hardpact and plastidip. I figure I'll try out my color scheme in plastidip first to see if I like it, its also neat that you can easily change the colors.

I ordered:

imsa open quarter panels

doublec4 c5r style headlights with yellow halos

hardpact smoked turn signal covers

fierowarehouse closed mouth chin spoiler

fierowarehouse 5" raked wing stands - I also have stock ones, and i'll make plugs for no wing that i'll paint to interchange

(I won't have the wing tips though)

tha driver "custom" angel hood vent - custom made to be larger

pisa tail light panels

plastidip gunmetal, white, pearl, black and glossifier

I'll do the whole car in gunmetal first, than the body in pearl white, with the whole roof (down around the quarter windows), spoiler, lower rear bumper, tail light panels and the mouth part of the front bumper in black. In my head it looks good, once everything is on it then I'll know. The biggest concern I have is the wing, but I think the black will tone it down. I feel like it needs something in the back to offset the front chin spoiler.

[This message has been edited by Formula (edited 08-09-2013).]

NoMoreRicers

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2013 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that's gonna look as bad@ss as it runs.
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I put on the rear spoiler and chin spoiler today:

rear spoiler will be black when done, it makes the car look a lot bigger.
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2013 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rear shot

hood scoop, I still have to do the finishing work, im letting the adhesive dry now, ill probably do more next weekend

another angle
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2013 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm probably just going to put plugs in the wing holes incase I ever want to put a stock wing on it, but I think it looks better without a wing.

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ricer!!

I may suggest this little areo dam mod that justin made on his car.. It seems to offer good gains after 100mph.
PFF
System Bot
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

Ricer!!

I may suggest this little areo dam mod that justin made on his car.. It seems to offer good gains after 100mph.

What did he do? I do like the look of the chin spoiler i put on it though.
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Formula

5339 posts
Member since Jul 99

Ricer!!

What did he do? I do like the look of the chin spoiler i put on it though.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-27-2013 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You don't need it because you have a vented hood.

------------------
11.17@132.6

La fiera

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for La fieraSend a Private Message to La fieraEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

here is the video of my warm up.
http://youtu.be/Ps9PgmKFuNw

I made mine as big and steep as possible and also run as close as possible to the ground. Yes, have problems loading up on the trailer but I'm working on a removable front clip.
This opening made the car very stable at high speeds. The GPS inside my car measured 142mph on the back stretch at Charlotte motor speedway and during the transition from the flat straight to the high banks in turn 3 and 4 there was no sudden loss of grip or twitch, it was very flawless. Before the vent and the front spoiler the front end seemed to float and wander past 80mph.

[This message has been edited by La fiera (edited 08-28-2013).]

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You don't need it because you have a vented hood.

I wouldnt say that, The vented hood on my car wasnt anything like the nascar setup.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wouldnt say that, The vented hood on my car wasnt anything like the nascar setup.

When did you have a vented hood

------------------
11.17@132.6

Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2013 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by La fiera:

Your car is insane, nicely done!
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When did you have a vented hood

my hood pop and steve's vented hood both performed about the same. I feel like mine was a bit better because the coupe bumper is slightly worse and my headlights flipped up less. Steve would still flip headlight covers constantly even with the vent.
Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2013 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FormulaSend a Private Message to FormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

put the quarter panel scoops on

[This message has been edited by Formula (edited 08-31-2013).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 13 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock