Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  eBay Fiero Turbo Kit, wish me luck. (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
eBay Fiero Turbo Kit, wish me luck. by JCircs
Started on: 09-09-2012 06:31 PM
Replies: 191 (18261 views)
Last post by: JCircs on 02-10-2014 10:06 AM
mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2012 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The guys at turbocharger.com were talking about a Chinese knock-off one day. They couldn't find any real difference between in and th actual brand it was imitating, and it was about half the cost. Hopefully this will work out.

Dark what Honda engine do you have boosted?
IP: Logged
JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2012 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's good to hear..I have searched the internet for info on this type of turbo and it seems that most people are very happy with them, and the people that aren't happy have never owned one.
ConvictedRedneck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2012 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2012 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mptighe:

The guys at turbocharger.com were talking about a Chinese knock-off one day. They couldn't find any real difference between in and th actual brand it was imitating, and it was about half the cost. Hopefully this will work out.

Dark what Honda engine do you have boosted?

D16a6
eljibaro127

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2012 05:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for eljibaro127Send a Private Message to eljibaro127Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Updates?
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2012 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

D16a6

I've got a B18C in my Del Sol I've been playing with the idea of boosting (either JRSC or turbo).

JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2012 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I received somthing today, it's a pipe that wouldn't fit in the box with the turbo and other parts. It looks good, not sure where it goes but it looks quality made.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2012 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like the down pipe. That's one expensive pipe if thats all you get.

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo.
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project!

eljibaro127

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2012 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eljibaro127Send a Private Message to eljibaro127Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a pretty well made exhaust pipe/Down pipe what about the other turbo stuff?
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2012 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
System was sent in two separate packages due to weight and size. It should be here tomorrow, I hope......
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2012 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is that where the electric lawn blower hooks up to...oops I mean the turbo

Waiting to see and hear about the kit! good wishs your way!

PFF
System Bot
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2012 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JCircs
Well I received somthing today, it's a pipe that wouldn't fit in the box with the turbo and other parts. It looks good, not sure where it goes but it looks quality made.

In simple terms that is the exhaust pipe for the tubo. Appears to be a standard Garrett T3 downpipe. I agree it looks well made. So far so good.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 09-22-2012).]

JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2012 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The rest of the parts were delivered today and it looks like a really nice setup. Everything was shipped out on the day he said, and everything he said would be included is here (I think)..... So far so good, Let's hope it works.

[This message has been edited by JCircs (edited 09-24-2012).]

Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2012 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did the seller include instructions???? Kit looks nicely done. Far better looking than my one off creation. It should provide a very significant power boost. What does the oil pan return bung look like or do you just weld a steel fitting to the pan? The 3.4L oil pan is already threaded for an oil lever sensor so perhaps that spot can be utilized for the turbo oil drain.
If you DIY call me and I'll walk you through the process.
When you get this up and running, its advisable to use 100% synthetic oil as it will not coke up the turbo like standard petroleum oils do.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H

[This message has been edited by Dennis LaGrua (edited 09-24-2012).]

JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2012 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No instructions, but I have your phone number and that's better......

[This message has been edited by JCircs (edited 09-24-2012).]

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2012 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JCircs:

Ace,
That's exactly what I told him, if all goes well I'm sure the Fiero community will line up for this kit.

And...if it doesn't go well, with the Forum watching the outcome, you should have a bit of leverage.
Dennis LaGrua

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2012 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JCircs:

No instructions, but I have your phone number and that's better......

I'm sure that the installation can be figured out but no instructions? I guess that for $1050 complete, the seller feels that no instructions are necessary. I am going to the Englishtown Auto Show on Friday Oct 28th. iI you want I can stop over and give you my thoughts on how the kit should be installed. Lemme know.

------------------
"THE COLUSSUS"

eljibaro127

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2012 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eljibaro127Send a Private Message to eljibaro127Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That kit dosn't look to bad , How do you plan on tuning it? If i were closer id love to give you hand
EDIT
Do you plan on putting on Blow Of Valve?

[This message has been edited by eljibaro127 (edited 09-24-2012).]

Phirewire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2012 02:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
turbo looks tiny, maybe its all the youtube 76mm billet turbos I'm use to seeing.
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2012 03:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
J,
that doesn't look bad at all. can you put more pics up? the pipe the turbo is bolted to looks small in diameter, but then again i don't know much about turbos other than basics. if it works out i might grab one. might be fun to drop in a 3.4 and set it up with a little boost. heck might even put it on my 2.8 which eventually would give me a reason to swap out the motor...lol
al
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2012 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You should probably order brand new 19# injectors as part of your install. I can send you 6 used ones for $30 but I recommend sending them out to be cleaned as they have been sitting around.

Basically, if you bolt that on with stock injectors, you risk a lean condition when you get on it. Send me an email if you are interested in used injectors.
PFF
System Bot
justinchristie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2012 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for justinchristieClick Here to visit justinchristie's HomePageSend a Private Message to justinchristieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm impressed with what I see now - watching this VERY closely...

------------------
1986 Fiero SE 3.4L pushrod build up | Blog | My Portfolio site
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celthora87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2012 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am watching quite closely aswell...
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2012 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Figures the crossover came pre-wrapped to hide the merge welds that I kept asking about in the previous post.
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2012 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok it looks like Sinister Performance will be doing the tune and should have a tuned chip in the mail shortly, Thursday I am having my local shop drop the oil pan to install the oil return line and refill with synthetic oil, it's supposed to be better for the turbo. I will probably be installing the turbo over the weekend, I need to order a blow off valve, a wideband fuel air ratio and boost gauge. Any suggestions on hiding the gauges? I don't want to change the stock appearance of the interior, I like the clean look. Ideas anyone?
ConvictedRedneck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2012 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jerry, before you go ordering more stuff, just know that the added components mean more work. I know I said I would highly recommend a wideband air/fuel kit, but this also means adding another O2 sensor bung in the downpipe and having it welded in. Adding a BOV means getting the proper adapter pipe to mount it in the pipe going from the turbo to the throttle body. A boost gauge means either running a pressurized reference line from the engine bay into the cabin or a cable if you go with an electronic boost gauge...but then that means finding a place either on the manifold or in the charge pipe to mount the sensor.

I'm not trying to scare you, it's really not much added difficulty, but it is more work. As far as hiding the gauges goes...you can only hide them to a certain extent. You need to be able to monitor and see them while driving, so that right there limits your options. http://www.fierostore.com/P...rowse.aspx?d=252&p=1 The Fiero Store sells single and dual gauge pods for the pillar, although they are not an exact fit but they're the cleanest looking solution in my opinion. Again though, this requires taking apart some of your interior, tapping into wires for power, routing all the wires nicely, and attempting to button it all back up.

Did you talk to the guy about the BOV situation?
eljibaro127

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2012 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for eljibaro127Send a Private Message to eljibaro127Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wouldn't the sunfire boost gauge work? Also why dont you get everything working well before adding gauges? just my 2 cents

JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2012 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd rather not add any gauges, wish I could just set it and forget it.....
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2012 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Run OBD 2, smart phone/tablet etc, torque app. /gauges.

------------------
Turbo 3800 E85 F23 5spd spec5
11.54@132.7

AL87

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2012 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AL87Send a Private Message to AL87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ive been weighing the same ebay turbokit myself, waiting and watching to see where this goes.
And personally, I'd do this right the first time, and put in whatever now instead of later.
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2012 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, after many hours online searching for the most hidden AFR and boost gauges I thought I finally found it, The AEM X-WiFi. It is wideband with an O2 sensor and a module that mounts under the dash and wirelessly displays on my iPhone. Perfect right? Wrong, it will NOT show boost, so I would STILL need a gauge. Now I found the next best thing,

Same concept but instead of using the iPhone it has a 2" touch screen gauge that's just over a half inch thick. It can be pluged in and hand held, mounted or double sided tape or even Velcro. If I don't want to see it I can unplug the single plug and put it away. It also is a multi gauge that can show boost with the addition of this,

I called PLX Devices direct and they hooked me up with everything needed to make this work with my setup. Once this gets here and my 2 bar map sensor shows up along with my Sinister Preformance tuned chip I will start the install. In my down time I will be learning about blowoff valves.... Stay tuned

------------------

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/087461.html

PFF
System Bot
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2012 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you're not running an intercooler than a BOV isn't necessary.

------------------
11.54@132.7

Jonesy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 104
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2012 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JonesySend a Private Message to JonesyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im running 7lbs of boost on my turbo 3.4 setup.. You may think 7lbs isnt much, but trust me, with even only 7lbs, a 3.4 turbo fiero will scream! I hope your "china kit" works out for you, if it does you definatly made out, i paid like $3k for my garret kit.. But it was worth it, car really picks up and goes! Just make sure it breaths good too, get good headers and exhaust, maby a y-pipe if you need one, or you wont get the full potential of your turbo!

[This message has been edited by Jonesy (edited 09-27-2012).]

ConvictedRedneck

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2012 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ConvictedRedneckSend a Private Message to ConvictedRedneckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

Not enough volume to do damage? I've heard "not needing a bov" referenced before and still don't understand it.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2012 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be watching this to as well... I know i said it was cheap but if it works out well I have an 88 GT that is just itching for something fun done to it..
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2012 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ConvictedRedneck:

Not enough volume to do damage? I've heard "not needing a bov" referenced before and still don't understand it.

Yeah its only like 1 cu ft of air. There is hardly ever damage to worry about even if you have some long charge pipes. It just might slow you down a tiny tiny bit when you shift and that air starts to move the opposite direction.

------------------
11.54@132.7

turboguy327

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2012 10:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Justinbart:

Not true at all. If its a gas engine, it needs some kind of venting for boost. I have no idea why you would think that. It can be driven without a BOV but all kinds of horrible noises and damage will result.
Justinbart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2012 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JustinbartSend a Private Message to JustinbartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by turboguy327:

Not true at all. If its a gas engine, it needs some kind of venting for boost. I have no idea why you would think that. It can be driven without a BOV but all kinds of horrible noises and damage will result.

I guess dozens of car manufactures have been doing it wrong for decades.

------------------
11.54@132.7

darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2012 06:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, the grand nationals obviously didnt work.
Meatstick62

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2012 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Meatstick62Send a Private Message to Meatstick62Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A diverter valve can serve as an alternative to a BOV. It's true that many factory turbocharged engines don't utilize BOV's but a majority use a diverter valve to reroute pressurized air back into the intake tract.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock