Started on: 08-02-2012 02:55 PM
Replies: 28 (2182 views)
Last post by: Danyel on 10-11-2017 07:47 PM
Will

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2012 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2012 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If this was for the 88, I would be all over it.

Still a good price if you have the means to do all the finish machining required.
FieroWannaBe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This sucks.

I was seriously considering dropping the coin to get a set.

Guess not.
CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroWannaBe:

This sucks.

I was seriously considering dropping the coin to get a set.

Guess not.

But...a complete set of 2" drop spindles comes with the sale...so at the current price, for $200 more than the set would cost, you can get all their tooling with it. You may be able to then sell the tooling to someone else for $200. I would like to see someone buy this just so that the parts would still be available to us (I have no intentions of buying, but hate seeing us lose a vendor).
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:

But...a complete set of 2" drop spindles comes with the sale...so at the current price, for $200 more than the set would cost, you can get all their tooling with it. You may be able to then sell the tooling to someone else for $200. I would like to see someone buy this just so that the parts would still be available to us (I have no intentions of buying, but hate seeing us lose a vendor).

If it comes with some of the custom multi-bolt pattern hubs using the stock bearings, I am sure you could sell those pretty quick too.
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2012 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The multi-pattern hubs were only made to work with the aluminum knuckles, which use larger wheel bearings from a 3rd Gen Camaro Z28.
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2012 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I put a bid in, we will see how it goes. I can get the machining done on the existing spindles without much leg work and expense. Finding a casting shop near Milwaukee is as easy as throwing a rock and seeing where it lands. But a market that would buy these is the hardest part, maybe people that are building lotus 7 replicas stateside. I doubt enough fiero owners would front the money to buy them to warrant a run of castings. Thats if he is willing to sell the operation at the price I bid. I'm not made of money, but would hate for this operation to dissapear, since once in a while someone will come along who would want a set (maybe 1 or 2 a year).
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2012 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Won the auction!

Had my eye on it, will be producing these soon. Keep an eye out!
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2012 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on the win, I hope to see these back on the market.

I am really interested in learning more about the units with larger bearings, that what I think the community needs, at least for those focused more on true racing.

And if you need any help with the production just shoot me a PM.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2012 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice! Keep us informed!
Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2012 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Won the auction!

If you're interested in producing the larger pattern hubs, I have a design alteration in mind that I'd like to see implemented.
PFF
System Bot
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2012 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Won the auction!

Congrats DC4!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2012 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys

Should keep me busy!
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2012 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
doublec4,

How did the purchase go? I hope your making some good progress on the uprights!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2012 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I picked them up this weekend and will be working on them in the next few weeks to come. I have to find some local places to do the machine work. Going to look into some ways to make the whole process a little quicker to machine to keep prices lower.

I hope when they are finished there is still interest in these very beautiful pieces!

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, Ill say that I am very interested in Drop spindles that can take a larger Bearing/hub assembly.
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent DC4! Way to go... I wish you the best of luck in getting this niche product off the ground (again). Kudos!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys,

Definitely not going to sell a million of these (even though they are fantastic pieces). It's a niche product as you mentioned Bloozberry. My goal is to bring these back to life and learn something along the way.

I hate to see things discontinued for our cars and I know there are a few people out there who would still be interested in them. I will be sure to post up here when they are complete, and I will also put them on my website.

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah, good for you! I hope everything works out and you make a killing

Thanks for doing this for the Fiero community.

Nolan
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What Nolan said!
nightonfire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2012 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Chris,

I almost bought these outright. Im glad I had to leave town and forgot about the auction or it would have just been you and I bidding and wasted cash. I have some good connects here in SD which would have cost me nearly nothing to produce. Well atleast I know your gonna do some quality work : )
PFF
System Bot
Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2013 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im interested in these. Any plans for production yet?
jjd2296

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2017 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jjd2296Send a Private Message to jjd2296Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this thread seemed to have fallen off, did you ever make any??

Thanks guys,

Definitely not going to sell a million of these (even though they are fantastic pieces). It's a niche product as you mentioned Bloozberry. My goal is to bring these back to life and learn something along the way.

I hate to see things discontinued for our cars and I know there are a few people out there who would still be interested in them. I will be sure to post up here when they are complete, and I will also put them on my website.

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2017 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me wondering too. Thanks for bring this thread back to life.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2017 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You should contact doubleC4 (Chris) he is the owner of these.

Danyel

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

sluppy123

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2017 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sluppy123Send a Private Message to sluppy123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've tried contacting him via email several times. Never hear back from him.
fieroguru

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2017 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On 2/6/16 he posted this in his build thread:

The drop spindle project didn't really go anywhere, and I don't see it going anywhere in the future. Long story short, unless I have the machines to machine these myself, I can't make a profit off of them. I have probably 500lbs of castings here that are a waste. If somebody wants to buy all of them, be my guest. I already reverse engineered the spindles and have proper drawings for them with manufacturing dimensions and tolerances.
wftb

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2017 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sluppy123:

I've tried contacting him via email several times. Never hear back from him.

He usually responds to a PM or a post on his thread.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2017 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I emailed him an offer ..... waiting on his reply

Danyel

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave