Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Katatak's Next Big Fiero Adventure! (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Katatak's Next Big Fiero Adventure! by katatak
Started on: 05-03-2012 11:43 PM
Replies: 242 (7142 views)
Last post by: katatak on 07-15-2014 11:03 PM
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2014 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been awhile since I did any work on the Roadster. It was 100 degrees in the garage this afternoon but I did get a few things done. Finished up some fab work on the mount pads for the front hoop and removed the drivers door so I can start welding the cage in. No way I was going to suit up and start welding in that heat though - it will have to wait for some cooler weekend mornings.

More later!

Pat

P.S. IOP7!

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 06-18-2014).]

IP: Logged
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2014 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a quick update - I have been tinkering on the Roadster project for the last few weeks. I have the front hoop welded in and have a couple more races to make - also working on the floor mounts for the rear hoop and planning to complete the cage in the next week. No pics but I'll post some this weekend. I'm almost to that point where I have to decide what swap will go in it. LS4 / Auto, 3800 SC / Auto, LS4 / 6 speed, 3800 SC / 6 Speed or go somewhere that I have no experience with and do a 3800 Turbo? Decisions, decisions............

More later!

Pat

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2014 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With the cool weather the last few days, I've been able to do some work out in the garage. Working on the front hoop install - did some trimming of the windshield frame and working out how I'm going to reinforce / trim out the top of the frame. I think I have a solution. I'll fab a piece of sheet metal that will sit on the underneath side of the outer roof metal and then sit centered on the bar - weld it in place with some stitch welds - the "trim" piece will have dimple died holes to tie into the restof the sheet metal work in the interior. Also plan on filling in between the A pillar and the bar. This should make the windshield frame very solid and help to tie the bar into the chassis.

Will need to decide how to trim out the corners

And fill the space between the outer and inner skin

Just a "test" piece to get a visual

More later!

Pat
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page