Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Katatak's Next Big Fiero Adventure! (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Katatak's Next Big Fiero Adventure! by katatak
Started on: 05-03-2012 11:43 PM
Replies: 242 (7142 views)
Last post by: katatak on 07-15-2014 11:03 PM
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:

Garage is looking good!

It's getting there - with the "thaw" lately, I have found where there are a few leaks form snow melt/rain. I'll have to take care of that in the spring - dig a "mote" aorund the garage and build a drainage system. Also going to have a new floor poured in the spring. It's a lot of work just to work on a Fiero! I'll have a ton of money tied up in this one and most of it will be in the garage......

Aw Yes - page 3 ownage! Have not owned a page in months - feels good!

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 02-11-2013).]

IP: Logged
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2013 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Hah! You move all that way to get away from snakes, and one pops up in your mancave. Ironic.

I can't wait to see what you have planned. Looks like a great start there Pat.

Ironic is'nt it Tony? 7 years in El Paso and never seen a snake, scorpion or tarantula at my house. Move to Omaha and I've seen 7 (all Garder) snakes in my yard / garage in the last 3 months. Plus I have about 11 damn Squirels living in the big Oak out back. They are raising hell in my yard - digging holes, burying nuts, digging them up, etc. There is one big fat dude that actually "charges" me if I step foot in the grass! I may have to "dispatch" him! Hope I don't find a nest of them in the FIero when I tear into it.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Garage is done and the Fiero is in! Started tinkering with it today. I can hear the fuel pump - just have to figure out how to hook up my pressure gauge and check it. I did remove the feed and return line at the TB and found the feed side was missing the Oring. Found it in 2 pieces laying on the manifold. Not sure if it crumbled and fell apart when I pulled the line or if it was there from a previous owner? So, before I can go further, I need to find some replacement O Rings. Started a post in Technical asking for advice on checking the FP - can't seem to find a "port" for the gauge? I know zip about the Duke. Also found that when I went to move the car into the garage, the right front caliper is pretty tight. Very hard to roll the car into the garage. I'd really like to see if it runs and moves before I tear it apart. Would rather sell the running Duke with trans to someoen that can use it versus haul it to the scrap yard. I'm not going to mess with it too much though. More later!

Garage is done and open for a Fiero Project!

Big day for me - first wrench turned on a Fiero since April 2012! Wahoooooooo!

josef644

Feedback score:    (71)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
88 front caliper rebuilds are a piece of cake. Around $10.00 for a new seal and boot. I have around 4 here. I can fix you one if you need it. Most just need the sliders lubed, and, or rust removed from the rotor.

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 02-17-2013).]

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by josef644:

88 front caliper rebuilds are a piece of cake. Around $10.00 for a new seal and boot. I have around 4 here. I can fix you one if you need it. Most just need the sliders lubed, and, or rust removed from the rotor.

Thanks for the info / offer Joe. This is an 87. I am going to do the Grand Am upgrade so it's not a big thing. I suspect either rust or a colapsed brake line - won't let the pressure off the piston.
Frizlefrak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 72
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pat...no port on the TBI motors. Just run a T fitting on the pressure line to a 0-15 psi gauge. You should get 9-13 psi.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Frizlefrak:

Pat...no port on the TBI motors. Just run a T fitting on the pressure line to a 0-15 psi gauge. You should get 9-13 psi.

Thanks Dan!

Messed with it some today. I picked up new orings for the fuel lines and reinstalled them. Hooked up a battery and gave it a shot of starting fluid. Tunred the key - nothing! Yesterday, the starter clicked a few times. Today - not a tick.

Got her up on jack stands and was going to dive under and pull the starter. First off, I thought I'd make sure the motor was not lcoked up. I pulled the plugs and put a wrench on it and she spun over nicely. I got too cold to crawl around on the concrete - even though I have heat in tha garage now - it's an age thing I guess. About killed me just getting it on jack stands! If feels good to get a little Fiero grease on my hands though.

It also had some home made center console / sub woofer thing that had to go so I got it out of the way.

More later!

Pat

P.S. Man o Man is the Monte Dirty!

[This message has been edited by katatak (edited 02-18-2013).]

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post02-18-2013 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Brother, you have had a PM.

You know what, this year I too have found the cold a bit much. Just that much harder to work on things.

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Hey Brother, you have had a PM.

You know what, this year I too have found the cold a bit much. Just that much harder to work on things.

Just shows my age Tony - forgot all about PM's. I was wondering why my laptop "dinged" everytime I went in PFF! I get with you in a few days about the headlights.
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cold sucks. Age sucks more. Cold and age peg the suck-o-meter. I'm having a hell of a time getting motivated to do anything right now, and it's a whole lot warmer here than where you're at Pat.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cold sucks. Age sucks more. Cold and age peg the suck-o-meter. I'm having a hell of a time getting motivated to do anything right now, and it's a whole lot warmer here than where you're at Pat.

I have a 4T60 ready to install here. New hinges for the passenger side door. Just hate to tear down my car. 65 yeras old now moans and groans a-plenty after getting up off of the concrete garage floor.

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 02-18-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does my heart good to see you digging in again...
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have a 4T60 ready to install here. New hinges for the passenger side door. Just hate to tear down my car. 65 yeras old now moans and groans a-plenty after getting up off of the concrete garage floor.

Just a mere 9 months ago, I could crawl all over and under a Fiero - swap 2 motors in a weekend, pull the front springs on an 88 3 times in a day, etc. etc. Today, It took me all day to install 2 fuel lines, get the car on a set of jack stands, remove 4 spark plugs, remove the rear wheels, remove the passenger splash gaurd and turn the motor over a few revolutions. I am seriously out of "Fiero" shape! One of the main reasons I started this project - was to keep me active in the garage. The nice part about this is - I don;t have a "time frame".

Right now, the big thing holding me back from tearing it completely apart is that here in Nebraskea, the car has to be "inspected" - it's basically a check to see if the title is correct and matches the VIN but it's also a "funtional" inpsection. If you drive it in, it passes the "functional" part. Without it running, I will have to trailer it down to the inspection place - which is not a big deal and will ost likely be what happens after looking the car over some today. Even if I do get it running, I am not going to take it out on the road - brakes are shot, tires a dry rotted and I'd have to remove the driver seat and de rust the seat rails - seat is stuck all the way forward and there is no way I can even think about getting in the dirver seat. I do not want to put a lot of work in the car until I have a title in my name. I'll probably trailer it down next week - running or not. As sson as I'm sure it's "mine", it will not take long to get it torn apart.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Does my heart good to see you digging in again...

Hey John - thanks for checking in on me!

Glad to be back in the Fiero game. I wasted a lot of time today just "re learning" my tool box!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2013 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got one of these in the mail today:

Installed it and hooked up a brand new battery. Had soem "electrical" issues right off the bat. I thought that maybe the starter solenoid was stuck. So I decided to do the hot wire to terminal G to see if the pump was working. As I was doing that I found that when I turned the key on, sometimes the pump would run and other times, the car was dead. No headlights, no - nada - nothin!. Checked the fuseable links and the power distribution block - it was very rusty. Took it all apart, cleaned up all the connectors, put it back together. Bingo. Have 11 psi on the fuel gauge with key on! Starter cranks! Car trys to fire but just sputters - spary a little starter fluid and she "pops" a few times then sounds like it wants to start but after a minute, it just cranks - acts like there is no fuel.

Not sure about the Injector - if it is even working. It acts like it's out of time. With Starter Fluid, it sounds like it's firing through an exhaust valve the first few revolutions then it settles down and sounds like a normal Duke trying to start?

I've had enough - I'm not messing with the Duke any longer - out she comes! I'll rent a trailer this next week and drag it down to DMV to get the title changed over to my name and then I'll start tearing it apart.

More later!

Pat
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2013 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Timing gears are likely wasted.....don't even mess with it. Out with the boat anchor!

We're getting close to fire up on the Mustang Pat.....wish you were here to witness!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2013 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Timing gears are likely wasted.....don't even mess with it. Out with the boat anchor!

We're getting close to fire up on the Mustang Pat.....wish you were here to witness!

I am so sad that I will miss that! Kind of like that "project" you never got to finish! You can take me for a spin this Summer when I come out to visit!
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2013 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pat don't junk it. 87's were the last of the real oil filter Dukes, and it had DIS ignition. It came with the newer intake, throttle body and the fuel lines were compatible to connect to any V6 Fiero. The automatic transmission should have the 2.84 final drive. Good for obtaining really great gas mileage with a V6 or a Duke. I wish you weren't so close to the North Pole from Houston.
-Joe
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2013 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pat don't junk it. 87's were the last of the real oil filter Dukes, and it had DIS ignition. It came with the newer intake, throttle body and the fuel lines were compatible to connect to any V6 Fiero. The automatic transmission should have the 2.84 final drive. Good for obtaining really great gas mileage with a V6 or a Duke. I wish you weren't so close to the North Pole from Houston.
-Joe

It will not go to scrap Joe! If we were closer, I'd throw it in the truck and bring it over to you - free of charge! - or at least trade you for a glass of Ice Tea...... I was hoping I could get it running - it would be worth something to someone of it were a plug and play for someone's blowed up Fiero. When it's out of the car, I will offer it up the Fiero community. I may pull the vavle cover and crank it around to see if the valve timing is off - probably will take a compression test. I'm thinkiing that the Injector is dead. - No power, etc. I have a pretty busy work schedule over the next few weeks and won't have time to mess with it much We'll see what happens in a few weeks - maybe I'll have some ambition to tinker with it a little more.
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2013 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Open the oil cap and have someone give it a spin while you are looking down into the rockers. See if they are jumping up and down. I would love to speak up for that Duke. We got an offer on our house yesterday, and not sure where we will be living next month.

If I was gonna Duke one, that is the only one I would want to use after an good overhaul.

If the injector is bad, it should run about 2-3 seconds off of 1/2 tablespoon of unleaded.

[This message has been edited by josef644 (edited 02-23-2013).]

F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2013 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I totally agree what use to take me two weeks takes two years now. If I lay under a car one day it takes two days to get my hips to stop hurting. Age sucks big time.
PFF
System Bot
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2013 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pat, I don't think I could handle the cold there being a desert rat. My crossover pipe cracked on the 88. Got it ported and welded but the pipes shifted slightly so I have not been able to get it to seal at both manifolds at he same time. So now I have a coated Fiero Store crossover on the way. It looks like it will flow much better than the factory piece anyway. I could not believe how badly the factory crossover was put together and welded when I removed the heat shielding. One pipe was 50 percent restricted.

I know you will make a great car out of your project. Hope to see you this summer!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2013 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

Pat, I don't think I could handle the cold there being a desert rat. My crossover pipe cracked on the 88. Got it ported and welded but the pipes shifted slightly so I have not been able to get it to seal at both manifolds at he same time. So now I have a coated Fiero Store crossover on the way. It looks like it will flow much better than the factory piece anyway. I could not believe how badly the factory crossover was put together and welded when I removed the heat shielding. One pipe was 50 percent restricted.

I know you will make a great car out of your project. Hope to see you this summer!

Hey Rick,

I know what you are saying on the crossover - Everyone I ever looked at was way restricted. Probably the best mod anyone could do to the stock manifolds and crossover is gut em out. I'll bet you notice a little difference in the seat o meter when you get the new crossover installed. I can't remember - does it have stock logs or headers? I know the stock logs I put on the Bus way back when were ported and welded. Can't remember if they were swapped by Phil on the 3.4 when he put it in the Bus.

This project will be built the way I've always wanted one! But I have decided I need another one too - I'm on the hunt for a nice 88 Formula - I miss Red - want another one for a daily driver.
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2013 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

But I have decided I need another one too - I'm on the hunt for a nice 88 Formula - I miss Red - want another one for a daily driver.

Is that a fact???

http://albuquerque.craigsli.../cto/3588663063.html
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2013 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is that a fact???

http://albuquerque.craigsli.../cto/3588663063.html

And it's an auto - was just over on CL looking at that one - You know it will be sans rust! I'll be in Pueblo next week - would not take much to drop down to Los Lunas and drive that one home! There's one in C Springs I am going to lok at next Tusday while I'm in the area.
Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2013 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

And it's an auto - was just over on CL looking at that one - You know it will be sans rust! I'll be in Pueblo next week - would not take much to drop down to Los Lunas and drive that one home! There's one in C Springs I am going to lok at next Tusday while I'm in the area.

Yep....I've been eyeballing it for a while now....just no place to put another one. Looks like a nice ride, and should be solid as the day it was born.
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pat, the manifolds are ported and welded. However after I saw how restrictive the factory Y pipe was, I don't know if it really made much difference. We will see after the new crossover is installed.

The Formula in New Mexico looks very nice. It would be a great candidate for a late model Malibu 3.6 V6/six speed automatic swap. I am watching Fiero Guru's Saab turbo 2.8 F40 six speed manual swap thread very intently. Who knows what may be in store for the Mera in the future.

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 02-27-2013).]

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rick 88:

Pat, the manifolds are ported and welded. However after I saw how restrictive the factory Y pipe was, I don't know if it really made much difference. We will see after the new crossover is installed.

The Formula in New Mexico looks very nice. It would be a great candidate for a late model Malibu 3.6 V6/six speed automatic swap. I am watching Fiero Guru's Saab turbo 2.8 F40 six speed manual swap thread very intently. Who knows what may be in store for the Mera in the future.

If I pick up a daily driver, it will remain as stock as possible. I feel I have one more Fiero swap in me and this is it - just not as much fun as it used to be. Partly because I don't have any "union" brothers here in Omaha to stand around in my garage and tell me what I'm doing wrong or to "crack" the whip when the union break runs over it's time limit!

Never had a GT - Took a spin in an 86 GT this evening - not a bad car - just did not do anything for me.I guess I'm a dyed in the wool Notchie fan! The right one will come along.
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let me know if you want me to check out the Formula for you Pat! It's 20 minutes from work.

------------------
84 Fiero V6 4 speed
84 Fiero Duke 4 Speed
11 Camaro SS/RS LS3
08 Suburban Z71
12 Silverado Z71
12 Tahoe LT
73 VW Baja

Originally posted by pontiackid86:
i'm sure i could fly a plane no problem.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2013 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Long time - no post! Been busy with other things - mainly the dreaded "work". Also working on a kitchen remodel, rebuilt the steering and suspension in my 99 Blazer and preparing for my wife's hip replacement surgery next week!

But, I have had a "few" moments to play with the Fiero project. My goal was to get it over to the DMV, get the required Nebraska title inspection done and get it titled in my name. I did not want to put too much into the car until I was sure all was good with the title. In order to do that, I had to dismantle the brakes - all 4 calipers were "hanging" up and it was very difficult to move the car. Even broke a 4000lb come a long trying to winch it up on a trailer last week! So I spent a few hours yesterday taking the calipers off the car - it was a PITA because the pistons were froze - took some major league prying with a big bar. I got all four off and loaded her up on a trailer this morning - drug it over to the DMV and got the title taken care of. As soon as I get this kitchen project done (2 or 3 weeks), the Fiero will start getting dismantled! I can't hardly wait to get started.

More Later!

Pat
josef644

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2013 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josef644Send a Private Message to josef644Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, whats going on here?
PFF
System Bot
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2013 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still on the back burner Joe! Work is crazy busy, got my kitchen gutted, etc. etc. Hunting for a power plant now - 3800SC o LS? - what ever comes up first.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2013 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well it's been a busy 2 plus months. Work is still crazy but showing signs of easing up - kitchen is nearly completed and I'm on the hunt for an LS4 for the next project. After all that insulation and sheeting I did in the garage last Winter, I've decided that it has to be torn down and a new one built. The contractor just left after doing some measuring and finalizing the type of garage along with a lot of concrete work - will have an entire new driveway poured while they are ripping and tearing. Hope to start demolition in the next couple weeks - wanting it done before the end of October. Between now and then, I will find an LS4 w/trans and gather up all the pieces and parts for the swap. Got a lot of "research" to do, questions to ask before I can rip and tear on the Fiero. Can't wait to get started - it's been over a year since my last Fiero "fix". More later!

Pat

Frizlefrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2013 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FrizlefrakSend a Private Message to FrizlefrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like fun Pat. We miss having you down here!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2013 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sounds like fun Pat. We miss having you down here!

I miss the El Paso Fiero gatherings and I miss the "dry" heat - no matter what I do here, I sweat! can't get cooled off no matter what - not acclimating to the humidity well. That's another big reason to build the new garage - seal it off with central air! I'm really looking forward to tearing a Fiero apart and rebuilding it from the ground up! May have a low mileage LS4 w/trans, wiring, computer(s) and the tap shift steering column on it's way by tomorrow. Wish me luck!
AL68

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2013 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AL68Send a Private Message to AL68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who's doing your garage? I want to do the same thing but none of the builders I know around here wanted to do something as small as a garage.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AL68:

Who's doing your garage? I want to do the same thing but none of the builders I know around here wanted to do something as small as a garage.

The Garage Company on L Street - around 72nd.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2013 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

katatak

7136 posts
Member since Apr 2008
So - I got the bids back for the new garage - the garage tear down and to build the new one is not bad - more than I was expecting but not bad! I also had them bid to redo the entire driveway and parking area - not bad either but, because of where the garage is located now (right up against the alley) the new garage will have to be moved out and over. Plus, I can't build the garage the way (size) I want due to zoning laws. To make it work, I would have to build the garage smaller than what I already have - which is 24 X 40 - the new one has to be 24 X 30. I can go this route and have another 10 X 20 built next to it but it needs to be a "shed" without a permanent floor. The bigger issue is that I would have to have a lot of dirt work done along the alley and then have a retaining wall built along the alley as it is 3 feet higher than the floor of the current garage - that's big bucks and unknown until the old garage is torn down. It's a "gamble" as depending on what's there now could end up causing a lot of work and could end up pushing the new garage so far toward the house and "centered" on the lot that it would be a waste. I am not going to take the gamble.

So now, I will have the construction guys build a drain field behind the garage - digging the fill out between the garage and the alley and filling with gravel / drain field, etc. The roof needs a few patches that I can do - the only draw back is that the garage floor is not in the best of shape but for now I can live with it.

So - the Fiero project will start this weekend. After I do a clean up of the garage, I will put the Monte in storage so I have plenty of room to rip and tear the Fiero apart. I'm fired up to get started! Now if we could get it to cool off a little here in Omaha, I might actually leave my chair and go get started! More to come.

Pat
LAMBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2013 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LAMBOSend a Private Message to LAMBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be checking in to see how this progresses.
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2013 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pat,
I think you need a "new" car. 13 hour drive for me but I think I may do proxybid.

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/rRFiSUH4gdQ
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 7 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay