Started on: 04-20-2012 01:40 PM
Replies: 190 (3982 views)
Last post by: carbonfiber_kid on 10-16-2013 03:47 PM
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2012 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

oh ya !!! Race I might be ordering 5 more ... please stand by for my confirmation on the extra 5 THX

Danyel

EDITED: MY PAGE !!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 04-22-2012).]

IP: Logged
paced84

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2012 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will take two. engraved paced84
Ron T
Historian
Indy owner

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2012 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the PM Race. Count me in
2 coins

1. CHOPTOP
2. ARROW
c-l

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2012 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for c-lSend a Private Message to c-lEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Count me in for 10

1 - C-L
2 - The Indy
3 - BlkPegasus
4 - Michael
5 - Ottawa
6 - Montreal
7 - FieroTalk
8 - Indy 2013
9 - Tracking #
10 - Tracking #

Thanks!

RACE

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by paced84:

I will take two. engraved paced84
Ron T
Historian
Indy owner

Ron, do you want both of your coins to say paced84? That is how I have it listed currently. If its not what you want please let me know.

---

The list has Ben updated. Please verify that I have your coin request listed properly. If you would like to amend your request in any way let me know before we announce that we are collecting the money to proceed to production.

At this time I would estimate a shipping date for your coins to be around the third week of June. I will try to get them to you sooner if I can. Of course that is subject to change.

The back of this coin is going to be Killer! It will be the first tri-colored backside of the coin that we have produced. In my estimation this could be one of the most coveted after coins ever. Please keep in mind, we have never remade a coin after it's original production run was over.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 04-23-2012).]

GTMN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTMNSend a Private Message to GTMNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These look Awsome!!!
Can I add one more to my order?
I would like it to read
INDY FIERO
Thanks,
Mark

[This message has been edited by GTMN (edited 04-23-2012).]

Fierosmith

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierosmithSend a Private Message to FierosmithEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi Race,

please add two more coins to my order.

4 - 84 PaceCar
5 - 84 Indy500

Thanks!
Jim

------------------
The only thing more Fun than Driving a Fiero, is Learning how to Work on one...

SlowGuitarMan

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SlowGuitarManSend a Private Message to SlowGuitarManEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not sure how I feel about the red on the back, but I will just have to deal. Might look better on the actual coin.

That being said, I still want some. Assuming they are about the same price as before, I want:

1: SGM
2: Trackable

I am on the edge for one or two more, but I will take those two for sure.

Thanks for all the work in this, Race!
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SlowGuitarMan:

Not sure how I feel about the red on the back, but I will just have to deal...

Thanks for all the work in this, Race!

You are welcome. It's my pleasure to serve the Fiero community.

I was unsure too until I thought about the interior of the car. Red is a predominant color when you are sitting down in an Indy.

Thanks to Danyel I had a chance to see what the coin would look like with white and red on the back and both looked great but the red went "Boom" for me. I think you will like it.

Edit: I have updated the list and project status at the top of Page 1. 7 more coins until we reach the required amount of 100. We should easily reach that mark within the next 24 hours.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 04-23-2012).]

chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll take three:
1. Chris
2. Randy
3. trackable #
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2012 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SlowGuitarMan:

Not sure how I feel about the red on the back, but I will just have to deal. Might look better on the actual coin.

I love it, it was a nice surprise considering I went on gut ordering it before I even knew what they would like.
PFF
System Bot
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2012 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will update the list late tonight.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 04-25-2012).]

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2012 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please add 2 more for me ... here is my final list:

1 x BlkWidow
1 x TylersToy
3 x Indy
total 5 geocoins
thanks Race
------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 04-24-2012).]

paced84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2012 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes
paced84 on both coins.

Ron T
paced84

thanks

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

BMTFIERO

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BMTFIEROSend a Private Message to BMTFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here's my four:

BMTFIERO
Lady BMT
Mitchell
Marshall
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have reached the 100 coins that are necessary to proceed to production. I will work on getting the final coin price from the manufacturer today and post the price here as soon as I hear back from them.

Very soon we will begin collecting the money to move forward. Thanks everyone for joining in to make this happen. A project like this would not be financially possible without the group. I know of only a handful of other cars clubs who have been able to pull something like this off. This will be our 7th run of coins. I think that says something about our members.
CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Race,

Did you make the final decision on the back of the coin color yet ?

I loved the first version, the white backround w/ black & red looks fantastic. It just pops.

** Edit **
Just saw your reason on page 1 why this couldn't be done. The more I look at the red, it's starting to grow on me.

[This message has been edited by CoolBlue87GT (edited 04-25-2012).]

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The coin shown at the top of page 1 is our final design. Red is a predominant color of the interior of an Indy Fiero. I believe that it is a proper tribute. Coins like this don't always pop with a lot of white on them either. After reviewing the artwork That Danyel provided I had to make a decision and went with the one that I felt best about. Not everyone will like everything we choose but I try to put out the best product that I can for the money.

The coin that you posted in the big photo can not be produced because we can not get red metal. (We can only add paint to the recessed areas, however black nickel finish is available.) I think you will be very happy with the final design that we have chosen.

Final design:

I have contacted the manufacturer and should have a price quote but have not received word back yet. I will pass along the pricing information as soon as I hear from them.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 04-27-2012).]

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RACE

4842 posts
Member since Dec 2002
The deadline for ordering new coins with tracking numbers is April 30, 11:59pm CDT. This is necessary to proceed to the next stage of production.

If you think you might like to request a coin(s) but haven't already the time to do so is right now. We have never remade a coin after it's production run was over. I do not believe we ever will.
Axdrenalin

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Axdrenalin:

I'll take two of them again...... both with my username on them.

(1) Axdrenalin
(2) Axdrenalin

Thanks,

Robert

RACE, I'd like to add two more coins to my order, for a total of four.

(1) Axdrenalin
(2) Axdrenalin
(3) William
(4) Brandon

Please update my order status to reflect the additional two coins please!

Robert

[This message has been edited by Axdrenalin (edited 04-25-2012).]

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2012 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Done.

*****Please verify the accuracy of your requests in the list on Page 1, Post 1 if you have not already done so.*****
I think I have the proper shade of red to use on the coin. If you have an Indy Fiero would you compare (Pantone) PMS 485 Red to the red color of your Indy Fiero's interior in the sun? I think it is really close judging by photos of Indys that I have seen in photographs.

Pantone color chart.
http://www.cal-print.com/InkColorChart.htm

Thanks

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 04-25-2012).]

PFF
System Bot
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 278
User Banned

Report this Post04-26-2012 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RACE:

Done.

*****Please verify the accuracy of your requests in the list on Page 1, Post 1 if you have not already done so.*****
I think I have the proper shade of red to use on the coin. If you have an Indy Fiero would you compare (Pantone) PMS 485 Red to the red color of your Indy Fiero's interior in the sun? I think it is really close judging by photos of Indys that I have seen in photographs.

Pantone color chart.
http://www.cal-print.com/InkColorChart.htm

Thanks

#485 looks to orange, and #185 looks too pink..
#186 is almost the match for the rug behind the seat(no sun fade)
but this is from a computer screen not a paint/dye chip
realliving1

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for realliving1Send a Private Message to realliving1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Two for me please!
1. 1987 GT
2. Trackable
Thank You
Bill
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2012 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by E.Furgal:

#485 looks to orange, and #185 looks too pink..
#186 is almost the match for the rug behind the seat(no sun fade)
but this is from a computer screen not a paint/dye chip

E.Furgal, thanks for checking that out for me. I am faced with a small problem. My laptop and iPad do not agree as far as colors go. The #485 does not look at all the same on both screens. I am inclined to trust my iPad more since it is much newer and has the retinal display. I will check it against the color deck that cornersonrails sent to me a few years ago during a previous project.

The list has been updated.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 04-26-2012).]

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-27-2012 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

E.Furgal, thanks for checking that out for me. I am faced with a small problem. My laptop and iPad do not agree as far as colors go. The #485 does not look at all the same on both screens. I am inclined to trust my iPad more since it is much newer and has the retinal display. I will check it against the color deck that cornersonrails sent to me a few years ago during a previous project.

The list has been updated.

screens lie, you might want to get a small sample of each color, i pad being new, means nada, as you can fudge with screen settings..
that is if you want it to match, I'm not that picky, cause lets face it.. if the coin matches the rug behind the seat, it's not gonna match the seat thats seen years of sunlight..

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This won't lie to me. I wish I had an Indy handy.

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-27-2012 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

you could mail it to me, and I can match to my cars interior.. and them I'l post and mail your chip book back
it's up to u
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2012 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the offer. I'm still going to try to find a car locally. : )

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2012 05:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RACE, count me in for one. I am a bit surprised, though...seems like I usually get a PM from you when you have a new project coming out, but this time, nothing. I'm glad I happened to stop by the forum and find your post! Just have them put a tracking number on it.
GTMN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2012 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTMNSend a Private Message to GTMNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sorry double post

[This message has been edited by GTMN (edited 04-29-2012).]

GTMN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2012 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTMNSend a Private Message to GTMNEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

GTMN

355 posts
Member since Sep 2005

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

PM sent
PFF
System Bot
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2012 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by litespd:

RACE, count me in for one. I am a bit surprised, though...seems like I usually get a PM from you when you have a new project coming out, but this time, nothing. I'm glad I happened to stop by the forum and find your post! Just have them put a tracking number on it.

Sorry about that. I'll make surety add you to my pm list again. I thought you were on it when I copied mad pasted it.
sadie goad

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2012 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like four coins, please!

EDIT: All four with tracking numbers!

[This message has been edited by sadie goad (edited 04-30-2012).]

fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2012 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just made it!!
Ill take my usual 2

1) fiero67
2) trackable

thank you
E.Furgal

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-30-2012 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for E.FurgalSend a Private Message to E.FurgalEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what exactly is "trackable"
ZarZ

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2012 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZarZSend a Private Message to ZarZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
2 Coins Please! PMed engravings. I JUST saw the PM.
hinesb1890

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2012 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hinesb1890Click Here to visit hinesb1890's HomePageSend a Private Message to hinesb1890Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to be in for two, one trackable, and one that says "BHINES"... almost missed out on this it's a good thing I came on!
RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2012 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been at work and busy almost constantly since my last post here. I am updating the list now.

Edit: I need to get some sleep but tomorrow I wll post the price per coin and start collecting the funds so that we can proceed to procuction.

The list on page 1 has been updated. Please make sure your request is accurate. Thanks and good night.

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 05-01-2012).]

RACE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2012 04:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RACEClick Here to visit RACE's HomePageSend a Private Message to RACEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

RACE

4842 posts
Member since Dec 2002
The time for new or modified requests has passed. We are ready to start collecting the money to move forward.

Each coin before shipping comes out to be $8.90. That is just inside of price range that I thought we might have to expect. Please add $4.80 shipping to each order.

If you live in a location other than North America please add $5.00 for international shipping. (Canada is considered domestic for my purposes. For more details see SHIPPING INFORMATION on page 1.)

Here is the breakdown:

1 Coin $8.90 x 1 = 8.90 + 4.80 (shipping) = $13.70 Final Price

2 Coins 17.80 + 4.80 (shipping) = $22.6

3 Coins 26.70 + 4.80 (shipping) = $31.50

4 Coins 35.69 + 4.80 (shipping) = $40.40

5 Coins 44.50 + 4.80 (shipping) = $49.30

10 Coins 89.00 + 4.80 (shipping) = $93.80

PLEASE READ - When you make your payment PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE include your Current Shipping Address and YOUR SCREEN NAME IN THE NOTES SECTION when you send your paypal. Sorry for shouting.

I am now accepting payments at the following Paypal address:

expiowaATyahoo.com (Replace AT with @. I did that so that web bots will not grab my email and spam me.)

I would like to have all payments received by Friday so that we can proceed to production next week. If I receive enough funding earlier to pay for our order we may be able to proceed to production this week.

Thank you all for making this possible. I appreciate your participation. :Thumbsup:

[This message has been edited by RACE (edited 05-01-2012).]

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2012 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Payment sent.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock