Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  New Project: Indy Fiero #64 Restoration (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
New Project: Indy Fiero #64 Restoration by FieroMaster88
Started on: 10-09-2011 03:31 PM
Replies: 188 (8074 views)
Last post by: FieroMaster88 on 12-14-2020 08:16 PM
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2012 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have found a place to store the car until I have time to work on it so I am no longer selling it.
IP: Logged
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2012 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YA now that makes me happy. I gave you a HUGE plus. you are the man for this job. I know this.

Tom

------------------
1985 Fiero GT 4speed 1986 Fiero GT
1997 BMW 328 1984 Porsche 944

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

[This message has been edited by Fiero Thomas (edited 02-22-2012).]

SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2012 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Me 2, glad to see she is safe. Rick B
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2012 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Glad to hear it!
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2012 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the passenger side dew wipe installed today. Also installed the shift boot and shifter/radio trim so it all matches now. And replaced the power window switches. Maybe tomorrow I'll wash it.
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2012 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today I installed led marker lights. I'll try to get some recent pictures this week and post them.
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2012 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A couple pictures:

And the new dew wipes:
84fierored

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2012 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fieroredClick Here to visit 84fierored's HomePageSend a Private Message to 84fieroredEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome you get to keep her! (Sad I just found this post) I woulda paid for it and had it in my driveway by now
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2012 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Forgot to update this. I replaced the alternator and replaced the fuel pump on Sunday. I drained all the gas out of the tank and added a couple of gallons of fresh gas. It runs a lot smoother now but I still have a hard start and high idle. The check engine light is on too with code 21. I'll have to check into that later. Here's my list I hope to get done in the next week and have the car close to drivable:

Replace broken brake line and bleed brakes.
Fix the check engine light/high idle/hard start.
Rebuild the headlight motors.
Replace the tail light bulbs and front marker/turn signal bulbs.
Replace the worn wiring to the coil.
Replace the sunroof tracks and seal.

After all that I will get new tires and then it's onto the rust repair. The battery tray, frame rails and trunk corners will be replaced. I already have the battery tray, frame rails and the metal to replace the trunk corners and other misc. rust. We're getting there slowly.
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2012 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd start with the bulbs, easiest job and will feel like something was accomplished. Code 21 is TPS, make sure it's plugged in, then test the TPS for a dead spot with a multimeter.

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2012 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The previous owner replaced the throttle body and the TPS and connector for the TPS. I'm wondering if the wiring is wrong or if the TPS was shorted. I haven't had time to check the wiring but I do have a couple good sensors around to replace the one on the car if it's bad.
PFF
System Bot
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2012 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today I got it running 100%. Found 2 wires on the throttle position sensor were swapped. Switched the wires to their correct position and the car starts and runs perfect. Took it for a drive around the neighborhood. I forgot how peppy the 2.5 feels.
tbone42

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 128
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2012 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tbone42Send a Private Message to tbone42Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aw geez.. sorry James. Momma didn't raise an electrician. I think I switched those wires back and forth three-four times I hate those dang connectors that don't match colors. I was out there doing it in the snow, too. *embarrassed*
Glad to see it running strong.

[This message has been edited by tbone42 (edited 03-31-2012).]

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2012 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It wasn't that hard to swap the 2 wires. I give you credit for working on it in the snow! If it were me I'd just let it sit until it was warmer outside. It's nice that it fires right up and idles perfectly now. Now I need to replace some bulbs and rebuild headlight motors and hopefully get some sunroof tracks sometime soon. Then it's tires, rust repair and paint.
Spaxspore

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2012 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpaxsporeSend a Private Message to SpaxsporeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oh the TPS ... took me forever to find what was causing my indy so many issues... was the tps as well.
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2012 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's nice getting the thing running good. Need to find a cooling fan for it now. Maybe I'll work on the headlight motors today. I need to find the lock rods that go from the door latch to the lock on the outside of the door also.
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2012 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a little update if anyone cares. I got the new lock installed in the deck lid and driver door. I have new sunroof tracks to install and just ordered a complete brake line kit from The Fiero Store because another rusty hose broke today.
StansGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2012 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StansGTSend a Private Message to StansGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like your still having fun with it! Very cool.

[This message has been edited by StansGT (edited 05-14-2012).]

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car is getting trailered to work where I can get the brake lines replaced and brakes bled. Maybe I can come up with some good tires for it too.
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2012 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car is at the shop. Over the next two weeks I'm going to replace all the brake lines, replace the rusted battery tray, replace the sunroof tracks and replace the tires. I'll take some pictures as I work on it.
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2012 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

The car is at the shop. Over the next two weeks I'm going to replace all the brake lines, replace the rusted battery tray, replace the sunroof tracks and replace the tires. I'll take some pictures as I work on it.

Glad to hear, I'm happy you decided to keep going! -Jason
PFF
System Bot
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My wife and I sold my house I had before we got married finally! I celebrated by buying the Indy a new set of tires. The house sale also means I don't have to sell the Indy. I'll be working on the brake lines and other stuff next week. Going to get it 100% road worthy and start driving it.
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2012 02:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The cooling fan showed up today. I also ordered enough bulbs to replace all of them and ordered a washer pump.
RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2012 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats! Selling a house in Michigan in this economy is no small feat!
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2012 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today I replaced the brake lines and got the brakes bled. The car stops great. I also replaced the cooling fan. Still waiting on the tires to show up. Tomorrow I'm going to finish installing the locks and replace the sunroof tracks.
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2012 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did not work on the car yesterday, it was 100 degrees in the shop and I just wanted to go home at the end of the day. Today I had a couple free hours in the afternoon and it was only 95 in the shop so I worked on the car some. I changed the oil, fixed the wiring to the right front turn signal, adjusted the throttle position sensor so the check engine light is no longer on and it idles at 1000 RPM and I figured out the hard start after sitting. Turns out the fuel pump relay was not being energized by the computer. I cleaned the connections at the fuel pump relay and cleaned all the connections at the C500 connector. Now the fuel pump primes when the key is turned on and the car fires right up. I also figured out that the right headlight motor didn't work because it's relay was not plugged in. I plugged it in and found out why it was unplugged, the motor does not shut off. I'll be rebuilding the headlight motor soon. I'm still waiting on the tires to come in. If I get some more time this week I will get those sunroof rails replaced and the lock set installed.

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2012 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroMaster88

7680 posts
Member since Nov 2000
Forgot I checked the a/c too. The compressor moves by hand, there is no play in the pulley and the clutch energizes when the a/c is turned on. I think I'm going to throw a belt on it and see what happens.
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2012 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went out this morning after the car sat all night and it fired right up. No more long crank. Yay!
I have a question. Does anyone know the paint codes for the white and gray on the indys? Also where can the red dot matrix decal that runs along the bottom of the car be purchased?
RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2012 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Exterior:
40C - White - 3680 - WA-8554
Lower Accent
18 - Medium Gray Poly - 3603

On the stripe, Phoenix Graphics sells it seperately from their complete kit, $99

http://www.phoenixgraphix.com/gm/1984if.php

Try the AC belt yet?
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2012 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nope. I ordered the belt and some other parts from rock auto so it's a few days out. Thank you for the paint codes.
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2012 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still waiting on the ac belt and tires. Went out and started it up this morning and the check engine light came back on. Had a code for tps sensor. I wiggled the connector and it went away. I pulled the tps off and took it apart. It was an aftermarket sensor and had a tear in the ribbon cable inside of it. I got a new sensor, installed and adjusted it now all is good. The car runs great. Hopefully the tires come in soon. I want to start driving it!
PFF
System Bot
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2012 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroMaster88

7680 posts
Member since Nov 2000
Just got home from work and found the rockauto box with the a/c belt in it sitting on the front step. I'll have to install that Monday and see if the a/c works.
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2012 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Purchased 2 headlight motors from Snapperhead today for the Indy. Tomorrow I'll put the ac belt on and see what happens. I hope my tires show up this week...

[This message has been edited by FieroMaster88 (edited 07-22-2012).]

FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2012 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Put the a/c belt on, threw a charge in the a/c system and hit the button. The compressor clutch activated and a few seconds later I had cold air blowing from the vents. We will see how long it lasts. I also installed the new antenna base and mast today. Still no tires...
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2012 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still have cold ac today. If there is a leak it's a small one.
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today I replaced the sunroof tracks and replaced the door locks. Now the trunk and both doors use the same key! Also the a/c still blows cold. Here are some pictures of the sunroof track replacement.
New tracks on bench:

Old tracks after removing seal:

Old tracks removed and surface cleaned:

New tracks all installed:

Seal installed. I reused the seal because I did not have a new one. The old one is still in good shape.
What about Bob

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for What about BobSend a Private Message to What about BobEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
James, Did you replace the rails with the headliner in place?
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes I did. I used a ratcheting wrench.
FieroMaster88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroMaster88

7680 posts
Member since Nov 2000
I have another question. Does anyone know what paint color the air cleaner and valve cover are painted with? I want to redo mine!
RWDPLZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2012 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SuperchargedV6 used Med. Marblehead Metallic with good results

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089671.html

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay