Sorry I think we got all confused, yes I have two F35 transmissions, but neither have the LSD, the LSD transmissions that were for the LSJ's were listed under a different F-number that escapes my mind.....this is where I think I got confused with one of your messages.
On my project I changed the wheel bolt pattern to access cheap wide rims and tires and avoid fiero hub failures in racing conditions. In doing so I've had to design my own rear knuckle for the 88 geometry and bigger hub bearings that works with a stock off the shelf axle that fit the F35. It will also uses vette rear calipers with e-brakes and 12" to 13" rotors.
------------------ yellow 88 GT, not stock white 88 notchie, 4 banger
my rod ends for the front suspension came in today, should get a couple pics up in the next couple days, bought links similar to your setup CC......but through QA1 I can buy just the rod ends for a few bucks cheaper.
Sorry guys nothing much to update just yet, been busy with a 3800SC and 4spd swap going into my daily driver (86GT auto) that will be installed between xmas and new years. The intake is still out for welding, but I started looking at the front suspension and ordered some custom poly bushings to run with the new cross shaft and QA1 adjustable eye bolts for a similar upper control arm setup to ccfiero's ecotec build..........was very impressed with it and its going to work well so I figured lets go with that.
That was one idea that I had, but I want to look at it a bit more, I might be able to modify the inlet (aka chop it off) and fabricate a tight 90 degree elbow that will thread into the head or bolt to the head (both requiring a bit of head modifying and a grove for a seal)
thanks for the pics CC, not sure if it will fit, but can you throw me a couple dimensions of it so I can see? Also do you have a link for the 90 degree unit?
I was just looking at it a little more, I might be able to cut the pipe off on a angle, and with another piece of 1/8" wall alum pipe cut on a angle make the inlet angle out from the head enough to clear the intake........just will require more alum welding, it should be far enough from the head gasket to keep warping down.
If you keep it bolted up, the block will act like a huge heat sink keeping the head from getting hot enough to warp. Warping a DOHC head is expensive. Better safe then sorry. With just a little bit of machining to make a slip over fit, I bet you could do a resin bonding and not weld at all.
Slightly offtopic, but here is the pics from the swap week of my daily driver........
Well I am onto 36 hours with my 3800SC swap, got the car started today and it sounds ****ing ILL, I've been taking my time with only 6 hours per day spent, its been my whole week but I have been able to spend time with the wife and not drive myself completely insane with the swap.
Here are a couple pics of the install from start to where it is right now, tomorrow just gotta clean up a couple things, take it for a test drive and clean the shop before people come back to work on monday.
Currently there is an error code for a P0101, which relates to the MAF sensor which could be bad, but it could be other things as well.
BTW the last pic is a video of the exhaust sound, computer speakers don't do it justice..........really hook up your computer to your surround stereo on your TV for best effect, but the car sounds like a small block V8 with a loopy cam.
Well I took it for its first spin.........6 puck clutches grip like a bastard and chatter, I have a small problem with the shifter not allowing the transmission to shift into 2nd and 4th, I've adjusted as much as it will let me, but since I had to modify the factory mount a bit it isn't giving me enough adjustment to get full activation, will have to build something up tomorrow.
the DD fiero is almost done, found a major problem that was being a pain in my ass last night.........sucks when its only 20 degrees F out though. Still need to fine tune the shifter, got it adjusted for 2nd, but now 1st is a pain in the ass, it will activate but barely. Also need to change the thermostat, its stuck open making for a cold drive in winter.
I started on a few other things with the project car yesterday, lasered/formed the brackets that will hold the intercooler in place. Also thanks to rourke I borrowed his 88 cradle and control arms/hubs so I can build a new cradle giving me the updated rear suspension. This I am going to make a massive jig so if I feel the need to weld up more cradles in the future
Custom 88 cradle is closer to welding, got the first major pieces lasered, formed, ready for some tack welding and test fit into the engine cradle jig. I hope everything works out, because if it does its going to be a busy weekend with a lot of progress going on. Here are a couple pics, please take a second to check out the blog if you haven't already.