Started on: 06-11-2010 09:48 PM
Replies: 91 (5309 views)
Last post by: 85sliverGT on 07-29-2017 02:07 PM
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-21-2012 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You and I seem to share the same taste in mods. Clean, and correct. Nice job.

Tony

Edit: Page duece biatches.

[This message has been edited by Tony Kania (edited 05-21-2012).]

IP: Logged
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2012 11:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice!

------------------

fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2012 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where did you get the cross-drilled rotors for your 88??

------------------
fierogt28

88 GT, Loaded, 5-speed.
88 GT, 5-speed. All original.

85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2012 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks tony, thanks nick!

[This message has been edited by 85sliverGT (edited 05-21-2012).]

85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2012 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85sliverGT

1525 posts
Member since Sep 2005
Fierogt28- the rotors were on the car when I got it, but I believe they are from the fiero store.
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2012 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Weren't you doing an F23 swap as well?
85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2012 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by 85sliverGT (edited 02-06-2013).]

85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2013 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

Weren't you doing an F23 swap as well?

I still am. I didnt go through with it last year because i already had everything to do the swap with the getrag so i figured i would use the old trans at first, then i could decided if i still wanted to swap to the F23 (and i do!)

My thread here has kind of turned into a photo album more than anything. Im not against talking about anything here, i just figure everyone likes the pictures and if there was any explanation needed someone would ask. I just added a bunch of pictures throughout that i found on my computer as well.

The end of last season and preparing for next

[This message has been edited by 85sliverGT (edited 02-06-2013).]

85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2013 12:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For my rear coil-over set up im using KYB struts, QA1 springs, and sleeves from Summit racing. For the top hats i got spring centering hats (thanks Dave Held!), with the intention on welding them to the underside of the factory strut bushing.

After reading other people talk about flipping the top strut bushing over i decided to try that. I found no issues with it, and it gives about an inch of travel back to the strut. The only difference is now the bushing is poking up through the hole on the top.

85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2014 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While making the coil-overs i used longer bolts up top so i could put a bracket there for mounting struts for decklid.

I also started working on the decklid scoop i got from Tha Driver. Very well made part, and it fits the lines of the Fiero perfectly.

Still needs a little finishing but its almost done.
85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2014 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85sliverGT

1525 posts
Member since Sep 2005
My idea of "molding" in a headliner shelf didnt work out very well and i decided to find a shelf that could be bolted on like the factory dome light is. I was searching the junk yard and found one that looks very similar to the stock one and it has a small shelf. I believe it came out of a early 90's buick. I just had to modify the headliner board to better fit the shape of the new dome light/shelf.

I painted the part and decided to go black instead of tan. I also painted the A pillars black as well. Now everything from the top of the dash upward is black.

[This message has been edited by 85sliverGT (edited 01-26-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The black headliner, along with the black A-pillars and the tops of the doors ended up like this

I also wrapped the interior trim pieces with 3M 1080 Black Carbon Fiber vinyl

85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85sliverGT

1525 posts
Member since Sep 2005
In the spring i got back to work on the body work. I needed to finish the hood and decklid scoops so i could get the car one color finally. My dad is the paint and body guy and he was a huge help working on these and showing my the right way to do things.

I also got this 33" wide LED spoiler light to put in the spoiler as my 3rd brake light. I put in a Brake light pulser so it flashes briefly when i hit the brakes.

85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85sliverGT

1525 posts
Member since Sep 2005
Since the body work was almost done i decided to start working on the color change. I install vehicle wraps/graphics for a living so i have been wanting to wrap a Fiero for a long time. My goal was to have the wrap be so clean people would think its paint. The material i used is 3Mâ„¢ Wrap Film 1080-M211 Matte Charcoal Metallic. Trying to type out everything about wrapping a Fiero would be pretty difficult so im just going to let the pictures do the talking. Im happy to answer and questions about what i did or why.

The wrap has no major seams, every body panel is its own piece of material, so it doesn't really matter where you start. I just starting wrapping parts that were ready while the body work was getting finished on the rest.

85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85sliverGT

1525 posts
Member since Sep 2005

85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85sliverGT

1525 posts
Member since Sep 2005

85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

85sliverGT

1525 posts
Member since Sep 2005

[This message has been edited by 85sliverGT (edited 06-08-2014).]

fireboss

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firebossSend a Private Message to firebossEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks great. Nicely done
crt454

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for crt454Send a Private Message to crt454Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your car looks great! I am curious what you did with the interior b pillars. Are they painted black as well? I was thinking of doing the same as you on the a pillars and the top of the door panel, but also wanted the b pillar to match too. Only thing I could think of that would look decent would be to paint the trim that goes around the door sill along with the entire b pillar. Pics would be great!
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2014 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85sliverGT:

Where did you get those turn signals?

Part of me likes how far recessed the factory ones are, but I kinda like those too.
85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2014 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by crt454:

Your car looks great! I am curious what you did with the interior b pillars. Are they painted black as well? I was thinking of doing the same as you on the a pillars and the top of the door panel, but also wanted the b pillar to match too. Only thing I could think of that would look decent would be to paint the trim that goes around the door sill along with the entire b pillar. Pics would be great!

I have been thinking about what to do with the B-pillars a lot. I left them tan for the time being, im not sure if i want to paint them black or not. Im worried i might start getting too much black going on.

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

Where did you get those turn signals?

Part of me likes how far recessed the factory ones are, but I kinda like those too.

Kris Munson made these years ago, and he has since passed away. He did a great job with these, the fit and the finish are great on them. I have seen copies made more recently that weren't near as nice as the originals Kris made.

PFF
System Bot
crt454

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2014 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for crt454Send a Private Message to crt454Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the pics. That interior looks really good! I get what you are saying about it becoming too much black. The b pillar looks a lot better than I thought it would. Looks like I've got some decisions to make. Once again, thanks for sharing.
85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Big thanks to DoubleC4 for his LED GT Tail Light Kit. Great product and support!

davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a beautiful car,great job and thanks for all the pics.Have a good 4th of july!
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2014 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow,....how did i miss this thread !?

Good stuff man, great job !!
85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys! Enjoy the holiday weekend!
Fie Ro

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2014 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice and clean upgrades, well done. Love the wrap results. Do you know by any chance if there are wraps available that resemble factory color codes ? I may have a few items that I want to match the paint scheme of my Fiero (which is Toyota mica gunmetal grey metallic).
85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2014 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fie Ro:

Very nice and clean upgrades, well done. Love the wrap results. Do you know by any chance if there are wraps available that resemble factory color codes ? I may have a few items that I want to match the paint scheme of my Fiero (which is Toyota mica gunmetal grey metallic).

I don't know of any vinyl made to match OEM paint colors, your best bet would be to start collecting samples and find the closest one. Finding a vinyl color that matches paint perfectly is going to be tough, and the finish of gloss vinyl isn't as nice as paint, unfortunately.
Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Impressive work! I love all the mods you've done with this car, especially those extractor vents on the hood. The detail shots on your wrap look amazing.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice job with everything. I think this needs to be put in the construction zone!

Impressive wrap job as well!
zzzhuh

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2014 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zzzhuhSend a Private Message to zzzhuhEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice build! I like the look, you are obligated to put up a video when the 3.8SC is swapped in. Keep up the good work!

------------------
Every fiero has a story, It's our job to keep that story alive.

PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2014 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I missed this thread 1st time around too. You do good work!
85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2014 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you all for the compliments!

Just a small end of the year update. It was another great Fiero season for me, it was nice having the car in one color again!

Since it is Thanksgiving i want to say thanks to all my Fiero friends! I had a great time seeing everyone again in Frazee and the Dells. Thanks to Chris (seajai) for helping me with various little projects (dew wipes, big brake booster, door hinges), Jon (silicoan86) for the great deal on the quarter windows i desperately needed, Rodney for the great deal on wheel bearings and hinge pins, and Rob (MinngreenGT) for taking some great pictures of my car this year!

And of course here's some more pictures!

[This message has been edited by 85sliverGT (edited 11-30-2014).]

tshark

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2014 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tsharkSend a Private Message to tsharkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just saw this thread. Read through. Very nice! Every time I thought of an upgrade, you did it the next post or so.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2014 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is one f the best looking hoods I have ever seen on a Fiero. I also would like to find out the details on what you first did to your headliner board.
85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2014 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys. Johnyrottin what about the headliner are you refering to? On my current headliner board I've only changed the shape of it around the dome light shelf with some foam. On my original headliner I had fiberglassed the whole thing for stability, and I will probably do that again the next time it's out of the car.
Silicoan86

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2014 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Silicoan86Send a Private Message to Silicoan86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the first time I've revisited this thread since the wrap pictures were posted. Awesome picture by picture walk-through of the wrapping process, that was really cool to see, it makes me want to give a try on a spare panel or two.

After seeing all of these pics, I think I need to spend a little more time checking out the details of your car next time I get a chance to drool over it.

Jon
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2014 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have never done anything with fiberglassing. I have searched and searched for a step by step guide including product brands and names as to how to remove the A pillars without breaking the tabs, (lots available of how to remove he headliner material), what you use to fiberglass reinforce the board, do you scuff it up after ward, how to get a smooth surface so there are no bumps, etc.
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2014 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really nice job on this Fiero. Damn I miss my 86 GT. Enjoy it man. Peace

Pete

------------------
"May the grins begin when you turn the key and hear the engine roar over your shoulder" ......Gall57 (slightly modified LOL)

85sliverGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2014 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys! Jon if your interested in playing around with some vinyl I can get you some good sized scraps of material to try out.

Johnyrottin- PM coming your way
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock