Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  New nose Fi512 by Amida's FieroVation...any interest? (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
New nose Fi512 by Amida's FieroVation...any interest? by Amida
Started on: 02-23-2010 01:22 PM
Replies: 749 (64570 views)
Last post by: Amida on 04-01-2024 01:17 PM
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2011 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierov8:

Rob -- quick fabrication question for you --

How do you remove the right amount of foam to account for the fiberglass and still keep the contour of the part? I'm working on something and am using 2 part expanding foam to get things to the shape I want..........now ready to start fiberglassing. I know I need to remove some of the foam and replace it with 'glass........but how do you remove enough foam and make sure all of the contours/shapes are still there?

thx!

-jeff d

It's mostly measured visually but you can use cardboard templates to help show you where the surface should be and then sand off the foam to a slightly lower level to deduct the thickness of the fiberglass laminate.

IP: Logged
fierov8

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierov8Click Here to visit fierov8's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierov8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info Rob...........wondered if there were any tricks/science/tech to get it done, but I guess no.......measure thrice, glass once

Dirty Harry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2011 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dirty HarrySend a Private Message to Dirty HarryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Rob. Just caught back up with your progress. Blown away by how great it looks. I've been leaning toward painting my car silver after installing your bumper. After seeing your photos, it's definitely going to be silver. Any chance anyone has dropped off the list and I've moved up? Really getting anxious!

Harry

------------------
87 GT Maroon 3800SC & White Formula

[This message has been edited by Dirty Harry (edited 03-17-2011).]

RULOOKIN

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2011 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RULOOKINClick Here to visit RULOOKIN's HomePageSend a Private Message to RULOOKINEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Most of my shots were either out of focus or overexposed, but here's a couple more.

Now this i like !!! follows same body lines as a fiero perfectly, I have seen many cars with the 355 front end and i personaly think something is off, but this has a much more square look,modified perfectly fit and finish looks factory ! Are you poping off any moulds or coppies ??

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2011 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RULOOKIN:

Now this i like !!! follows same body lines as a fiero perfectly, Are you poping off any moulds or coppies ??

The upper section was molded directly off of the stock FieroGT nose for the previous nose project, the Fi355: //www.fiero.nl/forum/F...3/HTML/000091-6.html

However, like most GT noses the soft urethane sinks & becomes flat/concave losing it's shape. If I remember correctly I had to add 1/4" of bondo to the plug to get the surface curvature back to where it should be.

Once the plug is painted & polished, I'll be tooling up an epoxy production mold.

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 03-20-2011).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2011 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Dirty Harry:

Any chance anyone has dropped off the list and I've moved up? Really getting anxious!

Harry

I don't know if anyone has, I suppose I'll find out when the parts are made.
ARFiero

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2011 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob. I saw a light the other day that made me think of this bumper and light quandry. Have you looked at the last generation 300ZX side lights? I coppied a picture and the ones I am talking about are in the red square. Just wondering aloud.

Shelby
BobJones97

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2011 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobJones97Send a Private Message to BobJones97Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
DESPERATELY want one when they're available! Shoot me an email when you're ready for down payments. Thanks!

...In unrelated news, it seems fiberglass F355 bumpers don't hold up well upon encountering a ditch. Bah...
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2011 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to say I truelly admire the craftmanship, thats a great piece. Ray
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2011 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Beautiful lines and excellent work!
Christine

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2011 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChristineSend a Private Message to ChristineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As you know I have been a fan of this fascia from the beginning and I see it is coming along nicely, I am still interested in getting one; I have the cash saved for it and am ready to buy as soon as you are ready to sell. I am looking forward to replacing my sagging stock fascia. Just let me know when you are ready for payment and shipping.
PFF
System Bot
Charlie64

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-29-2011 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie64Send a Private Message to Charlie64Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I quoted the initial group of guys US$495 +s&h, but not sure what the quote will be from here on out. The fiberglass distributor has increased their prices and I still have to find a local fiberglass shop to do the work for me since I am literally sick of doing fiberglass. Please stay tuned. No website as of yet.

Still well worth it!!!
Axl_Rose

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Axl_RoseSend a Private Message to Axl_RoseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Holy Crap Amida,

When I saw your first design, I thought that was it. After seeing the progress on this nose...i think i may have to go with this one!!! This thread is givin me the chubbs!!! lol
keep up the amazing work!! Cant wait for this to be ready!

Dan
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2011 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WANTED: Front aero GT style wheelwell tubs needed asap for shaping the recessed lip on the wheel arches. I just remembered that i accidentally tossed mine away at the city dump. If you're local in/around Seattle I could even just borrow them for a week & return them back to you. Send me a PM if you can help. Thanks.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Final adjustments & surface glazing.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A thing of pure beauty.
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I quoted the initial group of guys US$495 +s&h, but not sure what the quote will be from here on out. The fiberglass distributor has increased their prices and I still have to find a local fiberglass shop to do the work for me since I am literally sick of doing fiberglass. Please stay tuned. No website as of yet.

+Shipping

Brad
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob, I sent you a PM.
D.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2011 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I made a few minor adjustments and then one last review with vinyl wrap before painting. The blue is a cool color.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 04-15-2011).]

Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2011 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hinesb1890

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2011 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hinesb1890Click Here to visit hinesb1890's HomePageSend a Private Message to hinesb1890Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you happen to have any pictures of it from farther away? I'm just curious how it looks on the car as a whole... It looks fantastic right now and that blue is a pretty sweet color
PFF
System Bot
Reallybig

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2011 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ReallybigSend a Private Message to ReallybigEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Outstanding work! Do you have a reference for that color? Almost looks like 92 ford mustang ultra metalic blue.
Synthesis; your video makes me wonder what the outcome would be if one were to eat a grape while opening a window at the exact moment their alarm clock went off...hmmmm.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hinesb1890:

Do you happen to have any pictures of it from farther away? I'm just curious how it looks on the car as a whole... It looks fantastic right now and that blue is a pretty sweet color

Not at the moment...not possible in the garage.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Reallybig:

Outstanding work! Do you have a reference for that color? Almost looks like 92 ford mustang ultra metalic blue.
Synthesis; your video makes me wonder what the outcome would be if one were to eat a grape while opening a window at the exact moment their alarm clock went off...hmmmm.

The vinyl is called Medium metallic blue on the color chart at the sign company...that's all it said... it looks like Pepsi can blue.
jwrape

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jwrapeSend a Private Message to jwrapeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
love this front end, very nice lines
BobJones97

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobJones97Send a Private Message to BobJones97Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any news on finding someone to make these for you? AWESOME job by the way!
Axdrenalin

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2011 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AxdrenalinClick Here to visit Axdrenalin's HomePageSend a Private Message to AxdrenalinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love the looks of these, and wouldn't mind having one for a future project car. I know there is a list right now for them, any ideas on how long before they'll become available?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Axdrenalin:

I love the looks of these, and wouldn't mind having one for a future project car. I know there is a list right now for them, any ideas on how long before they'll become available?

Not too long now. Next step will be prime & paint, then on to building the mold.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 01:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by BobJones97:

Any news on finding someone to make these for you? AWESOME job by the way!

Found jobber locally.
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Do you accept souls? >.>
cypres

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-16-2011 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cypresSend a Private Message to cypresEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
or cash?
PFF
System Bot
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What kind of rear fascia are you guys buying the 512 front going to use? is there a 512 rear fascia out or are most going to run the stock rear fascias?

Looks awesome! Do you have a website with your items for sale Amida?
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm buying a 355 style rear fascia from whodeanie. It fits the styling of the 512 the way Amida made it, all except for the GFX lines, and that'll be taken care of.

That blue is only a little darker than what'll be on my car. Looks great!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2011 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

What kind of rear fascia are you guys buying the 512 front going to use? is there a 512 rear fascia out or are most going to run the stock rear fascias?

Looks awesome! Do you have a website with your items for sale Amida?

I do not have a website. Pennocks is the only place. I always liked the look of this one:

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 04-17-2011).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2011 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I applied some leftover vinyl to my fender flare just to see how it'll look...not bad. I posted a few more pics on my concept thread.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 04-17-2011).]

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2011 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks fantastic, Rob... Always fun to watch your creative talents.

Bob
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Looks fantastic, Rob... Always fun to watch your creative talents.

Bob

Ya...I'm getting tired of the old red color. A new coat of Rosso Corsa red would be nice.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Priming & top coating the plug helps to burry sand scratches and puts on a glossy surface. A clean paint booth would be so nice to have for dust control.

Fiero_Adam

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_AdamSend a Private Message to Fiero_AdamEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is beautiful! Not sure if I would put that on my current Fiero, or start a new project.
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock