Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  New nose Fi512 by Amida's FieroVation...any interest? (Page 6)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
New nose Fi512 by Amida's FieroVation...any interest? by Amida
Started on: 02-23-2010 01:22 PM
Replies: 749 (64573 views)
Last post by: Amida on 04-01-2024 01:17 PM
Carcenomy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've lurked enough in this thread...

As per usual Amida, your workmanship is epic. The Fi512 nose is coming along splendidly, I really like it. It's the type of nose that will fit with the relatively stock body style, given the edges and shapes present. Should look stellar once you have them closer to production-ready. Keep up the good work sir

------------------

IP: Logged
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 02:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Urethane foam was applied to the lower edge for shaping into an integrated 1" chin spoiler/splitter, which, on the original 512tr, appears to be a separate piece attached to the chin. Somehow I accidentally whacked a piece of gelcoat off the upper corner...oops!

1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great work sir! I hope you're still making these when I get out of college/debt.
Stubby79

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 11:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Stubby79Send a Private Message to Stubby79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

Great work sir! I hope you're still making these when I get out of college/debt.

Debt only begins at college.

[This message has been edited by Stubby79 (edited 08-08-2010).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jackcastro:

Amida, I am interested in your F355 nose. My email is jackcastro2000@hotmail.com 954-993-4040

Sending PM.

Thanks.

Rob
Fierovation
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Carcenomy:

I've lurked enough in this thread...

As per usual Amida, your workmanship is epic. The Fi512 nose is coming along splendidly, I really like it. It's the type of nose that will fit with the relatively stock body style, given the edges and shapes present. Should look stellar once you have them closer to production-ready. Keep up the good work sir

Indeed, it will be a very nice looking piece when finished. The 512tr styling compliments the Fiero very well. Thanks.

Rob
Fierovation
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

When you get out of college & start making some real money you'll be buying a much nicer car.

Thanks.

Rob
Fierovation
ARFiero

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ARFieroSend a Private Message to ARFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob do I see on your Fiero a drawing and cutting for a more pronounced wheel well fairing? Also wanted to let you know I'll be sending a few more bucks your way in the middle of the month.

Shelby
ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:
When you get out of college & start making some real money you'll be buying a much nicer car.

Thanks.

Rob
Fierovation

Not necessarily. There are some who have nice daily drivers, and the Fiero's are their toys to mod.

Looking good!

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2010 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ARFiero:

Rob do I see on your Fiero a drawing and cutting for a more pronounced wheel well fairing? Also wanted to let you know I'll be sending a few more bucks your way in the middle of the month.

Shelby

My universal fender flares. Look here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/000091-30.html

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 08-07-2010).]

gh0st

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gh0stSend a Private Message to gh0stEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those fender flares and the rocker panel would match this bumper very well, whats the status on those?
PFF
System Bot
CommanderKeen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2010 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CommanderKeenSend a Private Message to CommanderKeenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am so in.
WMac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2010 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WMacSend a Private Message to WMacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok.....Im in

Let me know how I can send you deposit or ?

Also How do you subscribe to this thread.....Sorry it's been a few years

------------------

[This message has been edited by WMac (edited 08-21-2010).]

Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2010 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob...

Just checkin' in.

Don't forget me, okay?? Thanks!
Terry_w

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2010 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Terry_wSend a Private Message to Terry_wEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WMac:

On this forum I think the original poster is the only one that can subscribe to a thread, If there is a way I would like to know also
mcaanda

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 129
Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2010 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mcaandaSend a Private Message to mcaandaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Terry_w:

On this forum I think the original poster is the only one that can subscribe to a thread, If there is a way I would like to know also

The OP is the only one who gets an E-mail when there's a reply, but you can click the star at the right side of the front page in GFC thread list. It will show as having a new reply on your "dash board" which is available on the left side when your logged in. I too wish there was an E-mail that went out to all when there was a reply, rather than having to search to see if there was any new post made.

Click here for the "add to fav's"

Amida - love the look of the new nose. Cant wait to see the final.

--Allen

------------------
Is this where I insert something witty?

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gh0st:

Those fender flares and the rocker panel would match this bumper very well, whats the status on those?

I can't wait to get that finished on my '88 "F6" Formula in 2011.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I don't need to take anymore deposits at this point. I'd like to finish the design work first & take care of the initial group of guys before taking any more orders.

Thanks,
Rob

Originally posted by WMac:

Ok.....Im in

Let me know how I can send you deposit or ?

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

Rob...

Just checkin' in.

Don't forget me, okay?? Thanks!

Okay.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by mcaanda:

Amida - love the look of the new nose. Cant wait to see the final.

--Allen [/COLOR]

It'll look sharp when finished. Thanks, Rob
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Positioning of the raw right front section before setting with fiberglass. Tape, stir sticks & hot glue is all that is holding it together before final bonding. Both left & right side sections were discarded & replaced with completely new sides made from scratch. The donor 512tr nose is requiring a lot of tweeking to make it fit right. Sometimes I think it may have been faster to design the whole thing from scratch.

PFF
System Bot
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2010 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it just horrible that I get excited when I see that Amida has bumped this thread? I doubt I'll be able to afford something this nice for a few years, but I still can't wait to see a finished product on someone's car! Great work sir!
WMac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WMacSend a Private Message to WMacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't need to take anymore deposits at this point. I'd like to finish the design work first & take care of the initial group of guys before taking any more orders.

Thanks,
Rob

......Pouting.....JK

Ok just put me in for one. I'm ready.

------------------

[This message has been edited by WMac (edited 08-24-2010).]

Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2010 05:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amida

That's sure going to be a great front end when you are done! Very nice work. It's also very interesting to see how you go about reconstructing it. Great thread, a + for you.

Nolan
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2010 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Various templates are created from the driver side to correcty position the passenger side & to maintain symmetry.

The use of splints/sutures helps to align edges together.

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2010 02:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Brad
ghost187x

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2010 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

is that part going to be flushed with the front bumper?

are you going to show us what it looks like with the ford suv lights? sorry im a bit tired.
thanks...
CommanderKeen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CommanderKeenSend a Private Message to CommanderKeenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cant wait till your taking orders.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2010 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reshaping the light pocket to improve the fit for the Ford Expedition foglight. Since an exact turn signal doesn't exist the closest match that I've found are the Nissan Maxima lights. They have the correct curve and mounting tab locations. They're larger than the pocket so they will have to be mounted from the rear. The excess portion will be hidden behind the fiberglass.

You can also be creative & use round/oval/projector lights of your choice along with an LED turn signal strip. Many late model cars are using these within a trapezoid pocket.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 07-24-2011).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2010 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by ghost187x:

is that part going to be flushed with the front bumper?

are you going to show us what it looks like with the ford suv lights? sorry im a bit tired.
thanks...

The upper valance panel is set. No other changes will be made other than it'll be cast as one whole bumper. In the photo the upper ledge of the nose section was reworked to fill-in the 1/8" gap that was normally between the two sections of the Fi355 nose. This increased/steepened the surface angle by approx. 2 degrees compared to the Fi355.
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2010 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Found these LED turn signal strips on Ebay. One is straight & comes amber LEDs with either amber/clear lens, the other is a flexible strip that has both white LEDs for driving and amber LEDs for signaling. Not sure if I'll be using these for this project however.

HausFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2010 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HausFieroSend a Private Message to HausFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Fi355 nose is a two piece design, it's a little more at $575 +s&h . Lights/grill/chin spoiler extra.

What kind of hood vent is on that?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Templates are used everywhere to keep everything inline. All sharp edges will be rounded after everything is shaped & lines set.

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2010 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,

Check you PM's

W

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My replacement GT trunk seals are now in production and shipping. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by HausFiero:
What kind of hood vent is on that?

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068901.html
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Rob,

Check you PM's

W

Send me your address.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2010 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Black spray can primer is used as a guide coat to check for high/low spots when sanding. Spray on, sand off, spray on, sand off, over and over again.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This 512tr kitcar donor nose is proving to be more of a problem than a solution. There are symmetry issues all over this donor. I just discovered that the main intake is 3/32" taller on the right side. I had to use the cutting wheel to section off the lip to reposition it correctly. It's as if the original designer of this kitcar nose didn't bother to use any calipers/measuring instruments to double check his work. Oh well...that's how it goes i guess.

aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2010 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know what they say: anything that can go wrong, will.
Progress is progress, though. Keep up the amazing work!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock