Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  New nose Fi512 by Amida's FieroVation...any interest? (Page 14)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
New nose Fi512 by Amida's FieroVation...any interest? by Amida
Started on: 02-23-2010 01:22 PM
Replies: 749 (64570 views)
Last post by: Amida on 04-01-2024 01:17 PM
BobJones97

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2011 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobJones97Send a Private Message to BobJones97Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Brad,

PM sent.

Rob,

VERY excited! :-D
IP: Logged
boysatt

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2011 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for boysattSend a Private Message to boysattEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Picked my bumper up yesterday. Probably one of the best quality fiberglass parts I have ever purchased. Very thick part, but much heavier than most bumpers. Will be months until I get a chance to fit it, but the finish is top notch, and looks like it needs very little work before paint. I'm excited to get it put on. Now just waiting on the rest of my custom body parts.

------------------

Blue 1987 GT, Yellow T-top 1986 GT, 2000 Corvette Coupe Z06 conversion
projects and parts for sale.[/COLOR][/b]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2011 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by boysatt:

Picked my bumper up yesterday. Probably one of the best quality fiberglass parts I have ever purchased. Very thick part, but much heavier than most bumpers. Will be months until I get a chance to fit it, but the finish is top notch, and looks like it needs very little work before paint. I'm excited to get it put on. Now just waiting on the rest of my custom body parts.

What other parts you got cooking ?

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-11-2011).]

CrazyDragn

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2011 09:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CrazyDragnSend a Private Message to CrazyDragnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent Amida
BoxerFanatic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2011 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoxerFanaticSend a Private Message to BoxerFanaticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
What other parts you got cooking ?

After looking at this thread, and the fantastic work...

My vote, for my theoretical future Fiero project... would be a take on the Ferrari 328. Mera has 308. 355 and now 512TR are good to go... Cover one of the brake ducts on the Fi512, and you pretty much have a 348.

I would think that Prelude 5th-generation turn signals and fog lights would work well, but the Nissan/Ford combo that this Fi512 kit uses would work...

Something with a slight bumper edge above the belt-line, and a full-width grille between the fog-light units... but with Fiero curvature to meet the stock hood line, instead of stock-ferrari-flat across the front.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2011 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BoxerFanatic:

Cover one of the brake ducts on the Fi512, and you pretty much have a 348.

Yes, very similar to the 348.

gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2011 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!!!!!

I'll have to wait till I sell my buddy a fiero of mine. but I definetly want one. much more "form fitting" than the F355 nose. and that's saying a lot from me because I'm a HUGE fan of the F355 nose.
but that 512 is poetry in fiberglass!!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2011 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by boysatt:

Very thick part, but much heavier than most bumpers. Will be months until I get a chance to fit it, but the finish is top notch, and looks like it needs very little work before paint.

Someone had a concern that one of the noses was thin, so on subsequent noses I added a final layer of 8oz twill cloth and another 1.5oz mat strip around the edges. Cloth can be added as the final layer without adding more resin, which is a good thing, it just soaks up the existing resin. This makes for a slightly heavier yet stronger part.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2011 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Got the F6 back on the ground for the first time in over a year...how time flies. The 2" drop spindles from Held Motorsports is just about right with a tight 2 finger clearance. The nose is 6.25" off the ground. However, I discovered that the new front rubber brake lines From the Fierostore are too short when used with the 12" Vette brake rotors. Any suggestions on what lines I need to get?

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 11-09-2011).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2011 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fi512 nose in white gelcoat...somewhat more difficult to work with than a darker color due to lower air bubble visibility during lamination.

TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2011 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish someone would get one of these painted and on a car so we could get an overall picture of it.
All that I have seen are close-ups showing just the front-end.
PFF
System Bot
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2011 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:
However, I discovered that the new front rubber brake lines From the Fierostore are too short when used with the 12" Vette brake rotors. Any suggestions on what lines I need to get?

Their Ocelot braided brake lines are longer than the OEM line lengths and are long enough for most all the popular Fiero brake conversions.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 07:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero84Freak:

Their Ocelot braided brake lines are longer than the OEM line lengths and are long enough for most all the popular Fiero brake conversions.

Great...thanks for the info.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 11-15-2011).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2011 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by TXGOOD:

I wish someone would get one of these painted and on a car so we could get an overall picture of it.
All that I have seen are close-ups showing just the front-end.

I'm sure someone will have their nose installed by next show season.
BobJones97

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2011 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BobJones97Send a Private Message to BobJones97Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everything about this is PERFECT!

Plus, major bonus!

These lights were MADE for this bumper:

It'll be replacing my old (now damaged) 355 bumper on this:

Thanks again Rob! I'll post more as I get it together.

EDIT: Added photo

[This message has been edited by BobJones97 (edited 12-24-2011).]

wftb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2011 01:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2011 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Happy New Year!

Rob
Fierovation

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 01-02-2012).]

FakearriGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2012 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FakearriGTSend a Private Message to FakearriGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
mine showed up today, my brother picked it up and inspected it for me.

he said it was exceptionally well packaged, there is no damage on it, and it's clearly labeled for installation, so I can't wait :-)
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2012 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BobJones97:

Plus, major bonus!

A play house...cute!

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 01-02-2012).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-02-2012 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by FakearriGT:

mine showed up today, my brother picked it up and inspected it for me.

he said it was exceptionally well packaged, there is no damage on it, and it's clearly labeled for installation, so I can't wait :-)

That was a fast delivery.
Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2012 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How do i get one of those w/ the grills ?

Rick

------------------
http://i252.photobucket.com...ec/2007_12240001.jpg

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2012 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fi355 sibling hatching from the mold.

rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2012 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fiberfiller is used to fill in the alignment pins, and to also fill in & smooth the transition between un-even edges to prevent air pockets. Be easy on the MEKP catalyst, you want a slow mixture to give you plenty of time to lay on the glass before the filler solidifies. Fiberglass has a tendency to bridge over inside corners & uneven edges which will create air gaps/pockets under the gelcoat. Eventually the gelcoat will crack & chip away in these un-supported areas. The filler helps to eliminate air gaps in corners.

For the first layer of fiberglass the goal is to have an air bubble free zone next to the gelcoat. Any air bubbles left next to the gelcoat will eventually become blisters in the mould surface and chip away. A thin 3/4 oz mat is applied which is ideal to allow all air bubbles to easily pass through. It will also lock the gelcoat in place without creating too much heat. Too much heat buildup in the first layers can cause rapid shrinkage/warping and premature mould separation. The mould will end up with distortions & waves.

First, butt edges of 3/4oz. mat together in the corners, this will prevent air gaps. Apply a liberal amount of resin with a brush, let soak, then use a ribbled roller & brush to consolidate the mat while pushing all the air bubbles out to the edges. Push the mat around with the brush to adust positioning if needed. Using plenty of resin will help displace the air bubbles. Once all the bubbles are gone, apply another strip of 3/4 oz mat overlapping the butt joint. Let the excess resin already applied soak into the overlapping strip. Roll out any remaining bubbles and soak up any excess puddles of resin with the brush. Let this first layer set overnight.

I was wondering if you use this product in the same manner when creating your part?? Also could this be used even if I don't use gel coat?
I have a bit of difficulty with bridging (I'm sure it's my inexperience) and was hoping this was my answer to that. Thank you Ray
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2012 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rcp builders:

I was wondering if you use this product in the same manner when creating your part?? Also could this be used even if I don't use gel coat?
I have a bit of difficulty with bridging (I'm sure it's my inexperience) and was hoping this was my answer to that. Thank you Ray

It's used behind the gelcoat on most of my parts that have sharp corners & edges to prevent bridging of the laminate creating air pockets. Can also be use on non-gelcoated parts. For repairs after part is removed from the mold, probably better to use bondo which is faster curing and easier to shape/sand.

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 01-15-2012).]

finnyfinn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2012 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for finnyfinnSend a Private Message to finnyfinnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP

any updates??
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2012 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by finnyfinn:

BUMP

any updates??

Hm, what would there be to update? The product is perfect, completed and shipping j/k

Dr. W.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2012 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by finnyfinn:

BUMP

any updates??

I think that I'm out of things to update in this thread. Maybe someone could post some pics of their installation.

A finished part in a 24 hour cure cycle at 85 deg. F. before shipping.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2012 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003
An Fi355 nose with chin before shipping.

Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think that I'm out of things to update in this thread. Maybe someone could post some pics of their installation.

That's what I'm holding out for, some nice full shots of the bumper installed on someone's car. The wait is agonizing
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 09:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When i get mine i'll post it asap !.......any chance of a splitter with that 512 nose ??

Rick

------------------

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bozzie:

When i get mine i'll post it asap !.......any chance of a splitter with that 512 nose ??

Rick

Sure, if you don't mind scooping gravel constantly and you've got some spare change.
PFF
System Bot
Bozzie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 01:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
love to scoup !! How much ??

------------------

FieroUte

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroUteSend a Private Message to FieroUteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much would one of these bumpers cost shipped to 80924
FieroUte

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2012 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroUteSend a Private Message to FieroUteEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FieroUte

172 posts
Member since Aug 2011
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2012 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroUte:

PM sent.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2012 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Help !

Can anyone give me the length of the fog lights and turn signals (side to side) ??

Thanks.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Help !

Can anyone give me the length of the fog lights and turn signals (side to side) ??

Thanks.

The fog lights are 8.75" x 3" , Maxima turn maybe 2" longer x 2 5/16" tall.

wftb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2012 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wftbSend a Private Message to wftbEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

An Fi355 nose with chin before shipping.

how much for one as pictured ?
gtxbullet

Feedback score:    (88)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2012 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gtxbulletSend a Private Message to gtxbulletEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had forgotten about the 512 bumper...DARNIT ALL!!!!
I just bought a Trueleo Intake....ghhrrrrrrr.

wanna trade? haha

guess I need to save up every penny this spring.

Amida - please shoot me a PM with price and details about the lights. also, shipping to Pewaukee, WI, 53072 for the 512 bumper, and the cost for a grill as well
too bad you don't make the 355 bumpers anymore. they were much better than the other versions froma couple companies.

glad to see you're still at it though

[This message has been edited by gtxbullet (edited 02-14-2012).]

finnyfinn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2012 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for finnyfinnSend a Private Message to finnyfinnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i wasn't clear on what i meant by saying any updates. I just wanna see the finished nose on peoples cars
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 19 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock