notchie/fastback hybrid chop by av8fiero
Started on: 04-29-2009 11:47 PM
Replies: 122 (6673 views)
Last post by: solotwo on 09-18-2016 10:54 AM
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for a club member.

Steve

I win!!! Page 2.

[This message has been edited by 86soon3.4 (edited 05-09-2011).]

IP: Logged
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am still gona beat ya to the finish lol!!!!
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

No big spoilers for me, I MAY glass in a small lip spoiler but that is low on my priorty list right now. I just got back from a long weekend traveling to a U.S.G.A. gymastics meet with my daughter. Her meets and training schedules have been taking up alot of my freetime and I've had zero time to play with the car thus the long delay for progress on it. I will be working on it this Friday if all goes as planned. I hope to make some progress on the doors and rear quarters. I'll post up my progress if I get to it

I agree with the other dude but I also agree with you - no big spoilers, but it needs something. The way your clip is shaped, it's very reminiscent of the PPG cars - so possibly just a wee deck extension like the PPGs have would do the trick. Look forward to more progress
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Carcenomy:

I agree with the other dude but I also agree with you - no big spoilers, but it needs something. The way your clip is shaped, it's very reminiscent of the PPG cars - so possibly just a wee deck extension like the PPGs have would do the trick. Look forward to more progress

Something similar to the PPG cars rear deck was what I was thinking as well. I like smooth, and that's how my car will be.

I've been working on the raised beltline reverse chop https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/077410.html getting the quarter panels glassed to match the doors. I can't believe what a difference the reverse chop has on the looks of the car. It makes the 3 inch chop look even more radical without making it look like a clown car. To me it just makes everything flow nicer together.

Also on another note I changed my headlight arrangement again. They're still in the signal area, but are completely different. I found some flushmount composite lights to fit in that area. I just finished mounting them. I still have a bit of work to do to the cover but so far they look great. I'll get some pics up soon
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll get some pics up soon[/QUOTE]

You better!! LOL

Steve
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll have some up by monday the latest Steve. I'm technologically challenged uploading pics to the web from the camera. once the wifey gets back from out of town she'll help me out
DANGERUS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DANGERUSSend a Private Message to DANGERUSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry if I missed it, but what kind of car did the headlight setup come from? Keep up the good work- looks awesome. It's easy to dream up ideas like this and to tear a car apart starting a project, but it is another thing to actually follow through with it when you hit those more challenging points. Hats off to ya!!!
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The headlights in the previous pics are from an early 90's grand prix, but I have something completely different mounted up now. When I post up some pics of the new ones I'll let you know what they're from

edited to add-- I glassed in the roof seam to make it a single piece [yes I know I can't take off the rear clip without cutting it. I have a saw--how often do you have to take off a rear clip anyways?]. Also I glassed in the quarters to match the new height of the reverse chop doors today. I have a little work to do smoothing them out but it looks great. Pics are comming

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 05-10-2011).]

Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THAT IS SICK! I love how the fastback looks with notchy tail lights.
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok here are some progress pics.

How do you like it? LOL! here are some pics with the cover off.....

and now for the headlights, the front bumper is just a mockup piece as it's all cut up

That's it for now. What do you think? Do you know what the headlights are from? Thanks!

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 05-18-2011).]

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oldsmobile intrigue?
PFF
System Bot
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joshua riedl:

oldsmobile intrigue?

I think they are Saturn lights.
wolf63

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wolf63Send a Private Message to wolf63Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll tell you what they are , FREAKIN AMAZING! dont think I've got the nerve to tempt fate with them here in Denver, but they look great!
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

I think they are Saturn lights.

Bingo! Saturn they are
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2011 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey goofball ya forgot your 40 bucks!! guess your gona have to come get it saturday lol!! the headlights look good when did ya switch them?
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I switched over the headlights last week. Their install was actually much simpler than the other setup i had on there. I was able to use the factory Saturn bracket. It has onlt 2 mount points but is very solid. If it's good enough to avoid headlight shake on a factory Saturn it should be good enough for a custom Fiero install
AWDimpreza-L

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AWDimpreza-LSend a Private Message to AWDimpreza-LEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I switched over the headlights last week. Their install was actually much simpler than the other setup i had on there. I was able to use the factory Saturn bracket. It has onlt 2 mount points but is very solid. If it's good enough to avoid headlight shake on a factory Saturn it should be good enough for a custom Fiero install

Plus its got turn signals!

------------------
84 2m4 72 whp 108 wtq, stock.

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any newer pics?

------------------
aka. SmoothGT
NotAFieroAnyLonger
CURRENT BUILD:
" SmoothGT-'w8nc' "

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SMTHGT

1075 posts
Member since Mar 2010
Any newer pics?

------------------
aka. SmoothGT
NotAFieroAnyLonger
CURRENT BUILD:
" SmoothGT-'w8nc' "

F355spider

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great job on the headlights. The look like they were made for it.
skuzzbomer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2011 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Needs a hood vent... too much uninterrupted visual space. Otherwise, I like it
PFF
System Bot
ghost187x

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ghost187xSend a Private Message to ghost187xEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so are you doing something related to this? this is my poor render of a gt/fx kit from Pisa mixed on jscott1's choptop.

I love what you are doing with this fiero btw. Very stealthy! i love it! keep up the great work

[This message has been edited by ghost187x (edited 09-02-2011).]

Boogaloo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the minimum headlight height in your state? by the look of it these are rather low and will not be legal if the law exists.
GBglide

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2011 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GBglideClick Here to visit GBglide's HomePageSend a Private Message to GBglideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I didn't think you could make your car look any better, but you've succeeded!
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2011 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boogaloo:

What is the minimum headlight height in your state? by the look of it these are rather low and will not be legal if the law exists.

I was wondering this to? Other than the height of the lights I think they look great!
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2011 02:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GBglide:

I didn't think you could make your car look any better, but you've succeeded!

Si, any updates

av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2011 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

Si, any updates

Thanks, I wish I had the time to work on it more. I'll be working on the nose/headlights all next week. They're just about how I want them. The nose on the car in the pics was just a cut up practice piece, I have a much nicer cleaner cut compete nose on the car now. I still have some finish work to do to it but it's getting there. I also have the plastic honeycomb clearanced to fit around the lights now. The headlights are probably not at a legal height but I have MANY cop friends up here. I even asked one of them what the legal height was and he said he didn't know they're was a minimum height so I think I can get away with it up here. It's my toy car and not someting I'll use as a daily driver so I'll risk it.

Right now my dilema is the reverse chop door panels, I have to figure those out. My buddy Rob [jetsnvettes2000] up here is getting me motivated so hopefully I'll have some good progress this year. I have done a bit but haven't posted any pics of late. I'll have to get off my butt[and off this forum a bit, I've been wasting too much time here], and post some new pics

I am looking into using that sebring windshield on my chop. Does that glass need to be cut down to fit the fiero frame, or do I only need a new lower tray at the windshield base[along with the cowl/wiper mods]?

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 08-20-2011).]

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2011 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks, I wish I had the time to work on it more. I'll be working on the nose/headlights all next week. They're just about how I want them. The nose on the car in the pics was just a cut up practice piece, I have a much nicer cleaner cut compete nose on the car now. I still have some finish work to do to it but it's getting there. I also have the plastic honeycomb clearanced to fit around the lights now. The headlights are probably not at a legal height but I have MANY cop friends up here. I even asked one of them what the legal height was and he said he didn't know they're was a minimum height so I think I can get away with it up here. It's my toy car and not someting I'll use as a daily driver so I'll risk it.

Right now my dilema is the reverse chop door panels, I have to figure those out. My buddy Rob [jetsnvettes2000] up here is getting me motivated so hopefully I'll have some good progress this year. I have done a bit but haven't posted any pics of late. I'll have to get off my butt[and off this forum a bit, I've been wasting too much time here], and post some new pics

I am looking into using that sebring windshield on my chop. Does that glass need to be cut down to fit the fiero frame, or do I only need a new lower tray at the windshield base[along with the cowl/wiper mods]?

You do not have to cut the windshield. The top corners fit the Fiero but the top middle will need filler and the bottom sides will need to be filled. It is a lot of work but it makes a difference. Do you have pictures of the doors would like to see.
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2011 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

F355spider

1870 posts
Member since Jul 2004
oopps double posted

[This message has been edited by F355spider (edited 08-20-2011).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2011 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates on the secret???? we are a go for the purchase!! so get it!! anywho as soon as that one is done yours is next on my list I think so get it mobile so we can pound it out before snow flys !

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 08-20-2011).]

av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2011 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are some new pics. I have the headlights where I want them. I still have to play around with the cover, but they're all mounted up solid and straight.

Here are the pics of my cable actuated rear decklid release. I used the handle and cable assy for the front Fiero decklid on the rear latch. It bolts up to the latch like it's factory. I ran the cable through the drivers side support rib. I drilled a hole near the hinge for the cable to enter the rib, and another hole inside the sealed area of the trunk for the cable to exit the rib so the trunk is weather tight. I may change the position of the release handle. Right now the handle is on the rear bulkhead behind the drivers seat.

Mike here are the pictures of the reverse chop doors you asked for. The extended top half of the door panels are my point of consternation right now as making large smooth fiberglass panels is not my strong suit.

Here are the pictures of the structure. I only raised the outer dew wipe, the inner wipe is in it's original position. The windows go up and down perfectly fine in this arrangement. I will modify the inner door panels to cover the area exposed by the raised dew wipes/door panels

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

That's it for now. LOT'S more to go

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 08-31-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2011 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are some more pics. I losely put the front cover on. I still have a bit finishing to do but it's getting there.

av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2011 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What do you all think of this front spoiler fitted to my car? I will be making a splitter to fit to the bottom. I was thinking I would be modifiying this spoiler but after this mockup I may leave it as it is. Here are some pics. Let me know what you think

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 09-08-2011).]

donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2011 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm liking the spoiler and lights look amazing.
Niterrorz

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2011 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NiterrorzSend a Private Message to NiterrorzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks like it should be the next kitt in knight rider. totally epic man.
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2012 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finally dug this project out from the pile it was buried under in my garage. More to come soon. Rob where's your welder? lol

------------------
1988 CHOPTOP V8

Local club http://www.foxvalleyfieros.webs.com/
Facebook club page http://www.facebook.com/gro...?gid=141412865904993
N.I.F.E. member #461 Chris M http://www.fierofocus.com/

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2012 12:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Love the spoiler, love the lights !
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2012 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I finally dug this project out from the pile it was buried under in my garage. More to come soon. Rob where's your welder? lol

Nice to see it out again.

Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2012 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like the deck lid release cable mod you did! Was that your own idea or did you pick that up from the forum? Can that be done with the electric "popper"? Can you do a separate "how to" thread for it?

Jonathan
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2012 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

Nice to see it out again.

Thanks Mike, now I have to get it done. I've been watching your build progress, it looks great. I'm doing the Sebring windshield mod, I like how it looks on your project, and I think it goes well on my car with mostly stockish Fiero front hood. I'll be gettting some pics up soon.

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

I really like the deck lid release cable mod you did! Was that your own idea or did you pick that up from the forum? Can that be done with the electric "popper"? Can you do a separate "how to" thread for it?

Jonathan

While I won't say for sure I'm the first to do this cable release mod, I did just kind of figure it out by myself. If it was/is up here on the forum I haven't seen it.

The reason I did this mod was because I filled in the key lock on the rear decklid. I had the electric solenoid but knew if my battery went dead I wouldn't be able to get to the engine compartment. I happened to have a spare front deck cable laying around and found out that it bolted right up to and functioned perfectly on the rear latch. After figuring that out it was just a matter of routing the cable and mounting the release handle. The electric solenoid can't be used with the cable attached as they would interfere with each other.

I did create a thread on this using the same pics, here is a link. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/118475.html There isn't much to this, it's a fairly easy mod
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock