Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Rich Warber’s Purple Pavement Eater story (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Rich Warber’s Purple Pavement Eater story by newin55
Started on: 03-15-2009 03:26 PM
Replies: 139 (11684 views)
Last post by: Spadesluck on 04-30-2020 10:41 PM
Jonathan Tate

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2015 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathan TateSend a Private Message to Jonathan TateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newin55:

As much as I would like to pretend this never happened, it is now a part of the Purple Pavement Eater history.

Sacrilege
IP: Logged
Neils88

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2015 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As much as I would like to pretend this never happened, it is now a part of the Purple Pavement Eater history.

Ouch! How did this happen? Hopefully you can get this fixed quickly.
newin55

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2015 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newin55Send a Private Message to newin55Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was ambushed. A pickup pulled out of a private driveway in front of me. Most of the custom work on the car was unaffected but not all. The coil-over suspension is out of whack. The IRM rocker panel is messed up a bit. I am more interested in getting the car fixed right than getting it on the road quickly. It may be hard to find a parts car with less than 30,000 miles on it!
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2015 01:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sad to see....... wellllll it should buff out .... good luck with the repair. Quality parts are readily available in your part of the country ... why a whole parts car ??
regards
Danyel

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014 Tylers Toy
My Low Profile Buckets for sale My LED Sidemarkers for sale

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 11-15-2015).]

newin55

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2015 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newin55Send a Private Message to newin55Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

why a whole parts car ??

Danyel, just joking about the parts car. However, I am a bit concerned about finding a nose piece that hasn't been warped by the sun. I hope I can find a shop that will put up with a nit picky owner.
bjc 350

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2015 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try Lucas Murk for those parts. He is located near Clackamas. He can be contacted at fierolucas@gmail.com .A couple years ago we bought a storage locker full of parts. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/065189.html
I'm not sure what is left, but there were several front bumper covers at the time. Do you need a fender too, or is that a one off fender? He also had hoods, but most had minor damage. Be sure that frame is aligned correctly, Fiero's can get bent when hit in the front corner like that.
Sorry for your loss, we all know you have been an avid keeper of Rich Warber's car. I'm sure it will be looking perfect again soon.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2015 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ouch !! That stinks !! Was he cited ? Good luck in rebuilding. Does archie know ?
newin55

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2015 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newin55Send a Private Message to newin55Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bjc 350:
Thanks for the tip on the replacement parts. Clackamas is not too far away.

exoticse:
The police report stated "failure to yield right of way" in regards to the other driver. And yes, I went blubbering to Archie shortly after the accident. He gave me important information on the rocker panels. Also, I am thinking it may be a good time for a Warber hood. We will see....
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Danyel, just joking about the parts car. However, I am a bit concerned about finding a nose piece that hasn't been warped by the sun. I hope I can find a shop that will put up with a nit picky owner.

Maybe the Fiero Fiberglass fascia would work? 2nd from the bottom: http://fierofiberglass.com/...es/FrontBumpers.html
newin55

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2015 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newin55Send a Private Message to newin55Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

Maybe the Fiero Fiberglass fascia would work? 2nd from the bottom: http://fierofiberglass.com/...es/FrontBumpers.html

I will definitely check that out. Thanks for the suggestion.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2016 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates ??
PFF
System Bot
newin55

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2016 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newin55Send a Private Message to newin55Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the bump.

I am making slow but steady progress towards getting the car repaired. I am more concerned with getting the best repairs possible than with how long it takes.

I have found mostly NOS parts and the insurance has agreed to pay for them. Currently I am working to make sure the paint matches. I would like a complete paint job but the insurance company has requested we see what kind of match they can come up with. Personally I don't think anyone can match an 18 year old (but well maintained) paint job of a custom color of which the formula has been lost, to show quality. There is more than just color involved. Surface texture, the way it reflects light and the way the pearl lays all comes into play. I currently have the hood in the shop so they can color match and blend to an edge on the undamaged side. I will put it back on the car and take a look once they are done. I want the car to be repaired to the point that it can continue to win $20 trophies! That's what it is all about.

I do miss driving it.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2016 08:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I must have missed something here. The topic of this post is Rich Warbers Purple Pavement Eater that was a chopped top V8 GT. The pictures above are of a damaged coupe. What's the connection?

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Spintech/Hedman Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

newin55

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2016 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for newin55Send a Private Message to newin55Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car pictured above is the Purple Pavement Eater. Paparazzi pictures of the car's darkest moment.

Short story: Rich Warber created V8 notchie chop top from a fastback. Alan wrecked it.

------------------
Purple Pavement Eater
V8, Chop top, coil-overs, 12" brakes, notchback GT
Imagined by Rich Warber

Woodys842M4SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2020 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Woodys842M4SESend a Private Message to Woodys842M4SEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey, Alan! I'm sorry for your misfortune after reading this entire thread. Awesome back-story! And, although I no longer own my white '84 Fiero SE, I try to keep up with the hobby as much as possible.

I'm surprised to see that we haven't seen any updates in almost 4 years. Surely, you've been able to repair this damage by now. Please give us an update soon...

William
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2020 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well after a quick search newin55 has not posted to the forum since 2017. Chances are he is no longer active.
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2020 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Missed this thread, had no idea the car had been wrecked like that. Was one of the Fiero's I saw online that got me *into* Fiero's back in the day.

Hope the owner is well and that the car has found the proper repairs!
newin55

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2020 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newin55Send a Private Message to newin55Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steel:

Hope the owner is well and that the car has found the proper repairs!

Yes, all is well. Thank you and also thanks to CoolBlue87GT for sending the PM to inquire. The Purple Pavement Eater has been repaired...and improved. Since the hood needed to be replaced anyway, I added the "Warber Hood" kit from V8 Archie. Seems the car was destined to have this. Thanks Archie. It took me a couple of years to get the car back together since I was very particular. Not every body shop will take on a Fiero. Everyone I talked to pointed me to Northwest Autofab in Tangent Oregon. They agreed to do it if I found and purchased all the parts, which I did. Sorry, no pictures yet. The pictures for this thread are hosted from the car's web page and I have forgotten how to update the website. I can probably figure it out but haven't had time to mess with it. I have been working on other priorities in life. Rest assured, the PPE will be a higher priority some day (maybe when I retire?). I hope it doesn't take that long.

[This message has been edited by newin55 (edited 04-30-2020).]

CoolBlue87GT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2020 01:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good to hear from you. Looking forward to seeing the progress you've made.

Try posting your photos with the Pennocks Image Poster located at the bottom of the page.
Spadesluck

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2020 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpadesluckSend a Private Message to SpadesluckEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to see you proved me wrong, welcome back!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock