Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Making a hood for myself, whatcha think? (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Making a hood for myself, whatcha think? by SOULCRUSHER
Started on: 09-09-2007 10:04 AM
Replies: 148 (13943 views)
Last post by: Australian on 10-24-2013 04:48 AM
SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2008 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates??

------------------
Order your Official Pennock's Forum decals in this thread. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040445.html

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs
'07 3900 V6 Crate Motor Conversion

IP: Logged
SOULCRUSHER

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2008 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Things at work have me so tied up that I have spent little, to no time on the Fiero. I have been able to get my brother to prime it. I will be able to still store the sunroof up front.
pics coming

[This message has been edited by SOULCRUSHER (edited 04-23-2008).]

SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2008 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SOULCRUSHER

1012 posts
Member since May 2004

Some of the photos make it look assymmetrical, but it isn't. I measured and it is only off by less then 2mm here or there. I think its just an illusion.

[This message has been edited by SOULCRUSHER (edited 04-23-2008).]

SAFASTRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-24-2008 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks freakin awesome!!
Great work.....can't wait to see it painted.....

------------------
Order your Official Pennock's Forum decals in this thread. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040445.html

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs

SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2008 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE! Finally got some free time to get things rolling. Fitted the hood and chin spoiler (Fiero Warehouse). Had to redo my front cover and roof panel and got those primed(in purple primer). Now to get it sanded and painted.....

Sorry the poor quality pics, my camera was on the wrong setting and the car is cover in body dust.

[This message has been edited by SOULCRUSHER (edited 05-25-2008).]

Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post05-25-2008 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks really good. I of course want to know what it looks like with paint. I'm curious about the lighting. Keep up the great work!

[This message has been edited by Emc209i (edited 05-25-2008).]

SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2008 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep in mind I still need to clean the edges to the openings and will be adding grill mesh.

[This message has been edited by SOULCRUSHER (edited 05-25-2008).]

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2008 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks very good!
SAFASTRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2008 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is looking really good!!!
Where'd you get the chin spoiler? Sorry if I missed it.

------------------

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs

SAFASTRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2008 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SAFASTRO

604 posts
Member since Nov 2006
I just answered my own question......Fiero Warehouse!!!!

------------------

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs

Saxman

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2008 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah - that chin spoiler and I got to know each other well on the trip back from Carlisle last year!

Looks great! You guys do great work. Now I need to bring my Mach 1 in for so repairs thanks to a bad driver (not me).

I'll come by some time to see the latest on the improvements.
PFF
System Bot
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2008 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The hood vents go perfect with the side scoops. Very nice, looks great!
SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2008 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
can you believe its been a year and I still haven't gotten it painted? The bad thing about is that I can't park my car in my driveway now because the chin is too low! The price we pay to look good?!?LOL

The remarkable thing is that the hood fit perfect, no modifying anything, which makes me happy. NOTHING ever works right the first time on a fiero!

If you bring your car in for an estimate, just call ahead to make sure its ok. The boss doesn't like surprise estimates much?!?! I saw its a minor repair ( for a bodyman) so it shouldn't be a big deal.

hyperv6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2008 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice I really like how it turned out. I see so many hoods that are not original or are just plain weird so it is nice to see one so well turned out.

You ability to keep the front trunk wall withsuch a long sweeping scoop is a job well done.

As for the air dam I feel your pain. I would love to drop my car 1 inch but with my air dam I would never get it into the driveway too. I have to rake the gravel away at the end just so I don't scoop it up now when I pull in.
SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2008 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LILDEVIL will be painting my car this weekend, so i should have a finished product and pics Sunday. Stay tuned!
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2008 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great!
chrishahn87

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2008 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chrishahn87Send a Private Message to chrishahn87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOVE the look of the hood!!!

That chin spoiler is an awesome design too!!! I have had my eye on it, but I need to find someone to do my bodywork
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2008 09:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I think that is probably the best looking Fiero hood I have ever seen. Very Well Done!
SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2008 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PAINTED:

DeLorean00

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2008 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love that hood!! You are amazing!! Great work!! I cant wait to see it installed.
SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2008 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will post pics tomorrow nite of it on the car!
PFF
System Bot
Fiero1Fan

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2008 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero1FanClick Here to visit Fiero1Fan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero1FanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those are the first hood scoops that really look like they belong there. VERY well done!

[This message has been edited by Fiero1Fan (edited 06-08-2008).]

Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2008 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is too much. Great work! I'm selling all my Fiero crap cause it just doesn't get better than the work you guys are doing!
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2008 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would pay you fair money to make one of those for me out of my hood, but I can understand your desire for uniqueness.
After all, Fieros are so extremely common that they aren't unique in the least.

Awesome work.

Would I be able to meet with you three from down there (SOULCRUSHER, lildevil, and Saxman) at the same time to check out all of your amazing Fieros and to maybe carry on good conversations? Waldorf sounds like a nice two-wheel ride from here (since I don't have a running Fiero anymore).
Dementia

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2008 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats a beautiful hood. I bought the same scoops as 3.8sc before I knew he had them. Been busy with my engine project so hood has been waiting. Your about to make me change my mind here. Thanks a lot. Now I've got more searching to do.
SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2008 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If I come across any more hoods I will definitely cut out the scoops for anyone wanting them.
DarkRanger4200

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2008 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DarkRanger4200Click Here to visit DarkRanger4200's HomePageSend a Private Message to DarkRanger4200Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really want one now if I only had the money looks amazing though great work.
Saxman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2008 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SaxmanClick Here to visit Saxman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SaxmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SOULCRUSHER:

If I come across any more hoods I will definitely cut out the scoops for Saxman.

I fixed your post. Just kidding. We can't have two of the same custom hood in the same town - now can we!

Like I said, I'm gonna have to sell all my (stock-bodied) Fieros 'cause they just don't get any better than this. Cheers!

HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2008 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero1Fan:

Those are the first hood scoops that really look like they belong there. VERY well done!

I second that.
SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2008 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

finished!
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2008 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice job. congratulations. I may have missed it, is that a color shifting paint?
PFF
System Bot
iNVisionPROTOTYPES

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2008 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for iNVisionPROTOTYPESClick Here to visit iNVisionPROTOTYPES's HomePageSend a Private Message to iNVisionPROTOTYPESEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SOULCRUSHER:

PAINTED:

That's awsome!. Proportionally it suits the front of the Fiero...looks like a factory option.

------------------

HC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2008 04:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HCClick Here to visit HC's HomePageSend a Private Message to HCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks awesome! Now you have to transform it into a notchback and get low profile headlamps!
RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2008 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just an FYI for those wanting to try something similar. I found an Ebay vendor selling fiberglass vents that look something like the Cobra hood vents. The price is good. Have no idea about quality.
http://stores.ebay.com/Impo...0QQftidZ2QQpZ2QQtZkm

Here's a pic:

Bob
hye_4_life

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2009 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hye_4_lifeSend a Private Message to hye_4_lifeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Didn't this car get published in a magazine recently?
Heretic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2009 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for HereticSend a Private Message to HereticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My favorite Fiero.

Total perfection!
FieroCS

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2009 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCSSend a Private Message to FieroCSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
a little grease, paint and monkey brains goes a long ways
SOULCRUSHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2009 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SOULCRUSHERClick Here to visit SOULCRUSHER's HomePageSend a Private Message to SOULCRUSHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, car can be seen in the current issue of Pontiac Enthusiast magazine, or I believe you can see the article online at www.pontiacenthusiast.com
Actually, you need to go to "Archives" and open the issue with the Red Catalina on the cover. Go to page 63-65 and its there.
------------------

1988 Purple Fiero GTw/SC3800 conversion
Best ET with 3.0 pulley,XPHOT cam, SS I/C and 105lb Valve springs: 12.38@110mph
Best 60 Foot ever: 1.699

[This message has been edited by SOULCRUSHER (edited 03-28-2009).]

hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2009 03:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NICE, thumbs up to all the mentions you have there, and i see u noted bmw's swap too.
HI-TECH

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 123
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2010 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HI-TECHClick Here to visit HI-TECH's HomePageSend a Private Message to HI-TECHEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump from the dead.. hey soul can you please get the demenions of the scoups so some of us can make our own? pleasssseeeeeeeeeeeeee D

[This message has been edited by HI-TECH (edited 01-11-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock