Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Custom Rears ? Let's see what's cooking ! (Page 8)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Custom Rears ? Let's see what's cooking ! by exoticse
Started on: 09-29-2006 08:35 PM
Replies: 282 (29417 views)
Last post by: Raydar on 08-13-2021 05:43 PM
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2021 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not a total custom but modded a little. Uses c-5 style tail and side marker lights.I also Molded in a little fin and filled in some of the lines.

[This message has been edited by ace5514 (edited 08-11-2021).]

IP: Logged
cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2021 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Awalker W02:

Here is the side shot from above with the spoiler I did not photoshopped lol. Very similar to your vision. That spoiler took some work to make it sturdy enough to be constantly abused by opening and closing the decklid. I ended up building it a lot like and aircraft wing. I cut several ribs out and placed the. Across the back of the decklid so I could maintain the natural arc of the decklid. It’s amazing how strong it is.

That looks really good- I actually took a damaged deck lid and wrapped some Mylar film around it, then expanding foam...after it dried, I carved it to get the right shape and then wrapped FG around it...It came out pretty good, but I realized that where the edge of the deck is the FG won't create a square edge, so then I made a pattern and layered some FG to make two end-caps....right at this point I contracted Lupus from a stomach-acid prescription (Don't take any of the (acid-system Modifying) drugs...Only use acid absorbers like tums and Maalox).

Also, I experimented (In paint) with different lengths...I really wanted to add some length to the back-end so it didn't look chopped off.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2021 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 8 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock