Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  FS: EMBRACE RACING: Dual HID Bi-xenon Flushmount Headlight Kit GROUP BUY #2 (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
FS: EMBRACE RACING: Dual HID Bi-xenon Flushmount Headlight Kit GROUP BUY #2 by doublec4
Started on: 07-13-2012 11:09 PM
Replies: 137
Last post by: doublec4 on 11-04-2012 06:16 PM
Shill

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2012 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShillSend a Private Message to ShillDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

^^^ I like this pic, only 2 projectors on low, gf is behind me with her headlights on as you can see my shadow. Gives a good comparison of how bright these are. Though I am having a glare issue.

IP: Logged
OneSlowFiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2012 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneSlowFieroSend a Private Message to OneSlowFieroDirect Link to This Post
Email replied and payment sent!
Sorry for the delay. I've only had 3 days of classes but my brain is already going to mush haha.
-Josh
Fiero42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2012 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero42Send a Private Message to Fiero42Direct Link to This Post
I didn't have the glare issue with mine. Does it only happen while the lens is on? Otherwise I'd say a projector. Maybe cover each bulb to see which is causing it and check it for imperfections.

As far as loosing a lens goes I lost one as well, with all the strips on properly (On the Dan Ryan expressway in Chicago in the express lanes, no way to retrieve it). I ordered some of this 3M dual-lock (The stuff they use for tollway transponders for your windshield, it's crazy strong).
http://www.3m.com/product/i...osable-Fastener.html In the meantime make sure to push down on all the edges firmly before a drive. I was also thinking that the gaps in the buckets could be minimized with some sort of filler so less air can get in to push "up".

These guys have been great and the customer service has been excellent! I call what they've been doing as going "Above and Beyond". I feel as though I'm still a Beta tester with this Kit, but they have been doing everything to make this an excellent solution. So many people talk about creating upgrades, but for them to come together with a plan and work together to create this all in one kit is remarkable.
Fiero42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2012 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero42Send a Private Message to Fiero42Direct Link to This Post

Fiero42

120 posts
Member since Feb 2012
Actually, your glare could also be the silver sheath creating a reflection. Looks like your lenses aren't painted either yet, with the silver projector covers and non painted lens that could be it.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2012 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
There shouldn't be a glare. As Fiero42 said, check the projectors, check to see your bulbs are seated properly, and that the shrouds were fully seated as well. I had a glare one time and it was the shroud that wasn't on properly. It was creating a reflection.

As for the pressure under the lenses, my experience might be slightly skewed as I said. I tested these lenses with a different front end set up than stock. I wasn't aware the pressure difference would be that much greater.

What I'll do this weekend is come up with a solution for this. It will likely have to be hardware but I will do my best to minimize how it can be seen. I will send an email out with a solution for everyone. I apologize for this, and I really wish I could have foreseen the difference in pressures between our front end set ups. Either way it will get fixed and shouldn't be too difficult of a task.

Thank you,

Chris
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2012 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

doublec4

8289 posts
Member since Jun 2003
If anyone is concerned about their lenses in the meantime, my suggestion is to just use some clear packing tape on the two sides of the lens. Cut a clean edge, sitck it on the top of the two sides and feed them down through the gap between the lens and the hood. Just secure the tape to the side of the bucket for now. It will be invisible and provide temporary support until I advise on hardware. It won't damage your lens and the tape won't leave any adhesive when peeled off this plastic.

I will be working to fix this problem right away. Might even have something posted up by tomorrow. Shill, I will send you a lens free of charge I sent you a pm.

Thank you
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2012 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Additional method of securing the lenses has been done. Instructions were sent out to everyone who has purchased a set of lights. Very easy to do using a few pieces of hardware from your local hardware store.

Thank you,

Chris
Shill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2012 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShillSend a Private Message to ShillDirect Link to This Post
So I was considering making a completely sealed unit for these, what are your opinions on black window caulk instead of Velcro. Also an idea was to fiberglass all the holes around the buckets to prevent morning dew and dusty roads from fogging up the internals. Don't really want to fiberglass, anyone know of any tapes that may do the trick?

Possibly to seal around the buckets under the hood to keep moisture out

[This message has been edited by Shill (edited 08-31-2012).]

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2012 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shill:

So I was considering making a completely sealed unit for these, what are your opinions on black window caulk instead of Velcro. Also an idea was to fiberglass all the holes around the buckets to prevent morning dew and dusty roads from fogging up the internals. Don't really want to fiberglass, anyone know of any tapes that may do the trick?

Possibly to seal around the buckets under the hood to keep moisture out

It could definitely work (tapes). There really isn't any negative effect that I can see it having. You can always remove it too. The caulking would be very messy I think.

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 08-31-2012).]

ALL_CAMMED_UP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2012 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALL_CAMMED_UPSend a Private Message to ALL_CAMMED_UPDirect Link to This Post
Feedback and + left. I cant wait to hook them up!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2012 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALL_CAMMED_UP:

Feedback and + left. I cant wait to hook them up!

Thank you!

Just a reminder to others that another group buy is open
PFF
System Bot
nightonfire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2012 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireDirect Link to This Post
Wondering if anyone with the xtra harness to run all four lights would post some pics of where they placed all the wiring and the ballasts.

thanks!
sergioazevedo

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2012 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sergioazevedoSend a Private Message to sergioazevedoDirect Link to This Post
Mine are mounted under the buckets I'm am in process of shorting harness to eliminate like 4 feet of wire
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2012 04:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by nightonfire:

Wondering if anyone with the xtra harness to run all four lights would post some pics of where they placed all the wiring and the ballasts.

thanks!

Replied to your email last night!

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 10-30-2012).]

nightonfire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2012 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireDirect Link to This Post
As in the bottom side of the light bucket its self, or underneath on the fiero chasis? Yes the 4ft of wire willl have to be dealt with for sure.

Any pics???

Originally posted by sergioazevedo:

Mine are mounted under the buckets I'm am in process of shorting harness to eliminate like 4 feet of wire

@ Chris, got them thanks!

[This message has been edited by nightonfire (edited 10-30-2012).]

sergioazevedo

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2012 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sergioazevedoSend a Private Message to sergioazevedoDirect Link to This Post
will have to goto the shop and take pictures but wont be till later this week i they r two sided taped on bottem and control box is located in spare wheel well
Tconz4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-02-2012 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tconz4Send a Private Message to Tconz4Direct Link to This Post
pm sent
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2012 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Thank you for the continued interest everyone!

Over the next week or two I may be a little slower at returning emails and pms as I am away. I still have internet access so I can reply and answer your questions as often as I can.

Thanks!

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors