Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  FS: EMBRACE RACING: Dual HID Bi-xenon Flushmount Headlight Kit GROUP BUY #2 (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
FS: EMBRACE RACING: Dual HID Bi-xenon Flushmount Headlight Kit GROUP BUY #2 by doublec4
Started on: 07-13-2012 11:09 PM
Replies: 137
Last post by: doublec4 on 11-04-2012 06:16 PM
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2012 07:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero42:

Alright, you have a new Customer.

Awesome!
IP: Logged
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2012 01:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Alright, you have a new Customer.

Got your order, it will go out on Monday.

------------------
Top Line Group Automotive
-Aftermarket accessories for the Fiero
www.TLG-Store.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

sergioazevedo

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2012 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sergioazevedoSend a Private Message to sergioazevedoDirect Link to This Post
When are they ready so I can send u funds
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2012 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by sergioazevedo:

When are they ready so I can send u funds

Just waiting on my laser cutting guy... Everything else is done. He told me today or tomorrow the lenses would be cut. Checking back tomorrow because they weren't finished today. I really want to ship these out! Taking up a lot of space in my very small condo lol.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2012 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Good news, lenses are ready and I will start shipping tomorrow for those who have already paid the full balance + shipping.

Everyone else, I will be sending out emails for shipping quotes.

Thank you for your patience!

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

sergioazevedo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2012 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sergioazevedoSend a Private Message to sergioazevedoDirect Link to This Post
Send me what I still owe
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2012 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkDirect Link to This Post
Wow, that is good news. Please send me the bill so I can pay it.

Thank you,

Mark
OneSlowFiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2012 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OneSlowFieroSend a Private Message to OneSlowFieroDirect Link to This Post
Awesome news! I've never been more excited to get a bill
Funds all ready to send. If it's easier/quicker, you can send me the bill in a PM if you'd like.
-Josh
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2012 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Send me what I still owe

pm sent

Everyone else, I will be sending out emails with your balance + shipping quotes.

Thank you!
sergioazevedo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2012 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sergioazevedoSend a Private Message to sergioazevedoDirect Link to This Post
money sent man msg me if any issues cant wait
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2012 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkDirect Link to This Post
Well, I just bought the compnents to control these lights the way I want. The controls will use a single pole/double throw relay and a quad pole/double throw relay on each side along with three single pole toggle switches on each side.

Since I do not know how I really want to run these lights, I am giving myself the option of running with both lights in either high beam or low beam. And then whether the inner beams should be in high mode when the high beams are on. So I can by selecting different switches have:

single low beam (inner) and single high beam (outer)
single low beam (inner) and double high beam (with inner on low)
Single low beam (inner) and double high beam (with inner on high)
Double low beam and double high beam (with inner on low)
Double low beam and double high beam (with inner on high)

The relays and switches will be mounted on a small panel located below the light box attached by standoffs, with the ability to swing down for access.

I can't wait to get these ligths in my hands so I can paint them and put them together. Then I can test them and align them. It will be a fun process.

One thing I don't know for sure yet is whether I can run all four lights in low mode or whether the Law will get upset. If anyone knows what the law is on that in Michigan, I would appreciate knowing.

MadMark
PFF
System Bot
ALL_CAMMED_UP

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2012 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALL_CAMMED_UPSend a Private Message to ALL_CAMMED_UPDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oslo:

http://www.tlg-auto.com/emb..._p/fieroheadl011.htm

Let me know if you have any questions.

Can I purchase this with paypal?
Thanks.

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2012 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

Well, I just bought the compnents to control these lights the way I want. The controls will use a single pole/double throw relay and a quad pole/double throw relay on each side along with three single pole toggle switches on each side.

Since I do not know how I really want to run these lights, I am giving myself the option of running with both lights in either high beam or low beam. And then whether the inner beams should be in high mode when the high beams are on. So I can by selecting different switches have:

single low beam (inner) and single high beam (outer)
single low beam (inner) and double high beam (with inner on low)
Single low beam (inner) and double high beam (with inner on high)
Double low beam and double high beam (with inner on low)
Double low beam and double high beam (with inner on high)

The relays and switches will be mounted on a small panel located below the light box attached by standoffs, with the ability to swing down for access.

I can't wait to get these ligths in my hands so I can paint them and put them together. Then I can test them and align them. It will be a fun process.

One thing I don't know for sure yet is whether I can run all four lights in low mode or whether the Law will get upset. If anyone knows what the law is on that in Michigan, I would appreciate knowing.

MadMark

Sounds like quite the set up. I don't know about your local laws but as long as the lights are aimed properly, I can't see anyone giving you a hard time.

I shipped a bunch more today. You will be getting emails with your instructions.

Thank you,

Chris
sergioazevedo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2012 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sergioazevedoSend a Private Message to sergioazevedoDirect Link to This Post
When u figure delivery time ?
701GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2012 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 701GTSend a Private Message to 701GTDirect Link to This Post
the number of lights isn't as much of a issue as the way they are aimed. low beams are 2 deg down and 2 deg right, while high beams are 2 deg right and straight ahead.(that is why they are called "High" beams and "Low" beams) the 2 deg to the right helps keep from blinding oncoming traffic hope this helps
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2012 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
I'll be in for the next group buy probabley..
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2012 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

When u figure delivery time ?

I believe it is 4 business days.
sergioazevedo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2012 12:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sergioazevedoSend a Private Message to sergioazevedoDirect Link to This Post
Sweet
Fiero42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2012 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero42Send a Private Message to Fiero42Direct Link to This Post
Thinking about angling the lines in front a bit (My bad photoshop below), do you think too much light will escape this way? Also was thinking about using silver or maybe spray on chrome if there is such a thing as the last layer on the inside to provide a bit of bounceback for the light. I would try to match the domes yellow to my car, but I think it'll be hard to match the paint color. What do you think?

Shill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2012 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShillSend a Private Message to ShillDirect Link to This Post

Thinking about angling the lines in front a bit (My bad photoshop below), do you think too much light will escape this way? Also was thinking about using silver or maybe spray on chrome if there is such a thing as the last layer on the inside to provide a bit of bounceback for the light. I would try to match the domes yellow to my car, but I think it'll be hard to match the paint color. What do you think?

If anything, you want the excess light to be eaten by these lights. NOT reflected into random directions.

Many people do not realize this, and all the "ricers" you see driving down the road with the bright blinding HIDs are installing them into reflector housing which is illegal in ALL states. this setup uses projectors which direct the light to the proper areas. HIDS are just too bright to be filling the air with light, you want it on the ground and on the ground only.

This is how an HID projector should look like

This is what happens when you install HID in a reflector housing

Same concept if you want to put a chrome/reflective coating inside your bucket.

[This message has been edited by Shill (edited 08-24-2012).]

Fiero42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2012 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero42Send a Private Message to Fiero42Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shill:

HIDS are just too bright to be filling the air with light, you want it on the ground and on the ground only.

Excellent info and advice, thank you!

PFF
System Bot
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2012 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkDirect Link to This Post
Oh man when I got home tonight from eating out, I found a box had been delivered about the right size for the head lights. I was so excited, but it was not to be. It was another shipment of brake caliper paint. It will be here soon, I just have to wait.

[This message has been edited by MadMark (edited 08-24-2012).]

ALL_CAMMED_UP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2012 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALL_CAMMED_UPSend a Private Message to ALL_CAMMED_UPDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

I believe it is 4 business days.

can you send me what I need to pay?
Thank you.

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2012 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALL_CAMMED_UP:

can you send me what I need to pay?
Thank you.

No problem, I'll pm you now
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2012 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

http://www.tlg-auto.com/emb..._p/fieroheadl011.htm

Let me know if you have any questions.

Can I purchase this with paypal?
Thanks.

If you follow the link posted above you can order it right from the website, and yes you can use PayPal.

------------------
Top Line Group Automotive
-Aftermarket accessories for the Fiero
www.TLG-Store.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

Fiero42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2012 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero42Send a Private Message to Fiero42Direct Link to This Post
They are in, I'll try to put more info on the installation, but I wanted to post some photos. Huge night driving difference. You'll spend the majority of the time playing with the aiming, but like the instructions say, be patient!

The photo above is NOT the brights (taken at dusk). We needed to make many modifications to the aiming to get them good and at least a dozen drive-bys at night and more adjustments with my brother to ensure there wouldn't be blinding of other motorists. Although, if you want to get someones attention, turn on the brights...they may think something divine is about to happen.

Great product guys, I was a little nervous being in on these so early, but the system is great!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2012 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
WOW those look great on a yellow car!

Can't thank you enough for the write up and the pictures, looks like you did an amazing job on the install.

If I may suggest something. Looking at the light pattern on the door, you may need to rotate some of the projectors a little more so that the cut off is horizontal.

Again, great work and thank you so much!

------------------

Embrace Racing

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2012 03:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
Nice work, they look fantastic!
ALL_CAMMED_UP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2012 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALL_CAMMED_UPSend a Private Message to ALL_CAMMED_UPDirect Link to This Post

No problem, I'll pm you now

Pm recieved and money sent,
Thanks!

ALL_CAMMED_UP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2012 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALL_CAMMED_UPSend a Private Message to ALL_CAMMED_UPDirect Link to This Post

ALL_CAMMED_UP

114 posts
Member since Feb 2011

If you follow the link posted above you can order it right from the website, and yes you can use PayPal.

Ok thanks.. order placed .
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2012 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Payment received, thank you!

Will ship out asap!

------------------

Embrace Racing

PFF
System Bot
sergioazevedo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2012 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sergioazevedoSend a Private Message to sergioazevedoDirect Link to This Post
Got mine today already got one set painted and they will hit my new hood on sat can't wait
Dementia

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2012 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
Another problem I would have with them angled is there s a very fine line between seeing to much hardware. Don't want to be able to see all the adjusters n back of projectors. It may ruin the look

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2012 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dementia:

Another problem I would have with them angled is there s a very fine line between seeing to much hardware. Don't want to be able to see all the adjusters n back of projectors. It may ruin the look

I agree,

I pushed the paint line forward quite a bit. Keeps all other light out, and leaves the bracketry + hardware in the dark. Can't see a thing during the day.
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2012 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkDirect Link to This Post
Just got my shipment in tonight. I will be taking it to my shop to clean and then paint the sheet metal. I can't wait to get these on the car and try them out.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2012 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Pm recieved and money sent,
Thanks!

Shipped out today!
Shill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2012 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShillSend a Private Message to ShillDirect Link to This Post
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.Got some good news and some bad news...

Got my lights yesterday, painted buckets and installed everything. Quickly attached the lenses with Velcro with 2" strips at each corner so I could make it to work in the dark and finish them when I got home. Just as I got up to speed, the drivers side lenses flew off and was run over a few times before being thrown over into the median. I pulled over to the side and sprinted to see if it was salvageable. Unsure at the moment. But these lenses sure are strong being able to be run over by some larger trucks and SUVs at 70+ mph.

Let me know when the next group buy is and if I can order just the drivers side lens. Or if you have another lying around I can purchase now.

Shill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2012 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShillSend a Private Message to ShillDirect Link to This Post

Shill

2166 posts
Member since Apr 2009
Sanded down to 1k grit. About to start with the 2k grit, then will try to polish out with heat gun.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2012 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Shill, sending PM, I have one spare driver side lens I believe. I can also send you more velcro.

I would suggest maybe putting on extra velcro that I send. I tested the lenses on my car over 100mph and they were good. What nose do you have? I have the aero nose with a chin spoiler and the front is lowered. Maybe that contributes to lower pressure in the front compartment or something... if this is going to be an issue, some other method of securing the lenses might have to be implemented. Either that or sealing the lower bucket so pressure cannot build under the lens.. Any thoughts?
Shill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2012 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShillSend a Private Message to ShillDirect Link to This Post

Shill, sending PM, I have one spare driver side lens I believe. I can also send you more velcro.

I would suggest maybe putting on extra velcro that I send. I tested the lenses on my car over 100mph and they were good. What nose do you have? I have the aero nose with a chin spoiler and the front is lowered. Maybe that contributes to lower pressure in the front compartment or something... if this is going to be an issue, some other method of securing the lenses might have to be implemented. Either that or sealing the lower bucket so pressure cannot build under the lens.. Any thoughts?

I believe the fault is my own. I did not seal it as you instructed. As I mentioned above, I only put about a 2" strip in each corner.

I do not see the same issue I have with any other members cars. Here is a pic showing the gap that concerns me, I believe the pressure built up from air entering into this gap. Could be that I have not properly mounted the buckets also that is causing this gap.

I also had extreme difficulty aiming the projectors. And as you can see I was creating a lot of unwanted glare. I also believe this to be operator error. If you see my error, please correct me.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock