Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  FS: EMBRACE RACING: Dual HID Bi-xenon Flushmount Headlight Kit GROUP BUY #2 (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
FS: EMBRACE RACING: Dual HID Bi-xenon Flushmount Headlight Kit GROUP BUY #2 by doublec4
Started on: 07-13-2012 11:09 PM
Replies: 137
Last post by: doublec4 on 11-04-2012 06:16 PM
nightonfire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2012 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ALL_CAMMED_UP:

Just noticed this, I Love the look of the side without the molding.
Edit:The lights look bada$$ as expected haha

Thanks
IP: Logged
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2012 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
We got the new headlights in at the shop and quickly developed a plug and play relay harness solution. We also offer HID kits to work with this headlight setup. You can see and read all about it here:

http://www.tlg-auto.com/emb..._p/fieroheadl011.htm

You can either buy just the custom-built relay harness (specific for these headlights) or buy the relay harness PLUS the required HID conversion kits.

Let me know if you have any questions.

------------------
Top Line Group Automotive
-Aftermarket accessories for the Fiero
www.TLG-Store.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

OneSlowFiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2012 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneSlowFieroSend a Private Message to OneSlowFieroDirect Link to This Post
Will the TLG harness allow for all 4 lights to be on low beam and high beam?
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2012 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OneSlowFiero:

Will the TLG harness allow for all 4 lights to be on low beam and high beam?

Yes.

------------------
www.TLG-Store.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2012 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post
@ Oslo,
your Projector insall link has an extra set of // and will not work unless you remove them. Just FYI

Rob
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2012 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaDirect Link to This Post

qwikgta

4659 posts
Member since Jan 2001
I have been following this thread since day one, and I’ve been very close to buying, but I still have a few questions.

If I get it right, I buy your kit for $410 + shipping, and then have to buy the HID kit. I can get what I need from Oslo’s site for an additional $390 + shipping. It looks like after I have all the parts, I still need to make the harness fit my car (or is Oslo’s kit plug n play). (I see he offers a harness only for $40, but don’t fully understand why you would buy a harness only if you still need bulbs, and if the harness will fit all bulbs.)

Grand Total is $800 + shipping for the whole thing. Do I have this right?

I understand I can get the HID parts at various vendors, but I have no idea what to buy. When you tell me to get 35W bulbs, not 55W, or 5000 vs 8000, blue, white, yellow, 60mm/90mm, Zenon, bla, bla.…. I don’t have any idea what that is. I know I like the look, hate the stock setup and want to replace it all with something. As I see it, if Oslo has a “kit” that will finish the package, I’ll get it. I just want to be sure that the $410 + shipping is only half of the “kit”, and you still need to get the bulbs/HID hardware?

Any chance you’re going to offer the “Whole Package” soon. One price, one vendor, one stop shop?

Thanks

Rob
Shill

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2012 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShillSend a Private Message to ShillDirect Link to This Post
35W = standard wattage for HID system
55W = overload wattage for HID system = brighter, also means more heat generated which in our case doesn't work out well and will destroy the projectors.

Also, your yellower lights will travel further, but not be as intense. Bluer lights will be more intense but not travel as far. You want to find the happy medium in between. I personally suggest a 5000k or 6000k, as they will be a bright white and travel far enough for you. My personal opinion is that anything over 8000k is ricer territory, loses it's functionality for the sake of cosmetics. The lower range, below 4000k are more designed for fog lights where it isn't as intense but will project alot further.

Also, there is a color difference between a 6000k 35W and a 6000K 55W as it is a more intense discharge. When you up the wattage you will get a whiter, brighter light. Same goes for those cheap ebay HID kits, they are not as bright and their 35W 6000k is very blue, where as Oslos or Retrofit is a nice diamond white.

Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2012 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

@ Oslo,
your Projector insall link has an extra set of // and will not work unless you remove them. Just FYI

Rob

Thanks for the heads up, but I don't see the problem. I just tested the link to the install on the website and it works OK. Can you double check the error for me please?
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2012 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Oslo

5423 posts
Member since Sep 2002

I have been following this thread since day one, and I’ve been very close to buying, but I still have a few questions.

If I get it right, I buy your kit for $410 + shipping, and then have to buy the HID kit. I can get what I need from Oslo’s site for an additional $390 + shipping. It looks like after I have all the parts, I still need to make the harness fit my car (or is Oslo’s kit plug n play). (I see he offers a harness only for $40, but don’t fully understand why you would buy a harness only if you still need bulbs, and if the harness will fit all bulbs.)

I understand I can get the HID parts at various vendors, but I have no idea what to buy. When you tell me to get 35W bulbs, not 55W, or 5000 vs 8000, blue, white, yellow, 60mm/90mm, Zenon, bla, bla.…. I don’t have any idea what that is. I know I like the look, hate the stock setup and want to replace it all with something. As I see it, if Oslo has a “kit” that will finish the package, I’ll get it. I just want to be sure that the $410 + shipping is only half of the “kit”, and you still need to get the bulbs/HID hardware?

Any chance you’re going to offer the “Whole Package” soon. One price, one vendor, one stop shop?

Thanks

Rob

Rob, perhaps I can help you make it even easier. I posted the link to the spare parts page because some people already have their own HID kits and I want to give them the option to buy just the relay harness if that's all they need.

Shill is pretty much spot on with his analysis. 6,000K is going to give you a really nice white color and anything above it will be more blue and anything below it will be more yellow.

If you go to this page you can see the entire system sold as a kit: http://www.tlg-auto.com/emb..._p/fieroheadl010.htm
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2012 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Thanks

Rob

Pm sent

Also, just wanted to let everyone know I'm hard at work making the lights. I haven't been very active on the forum in the past week but I'm working away, don't worry

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2012 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkDirect Link to This Post
doubleC4, what kind of a time frame is there on this order? I want to be ready to send the rest of the money when you want it.
PFF
System Bot
Fiero42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2012 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero42Send a Private Message to Fiero42Direct Link to This Post
Very nice to see it all together as one kit to purchase, nice work guys (I'm a few clicks away from ordering, however...

Couple of questions. With the Low Beam HID Color: and High Beam HID Color Is this for the four bulbs? Are the two outer are low beam and the inner are high beam? I wanted to mix 6000k for low and throw in yellow for high (since my car is yellow) and then just drive with all 4 on. Do the lows shut off when you go high beam? I'm not sure how this works.

For the velcro part attaching to the dome is there much play there? There is nothing worse to me than headlights that look like they are joggling around as you drive down the road.

Otherwise it looks great and excellent instructions as well! I'm looking forward to NEVER having to deal with headlight motors again!

[This message has been edited by Fiero42 (edited 08-08-2012).]

MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2012 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkDirect Link to This Post
Fiero42, how the lights actually work depends on how you are planning on wiring them up. With the HID lights you usually run new power leads and grounds to the ballasts and use the original light wiring to trigger the lights on, and for high beams. I am planning on wiring mine up so that I can choose between using either all four lights for low and high and whether one set is always on low beam. I will be making up a relay panel that mounts under the light buckets with relays and terminals to accomplish this. To start out with I will install 2 toggle switches on this relay plate to change modes. This will allow me to experiment with how the lights work. Then if I find I want to be able to change this from the inside of the car I can run control wiring to toggle switches on the dash. I am thinking that I will find a mode of operation that I like and won't need to run the control wiring to the dashboard though.

The relay panels will be mounted to the underside of the light buckets so they will go up and down with the hood just like the lights and the light buckets do.

When I get done I can post pictures of what the relay panels look like, how the lights work in each mode and an electrical drawing for anyone who might want to wire their lights like mine.
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2012 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero42:

Very nice to see it all together as one kit to purchase, nice work guys (I'm a few clicks away from ordering, however...

Couple of questions. With the Low Beam HID Color: and High Beam HID Color Is this for the four bulbs? Are the two outer are low beam and the inner are high beam? I wanted to mix 6000k for low and throw in yellow for high (since my car is yellow) and then just drive with all 4 on. Do the lows shut off when you go high beam? I'm not sure how this works.

For the velcro part attaching to the dome is there much play there? There is nothing worse to me than headlights that look like they are joggling around as you drive down the road.

Otherwise it looks great and excellent instructions as well! I'm looking forward to NEVER having to deal with headlight motors again!

Fiero42: The way our wiring kit is designed ( http://www.tlg-auto.com/emb..._p/fieroheadl010.htm ) all 4 projectors are on for low beam, then for high beam all 4 projectors "open up" and produce more light.

We can build the wiring to suit your tastes though, we can make it so only the two outside are on for low beam and all 4 are on for high beam - if you place the order through TLG you will have a chance to discuss exactly how you want it to operate. Since we are building the relay harnesses for this setup in house it's easy to custom-make it for you.

------------------
www.TLG-Store.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2012 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

doubleC4, what kind of a time frame is there on this order? I want to be ready to send the rest of the money when you want it.

Shooting to have this batch done by next week.

Thanks goes to Oslo and MadMark for answering Fiero42's questions!
OneSlowFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2012 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneSlowFieroSend a Private Message to OneSlowFieroDirect Link to This Post
Are the projectors provided in this kit safe for 55w HIDs? And will Oslo's harness handle 55w HIDs? I'd like to go with two 55w sets for maximum lighting as long as this setup can handle it. Also, will Oslo's harness work universally with other HID setups should someone source their HIDs from another location?

Thanks in advance!
-Josh
Shill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2012 08:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShillSend a Private Message to ShillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OneSlowFiero:

Are the projectors provided in this kit safe for 55w HIDs? And will Oslo's harness handle 55w HIDs? I'd like to go with two 55w sets for maximum lighting as long as this setup can handle it. Also, will Oslo's harness work universally with other HID setups should someone source their HIDs from another location?

Thanks in advance!
-Josh

I would strongly recommend against 50/55w

http://www.hidplanet.com/fo...ini-H1-amp-D2S-users

Also for the fact that people are actually saying with these projectors it decreases your distance vision due to the intensity if them causing too much foreground light and the contrast difference makes the distant area appear darker to the driver.

Edit: to answer your question, it will probably work, but for the reasons above I would recommend sticking with the 35w

[This message has been edited by Shill (edited 08-09-2012).]

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2012 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I would also recommend 35W vs the 55W. I think the 55W is overkill and might create problems with the amount of heat expelled.

Oslo's harness should also work with all of the "universal" HID kits. They typically all use standard connectors for the bulbs/ballasts.

Thanks!
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2012 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
My harnesses will work fine with a 55w HID kit, and will work with 90% of all HID kits out there. However, the manufacturers of these projectors advises against using 55w HID lights in them.

------------------
www.TLG-Store.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

ALL_CAMMED_UP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2012 06:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALL_CAMMED_UPSend a Private Message to ALL_CAMMED_UPDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Oslo:

My harnesses will work fine with a 55w HID kit, and will work with 90% of all HID kits out there. However, the manufacturers of these projectors advises against using 55w HID lights in them.

I have a couple questions as the time to buy bulbs and ballasts approaches...
First, do I need to buy only one of your harnesses or two for the four lights?
And secondly, once I get the bulbs and ballasts I don't need any thing else do I?

Thanks
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2012 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

I have a couple questions as the time to buy bulbs and ballasts approaches...
First, do I need to buy only one of your harnesses or two for the four lights?
And secondly, once I get the bulbs and ballasts I don't need any thing else do I?

Thanks

To use the products from TLG-Auto.com you need 1 of our harnesses and 2 HID kits. Everything else that is required comes in the original flush mount headlight kit.

The TLG harness controls 4 HID ballast/Bulbs and 4 projectors.

------------------
www.TLG-Store.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2012 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Another customer install:

Looks great!
MadMark

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2012 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkDirect Link to This Post
I am having trouble waiting until I can start to put mine together. I really like the look of this set of headlights.
OneSlowFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2012 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneSlowFieroSend a Private Message to OneSlowFieroDirect Link to This Post
Thanks all for the responses. If the manufacturer doesn't recommend the 55w setup then I will most likely go with the 35w kits. I have 55w in my other car and haven't had any issues but it only has 2 projectors instead of 4. Now I just have to decide on color....hmm decisions decisions.
sergioazevedo

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2012 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sergioazevedoSend a Private Message to sergioazevedoDirect Link to This Post
Wondering when second buy is ready? As I won't have much Internet in iqaluit this week
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2012 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
I was hoping to have them ready by the end of this week. Turns out my laser cutting guy is off until Friday so the lenses won't be cut by the end of the week. (Unless I can talk him into trying to fit them in on Friday when he gets back). Otherwise I'm 90% finished this batch. I wish I knew he took the week off. He'll likely have the lenses ready for me on Monday/Tuesday and then I can start shipping them out. I apologize, I know I get anxious waiting for parts to arrive too!

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2012 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

doublec4

8289 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Just a few more install pictures:

Thanks!
ALL_CAMMED_UP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2012 04:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALL_CAMMED_UPSend a Private Message to ALL_CAMMED_UPDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Just a few more install pictures:

Thanks!

I remember seeing that car on here, what motor does it have?
Not related but how do you put late model corvette wheels on a fiero when the pattern is different, Just spacers?
ty
Fiero42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2012 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero42Send a Private Message to Fiero42Direct Link to This Post
As an $800 upgrade it would be nice if the domes and buckets were already painted so it would truly be a bolt-on out of the box install. I know the designer had in mind that people might want to customize their domes, but really what kind of customization can be done? I'd get a friend to help me, but it seems most of the day would be spent letting paint dry.
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2012 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
How is he supposed to match your paint color?

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 08-15-2012).]

Fiero42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2012 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero42Send a Private Message to Fiero42Direct Link to This Post
Oh, I've only seen them in black. I guess I'll see what others do first.
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2012 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero42:

As an $800 upgrade it would be nice if the domes and buckets were already painted so it would truly be a bolt-on out of the box install. I know the designer had in mind that people might want to customize their domes, but really what kind of customization can be done? I'd get a friend to help me, but it seems most of the day would be spent letting paint dry.

There are a few reasons why I don't paint them.

1. It would be very time consuming for me to paint 10+ sets and the price would go up significantly because of that. Leaving them unpainted saves you money and you only have to paint your own set, which isn't too bad when its only one set that you're completing.
2. Everyone has different tastes. Some would like to paint them body color, others are happy with black, etc. The additional time/effort trying to customize each set would again drive prices and time up.
3. The pattern you paint is up to you as well. There is more than one design possible. Some guys like straight edges, others want curves. Also, depending on how far forward/back you set your lights, you can customize your paint line to follow suit.

I can assure you that its really not that bad and as more people buy kits/install them, we'll likely see some creative new ideas
Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2012 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Direct Link to This Post

I remember seeing that car on here, what motor does it have?
Not related but how do you put late model corvette wheels on a fiero when the pattern is different, Just spacers?
ty

Northstar V8
Click on the link in sig to go to table of contents page.
No spacers on my setup.
Now back to the thread topic...

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch

Dementia

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2012 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
I know it's not good to not post pics but I was at the car show this afternoon/evening and the headlights were a big attraction. People looked at the headlights as much as the 3800 swap. definitely a good upgrade.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2012 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dementia:

I know it's not good to not post pics but I was at the car show this afternoon/evening and the headlights were a big attraction. People looked at the headlights as much as the 3800 swap. definitely a good upgrade.

Awesome! Did you take any pictures at all?

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 08-15-2012).]

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2012 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Here are Dementia's pics

Shill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShillSend a Private Message to ShillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

I was hoping to have them ready by the end of this week. Turns out my laser cutting guy is off until Friday so the lenses won't be cut by the end of the week. (Unless I can talk him into trying to fit them in on Friday when he gets back). Otherwise I'm 90% finished this batch. I wish I knew he took the week off. He'll likely have the lenses ready for me on Monday/Tuesday and then I can start shipping them out. I apologize, I know I get anxious waiting for parts to arrive too!

So, these will be shipping Mon/Tues? or later in the week? Any idea on the shipping times on these also? Will we have to pay any customs fees or anythign of that sort since you are in Canada?

Mornings are only getting darker here. Really should be using my headlights at 5:30 in the morning, but with defective motors it is a bit hard. Extremely anxious to get these installed! I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas.
Fiero42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero42Send a Private Message to Fiero42Direct Link to This Post
If I order through the website today will I receive the kit in this group or the next?

Thanks,

Ben
Oslo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
If you order it on the website it will ship out tomorrow. We have one in stock, ready to go.

------------------
www.TLG-Store.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

Fiero42

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2012 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero42Send a Private Message to Fiero42Direct Link to This Post
Alright, you have a new Customer.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock