Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  FS: EMBRACE RACING: Dual HID Bi-xenon Flushmount Headlight Kit GROUP BUY (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
FS: EMBRACE RACING: Dual HID Bi-xenon Flushmount Headlight Kit GROUP BUY by doublec4
Started on: 06-10-2012 10:10 PM
Replies: 91
Last post by: Oslo on 08-02-2012 02:21 AM
nightonfire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireDirect Link to This Post
edit

[This message has been edited by nightonfire (edited 07-13-2012).]

IP: Logged
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

I am interested in these lights, but I have one question. From some of your comments it seems that you can use a Bi-Xenon bulb, but from a little bit of research I have not been able to find H1 bulbs that are Bi-Xenon. I can find Bi-Xenon H4 bulbs though, so would they fit into the projectors?

A true bi-xenon headlight actually works differently than what you are describing. A bi-xenon projector has a little shutter inside that moves up and down to create the high and low beam function, all while the bulb is stationary. So in these headlights there is a single beam, stationary, H1 xenon light bulb, and the projectors do all of the high/low beam switching.

An H4 bulb of any kind will not fit into these projectors, ONLY an aftermarket H1 HID bulb will fit.

------------------
Top Line Group Automotive
-Aftermarket accessories for the Fiero
www.TLG-Store.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Oslo, that makes it clear to me. I already have a set of your Bi-Xenon replacement lights and love them, but I do like the look of these. So I will need to think about it for a while.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MadMark:

Thanks Oslo, that makes it clear to me. I already have a set of your Bi-Xenon replacement lights and love them, but I do like the look of these. So I will need to think about it for a while.

Hi MadMark,

Oslo nailed it. The projectors have a little shield inside that manipulate the light output for high/low.

I will be starting the next group buy in a week after I get these first ones shipped out. So you have some time to think!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

doublec4

8289 posts
Member since Jun 2003
By the way,

the laser cutting is great:

Precision fitment + a nice edge. Just excuse the dust and the rough shape of the hood cut out I use.

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

flimbob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2012 08:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for flimbobSend a Private Message to flimbobDirect Link to This Post
Balance sent!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2012 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Thank you!

PM sent
sergioazevedo

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2012 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sergioazevedoSend a Private Message to sergioazevedoDirect Link to This Post
Status on first and second orders plz
Shill

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2012 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShillSend a Private Message to ShillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sergioazevedo:

I believe you are on the second buy. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/062663.html
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2012 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by sergioazevedo:

First orders are being shipped out, second group buy was opened this past weekend and I'll leave it open probably until the end of the week (Sunday)

Then I can get started on them Monday.
nightonfire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2012 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireDirect Link to This Post
Hey Everyone

I have a few pics that were posted by another member, click on the thread link, and towards the bottom you will see a list of phot files. click on the files and you will be able to them installed
link: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/081183-7.html

enjoy!
PFF
System Bot
Oslo

Feedback score:    (53)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 126
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2012 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OsloClick Here to visit Oslo's HomePageSend a Private Message to OsloDirect Link to This Post
We got the new headlights in at the shop and quickly developed a plug and play relay harness solution. We also offer HID kits to work with this headlight setup. You can see and read all about it here:

http://www.tlg-auto.com/emb..._p/fieroheadl011.htm

You can either buy just the custom-built relay harness (specific for these headlights) or buy the relay harness PLUS the required HID conversion kits.

Let me know if you have any questions.

------------------
Top Line Group Automotive
-Aftermarket accessories for the Fiero
www.TLG-Store.com
Find TLG on Facebook!

[This message has been edited by Oslo (edited 08-02-2012).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C