Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  FS: EMBRACE RACING: Dual HID Bi-xenon Flushmount Headlight Kit GROUP BUY (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
FS: EMBRACE RACING: Dual HID Bi-xenon Flushmount Headlight Kit GROUP BUY by doublec4
Started on: 06-10-2012 10:10 PM
Replies: 91
Last post by: Oslo on 08-02-2012 02:21 AM
Dementia

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
Sent you a pm with phone number a while ago to see if I could squeeze in. If not no biggie. Chris
IP: Logged
pegasus1848

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2012 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pegasus1848Send a Private Message to pegasus1848Direct Link to This Post
That was only 2 lamps ... OMG. I am going to love driving at night again.
Thank you, thank you.
OneSlowFiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2012 02:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneSlowFieroSend a Private Message to OneSlowFieroDirect Link to This Post
Crap I forgot about this! I have been away from my computer all week. I hope the next group buy isn't too far in the future as my car still has a black eye lol.
-Josh
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2012 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by OneSlowFiero:

Crap I forgot about this! I have been away from my computer all week. I hope the next group buy isn't too far in the future as my car still has a black eye lol.
-Josh

It won't be too far.

I'd like to get these kits out to everyone who ordered and see some install pictures. Hopefully seeing them on a variety of Fieros will encourage others to get in on the next group buy.

Thank you!
masospaghetti

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2012 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for masospaghettiSend a Private Message to masospaghettiDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately I already bought Hella H4 housings for mine but for others' reference...could a H1 halogen be used instead of HIDs as a low-cost option? BTW they look great, I followed your build thread, keep up the good work!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2012 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by masospaghetti:

Unfortunately I already bought Hella H4 housings for mine but for others' reference...could a H1 halogen be used instead of HIDs as a low-cost option? BTW they look great, I followed your build thread, keep up the good work!

As long as they are the same size, they should fit. Not sure what the light output would be like though.

Dementia

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2012 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
I've been looking at HID kits on eBay, I must be missing something with not seeing where it says what cars they work on. If possible D can u pm a link for a set up? PM me before you send it if you could cuz I use a different plug then a Fiero. Carter
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2012 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dementia:

I've been looking at HID kits on eBay, I must be missing something with not seeing where it says what cars they work on. If possible D can u pm a link for a set up? PM me before you send it if you could cuz I use a different plug then a Fiero. Carter

I'll see what I can find for you this afternoon. I'll send you a pm tonight!
nightonfire

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2012 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireDirect Link to This Post
***EDIT*** Just wanted to say thanks to Joe 86 for allowing me to trade places with him : )

Hey Guys,

With Chris's permission he is allowing me to see if anyone would be willing to work a deal. I am coordinating the Fieros of San Diego BBQ and am hoping to help promote the lights at the event, but missed the order date, and the second group buy is not gonna make it in time. With that said, I was looking to see if someone was buying in to get the discount, but is not planning on installing immediately . If someone is willing to swap a spot for the second group buy, I will be paying the difference (no extra cost to you, you still get the discount) and I would be willing to throw in a NEW in BOX 10" Tang-Band low profile sub-woofer. As well if someone happens to be unable to have a change of plans on their by please let me know.

Thank you, and Thanks again for the offer Chris !

[This message has been edited by nightonfire (edited 06-30-2012).]

sergioazevedo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2012 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sergioazevedoSend a Private Message to sergioazevedoDirect Link to This Post
When is Next buy I really want set
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2012 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by sergioazevedo:

When is Next buy I really want set

Next group buy will probably start 1 week after I deliver these. Thanks for your interest!
PFF
System Bot
miho1982

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2012 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for miho1982Send a Private Message to miho1982Direct Link to This Post
Please PM me once next group buy is set. Nice job!!
nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2012 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireDirect Link to This Post
Second Group Buy list

1 nightonifre- deposit made
?
?
?
?
sergioazevedo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2012 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sergioazevedoSend a Private Message to sergioazevedoDirect Link to This Post
Chris you have been pm I want 2sets
Swampthing

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2012 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SwampthingSend a Private Message to SwampthingDirect Link to This Post
Will there be an option for just housings/lenses? I already have four projectors
sergioazevedo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2012 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sergioazevedoSend a Private Message to sergioazevedoDirect Link to This Post
Chris you have been pm I want 2sets
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2012 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Swampthing:

Will there be an option for just housings/lenses? I already have four projectors

I can sell you just housings and lenses but I cannot guarentee that your projectors will fit. Theres also no point in me sending you the aiming brackets because they won't line up with your different projectors.

If you're okay with that, pm me and we'll figure out a price on the housing/lenses.

Thank you,

Chris
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-25-2012 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

doublec4

8289 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Lots of lenses are getting done! More buckets on the way + projectors should be here soon!
sergioazevedo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2012 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sergioazevedoSend a Private Message to sergioazevedoDirect Link to This Post
Lookin good man keep us posted
sergioazevedo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2012 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sergioazevedoSend a Private Message to sergioazevedoDirect Link to This Post

sergioazevedo

201 posts
Member since Jun 2004
Lookin good man keep us posted
nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2012 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireDirect Link to This Post
Thumbs Up!
PFF
System Bot
Shill

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2012 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShillSend a Private Message to ShillDirect Link to This Post
Ah crap, have been too busy and missed this. would like wind when the next sale rolls around.
sergioazevedo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2012 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for sergioazevedoSend a Private Message to sergioazevedoDirect Link to This Post
Come on people msg Chris if interested so we can get second order I can't wait to get rid of flips
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2012 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Thanks guys

Getting lots done this weekend. Got an update from my laser cutting guy and he said that the practice lenses I gave him turned out well. So it looks like I'll be having all of the good ones cut this way!

Also, the projector lights came in too. Things are shaping up, I hope to have everyone's orders for the first group buy filled in a weeks time.

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2012 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Got my harnesses in from ebay. Hooked them up and its really easy to get all 4 headlights on at the same time:

Its hard to see the separate lights in the pictures, but in person you can easily identify that 4 lights are on. You can also see that the cut off is sharp against the wall.

Tonight I'll see if I can snap more pictures while driving. I can't wait to see how 4 lights function! Should be super bright!

I don't think they'll ever be a need for high beams with this set up, but the lights do have the high beam function for those who want to go from BRIGHT to the power of a thousand suns, lol...

Still working away on everyone's lights at the moment. Things are coming along
OneSlowFiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2012 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OneSlowFieroSend a Private Message to OneSlowFieroDirect Link to This Post
Seeing all 4 lit up is making me that much more anxious! Could you link the ebay harness to this thread? Also, were you able to activate the high beam with the ebay harness or does it only allow all 4 to be lit up? I'm curious as I would love to melt deer before they jump in front of my car
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2012 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by OneSlowFiero:

Seeing all 4 lit up is making me that much more anxious! Could you link the ebay harness to this thread? Also, were you able to activate the high beam with the ebay harness or does it only allow all 4 to be lit up? I'm curious as I would love to melt deer before they jump in front of my car

Thanks

Here's a link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HID...Wiring-/110676785342

That one is 12 dollars but they can be had for around $10. You'll need two.

They should make your high beams work, mine aren't working at the moment. I have to troubleshoot and see if its the harness or the wiring in the fiero that's causing the problem. My high beam indicator is stuck on, so it might be part of the problem.
turboguy327

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 174
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2012 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for turboguy327Send a Private Message to turboguy327Direct Link to This Post
How much for the kit minus projectors?? I have 4 of these projectors left over from various projects. So Id need everything but projectors.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2012 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by turboguy327:

How much for the kit minus projectors?? I have 4 of these projectors left over from various projects. So Id need everything but projectors.

Sending pm
pegasus1848

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-04-2012 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pegasus1848Send a Private Message to pegasus1848Direct Link to This Post
Bulbs & ballists ordered. control harness ordered.
This is going to be like Xmas in July. WAHOO
Thanks
Phirewire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 05:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhirewireSend a Private Message to PhirewireDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Got my harnesses in from ebay. Hooked them up and its really easy to get all 4 headlights on at the same time:

Its hard to see the separate lights in the pictures, but in person you can easily identify that 4 lights are on. You can also see that the cut off is sharp against the wall.

Tonight I'll see if I can snap more pictures while driving. I can't wait to see how 4 lights function! Should be super bright!

I don't think they'll ever be a need for high beams with this set up, but the lights do have the high beam function for those who want to go from BRIGHT to the power of a thousand suns, lol...

Still working away on everyone's lights at the moment. Things are coming along

I'm not sold yet, can you get more with lights off, just some glamour shots on an off, i wanna see if it still looks good.
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2012 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Phirewire:

I'm not sold yet, can you get more with lights off, just some glamour shots on an off, i wanna see if it still looks good.

I'll see what I can do. I've been having a ton of mechanical problems with my car lately. I'm thinking of just parking it for the rest of the summer and I can focus on making these lights for other people etc. Hopefully when I send the first batch out, some people can post pictures too and you can see them on a variety of cars + the personal touches people add when painting them differently etc.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2012 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
For those of you who have placed your orders for the first group buy, good news, almost ready to ship out. Should have all the lenses cut by Monday.

Thank you!
pegasus1848

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2012 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pegasus1848Send a Private Message to pegasus1848Direct Link to This Post
Can't wait.
Dementia

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2012 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DementiaSend a Private Message to DementiaDirect Link to This Post
Looking forward to it. Hopefully soon! Think I'm goin to paint my car right after they're installed. And just lucked on some mr mikes seats to for a great price.
nightonfire

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2012 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nightonfireSend a Private Message to nightonfireDirect Link to This Post
Anticipation is unbearable, lol
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2012 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Hey guys, the only thing I'm waiting on is the laser cutting of the lenses. It was supposed to be done yesterday... but apparently he couldn't get them done. Had to take care of his kid. They have to be done after his regular business hours because the plastic really smells when being cut. He normally deals with metal.

Thanks for the patience, I really want to start shipping them out!
------------------

Check out my build and my website!
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

[This message has been edited by doublec4 (edited 07-10-2012).]

Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2012 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
That's the best setup I've seen since the passing of our friend Kris Munson. It offers improvements on his design to the bargain. Way to go!

Arn
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2012 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
Thank you!

Got the cut lenses back today! Wooo, ready to start shipping!
MadMark

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2012 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadMarkSend a Private Message to MadMarkDirect Link to This Post
I am interested in these lights, but I have one question. From some of your comments it seems that you can use a Bi-Xenon bulb, but from a little bit of research I have not been able to find H1 bulbs that are Bi-Xenon. I can find Bi-Xenon H4 bulbs though, so would they fit into the projectors?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock