Stainless Door Sill Plates by Snapperhead
Started on: 07-10-2010 03:06 PM
Replies: 106
Last post by: Snapperhead on 09-27-2013 06:33 PM
Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2010 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cleppsfierogts:

pm sent

Returned
IP: Logged
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2010 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Got the sills today and they look great! Excellent product.

Will you consider making deck lid mirrors

Nolan

PS: I left you positive feedback and a positive rating.

[This message has been edited by Sourmug (edited 08-03-2010).]

Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2010 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sourmug:

Got the sills today and they look great! Excellent product.

Will you consider making deck lid mirrors

Nolan

PS: I left you positive feedback and a positive rating.

I'd be interested in a set of decklid mirrors for a notchie too
OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2010 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dave E Bouy:

I'd be interested in a set of decklid mirrors for a notchie too

ditto, 4 me too.
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2010 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Do you have a pic of the sillplates with the powder coating lettering?

Dave
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daredevil05:

Do you have a pic of the sillplates with the powder coating lettering?

Dave

Not right now but I will shortly, I'm working on a set for fiero49 and will post the pic.

Thanks,

Vince
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Thanks Vince. Please post close up shots of the powder coating.

Dave
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post
I have done the deck lid mirrors in stainless and acrylic mirror... I recommend acrylic mirror unless your going to mount it permanently.

The acrylic mirror is: lighter, cheaper, you can't bend it permanently, won't kill the car paint if you drop it on car.

I can do both stainless or acrylic and would be willing to produce sets for notchback and fastback.

Pm me if your interested. let me know the following:

1. notchback or fastback
2. stainless or acrylic
3. 2pc or 5pc ( 2 pc is engine, 5pc is engine and rear trunk)
4. Front trunk lid mirrors

I will get an idea and work up a cost and move it to a new thread.

Thanks,

Vince

[This message has been edited by Snapperhead (edited 08-04-2010).]

topsportsmanta1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for topsportsmanta1Click Here to visit topsportsmanta1's HomePageSend a Private Message to topsportsmanta1Direct Link to This Post
here in metro detroit i have a 88 gt i am intrested also in a set of deck lid mirrors
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Vince:

You may want to start a separate thread to deal with the deck lid mirrors as people may not look at this thread as it is for sills.

Just a thought.
Nolan
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sourmug:

Vince:

You may want to start a separate thread to deal with the deck lid mirrors as people may not look at this thread as it is for sills.

Just a thought.
Nolan

Thanks I plan to if I move forward...

What's the deal with Gwain, did he back out of the mirrors, I see no posts after 5/5/10. I don't want to step on his deal if it's a go. I did him PM him today.

Vince

PFF
System Bot
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post

Snapperhead

1982 posts
Member since Jul 2006
Ok, non aero rocker sill plates are ready. They look just as beautiful as the aero style, I may even like them more. I will post pics soon.

Thanks,

Vince

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Hi Vince:

There's been no indication that anyone who has talked about making the mirrors is actually going to do so. That's why I though that I would ask if you would.

How durable is the acrylic material especially to heat?

Thanks
Nolan
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
I will purchase anset of decklid mirrors for a fastback. I've been waiting to purhase a set for a long time now.

Dave

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
Vince,
First, VERY NICE DOOR SILLS !! !!! So shiney I can brush my teeth in them! lol

and on the acrylic material, The engine heat WILL warp/melt them if left on the car . I had to find out the hard way. Also they scratch pretty easily I used velcro to attach them to the deck lid. The front compartment...they are fine with the acrylic, even left on the car!
I would like a metal mirror to leave in the rear deck lid permently. the scoop is in the way for the center mirror though

[This message has been edited by revin (edited 08-04-2010).]

Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

Vince,
First, VERY NICE DOOR SILLS !! !!! So shiney I can brush my teeth in them! lol

and on the acrylic material, The engine heat WILL warp/melt them if left on the car . I had to find out the hard way. Also they scratch pretty easily I used velcro to attach them to the deck lid. The front compartment...they are fine with the acrylic, even left on the car!
I would like a metal mirror to leave in the rear deck lid permently. the scoop is in the way for the center mirror though

Thanks for the thumbs up on the door sill plates. The acrylic as you said are only for show not for go... Both the stainless and acrylic can scratch easy but you can buff out the stainless , on the other hand the acrylic are about a third the cost. I will get some prices together for both stainless and acrylic front and back and post on a new thread. I also have a PM into Gwain as he stated he was making them as of 5/5/10 but I don't see an update. If I don't get a reply by the weekend I will list prices, post pics and start taking orders..

Here is the link for the deck lid mirrors https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/051751.html

I would love to make them for all , I just want to make sure I'm not stepping on some else.

Thanks,

Vince

Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2010 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post
OHNIKO,

Yours is in the mail.

Thanks,
Vince
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2010 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post

Snapperhead

1982 posts
Member since Jul 2006
cleppsfierogts

Yours is in the mail.

Thanks,

Vince
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2010 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Snapperhead:

Thanks for the thumbs up on the door sill plates. The acrylic as you said are only for show not for go... Both the stainless and acrylic can scratch easy but you can buff out the stainless , on the other hand the acrylic are about a third the cost. I will get some prices together for both stainless and acrylic front and back and post on a new thread. I also have a PM into Gwain as he stated he was making them as of 5/5/10 but I don't see an update. If I don't get a reply by the weekend I will list prices, post pics and start taking orders..

Here is the link for the deck lid mirrors https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/051751.html

I would love to make them for all , I just want to make sure I'm not stepping on some else.

Thanks,

Vince

Ok, Gwain a I have PM'd and I have the go ahead to produce the mirrors for hood and deck lid. I will start a new thread and edit this post with the link and start taking orders soon. Thanks Gwain for responding quickly.

Vince
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2010 12:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post

OHNIKO,

Yours is in the mail.

Thanks,
Vince

THANKS! will drop a note once they arrive a-ok.
cheers!
Nick

Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2010 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post
Ok here is the new thread for the hood and deck lid mirrors.. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/053137.html

Vince
PFF
System Bot
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post
After a test run of lettering I have not been able to produce a consistent quality that I demand for my customers. I would never sell anything I would not be proud of, so I'm sorry but I will not be producing lettered sill plates. You can still get the plain aero and non-aero sill plates.

Thanks,

Vince
fiero49

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2010 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero49Send a Private Message to fiero49Direct Link to This Post
I just want to give an A++++++ to Vince, A very good person and trustworthy member. I feel he is one of the best that I have had the pleasure of doing business with....... Thanks Vince
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero49:

I just want to give an A++++++ to Vince, A very good person and trustworthy member. I feel he is one of the best that I have had the pleasure of doing business with....... Thanks Vince

Thanks for the nice words..

Vince
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post

After a test run of lettering I have not been able to produce a consistent quality that I demand for my customers. I would never sell anything I would not be proud of, so I'm sorry but I will not be producing lettered sill plates. You can still get the plain aero and non-aero sill plates.

Thanks,

Vince

I didn't read your whole thread but is it the powder coating you won't be doing?

Dave :-(

Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2010 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daredevil05:

I didn't read your whole thread but is it the powder coating you won't be doing?

Dave :-(

I thought some confusion might come of this so here is a summary:

I will still be doing the powdercoating found on the thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/052938.html

I will still make the Stainless Steel Mirror Finish Sill Plates found on this thread for aero and non-aero rockers. I just won't be offering powder coated letters on the sill plates.

I will also be producing the Stainless Steel Mirror Finish Engine Deck Lid Panels and Acrylic Mirror panels for hood and deck lid found on this thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/053137.html

I hope this helps any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks to all,

Vince
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2010 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post
Fiero49,

Yours are shipped.

Thank You for everything

Vince
fiero49

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2010 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero49Send a Private Message to fiero49Direct Link to This Post
Just got my door sills today amd they look great !!!!! Thanks Vince ........ Two thumps up ..... Excellent work !!!!!!
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2010 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fiero49:

Just got my door sills today amd they look great !!!!! Thanks Vince ........ Two thumps up ..... Excellent work !!!!!!

I'm glad you like them hope you enjoy them, I'm very proud of them.

I have more in stock to all for the aero and non-aero styles...

Thanks,

Vince
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2010 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post
Just a bump...

Both styles aero and non-aero ready for shipping.

If prepaid and you want, I will bring them to Fierorama and knock off $15.00 for the shipping savings.

That get's the price down to $85.00

Vince

[This message has been edited by Snapperhead (edited 08-30-2010).]

Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2010 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post
Last bump before Fierorama to get in on the $15.00 off for the shipping savings. Must be prepaid and pick them up at Fierorama 2010 show.

Only $85.00

Vince
PFF
System Bot
CDS

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2010 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CDSSend a Private Message to CDSDirect Link to This Post
Is there anyone from the Toronto, Ontario area going to the show that can bring a set or 2 back for me?

Thanks,
Camille
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2010 04:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post
1 more bump for Fierorama, boxing all up tonight..

Vince

Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post
Who ended up with the 2 sets I donated to Fierorama for door prizes. Just keeping track of who has my sets.

Thanks,

Vince
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2010 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
PM sent!
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2010 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OHNIKO:

PM sent!

Back at ya
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2010 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post
Still have both style in stock
OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2010 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKODirect Link to This Post
could i get this all together with the mirror order please, when ready?

"sure...of course! " he says
Snapperhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2010 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Thomas, Your aero sill plates are in the mail along with some visors in another box.

Thanks,

Vince

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2010 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post

Fiero Thomas, Your aero sill plates are in the mail along with some visors in another box.

Thanks,

Vince

Awesome. cant wait to get them.

------------------
1985 Fiero GT 4speed 1986 Fiero GT
1994 BMW 530 V8 1997 BMW 328

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)