Started on: 04-28-2009 03:54 PM
Replies: 131
Last post by: nitroheadz28 on 10-30-2012 10:09 PM
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post05-27-2011 05:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post
I now have the "Angel Louver" Notchie decklid ready for final sanding & laying up the mold. Photos on the website.
Who wants one?
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
IP: Logged
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2011 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post
No one is interested in the louver for EITHER the Fastback or Notchie? Seriously? After about 60 hours of R&D and about $500 of materials I sell only ONE part, to the person who initiated this thread?
Sigh...
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2011 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post
Bump. I'd like to recoup SOME of my money I invested in this thing if anyone wants to buy one. I know I'll never recoup my time. I could have had my pickup put back together or maybe had the VW running if I had not done this...
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2011 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
I haven't forgotten about you Paul , I like this vent so much that I'll definitely buy it at some point rather than make my own hehe. I'm hoping that before the summer ends I can do a road trip down to you with my spare cut up hood/ decklid pieces and we can trade
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 05:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

I haven't forgotten about you Paul , I like this vent so much that I'll definitely buy it at some point rather than make my own hehe. I'm hoping that before the summer ends I can do a road trip down to you with my spare cut up hood/ decklid pieces and we can trade

Summer is almost over... (although it doesn't feel like it...)
Did you want a bolt-on hood? If so I need plenty of advance notice. I have the mold for the full skin, but I have not made the mold for the inner structure (for the fastback - which if I remember correctly is what you want). I quit making some molds 'cause I don't have the money to buy materials for things that aren't selling & I'm not using myself. Also, I'll need the metal pieces in order to install them in the inner structure before I can bond it to the skin...
If you want a notchie decklid with the louvers I haven't made the mold for the skin yet, since there is zero interest in it. I do have the mold for the inner structure for the notchie as it will work with both the scooped decklid as well as the louver.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2011 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post
SO: that's two sold. I only need to sell about 8 more to break even on my investment of time & $$$....
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

[This message has been edited by Tha Driver (edited 10-29-2011).]

nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2011 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
I'm really surprised you aren't getting more of em out . Even though I won't be able to install it for almost a year, I can't wait
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2012 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post
Sold a third. These things are a pain to both layup, & to make a box for to ship. Just did the math: at best need to sell at least 7 more at this price to break even. Expect a price increase soon.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

[This message has been edited by Tha Driver (edited 04-11-2012).]

TheRealShadowX

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2012 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXDirect Link to This Post
Thread resurrection!

Sold any of these lately?

I sooo want one eventually, would hate to see these disappear due to lack of interest.

Any word on the bolt on decklid mentioned on your site?

------------------

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2012 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheRealShadowX:

Thread resurrection!

Sold any of these lately?

I sooo want one eventually, would hate to see these disappear due to lack of interest.

Any word on the bolt on decklid mentioned on your site?

Haven't sold any more. I could do a bolt-on if someone wants it. I'd have to make the mold for the inner piece for the fastback if that's what you want.
I have the *plug* made to make the louvered skin mold for the notchie, but don't plan to go any further with it due to lack of interest - not a SINGLE person wants one after allllll those that SAID they'd buy one (& allllll the time & money I spent working on one!). I do have the mold made for the inner piece for the notchie, that would work with the louvered skin should things ever change (the inner mold was made to use with the scooped decklid skin).
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

TheRealShadowX

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2012 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXDirect Link to This Post
If things go to plan, the car in my sig will be a fastback by then anyway, so thankfully that won't be an issue.

Sorry for the frustration Paul. Please keep up the kickass work you do! It might not be glorious, but thank you!!!

------------------

PFF
System Bot
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2012 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Even though my '87 GT is long gone after being t-boned and slamming into a parked car as a result- AND selling off 95% of my remaining Fiero parts, this vent is something I'm keeping for my next Fiero. I don't care if I have to hold on to it for 5 years before I get another Fiero, but I can't wait to install it. Its beautiful and I still can't wrap my head around why these aren't selling..

Take care Paul.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock