Started on: 04-28-2009 03:54 PM
Replies: 131
Last post by: nitroheadz28 on 10-30-2012 10:09 PM
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Daredevil05:

Thank you too Quad GT. Without your vent this wouldn't be possible. Thanks again for trusting Paul with your vent. Trust me it 's in good hands of a fiberglass surgeon. You guys should be pride for helping out the Fiero community.

The Riv

Well to be totally honest I'm doing it to help pay bills (I hope). I'm thinking if I can build up a collection of molds for various parts, I'll sell more than one part a year (which is about the average for the hood vent now). But to tell you the truth I'll need to sell a LOT of these louvers to pay for all the time I've spent re-working this thing...
I just updated the page with a LOT of new photos, as well as added more to the fiberglass page. The Louvers are in final primer: will let it dry for a few days before final sanding with 1000 & pulling the mold.
Also, I need more gelcoat to make this mold & future parts. Anyone ready to order some parts so I'll have the money for gelcoat?
http://angelonearth.net/DV.html
http://angelonearth.net/customfiberglass.html (new pics of the headlight doors)
Thanks everyone,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

IP: Logged
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 08:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
How much do you need?

Send me your PayPal address.

The Riv
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2011 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post

How much do you need?

Send me your PayPal address.

The Riv

Pm sent with info & my address.
Thanks,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2011 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Paul

You have a pm.

The Riv
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post
Popped the louvered decklid mold today. Added a photo to the Custom Fiberglass page. http://angelonearth.net/customfiberglass.html
I'll have to make a louver for Quad & one for Daredevil; after that I'll PM the folks that have expressed interest. (There are 3 more on the list.) If anyone else is interested let me know & I'll add you to the list in the order I hear from you.
Also laid up the first parts of the fender vents & vented headlight covers (but that's a subject for the "Custom Fiberglass Parts" thread).
Thanks,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Paul:

I was looking at your website today and your products look great!

Nolan
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 04:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sourmug:

Paul:

I was looking at your website today and your products look great!

Nolan

Thanks for that Nolan.
I just uploaded images of the new Angel Vent hood scoop version 2.0 (you don't have to cut the sheetmetal).
http://angelonearth.net/customfiberglass.html
Seems like no one else is interested in the louver at this time...
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2011 01:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Paul:

How much do you think you will be asking for the decklid?

Thanks
Nolan
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2011 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sourmug:

Paul:

How much do you think you will be asking for the decklid?

Thanks
Nolan

At this time it's $225 shipped for the GT louver, $295 + shipping for the full skin, $595+ shipping for bolt-on decklid (I haven't made the inner mold yet to make a bolt-on). I assume you're talking about this "D-Max/Driven Visions" remake. The Notchie w/scoop is cheaper.
Thanks,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2011 01:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Hi:

I'm referring to the Fastback decklid with "Angel Louvers". I may be interested in the complete decklid.

Thanks
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2011 06:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post
That's $595+ shipping for a bolt-on decklid. I still have to make the mold for the inner structure. If you're interested, I can fast-track it if you send me a substantial deposit.
Thanks,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
PFF
System Bot
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2011 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugDirect Link to This Post
Paul:

I'm not looking to buy right away so no need to fast track it. I would like to see pictures of a finished decklid before I made a decision in any case. But I am very interested.

Thanks
Nolan
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2011 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Driver....
Hey man just thought I would drop in and say how much I like the looks of that second gen Hood vent. Does it also need to trim the metal crossmember behind the radiator? How hard is it really to install that thing? I am tapped out money wise now especially after buying Easter dinner and baskets and candy and plastic eggs and everything else but I swear at some point soon hopefully I am gonna be getting some of this stuff from ya. Especially since you are so close. Those hood vents, the angel decklid and the side scoops all look really good man. You are doing some good work here and I hope you make some money with all of it. I sold my CNC milling machine and once I finish these last few jobs on it I am getting a full blown VMC here to play with hopefully inside a month or so depending on how long it takes me to find a good one within a reasonable distance. Then I am gonna be playing with some more cool fiero stuff as well as a few other ideas I got floating around in the cobwebs of my head. Happy Easter man and peace

Pete
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2011 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

Driver....
Hey man just thought I would drop in and say how much I like the looks of that second gen Hood vent. Does it also need to trim the metal crossmember behind the radiator? How hard is it really to install that thing? I am tapped out money wise now especially after buying Easter dinner and baskets and candy and plastic eggs and everything else but I swear at some point soon hopefully I am gonna be getting some of this stuff from ya. Especially since you are so close. Those hood vents, the angel decklid and the side scoops all look really good man. You are doing some good work here and I hope you make some money with all of it. I sold my CNC milling machine and once I finish these last few jobs on it I am getting a full blown VMC here to play with hopefully inside a month or so depending on how long it takes me to find a good one within a reasonable distance. Then I am gonna be playing with some more cool fiero stuff as well as a few other ideas I got floating around in the cobwebs of my head. Happy Easter man and peace

Pete

The whole idea behind the 2nd gen hood vent is to not have to cut the sheetmetal. I also styled it to go with the headlight covers (or more accurately styled the headlight covers to go with what I had in mind for the hood vent).
Installation is time consuming, but I plan to make whole skins & even bolt-on hoods to make it a LOT easier.
I'm working on a new website to list the parts so that it'll be easier to check them out & keep track of them (part numbers & all). I'll upload it soon & post the link here.
I also just got some new shtuff to work with to make the coupe front air dam as well as possible side skirts & rear ground effects (or whole bumper).
Would be nice to sell something else...
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2011 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosDirect Link to This Post
Driver...

Hey man just a thought here.... Not saying you should copy other peoples work but this particular car looks amazing to me and the ground effects on it would be easy for a guy like you to make. It really makes the car look much lower than it really is. the styling of the nose would be very important... I honestly do not like the turned upside down front ends on the GT''s that much but something that kinda adds to the length of the car and makes the front APPEAR lower would be cool. Check this out... peace

http://i12.photobucket.com/...cse/kurt_mylar_1.jpg

Pete
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2011 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

Driver...

Hey man just a thought here.... Not saying you should copy other peoples work but this particular car looks amazing to me and the ground effects on it would be easy for a guy like you to make.

Pete

I hate to be the one to tell you this Pete, but NONE of this is easy to make.
Interestingly enough, some of the new parts I just got to mod for the Fiero have similar ground effects shapes... (but I'm not planning anything for the aero nose - a lot is already available for that).
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
GADJet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2011 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetDirect Link to This Post
Paul, did you ever make any Notchie decklids with scoop? I saw one as a prototype on your site. Mine bit the dust in a tornado last week. That looks really nice. Just wondering if you ever finished them and/or if they are available for purchase. (provided I can afford one)

FWIW, I may have an old one from a parts car I could use as a donor part to counter the price if you need other decklids. Just a thought. Thanks.
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2011 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GADJet:

Paul, did you ever make any Notchie decklids with scoop? I saw one as a prototype on your site. Mine bit the dust in a tornado last week. That looks really nice. Just wondering if you ever finished them and/or if they are available for purchase. (provided I can afford one)

FWIW, I may have an old one from a parts car I could use as a donor part to counter the price if you need other decklids. Just a thought. Thanks.

I haven't pulled the mold from the notchie decklid yet. Other parts have a higher priority; but if you want one & can send a deposit (of say around $200) I will fast-track it (make it next). The bolt-on decklid will be $495 + shipping. Shipping is best done via Greyhound & I have to charge a few bucks extra to take it down there (50 mile round trip).
Old decklid is not needed & shipping would be an unneeded extra expense anyway. I can sell you just the scoop a lot cheaper if you want to mold it into your other decklid.
Thanks,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

[This message has been edited by Tha Driver (edited 04-26-2011).]

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2011 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post
I know you're not supposed to cross-post, but this is directly related to this thread (as it is others). And it doesn't seem to be getting much attention in the other thread... (& I know the folks here want to know about the progress with this louver).
The new website is up! There is a new URL - http://angelonearth.net/customfiberglass/ - but the old link has a redirect for those that bookmarked it.
Old link: http://angelonearth.net/customfiberglass.html
In fact, I'd appreciate it if a few folks would check back with me on a few things, since I don't have all my computers hooked up for testing: Go to the old link.
1) Did the redirect work?
2) Did the page display properly?
3) Did the photo script open in a trick little window when you clicked on a thumbnail?
4) What about scrollbar colors? I added some in but have no idea how they look since my Firefox doesn't show them & my Opera has custom ones & my I.E. is too old & micros*t won't let you download any browser except the ones that only work with the newer operating systems & won't work with mine.
5) What did you think of the site? Easy to navigate? Everything clear to understand (downloads & such)? Look good?
Please tell me your operating system, browser (& version), & perhaps your screen resolution.
THANKS!
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2011 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tha Driver:
1) Did the redirect work?
2) Did the page display properly?
3) Did the photo script open in a trick little window when you clicked on a thumbnail?
4) What about scrollbar colors?
5) What did you think of the site? Easy to navigate? Everything clear to understand (downloads & such)? Look good?
Please tell me your operating system, browser (& version), & perhaps your screen resolution.
THANKS!
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

1.Yup
2.As far as i can tell
3.Yup
4.Seems fine
5.Yup, yup, and yup
XP, windows 8, 1440 x 900

[This message has been edited by DLCLK87GT (edited 04-27-2011).]

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2011 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DLCLK87GT:

1.Yup
2.As far as i can tell
3.Yup
4.Seems fine
5.Yup, yup, and yup
XP, windows 8, 1440 x 900

WOW yer quick!
Thanks much! Good to know it works well on later systems & at higher screen res.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
PFF
System Bot
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Yesterday Paul's package arrived with the louver rear vent and front fender vents. All I can say is wow! I've bought from several vendors in the past but these are the best fiberglass pieces ever, just flawless with no voids under the gelcoat. I had to sit back on the floor, of course and stared at it for about five minutes. Just a beautiful vent, can't wait to install it on the car. My only regret is that I didn't order the full top skin for the decklid.

Paul if you ever go into production for the fenders count me in as a buyer.

Dave
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post

Yesterday Paul's package arrived with the louver rear vent and front fender vents. All I can say is wow! I've bought from several vendors in the past but these are the best fiberglass pieces ever, just flawless with no voids under the gelcoat. I had to sit back on the floor, of course and stared at it for about five minutes. Just a beautiful vent, can't wait to install it on the car. My only regret is that I didn't order the full top skin for the decklid.

Paul if you ever go into production for the fenders count me in as a buyer.

Dave

Thanks Dave! Can't wait to see it on your car.
Fenders are a ways off, I'm afraid, as they're a complicated part to make. The mold has to be made in several pieces, to unbolt to get the part out. Of course, if enough folks seriously want them...
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart:

These look sweet but what will keep the rain/snow from drenching the engine? Maybe a product for those with a garage or "show only" Fieros?

Sorry but I don't think I responded to this question...
I'm considering making an optional tray to go under the louver to divert water. Similar to the one under the '84 decklid. Not that I believe the rain will hurt anything, but it can't hurt to keep the water off of the area around the spark plugs, for example.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

[This message has been edited by Tha Driver (edited 05-05-2011).]

IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 08:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMDirect Link to This Post
Paul,

Now that you've finished the GT vented decklid when do you plan on making the same for the notchie?

I am interested in ordering one of these for my notchback once you have that in production.

Work looks great by the way.

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

Paul,

Now that you've finished the GT vented decklid when do you plan on making the same for the notchie?

I am interested in ordering one of these for my notchback once you have that in production.

Work looks great by the way.

Thanks.
I plan to do it very soon. If you want to go ahead & order it (as in paid for) I can have it made in 2 weeks.
Thanks,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Paul

Did you get my PM?

Dave

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post

Paul

Did you get my PM?

Dave

The last one I got was the one in which you said "I'll visit the site.". Was that the last you sent?
Thanks,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
You should be recieving something in the mail. Just in case I forgot to mention it to you.

Dave
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post

You should be recieving something in the mail. Just in case I forgot to mention it to you.

Dave

You mentioned that in the previous PM - thanks.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post
Just uploaded an "idea sheet" of ways to cut out the louver.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
PFF
System Bot
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Here are some pics Paul.

I will finish removing the top skin tomorrow because I need a narrow spackle knife to make the job easier. The top skin is already cut I just have to separate it without damaging the bottom skin. I'm too tired to make the the run to Lowes, I just worked a 28 hour shift. Making the cuts was a piece of cake but I do recommend a dremel for precise control to keep from going through both layers of skin. Great fiberglass piece for anyone thinking about buying it for their car. You will not regret it trust me.

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 05-10-2011).]

Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
I finally got a spackle knife to peel the top skin off along with a hammer to tap here and there It wasn't that bad at all. The fit on this vent is great. The vent is just fitting on the decklid it's not bonded yet. I will cut out the vents after it's all bonded and glassed in just to keep everything uniform and square. More to come during the weekend.

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 05-11-2011).]

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post
Looks yummy! Great product Paul!
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

Looks yummy! Great product Paul!

Have you made any progress on fixing your car?

Daredevil: can you take a photo of the substructure before you bond on the louver? Also, you might want to go ahead & cut out any of that before you bond it on. I've been working on the substructure for the notchie with the area cut out & it's almost ready to make the molds. Removed one cross-brace to open the entire area up (which means filling in the sides where the brace went across).
I've also started the louver on the notchie & it's almost ready for primer. So anyone wanting a notchie louver it will be ready soon.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Will do Paul. The inner structure is cool looking. I'm thinking of running the third brake light wiring through there while it's open. I'm going to try and bond the Fiero brake light under the wing. That was the 80's look and it always stuck in my head through the years.
Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post
Have you decided how you're going to cut out the openings (shape) yet? Using one on my "idea sheet"?
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
Using one of them but it's hard to decide which one. I'm afraid to cut out the vents after everything is done. I want to incorporate the original Fiero vent design to tie it all together. Trying to figure that out, looks good in my head but hard to do in real life. I wish I had your skills and then it would be a piece of cake.

I'm also going to spray Lizard skin on the inside to cut down on the heat to the vent.

Dave

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 05-12-2011).]

Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2011 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Direct Link to This Post
In case if someone is thinking of buying one then here are pics of what it would resemble after it's bodyworked and painted. These are pics of Troy's car with the Driven Vision vent which is no longer in production. Paul's replacement is far superior in every aspect. Job well done.

Of course the vent is dressed up in bling bling.

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 05-14-2011).]

Tha Driver

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverDirect Link to This Post
Wow the mirrors look great on the louvers, with the angle that reflects the engine while standing behind it.
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay