Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Wisconsin Anti-Union bill... already making huge improvements in education... (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Wisconsin Anti-Union bill... already making huge improvements in education... by 82-T/A [At Work]
Started on: 07-01-2011 01:46 PM
Replies: 146
Last post by: fierobear on 12-14-2011 11:00 AM
Firefox

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

.........Now, the Democrats in WI actually have a say in their government despite all the tricks played by the currently-in-power conservatives, stuff like violating open meetings laws, etc......

Well now you are just spreading more lies about what happened. Tricks? Who's playing tricks? You say that the currently-in-power conservatives violated open meetings laws.......do your homework. It's stuff like this that makes you liberal Democrats look like like sore losers. The law was held up specifically because there was a claim that there was a law violation about the open meetings law to get around the Democrats that failed to do their jobs and abandoned the state. They don't like a vote? Run away! Can't stand it when someone stands up to the Democratic corruption? Run away! Can't handle real life and it's consequenses? Run away! Can't respect the vote? The vote that put Governor Scott Walker in power? Run away! So the conference committee changed the way the bill was written and removed the fiscal part of that bill and that allowed the simple majority of the Senate to vote. It passes legally. The open meetings law? Nope....not violated. That was ruled on my Judge Maryanne Sumi, a liberal judge from Madison, Wisconsin. She put the hold on the law because of the open meetings law question. Well, she ruled that there was no violation of the law. So, the currently-in-power conservatives violated no law but you spew that lie to confuse people. You say that conservatives must respect the vote but you liberals haven't respected the vote.

Look at the above post about collecting signatures in a cemetary....Jazzman, do you support that? Those are your fellow liberals. You are one of them. You are defending these types of people without morals. Where is the respect for the process? You want to do a recall? Why can't your side of the aisle do all of this without cheating? Where are your morals?

Show us you are worthy of respect. We all can respect each other and still disagree, but when there is blatent offenses to the process, respect goes out the window. Show us that you are worthy of our respect......if you care.

Edited....Wisconsin conservatives own page 3!!!

[This message has been edited by Firefox (edited 12-03-2011).]

IP: Logged
Gtdhw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GtdhwSend a Private Message to GtdhwDirect Link to This Post

I went back and re-read his post, he doesn't mention being salary.

Come back when your reading comprehension skills improve, little boy.

You are right. It was one of the other quotes of his post that mentioned salary. I can admit when I'm in the wrong. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. The way in which you did it though, speaks volume of your character.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by D B Cooper:

you stay classy out there, Wis-Dems !

I assume this is a spoof? If not, it looks like Chicago has come to WI.
82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2011 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

I went back and re-read his post, he doesn't mention being salary.

Come back when your reading comprehension skills improve, little boy.

I was salary there. I thought it was clear when I said "Full Time" but I forgot that people can still be full time and get paid hourly. Yeah, I was salary.

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post12-03-2011 11:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

Well now you are just spreading more lies about what happened. Tricks? Who's playing tricks? You say that the currently-in-power conservatives violated open meetings laws.......do your homework. It's stuff like this that makes you liberal Democrats look like like sore losers. The law was held up specifically because there was a claim that there was a law violation about the open meetings law to get around the Democrats that failed to do their jobs and abandoned the state. They don't like a vote? Run away! Can't stand it when someone stands up to the Democratic corruption? Run away! Can't handle real life and it's consequenses? Run away! Can't respect the vote? The vote that put Governor Scott Walker in power? Run away! So the conference committee changed the way the bill was written and removed the fiscal part of that bill and that allowed the simple majority of the Senate to vote. It passes legally. The open meetings law? Nope....not violated. That was ruled on my Judge Maryanne Sumi, a liberal judge from Madison, Wisconsin. She put the hold on the law because of the open meetings law question. Well, she ruled that there was no violation of the law. So, the currently-in-power conservatives violated no law but you spew that lie to confuse people. You say that conservatives must respect the vote but you liberals haven't respected the vote.

Look at the above post about collecting signatures in a cemetary....Jazzman, do you support that? Those are your fellow liberals. You are one of them. You are defending these types of people without morals. Where is the respect for the process? You want to do a recall? Why can't your side of the aisle do all of this without cheating? Where are your morals?

Show us you are worthy of respect. We all can respect each other and still disagree, but when there is blatent offenses to the process, respect goes out the window. Show us that you are worthy of our respect......if you care.

Edited....Wisconsin conservatives own page 3!!!

Because of all the lies, character assassinations, etc. that you've been directing at me, even in your post above, I have no more respect for you than the brown streak of shitt I left on my toilet paper this morning. You've shown me no respect in the years I've been here and I've long since put you in the category of folks that I couldn't care less about. In fact, should I ever hear about your death I will celebrate by having a big meal so that my morning bowel movement will be extra large, in honor of you.

Really.

Edit to add:

That image was a photoshop, a spoof (though intended to be damaging, as opposed to a good-natured spoof meant in humor). The fact that you bought it without question only emphasizes your inability to distinguish facts and reality from self-delusional fantasies. You needed that image to be true, because that's the way your internal worldview structure works. I think that's pathetic. I feel sorry for you.

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 12-03-2011).]

JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-03-2011 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

JazzMan

18612 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Originally posted by carnut122:

I assume this is a spoof? If not, it looks like Chicago has come to WI.

How could anyone that was rational think this was anything but a spoof? Sadly, there are many I'm sure.
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post

How could anyone that was rational think this was anything but a spoof? Sadly, there are many I'm sure.

Of course it was a hack or mistake. It actually did appear on the Wisconsin Democratic website for a short time before it was removed and the really funny part of it was that the spokesperson for the party, the Democratic Party of Wisconsin, would neither confirm or deny the validity of the posting. Really interesting and speaks volumes.....just like Jazzman. By the way, I did do a little research on that before replying....apparently you did not. Hypocrit.

Jazz, I'm really sorry that you are linked with these types of people. The really unfortunate part of it all is that even though that screenshot was a real screenshot, not a photoshop or anything faked, and yes, it was not supposed to be there, it's the way that the Democratic Party does things. Dead people don't vote Republican....they vote Democrat. Felons don't vote Republican...they vote Democrat. People like you, Jazzman, don't believe in fair elections and it's for all to see. You and your ilk cheat as much as you can and get away with it and you don't care. You have no respect for honesty, integrity or facts.

Because of all the lies, character assassinations, etc. that you've been directing at me, even in your post above, I have no more respect for you than the brown streak of shitt I left on my toilet paper this morning. You've shown me no respect in the years I've been here and I've long since put you in the category of folks that I couldn't care less about. In fact, should I ever hear about your death I will celebrate by having a big meal so that my morning bowel movement will be extra large, in honor of you.

Really.

Typical classy response. You get called out on your incorrect facts and you come back with this? Wow....what a grown up. I'm so sorry that you are this type of person. You are special. I fell sorry for you. You are a perfect representative of the Democratic Party. You fit right in. Go ahead, have your extra big meal and celebrate my death. If that makes you happy. You won't have to deal with me anymore.

Good luck, Jazzman.

[This message has been edited by Firefox (edited 12-04-2011).]

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 02:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Like happens right now?

Ok. Got any proof?

Sure! Sadly, the real issue with voting in Texas is that gerrymandered redistricting has basically made the vast majority of federal and state level votes by Democrats essentially worthless.

Wow, same applies here in California. I think I posted some links for you.

So...do both parties do this? Yes or no.

I vote out of principle, even though I know my vote is absolutely worthless in any other sense that's possible to imagine. Now, the Democrats in WI actually have a say in their government despite all the tricks played by the currently-in-power conservatives, stuff like violating open meetings laws, etc.

Link?

You may believe that somehow, someway, Democrats shouldn't have the right to exercise their Constitutional voting rights in WI, but like everyone else that shares your feelings you would be completely, assbackwards, wrong.

Your opinion, which would be wrong. I do NOT want anyone, even Democrats, to not have a say (vote).

And like I've been saying, *if* it turns out that there are more Democrats than conservatives voting in the recall elections and Walker and his...fellow government comrades...get thrown out, it will have been by following the law and exercising voting rights, whether you like it or not.

You keep painting that picture. What was that you said about "mantras"?

You can point fingers and blame all you want, but all you seem to be saying by doing that is that somehow Democrats don't have voting rights.

Huh? How in the world did you get that from what I said?

On a related note - do you approve of when the Democratic legislators left the state instead of staying and voting? Was democracy served by that?

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 12-04-2011).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000

In fact, should I ever hear about your death I will celebrate by having a big meal so that my morning bowel movement will be extra large, in honor of you.

Holy fracking crap. Just wow.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 02:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Dead people don't vote Republican....they vote Democrat. Felons don't vote Republican...they vote Democrat. People like you, Jazzman, don't believe in fair elections and it's for all to see. You and your ilk cheat as much as you can and get away with it and you don't care. You have no respect for honesty, integrity or facts.

FYI, Firefox...if you want to know what a Democrat is guilty of, just pay attention to their accusations of others. It also works for their weak spots. They will *always* telegraph it.

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
Two articles appeared in our local paper this morning expounding on the virtues of allowing teachers to retire, and then rehiring them back thus paying them for both retirement and full time wages.

http://www.greenbaypressgaz...12040648&located=rss

http://www.greenbaypressgaz...12040645&located=rss

That is the next thing Gov. Walker needs to fix.

PFF
System Bot
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-04-2011 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

People like you, Jazzman, don't believe in fair elections and it's for all to see. You and your ilk cheat as much as you can and get away with it and you don't care. You have no respect for honesty, integrity or facts.

Here's what I put for the negative I just gave you, BTW:

Personal insults, lies, character assassination, general all around as*hole

BTW, every word in your quote above is an outright lie. I don't take it personally, because, well, you're just being what you are.
avengador1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post

I have no more respect for you than the brown streak of shitt I left on my toilet paper this morning...
I've long since put you in the category of folks that I couldn't care less about. In fact, should I ever hear about your death I will celebrate by having a big meal so that my morning bowel movement will be extra large, in honor of you.

Really.

That just shows what a real lack of class you have. You might as well say what is really on your mind and wish him dead. What's next? Are you going to ask others to kill him too? Really? Really indeed, it's no wonder that you have lost any respect on this forum you might have had a long time ago.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

Two articles appeared in our local paper this morning expounding on the virtues of allowing teachers to retire, and then rehiring them back thus paying them for both retirement and full time wages.

But not if Democrats are successful in getting him *recalled*. Oh, no, then they can get right back to bankrupting the state. I just wonder how they will blame Bush?

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000

Originally posted by avengador1:

That just shows what a real lack of class you have. You might as well say what is really on your mind and wish him dead. What's next? Are you going to ask others to kill him too? Really? Really indeed, it's no wonder that you have lost any respect on this forum you might have had a long time ago.

Can you imagine, he says s*** like that but thinks he can get away with the arrogant tone?
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-04-2011 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

There you go again.... I didn't wish him dead, that was just your second-grade reading comprehension ability striking again. Jeeze, is English just that hard for you to learn?
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-04-2011 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

JazzMan

18612 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Originally posted by fierobear:

Can you imagine, he says s*** like that but thinks he can get away with the arrogant tone?

He either misread or lied about what I actually said. You jumped into the circle-jerk without reading what I wrote, is deliberately lying to yourself about what I wrote. Or, your reading skills are just as undeveloped as his so painfully appear to be. Either way, don't you look the fool. Again. I bet that not only will you will not admit screwing up, you will blindly continue attacking me on this false claim. You are so predictable...
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

It sounds like your governor has caused a lot of teachers to retire sooner than they planned. Some positions aren't easily filled by a kid just out of college, so hiring people back at a fraction of their previous pay plus saving the $52,000 in benefits each was collecting (if I remember your newspaper article from last January correctly) makes a great deal of sense. I would think everybody would be happy. What's the problem? OK, I'll admit I see the problem, if you'll admit that the teachers weren't receiving $42,000 worth of benefits. Either way, keep posting as I often wonder what's happening up there.

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post
UWGB got caught making deals with their administration making deals to rehire instructors before they retired. When we have high unemployment in Wisconsin, these actions reek of corruptness.

Considering that the teachers in Wisconsin now have quite tarnished reputation with the taxpayers, I would think both the teachers and the administration would stay far away from these highly questionable practices.
avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jazzman
There you go again.... I didn't wish him dead, that was just your second-grade reading comprehension ability striking again. Jeeze, is English just that hard for you to learn?

Nothing wrong with my reading comprehension buey! It's your comprehension that has a problem and you lack of honesty with yourself. Here is a video that describes what many think of you perfectly.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 12-04-2011).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2011 02:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

He either misread or lied about what I actually said. You jumped into the circle-jerk without reading what I wrote, is deliberately lying to yourself about what I wrote. Or, your reading skills are just as undeveloped as his so painfully appear to be. Either way, don't you look the fool. Again. I bet that not only will you will not admit screwing up, you will blindly continue attacking me on this false claim. You are so predictable...

Oh, STFU. You decide that you've won, that others are wrong, that they can't read or comprehend...blah blah fricking blah. You pat yourself on the back more than anyone I've ever encountered. You are neither as smart or as good as you think. But if your mental masturbation is what gets you through the day, good luck with that. It might make you feel better, but it doesn't cut any ice around here.
PFF
System Bot
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-05-2011 09:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Oh, STFU. You decide that you've won, that others are wrong, that they can't read or comprehend...blah blah fricking blah. You pat yourself on the back more than anyone I've ever encountered. You are neither as smart or as good as you think. But if your mental masturbation is what gets you through the day, good luck with that. It might make you feel better, but it doesn't cut any ice here.

As I predicted, refusal to acknowledge your error, and yet more personal attacks. So predictable. Dance wittle bear, maybe someday you'll grow a mind and a sense of integrity.

The fact remains that I didn't wish death upon firefox, the fact is that Avengador lied when he said I did, and the fact is that you either lied or failed to read what I wrote when you jumped on Avengador's wagon. Everyone can see that except you. Do you like people laughing at your blind foolishness? You lie so much that you don't even know what reality is anymore.

Or maybe you like the feel of Avengador's wanker so much that you just don't want to turn loose of it...
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2011 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

As I predicted, refusal to acknowledge your error, and yet more personal attacks. So predictable. Dance wittle bear, maybe someday you'll grow a mind and a sense of integrity.

LOL. You are delusional

REquoting you, showing your "sense of integrity"

Frankly, I don't know how anyone could take you seriously after something like that. You don't have sufficient integrity to question mine.

The fact remains that I didn't wish death upon firefox

I never said you had. That doesn't change the fact that what you DID say was pretty awful, but just like a typical liberal, you can't face up to your own lack of integrity and low standards.
avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2011 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Here are the key words of what he said "should I ever hear about your death I will celebrate". He is too much of a D.B. to even realize what that implies. Do, do, do, do... you know the rest! But what were you expecting from a liberal like him?

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 12-05-2011).]

JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-05-2011 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Here are the key words of what he said "should I ever hear about your death I will celebrate". He is too much of a D.B. to even realize what that implies. Do, do, do, do... you know the rest! But what were you expecting from a liberal like him?

Hey, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that most people never die!

I'm going to die. Everyone that I know is going to die. You're going to die, Fierobear is going to die, everyone dies. It's inescapable, it's inevitable, and history proves absolutely without a doubt that everyone dies, sooner or later, 100%.

So apparently, when I said what I said, I was too much of a D.B. (whatever that means. D.B. Cooper?) to realize that that implies that Firefox will die. How could I be so terribly wrong about that? Oh the humanity!

LOL.

You have got to be one of the most illogical and semi-literate (in English, anyway) person I've ever had the misfortune to cross paths with.

And should you beat me to the grave, and I find myself in whatever local you're buried in, I'll be sure to make the grass grow a little greener over your rotting corpse's burial plot.

Note, this is obviously not a death threat, or any desire to wish you dead. I'm sorry I have to spell this fact out to you but your reading comprehension skill failure makes it necessary. I can guarantee that I would never lift a finger to bring you or anyone harm. What I've always said and believed about violence, that it diminishes one as a human, still stands for me.
avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2011 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post

And should you beat me to the grave, and I find myself in whatever local you're buried in, I'll be sure to make the grass grow a little greener over your rotting corpse's burial plot.

Sorry to disappoint you. I plan to be cremated and have my ashes scattered at sea. That way no one can take a dump or piss on my grave.
D.B. stands for douchebag. It seems your lack of comprehension has not allowed you to follow the theme I set up for you here, so here's a reminder.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2011 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
JazzMan is attempting, with pitiful futility, to back away from what he said. Since he's now denying that he said it, he's compounding what he said with yet another LIE.

Hey, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that most people never die!

I'm going to die. Everyone that I know is going to die. You're going to die, Fierobear is going to die, everyone dies. It's inescapable, it's inevitable, and history proves absolutely without a doubt that everyone dies, sooner or later, 100%.

So apparently, when I said what I said, I was too much of a D.B. (whatever that means. D.B. Cooper?) to realize that that implies that Firefox will die. How could I be so terribly wrong about that? Oh the humanity!

The problem is, it isn't a matter whether people die or not. Nope, it's about JazzMan CELEBRATING someone dying. Good God, his arguments get more pitiful by the minute.

Once again compounding his crassness, he adds THIS:

You're right, avengador. He's a "D.B." alright. And he continues to prove it DAILY.
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-05-2011 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

JazzMan is attempting, with pitiful futility, to back away from what he said. Since he's now denying that he said it, he's compounding what he said with yet another LIE.

Back away from what I said? Are you from Mars? I haven't changed a single thing I've said or denied anything. My words above prove that completely. You are truly a pathological liar because you lie to yourself more than you do to anyone else except for perhaps those closest to you.

My words stand for themselves. Your lies stand for, what? I have no idea. You remind me of Hitler, who kept repeating lies about Jews until he spun up enough hatred to get 13 million of them killed. Are you trying to drum up enough hatred to get someone to do that to me? I already know you're a psychopath, I proved it with your own words about how you'd slit someone's throat while they were passed out and helpless. Actually, there are few people on this forum that I think would commit an act of violence against someone, and you're near the top of that list.

Folks, you just can't make this stuff up, I swear!

carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2011 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post

UWGB got caught making deals with their administration making deals to rehire instructors before they retired. When we have high unemployment in Wisconsin, these actions reek of corruptness.

Considering that the teachers in Wisconsin now have quite tarnished reputation with the taxpayers, I would think both the teachers and the administration would stay far away from these highly questionable practices.

I would too. Even thought the school board isn't supposed to be involved in personnel issues, I would think a person's complaints would start there.
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-05-2011 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
I was digging for reputable cites on the latest Walker deal, classifying four or more folks gathering in government buildings as an illegal protest unless a permit was obtained 72 hours in advance and the group payed $50 per Capitol police officer, purchased a blanket liability insurance policy, and agreed to pay an indeterminate amount for other services rendered by cleaning staff, etc, and I found this tidbit from back when Walker was for recall elections before he was against them:

Walker said: “You know the folks that were angry about this started a recall and they were told they needed to collect 73,000 signatures in sixty days. Well, not hundreds, not thousands, but tens of thousands of ordinary people did an extraordinary thing. They stood up and took their government back. In less than thirty days they collected more than 150,000 signatures. It was at that moment I realized the real emotion on display in my county wasn’t just about anger. You see, if it had been about anger, it would have been about people checking out and moving out or giving up. But instead what happened was really amazing. You saw people standing up shoulder to shoulder, neighbor to neighbor and saying we want our government back. And in doing so the real emotion on display was about hope.”

That's a really well spoken and moving bit of oratory, and I think it applies just as well today as it did back in 2002.

And WRT the source of monies spent on the recall elections being from out of state donors, well, Walker has been feeding at that same trough for years:

http://www.prwatch.org/news...lker-runs-koch-money

Turnaround is fair play for some but not for others, I guess.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Back away from what I said?

Illustrated above. You can't worm your way out of it.

PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Sieg Heil Fierobear. I see Jazzman pulled out the old liberal Hitler comparison for you, he must be running out of things to say. In his case D.B. also stands for Dum Bass.
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 166
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post

It sounds like to me that all you have to do in Wisconsin to get a vote for something is to ask voters to vote for whatever issue you want to win. That sounds too easy.

In reality, all the outside help in the world is unlikely to change the vote of folks who supported Walker's efforts to kill unions. The legal Wisconsin voters who vote against Walker aren't outsiders, and aren't conservatives most likely, and if they outnumber you and your fellow conservatives in the voting booth for the recall then you should accept the fact that in this case, at least, yours is the minority position. You can dislike it all you want, but it's correct under rule of law.

You keep mentioning a VOTE.

For the 3rd time, Wisconsin voters ALREADY VOTED to put Walker in.

Now there is the issue of a recall. Until there are enough signatures on a petition, THERE IS NO VOTE.

The problem I am having is that it is OUTSIDERS that are FUNDING the petition drives. It is OUTSIDERS that are actually being shipped in to DO THE WORK of collecting signatures.

When Walker was praising the recall effort in 2002, that was done by Wisconsinites. It was the will of the people. It wasn't like now, where are bunch of outsiders are coming in and trying to stir up people and trying to collect enough signatures so we can go through ANOTHER VOTE.

So as I have said twice now and say a 3rd time, I'm not saying outsiders can make a Wisconsinite vote a certain way (although they are DESPERATELY trying EVERYthing, including blatant lies, to try to persuade someone). But they CAN get involved in the process that creates a (re) vote in the first place. And THAT is what is wrong.
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post

frontal lobe

9042 posts
Member since Dec 1999

despite all the tricks played by the currently-in-power conservatives, stuff like violating open meetings laws, etc.

Again, I don't blame you because you don't live here and aren't involved in seeing it every day.

But this is the HEIGHT of being wrong.

It was the DEMOCRATS that VIOLATED THE LAW and fled the state to prevent the Wisconsin's duly, legally elected government to function.

Walker and the republicans COULD have just gone ahead and rammed things through WITHOUT those legislators, because the voters of Wisconsin gave the Republicans a super majority.

THEY DIDN'T. They waited for about 3 weeks to give the democrat LAW BREAKING legislators time to come back and be involved in the process (although there presence was moot because they knew what was going to be voted in).

FINALLY, the republicans went ahead.

THEN the democrats came back and cried, "violation of open meeting laws". Ha. Which was LUDICROUS.

BUT, it STILL went to the Wisconsin Supreme Court. And the republicans waited for the Court to rule, instead of just canning it and re-voting on everything again and passing it again.

And guess what? The Wisconsin Supreme Court passed a verdict that republicans DID NOT violate the open meeting laws.

Really, how could you have possibly been MORE WRONG about your portrayal? Really.

They bent over backwards, did things by the letter AND BEYOND, got tied up in the courts by even MORE democrat shenanigans, and finally the LIBERAL COURT STILL couldn't fault the republicans.

THAT is what ACTUALLY happened, regardless of YOUR foolish portrayal from afar.
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-06-2011 06:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by frontal lobe:

You keep mentioning a VOTE.

For the 3rd time, Wisconsin voters ALREADY VOTED to put Walker in.

Now there is the issue of a recall. Until there are enough signatures on a petition, THERE IS NO VOTE.

The problem I am having is that it is OUTSIDERS that are FUNDING the petition drives. It is OUTSIDERS that are actually being shipped in to DO THE WORK of collecting signatures.

When Walker was praising the recall effort in 2002, that was done by Wisconsinites. It was the will of the people. It wasn't like now, where are bunch of outsiders are coming in and trying to stir up people and trying to collect enough signatures so we can go through ANOTHER VOTE.

So as I have said twice now and say a 3rd time, I'm not saying outsiders can make a Wisconsinite vote a certain way (although they are DESPERATELY trying EVERYthing, including blatant lies, to try to persuade someone). But they CAN get involved in the process that creates a (re) vote in the first place. And THAT is what is wrong.

Sounds like you're saying that signatures from legal WI voters aren't valid if they were gathered with the help of someone from outside WI, is that what you meant to say?

By implication, you seem to be saying that the main criterion for judging the validity of a Wisconsinites' signature on a recall petition is whether or not the person presenting the petition to the Wisconsinite is a Wisconsin citizen?

Originally posted by frontal lobe:

Yep, said it for a third time, must be what you meant to say.

I wonder if all the good and honest folks in WI are aware of how gullible and stupid you apparently think they are?

You can say it's wrong all you want, but it's legal under rule of law so your claims are both false and irrelevant. But hey, you guys can go ahead and get your legislators to pass a law making it illegal for non-Wisconsinites to help or participate in any election-related activities in your state, such as recall petition drives. Maybe you guys can put up electric fences all around your border with armed checkpoints to make sure no outsiders can get in.

LOL...
frontal lobe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for frontal lobeSend a Private Message to frontal lobeDirect Link to This Post

How dare those people in Wisconsin exercise their right to vote! Of all the hubris and arrogance! Those people need to put be into their place!

As a reminder, THIS is what I was referring to.

My reference was that this wasn't being driven by a population of Wisconsinites upset with Walker's measures and wanting to exercise their rights.

It IS being driven by NATIONAL unions trying to exert THEIR influence.

You went from there and went for what is strictly LEGAL.

So I will say it straight out for you. It is LEGAL for outsiders to come in to Wisconsin and try to get Wisconsin residents to sign a petition to allow a recall of Walker and another vote.

I suppose it is actually legal for them to tell blatant lies to try to persuade a Wisconsin resident to sign the petition. That is what is happening. But once the Wisconsin resident stupidly believes the lie, and signs it, it is a legal signature.

You SHOULD be appalled that is what is going on in ANY state in the United States. But you aren't. Because you are proving yourself to be a typical end-justifies-the-means liberal with a lack of moral character. Not just from this, but from some of the comments to others.

You justify your responses by how you have been treated, but that isn't really justification. That is just your excuse.

You also ignore when you are pointed out as wrong, as in saying Walker and republicans violated open meeting laws when they did no such thing. You wouldn't take my word for it, but you really can't go there because it was a liberal Wisconsin Supreme Court that said they didn't.

avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post

By implication, you seem to be saying that the main criterion for judging the validity of a Wisconsinites' signature on a recall petition is whether or not the person presenting the petition to the Wisconsinite is a Wisconsin citizen?

You can say it's wrong all you want, but it's legal under rule of law so your claims are both false and irrelevant. But hey, you guys can go ahead and get your legislators to pass a law making it illegal for non-Wisconsinites to help or participate in any election-related activities in your state, such as recall petition drives. Maybe you guys can put up electric fences all around your border with armed checkpoints to make sure no outsiders can get in.

So you're ok with outsiders (that have no dog in this fight) getting involved and trying to influence another state's politics? I call that un-ethical and a form of bullying, but coming from a liberal it is to be expected.
JazzMan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-07-2011 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post

So you're ok with outsiders (that have no dog in this fight) getting involved and trying to influence another state's politics? I call that un-ethical and a form of bullying, but coming from a liberal it is to be expected.

Republicans do it all the time in this state, why should WI be any different? Oh, my bad, it's only a bad thing when non-conservatives do it, sort of like having extramarital affairs is (Clinton, Gingrich).
avengador1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2011 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
It's not a bad thing when you have a handfull of people doing it, when you start trucking in people by the busload it's a different story.
Rodney

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 267
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2011 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RodneyClick Here to visit Rodney's HomePageSend a Private Message to RodneyDirect Link to This Post
Bumper sticker:

Lets get back to raising taxes &
uncontrolled government spending.
Recall Governor Walker!

Rodney
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors