Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Official 2011 Stanley Cup prediction thread (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Official 2011 Stanley Cup prediction thread by Patrick
Started on: 04-13-2011 03:29 PM
Replies: 159
Last post by: doublec4 on 06-16-2011 07:53 AM
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
Unfortunately I haven't seen one Sharks/Wings game during these playoffs. Are the Sharks playing that well or are the Wings playing that bad this year?

The Sharks were the #2 seed, and Detroit was #3 by (if I remember) one point. The stats on the game were very even, as was the play. It was was played like a one goal game on both sides.

IP: Logged
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 01:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

The stats on the game were very even, as was the play. It was was played like a one goal game on both sides.

You're not giving me much to pass onto the Canucks.

naskie18

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 194
Rate this member

Report this Post05-05-2011 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post

Unfortunately I haven't seen one Sharks/Wings game during these playoffs. Are the Sharks playing that well or are the Wings playing that bad this year?

The Sharks are playing well. The Wings aren't playing as well as last series....although some of that has to do with the play of the Sharks, but some of it is just amazingly lucky.

Like Setoguchi's second goal....he fanned on it (broke his stick, I think), and it went a different direction than where you'd expect it....and that direction got it just inside the post. The look on his face after it went it was priceless.

I didn't see the first game of this series, I was out of town. The second game had no business being as close as it was, the Sharks played way better. This game, the Wings should've won. They tried to play the last 10 minutes of the third like they were on a penalty kill, just clear the puck from the defensive zone and sit back and wait for a new rush and do it again instead of continuing to play the way that they had all freaking game. Why Babcock didn't take a timeout after two successful minutes of that and beat into the players that they needed to not do that, I don't understand. But, as expected, it didn't work, and they ended up in OT. And the Wings, for whatever reason, simply don't win OT/SO games.

After that disheartening performance, I'm ready to agree that the Wings will lose this series.

GO LIGHTNING!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

The planets are starting to align as they should. Last night's game was more like I expected in this series.

The Canucks defeated the Predators 4-2 in game 4 of their series. Vancouver now leads the series 3-1 with game 5 to be played in Vancouver on Saturday.

The Preds are a well coached team but they simply don't have the horses. Their playoff run is just about over.

The Sedins might even be waking up from their playoff nap. If that's indeed the case, it bodes well for the Canucks.

9 more victories to go.

naskie18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post
Alright, my latest Babcock rant:

Why the hell would you not put Modano in tonight? Realistically, this is the last game of the career of a hall of famer, and you're going to have him a healthy scratch? Pull the gimpy mule, or scratch Hudler's underperforming butt, but this is stupid.

Ug.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
The wings finally showed up. Not unexpected, although I'm happy the Sharks battled back from being down 3-0 in the first.
ace35

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 07:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace35Send a Private Message to ace35Direct Link to This Post
Seriously??? NO BRUINS POST??!?!

BRUINS SWEPT 'EM!!!! I'm very excited. I hate Philly.

It will be great if they do well next series, but they eliminated Habs and Flyers, so I am officially happy with this years results.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

On Saturday the Canucks lost 4-3 to the Predators in game 5 of their series. The Canucks still lead the series 3-2, but it scares me that the Canucks appear to lack the ability to finish teams off quickly in the playoffs. They were leading the Hawks 3-0 in that series before they finally finished the Hawks off in game 7. They could've finished off the Predators last game, but now they'll have to do it tonight, or heaven forbid, in another game 7.

Come on Canucks, let's see what you're made of tonight!
naskie18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick: but it scares me that the Canucks appear to lack the ability to finish teams off quickly in the playoffs. They were leading the Hawks 3-0 in that series before they finally finished the Hawks off in game 7. They could've finished off the Predators last game, but now they'll have to do it tonight, or heaven forbid, in another game 7.

If it's any consolation, that certainly appears to be the trend of this year's playoffs. The only sweep in the first round was the Wings, and most of the series were actually pretty close and had OT games. Of course, there were the two sweeps in the East last week...but it still seems like the games (when looked at as a whole) have been more competitive this year than in previous years.

And how the Wings pulled off last night's comeback, I'll never understand....but I like it If only they could play the next two games entirely like that..........and, now I really will be completely disappointed if Babcock doesn't put Modano in for game six....and I'll be confident that Modano has done something to tick him off. Franzen couldn't get his gimpy ass off the bench in the 3rd period last night. I understand wanting to play and help the team, and I understand Babcock going with Franzen if both are healthy....but he's just dead weight at this point, get someone who can skate and shoot into the game.
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
That was one hell of a playoff series...

The most glaring problem I have with the Preds is that their play style is far too conservative when it actually matters. Afraid to take risks.

If it took 6 games for the number one club to beat a team that has never made the second round? Doesn't really bode well. I'm proud of my home team, to say the least.

[This message has been edited by skuzzbomer (edited 05-09-2011).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

On Saturday the Canucks lost 4-3 to the Predators in game 5 of their series. The Canucks still lead the series 3-2, but it scares me that the Canucks appear to lack the ability to finish teams off quickly in the playoffs. They were leading the Hawks 3-0 in that series before they finally finished the Hawks off in game 7. They could've finished off the Predators last game, but now they'll have to do it tonight, or heaven forbid, in another game 7.

Come on Canucks, let's see what you're made of tonight!

Are you sure you aren't watching the Sharks?

*sigh*

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

The Vancouver Canucks finally disposed of the Nashville Predators by defeating them 2-1 in game 6 of their series. It was kind of a dull series with no real animosity between the two teams. I'm sure that will change in the next round, especially if it's the Sharks, but Detroit is hanging in there. I really really hope their series goes 7 games and that they pound each other.

The Canucks can now sit back and rest up for a few days.

8 more victories to go.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36420 posts
Member since Apr 99

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

The most glaring problem I have with the Preds is that their play style is far too conservative when it actually matters. Afraid to take risks.

Honestly, this isn't meant as a dig at the Predators, but as I posted previously... they just don't have the horses. They are a very well coached team with two talented d-men, limited offensive talent on the forward lines, and a world class goalie. They basically have to wait for the breaks and make the most of them. Play for the tie and hope for the best in OT. It worked pretty well for them during the season, and even got them through the first round in the playoffs.

Originally posted by skuzzbomer:

If it took 6 games for the number one club to beat a team that has never made the second round? Doesn't really bode well.

Doesn't bode well for whom?

The defensive style of the Predators can make anyone look bad. Just ask the Ducks.

However, during the regular season the Canucks always played their best against the better teams... teams that weren't afraid to run and gun.

The Preds gave it an excellent effort. I wish them continued success as I'd like to see an NHL team in Nashville do well and stick around.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-10-2011).]

naskie18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post

The Preds gave it an excellent effort. I wish them continued success as I'd like to see an NHL team in Nashville do well and stick around.

Gonna need some help from the owners/GM for that to happen. If I were a Preds fan, I'd be pretty disappointed with GM/ownership.

Don't get me wrong, the Predators manage to do well with what they've got, and everyone always gives Trotz credit for having this team in the playoffs (or darn near), but I never hear anyone whining about how they (GM/owners) refuse to go out and pay money for talent. The defense is good, Rinne is phenomenal, and some of the forwards are good, but they need some more talent. Maybe people are saying this and it just doesn't make it out of the small market and to the things I read online, but watching them put in a ton of effort each year to achieve slightly on the high side of mediocrity seems ridiculous.

As a fan, I sit here and think that the owner/GM is content with selling out games and having some additional revenue in playoff games each year, and isn't really in pursuit of winning a Cup, and that makes me disappointed to say the least.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by naskie18:

...but I never hear anyone whining about how they (GM/owners) refuse to go out and pay money for talent.

I heard several times during this last round that the Preds spent about $10,000,000 less this season on player's salaries than the Canucks (and other teams which spent right up to the salary cap).

Sometimes a team can luck out with young players or non-star players who have breakout seasons, but to sign and retain big talent it costs big money. Last year Chicago broke the bank to win the Cup (but actually went over the salary cap, which led to them being forced to lose a whack of players this year).

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-10-2011).]

naskie18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post

I heard several times during this last round that the Preds spent about $10,000,000 less this season on players salaries than the Canucks (and other teams which spent right up to the salary cap).

Cap space for the Preds the last few years:

2010/2011: 8.569M
2009/2010: 12.657M
2008/2009: 11.375M
2007/2008: 16.040M

(Numbers from http://www.nhlnumbers.com/teams/NAS?year=2011 )

Now, I understand it isn't comforting to be right up against the cap, the last couple years the Wings have actually gotten in trouble by not having enough cap space left to recall someone from the minors when one of the guys on the team got hurt....but it seems like Nashville's left an awful lot of money on the table out there...you could get a few more scorers for that each year. If it's working, then I get it, there's no reason to go spend more money....but this is a team that won their first playoff series this year. As a fan, the fact that they're not pushing to do better would leave me with some dissatisfaction towards the owner/GM, whichever is making the decisions to not go pay for more talent.

[This message has been edited by naskie18 (edited 05-10-2011).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Detroit just won the 3rd straight game. Sharks are choking, right on schedule.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Detroit just won the 3rd straight game. Sharks are choking, right on schedule.

This is a perfect scenario for the Canucks. I hope the Wings/Sharks 7th game is a rough affair that takes a heavy toll on the eventual winner of that series. Should be a great game on Thursday in San Jose!

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

This is a perfect scenario for the Canucks. I hope the Wings/Sharks 7th game is a rough affair that takes a heavy toll on the eventual winner of that series. Should be a great game on Thursday in San Jose!

Meh, I don't even think I'm going to watch it. I'm SICK of the Sharks and their tanking series.

naskie18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post

Meh, I don't even think I'm going to watch it. I'm SICK of the Sharks and their tanking series.

After the Sharks went up 1-0, I actually couldn't watch the game anymore last night. All the pressure by the Wings and the play of Niemi up until that point had me thinking I was watching a mirror image of game 5, just with different colors.

Then I turned it on 10 minutes later to check the score and the Wings were up 3-1

Let's Go Red Wings!!!!
D B Cooper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D B CooperSend a Private Message to D B CooperDirect Link to This Post

After the Sharks went up 1-0, I actually couldn't watch the game anymore last night. All the pressure by the Wings and the play of Niemi up until that point had me thinking I was watching a mirror image of game 5, just with different colors.

Then I turned it on 10 minutes later to check the score and the Wings were up 3-1

Let's Go Red Wings!!!!

Yup !
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

After the Sharks went up 1-0, I actually couldn't watch the game anymore last night.

Wimp!

naskie18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post

Wimp!

I blame it on Game 5. I left my parents during the 3rd intermission, Wings were down. I checked the score later and they were up. Turn off Game 6 when they went down. Checked the score later and they were up. Seems to be a trend worth following
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 01:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Wimp!

Yup.

Sharks 3, Red Wings 2

Sharks win the series. Sharks vs. Canucks. Gonna be interesting.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Sharks vs. Canucks. Gonna be interesting.

Should be good.

One thing I like about this series is that whichever team makes it through to the finals won't be all worn out from travel, as both of these teams are on the west coast.

Patrick Marlowe picked a good time to come out his coma in the series with Detroit, finally getting a goal... the winning one at that. I hope he goes back to sleep now for the rest of upcoming series with the Canucks. Of course, the Sedins have hardly set the world on fire in the playoffs for the Canucks either, so there's liable to be players on both teams anxious to burst out of their slumps.
I'm looking quite forward to this round. Now is when the playoffs start to get serious.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-13-2011).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

I'm looking quite forward to this round. Now is when the playoffs start to get serious.

They'd BETTER get serious!

If I remembered correctly, I looked up the season series between the teams, and the Canucks dominated. Although season results are no guarantee of playoff results, it is not a good sign for the patrons of the Shark Tank.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

I looked up the season series between the teams, and the Canucks dominated. Although season results are no guarantee of playoff results, it is not a good sign for the patrons of the Shark Tank.

Regular season results mean nothing. What makes more of a difference is whose goaltender is now hottest, and I don't mean attractive.

naskie18

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for naskie18Click Here to visit naskie18's HomePageSend a Private Message to naskie18Direct Link to This Post
Well, that was a heckuva series....but I didn't like the ending

Ah well, Go Yzerbolts!
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
First period is in the books. First impression...not as much north-south movement as in the Red Wings series. More scrapping at center ice. Sharks were getting established in the offensive zone a LOT against the Wings, not much here. The only goal was a defensive mistake. I'll be interesting to see the dynamics of how the play goes from here.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000
Second period over. Play opened up a bit, more open ice skating, more breaks, but both goals were another defensive mistake and a power play goal.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-15-2011 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000
Sharks blew another one. It looked like they tried to sit on a 2-1 lead. They played back on their heels, and the Canucks took it to them.
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2011 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post
The Canucks came from behind twice in the game to defeat the Sharks 3-2 in game 1 of their series. Lots of hard hitting, physical play. It's already more enjoyable than the Canucks/Predators series which was nothing but a defensive struggle.

I felt the Sharks tired in the last half of the game, perhaps due to their exhausting 7 game emotional series with Detroit.

All in all, looking good for Canucks fans. Game 2 in Vancouver on Wednesday.

7 more victories to go.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-16-2011).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2011 02:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

The Canucks came from behind twice in the game to defeat the Sharks 3-2 in game 1 of their series. Lots of hard hitting, physical play. It's already more enjoyable than the Canucks/Predators series which was nothing but a defensive struggle.

I felt the Sharks tired in the last half of the game, perhaps due to their exhausting 7 game emotional series with Detroit.

All in all, looking good for Canucks fans. Game 2 in Vancouver on Wednesday.

7 more victories to go.

Well, both teams have a two day break. Maybe that will equalize the fatigue factor.

So you think that's what is was, not the Sharks just trying to sit on a lead?

One other thing - the Canucks might be a *faster* skating team vs. the Sharks' size. That might be a factor in this series.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2011 04:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Well, both teams have a two day break. Maybe that will equalize the fatigue factor.

Technically three days, as they don't play again until Wednesday.

So you think that's what is was, not the Sharks just trying to sit on a lead?

No, I don't think the Sharks were trying to sit on the lead as the Canucks were coming on before the end of the second period. That would've been a little early for the Sharks to start playing "kitty bar the door" hockey.

One other thing - the Canucks might be a *faster* skating team vs. the Sharks' size. That might be a factor in this series.

One thing I've loved about the Canucks this year is that despite them being "fast" and not necessarily "big" (and no "goons")... they HIT.

In previous years, the Sharks (always a big team) were often able to manhandle the Canucks.

I don't know what happened in the dressing room this year, but there are no passengers. Everyone keeps pushing and pushing, with no backing down from bigger teams. It's been fun to watch this year.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2011 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Wow, the Vancouver Canucks laid on an old fashioned kit shicking to the San Jose Sharks in game 2 of their series and whomped the spineless fish 7-3. The Canucks now lead this series 2-0 with game 3 to be played in the Shark Tank on Friday.

Shark player Ben Eager made a complete ass of himself taking multiple penalties which helped allow the Canucks to fill the net on the power play. He was nothing but a goon when he previously played for the Hawks, and apparently he continues in this role for the Sharks. Hope he gets suspended for trying to put Daniel Sedin through the boards, right in front of all the NHL brass who were in attendance at the game. Idiot.

6 more victories to go.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

We keep hearing reports up here that the Coyotes are leaving Phoenix and going to Winnipeg. Hope to see it happen.

There's been a surprisingly quick change of proceedings in the last day or so. The Coyotes are staying in Phoenix for at least another year, but...

The Atlanta Thrashers are moving to Winnipeg. Reports aren't confirmed yet, but it appears to be a done deal.

Another NHL team in Canada. Woo hoo!
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 01:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Wow, the Vancouver Canucks laid on an old fashioned kit shicking to the San Jose Sharks in game 2 of their series and whomped the spineless fish 7-3. The Canucks now lead this series 2-0 with game 3 to be played in the Shark Tank on Friday.

I'm glad I missed the game. Doesn't look like I missed much.

6 more victories to go.

F*** you. (Had to say it )

Another NHL team in Canada. Woo hoo!

About frackin' time. Canada should have 20 NHL teams. They'd fill every arena.

But seriously, you mentioned Hamilton, which if I remember correctly, is a Toronto suburb or something. What other cities would be viable NHL cities? Quebec City (why'd they leave, anyway?).

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 05-20-2011).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000
Story:

Hockey fans bubbling with excitement over prospect of NHL returning to Winnipeg

About 50 people — many wearing Winnipeg Jets jerseys — gathered at the downtown intersection of Portage and Main to celebrate late Thursday night. Many in the jubilant crowd waved flags bearing the old Jets logo and encouraged drivers to honk their horns, yelling "Go, Jets, Go."

Wow, I guess they were so excited that *everyone* in Winnipeg showed up!
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 01:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

About frackin' time. Canada should have 20 NHL teams. They'd fill every arena.

But seriously, you mentioned Hamilton, which if I remember correctly, is a Toronto suburb or something. What other cities would be viable NHL cities? Quebec City (why'd they leave, anyway?).

I wouldn't call Hamilton a suburb of Toronto, but they are relatively close to each other in the province of Ontario. Hamilton could support a team, as well as Quebec City and Winnipeg. At this point I believe these are realistically the only cities in Canada without NHL teams that have the population base to be financially viable. Toronto could probably support a second NHL team if you count the Leafs as one.

As I understand it, the reason why a couple of Canadian NHL teams failed in the past was because at the time, the Canadian dollar was worth less than 70 cents American. They couldn't compete with American teams (or wealthier Canadian teams) when bidding on and signing players. Now that the Canadian dollar is worth more than the US dollar, and with the American economy in the tank, the ice has tilted the other way.

F*** you. (Had to say it )

Heh heh, remember this from a few months ago? It's going to be sweet when the Canucks sink the Sharks.

Originally posted by fierobear from Here:

What, you gonna tell me you're a liberal AND you follow the Vancouver Theysucks?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 05-20-2011).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2011 01:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36420 posts
Member since Apr 99

About 50 people...

Wow, I guess they were so excited that *everyone* in Winnipeg showed up!

Well, it was probably after midnight local time when the news broke.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock