Started on: 04-08-2011 01:00 PM
Replies: 214
Last post by: Zeb on 05-01-2011 12:25 AM
Flamberge

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlambergeSend a Private Message to FlambergeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boondawg:

No, I hear my own voice tell me what to do, and it is always what I was gonna' do anyway, so that is how I know it is only my own voice.
And let me just say, I have never really felt 100% great about my choice.
Or it's results.

I am quite sure God has never spoke to me.
I'm not accusing, just saying.
That's his right.

Often our prayers are answered via other people. I know mine are.

Anyway, it sounds like you're leaning towards going back, at least based on this thread. Do the pros outweigh the cons? (I've been attacked by a moose so even visiting Alaska for me holds the same appeal as dropping a centipede down the back of my tucked in shirt. *shudder*)
IP: Logged
newf

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post
My advice is do whatever you feel is right and don't let anyone on an internet forum tell you. Doesn't hurt to listen to them and their knowledge of course but only you can decide what is right for you and yours IMO.

If you don't know what you really want, as Brad said flip a coin. If it lands on the side you really wanted you will be satisfied with that one flip, if lands on the side you didn't really want you will have the desire to keep flipping the coin. At least that's what I heard the other day.

I also think I remember you mentioning a young woman in your family that I'm sure would be very happy to see you return.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by newf:

I also think I remember you mentioning a young woman in your family that I'm sure would be very happy to see you return.

Now don't everyone jump all over me for saying this, but she seems to be doing just fine on her own from what Boonie's reported. Why take a chance of mucking it up?

I think Boonie is a great guy, so this is absolutely no knock on him, but sometimes people (in this case, his niece) need some room to find their own way.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2011 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

My advice is do whatever you feel is right and don't let anyone on an internet forum tell you. Doesn't hurt to listen to them and their knowledge of course but only you can decide what is right for you and yours IMO.

But how could that many people be wrong?
I mean, that many brains all thinking the same thing.....it's pretty powerfull.

If you don't know what you really want, as Brad said flip a coin. If it lands on the side you really wanted you will be satisfied with that one flip, if lands on the side you didn't really want you will have the desire to keep flipping the coin. At least that's what I heard the other day.

That's why i can't flip a coin.
Becouse I do that exact thing.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 04-10-2011).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2011 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by Patrick:

Now don't everyone jump all over me for saying this, but she seems to be doing just fine on her own from what Boonie's reported. Why take a chance of mucking it up?

I think Boonie is a great guy, so this is absolutely no knock on him, but sometimes people (in this case, his niece) need some room to find their own way.

That's pretty astute.
And very possable.
I can't discount it, that's for sure.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-10-2011 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by Flamberge:

Do the pros outweigh the cons?

Not according to most of you guys.
Or amost anyone else I talk to.

I could never show my face around here again, that's for sure!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 04-10-2011).]

OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
You have PM.
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

But how could that many people be wrong?
I mean, that many brains all thinking the same thing.....it's pretty powerfull.

Hey they might not be wrong, only you can decide and only you have all the knowledge to make your decision, you think anyone on here really knows or cares about you better than you?
newf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for newfSend a Private Message to newfDirect Link to This Post

newf

8704 posts
Member since Sep 2006

Maybe, I don't know the whole dynamic.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-11-2011 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by OKflyboy:

You have PM.

Answered.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

I could never show my face around here again, that's for sure!

Why not? It's your decision, your job, your income, your life --your right to run it as you chose.
(well, your's and your wife's I suppose)

I know a dozen or more PFF people who have changed states and jobs more than once since I've been here--done it myself--and have considered as recently as yesterday, chunking in everything, abandon all I've done in the last 5 yrs, throw up a 'for sale' sign and moving back to San Angelo.

PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-11-2011 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
This really is a Matrix moment.

"You take the blue pill - the adventure ends, you wake up in Alaska in your old bed and your old life. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."

Well, worded like that, it seems pretty easy.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-11-2011 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by maryjane:

and have considered as recently as yesterday, chunking in everything, abandon all I've done in the last 5 yrs, throw up a 'for sale' sign and moving back to San Angelo.

Wow, really?!
I notice you didn't need to seek advice here.
I wish I was that sure of myself.......
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

That's why i can't flip a coin.
Becouse I do that exact thing.

But, you'll find your answer of what you really want to do.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-11-2011 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

But, you'll find your answer of what you really want to do.

I think I already know what I WANT to do.
It's what I SHOULD DO that i'm having problems with.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Ahh.

I've had many people told me I shouldn't do certain things, and sometimes I went against them and benefited from it, while others I figured I should have listened. Whether good or bad, I always learned from my decisions, and they help me with future decisions.

Through everything I have ever done, I would never take a single thing back. Everything in my life has led up to now, and I can't imagine being anyone other than me in this body. Recognize your past, and use your own decisions--failures and accomplishments alike--to determine what the best course of action is for this decision.

Regardless, recognize that no matter what, your decision then becomes a part of you, and if you made any OTHER decision you wouldn't be you. Never regret, just learn and adapt.

Good luck to you.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Wow, really?!
I notice you didn't need to seek advice here.
I wish I was that sure of myself.......

Who said anything about being 'sure'--ever?

There are no certainties in life about anything--you make decisions based on need or want, or need and want and make the best of it once the decision is made. I made the decision to move back here in 5 minutes time based solely on a need--someone else's need, with no idea how I was going to accomplish anything--just felt my way (with God's help to find the way and the will), and believe me, there were mornings I sat on the steps of that old house up front in 2006-2007 and cried like a kid, because my own will was just exhausted. I never talked about it much, but it was the hardest thing i ever did--it was worse than my tour in Vietnam.
Xerces_Blackthorne

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post
Boonie, YGPM
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-11-2011 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

and believe me, there were mornings I sat on the steps of that old house up front in 2006-2007 and cried like a kid, because my own will was just exhausted. I never talked about it much, but it was the hardest thing i ever did--it was worse than my tour in Vietnam.

Wow.
I always think of you as perfect in thought and sure of every move you make.
It never dawned on me you were a failable human!

Kinda' like how a kid looks at his dad.
I was 30 before I realized my dad was just a man.
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-11-2011 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by Xerces_Blackthorne:

Boonie, YGPM

No I don't.

Now I do!

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 04-11-2011).]

Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

No I don't.

Now I do!

Definitely give me a yell if you are up for it, any time I'd actually love to chat with ya. I may not have as many years under my belt as you, my friend, but this:

speaks volumes to me.. I know the feeling and I have been there, many a time. I still am this way to an extent.
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-11-2011 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

YGPM

Answered.

Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

Answered.

Back atcha
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-11-2011 01:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Back atcha

And you.
Xerces_Blackthorne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Xerces_BlackthorneSend a Private Message to Xerces_BlackthorneDirect Link to This Post

And you.

Et tu

[This message has been edited by Xerces_Blackthorne (edited 04-11-2011).]

Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
Hey Boonie, I know I am dead to you right now but, if you trust these guys with the job offer to keep you around and not jack you around, it might be net good. Look at it this way, if you'd had the cash you'd be owning a certain guitar right now instead of my nephew. The money aspect can be be pretty important if the lifestyle that goes with it is good.

Good luck on your decision.

Arn
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-12-2011 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post
News spreads fast.
I have had 5 calls from different people in Alaska saying they heard I was comming back.
They said the owner of the center is very excited to be getting me in his machines.
And will pay for the move.

Although I have made no commitments as of yet.

The wife has made the desision that she is OK with whatever I do.
She wants me to be happy, and she wants to be out of debt.
Her only requirements are 2 vacations a year out of Alaska.
I negociated her down to 1 vacation and I will give up my albino-midget-amputee-transvestite-goat-pron.

Here is mainly where MY head is at this point; I would get to be my own boss again, comfortably doing what I know at my own pace.

All sides await my desision.

[This message has been edited by Boondawg (edited 04-12-2011).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

News spreads fast.
I have had 5 calls from different people in Alaska saying they heard I was comming back.
They said the owner of the center is very excited to be getting me in his machines.
And will pay for the move.

Although I have made no commitments as of yet.

Interesting tactic by the owner of the bowling center... spreading the news of your impending return.

Nothing like putting pressure on you by having your friends up there get all caught up in the excitement.

Remind us again... Just what have you got in writing up to this point?
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Well, ya just as well go ahead and make it--that decision, but ya might want to go ahead too, and throw in that extra vacation for the wife. She "wants you to be happy, but........
If she ain't happy, nobody's happy"
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-12-2011 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Nothing.

That comes this week, if I agree to move forward.
Rallaster

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RallasterSend a Private Message to RallasterDirect Link to This Post

Interesting tactic by the owner of the bowling center... spreading the news of your impending return.

Nothing like putting pressure on you by having your friends up there get all caught up in the excitement.

This is a very good question.

I've been following this 'quest' since your first post and everyone has good advice in their own right, but the only advice you truly need to follow is your own. I have faith that you will make the best decision for your family, regardless of what it is and that your friends and family will back you up and assist you however you need it to get your job as a family man done. I can't give you advice beyond "follow your wallet heart" because we are different people and as such our ways of doing things lead us in different directions.
PFF
System Bot
Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-12-2011 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Well, ya just as well go ahead and make it--that decision, but ya might want to go ahead too, and throw in that extra vacation for the wife. She "wants you to be happy, but........
If she ain't happy, nobody's happy"

You got THAT right!

I must say, she never ceases to amaze me.
She has always been a very remarkable person in my life.
Not becouse she seems to give me my lead, but becouse she has a love for me that I can actually feel.
And i never was no believer in that kind of thing.

Hey, maybe THAT is how God speaks to me.
Through her

(Man, I wish I would've NEVER thought of that!)
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

You got THAT right!

I must say, she never ceases to amaze me.
She has always been a very remarkable person in my life.
Not becouse she seems to give me my lead, but becouse she has a love for me that I can actually feel.
And i never was no believer in that kind of thing.

Hey, maybe THAT is how God speaks to me.
Through her

(Man, I wish I would've NEVER thought of that!)

"crouch Oh Minion of a husband--in thy loincloth at my feet and eat pork"

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 04-12-2011).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-12-2011 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

"crouch Oh Minion of a husband--in thy loincloth at my feet and eat pork"

No place (on earth) I would rather serve.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

Nothing.

That comes this week, if I agree to move forward.

Okay, now I'm really confused.

Are you saying you'll only get this offer in writing if you firstly agree "to move forward" (although that phrase could be open to interpretation)?

Would it not be prudent to have the offer in writing before making any critical decision?

Call me paranoid, but I'd want all the facts on the table in written form before I'd consider agreeing to anything as important as this.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Well you got to see Pink Floyd its time to go back home and die
FrugalFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FrugalFieroDirect Link to This Post

Hang on to this woman. Don't EVER let her go.

[This message has been edited by FrugalFiero (edited 04-12-2011).]

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-12-2011 03:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Okay, now I'm really confused.

Are you saying you'll only get this offer in writing if you firstly agree "to move forward" (although that phrase could be open to interpretation)?

Would it not be prudent to have the offer in writing before making any critical decision?

Call me paranoid, but I'd want all the facts on the table in written form before I'd consider agreeing to anything as important as this.

We are in the 'consideration' phase.
And timing & logistics. (which is far too complicated to even write about)

An offer has been made.
Now I need to counter offer with any additional requirements or concerns I might have.
Once we agree verbally to everything, then it will be all put down in writing.

I don't know how it is supposed to work, but Alaska bowling isn't exactly corporate with a legal office and such.
We start with a verbal handshake, then finish up with the contract to reconize, finalize, and bind the parties to the contents of the verbal handshake that is reflected in the contract.

I have complete faith in the process.

Boondawg

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post04-12-2011 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoondawgSend a Private Message to BoondawgDirect Link to This Post

Boondawg

38235 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by FrugalFiero:

Hang on to this woman. Don't EVER let her go.

Well, not EVERYTHING.
I can't date......

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2011 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickDirect Link to This Post

I have complete faith in the process.

Yep, start packing the dishes... the Boonster is headed north.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 6 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock