Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  I am leaving the forum for good. Too many Ignorant people. (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
I am leaving the forum for good. Too many Ignorant people. by Ramsespride
Started on: 03-05-2011 09:30 PM
Replies: 158
Last post by: Blacktree on 03-12-2011 02:26 AM
fastblack

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierosound:

Not talking specifically about the OP, but it seems some people have to post all the "drama" that happens in their soap opera life here on O/T and some have +13,000 posts in 24 months! Why? No off-line friends to talk to?

Those that feel they have to spout ALL their opinions on every topic should be prepared to find that not everyone will agree with them. If they start an argument everytime their "pet subject" comes up, it doesn't really benefit anyone. Just learn to "agree to disagree" and leave it at that.

IP: Logged
theBDub

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

Ram? PK? Fag? Bdub?

Lol you do realize that I read almost every single thread right? Now go through and see how many I've posted in.......

I've had two times in my life while on this forum that were just game changers for me, so I have posted quite a bit of my personal info just to share with the community. Like someone else said in an earlier post in this thread.. this isn't just a random car forum. It's a community.

But yeah, I've had some immature moments on here. Actually, more than some. Quite a few.... and I am sorry about that. I am in a pretty good time in my life right now though, and I don't think you'll be seeing much of my [w]itching about my life anytime soon

If you have a problem with current posts, however, PM me so I can do what I can to change that.
fastblack

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theBDub:

If you have a problem with current posts, however, PM me so I can do what I can to change that.

If everybody here did this, it would be a much nicer place (not to say the this isn't a nice place to begin with).
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post
This thread might end up here......

Not if she can help it though...

theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post
And Christian, until recently, I had never seen anyone bash you, or you bash anyone. WTH happened in the past couple months? I don't remember you in political threads before I took my leave of absence... now you're all over the place bashing Republicans?

If you're at a rough time in your life, message me on Facebook or something. Take a break from here, get your life in order without all of the social media going on... and then return when you're healthy again. I needed to do that... it helped me a lot.

This forum is great as long as you can be respectful. I don't like when people bash Democrats by calling them names... it's childish and rude. And I don't like when people bash Republicans by calling them names... because Republicans are right!

But seriously... just take a break, and we'll see you on here in a few months.
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2011 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

theBDub

9688 posts
Member since May 2010

Originally posted by fastblack:
If everybody here did this, it would be a much nicer place (not to say the this isn't a nice place to begin with).

I feel you... I should have done it a few times but I've been immature in the past. I have had people PM me with stuff and it meant a LOT more than just another post. Idk why. I guess it's because it's more personal and they really meant it to go to YOU.
blackrams

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:
Ram? PK? Fag? Bdub?

Huh?

------------------
Ron

twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post
You never leave someone behind; you take a part of them with you and leave a part of yourself behind
-Unknown
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blackrams:

Huh?

I think ls3mach doesn't like me because from his point of view, he sees naivety and immaturity in many of my posts.

I think it started in one of faaaaq's threads here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum6/HTML/078255.html
Because I didn't like this kind of talk:

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Heh. You really are a sh1t stain on the underwear of life. As I stated before, an oxygen thief. But that's okay, you are obviously a part of the natural selection process, and will be puked out of the system before too long. Dammit, when will they ever start making people get licenses to breed? This assclown could have been avoided.

being said to any member of our forum. And yes, I know I'm quoting one of the most respected members of the forum.

But from ls3mach's point of view, I was defending someone I shouldn't have been defending. I was giving him my name when I hardly knew him, which was just not a very wise decision in his mind. I think differently about it, but that's besides the point.

I can't speak for why he doesn't like the rest mentioned, but we are all on the younger side of the forum, so I'm sure it's all just immaturity showing in our posts. Oh well, ya can't let that stuff get to you. It is interesting to look back and figure out when and why people started to not like you though.
weaselbeak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 08:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Formula88:

Any failures of a previous president doesn't excuse failures of the current one.
Democrats act like Obama's a messiah that's going to save the world in one breath, then in the next set the bar for success as being not quite as horrible as a guy they called the worst president in history.

Don't raise that bar too high.

You don't remember the recession that started long before Obama was elected, and was spiralling into a depression fast when he was inaugurated? You don't remember the millions losing jobs every MONTH? The stock market had already dove to 8900 from a high of 14,000 by that time. Everything was bleak. 2 years later the market has doubled from it's low, and 200,000 jobs were ADDED last month. If you wish to blame Obama for every tiny ailment you don't like, then he must also receive credit for the other side of the ledger. We wouldn't have these huge money holes in the treasury if it weren't for 2 incredibly stupid wars (about 5000 dollars per second), and we wouldn't have the unemployment if the corporations would quit sitting on the billions they've made the last two years, stop harbouring TRILLIONS in the Caymen island accounts, and start paying something in taxes. Exxon-Mobile made 19 billion last year and paid ZIP, and we still subsidise big oil. 25% of US corporations paid NO taxes last year. You would notice if you weren't so busy studying false Kenyan birth certificates.

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by weaselbeak:

You don't remember the recession that started long before Obama was elected, and was spiralling into a depression fast when he was inaugurated? You don't remember the millions losing jobs every MONTH? The stock market had already dove to 8900 from a high of 14,000 by that time. Everything was bleak. 2 years later the market has doubled from it's low, and 200,000 jobs were ADDED last month. If you wish to blame Obama for every tiny ailment you don't like, then he must also receive credit for the other side of the ledger. We wouldn't have these huge money holes in the treasury if it weren't for 2 incredibly stupid wars (about 5000 dollars per second), and we wouldn't have the unemployment if the corporations would quit sitting on the billions they've made the last two years, stop harbouring TRILLIONS in the Caymen island accounts, and start paying something in taxes. Exxon-Mobile made 19 billion last year and paid ZIP, and we still subsidise big oil. 25% of US corporations paid NO taxes last year. You would notice if you weren't so busy studying false Kenyan birth certificates.

I didn't want to say it, but I guess you're right... these problems DID happen as soon as the Democrats took control of the house and the senate in 2006. The economy has been going down EVER since. All of their spending bills they proposed, the massive debt created by the house and senate from 2006 to present is actually significantly more than anything this country has ever seen before. Under the "rule" of Nancy Pelosi, the national debt DOUBLED... seriously... what took 228 years to reach 7 trillion, Nancy Pelosi managed to bring it to 14 trillion by the 232 year mark. Imagine that... in the last 4 years, more debt has been created than the entire history of the United States from George Washington through President Clinton and the entire first term of President Bush.

We owe that all to Nancy Pelosi...

You're right... I'm glad you reminded me... i totally forgot about that. I guess it's not only this administration's fault, but also Nancy Pelosi... and of course, Bush for signing off on everything that Pelosi proposed in the house.

------------------
Todd,
2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4x2
2002 Ford Explorer Sport 2dr 4x2
2002 Ford Crown Victoria LX
1987 Pontiac Fiero SE / V6
1973 Volkswagen Type-2 Transporter

PFF
System Bot
Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
well, ya let them self-important blow-hards get to ya, eh?
not like your gonna see this post anyways - so - thats that

maybe read some mother teresa quotes:
People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.

lol - and - yes, it is funny to see people getting negs for posts in O/T.....
I was just lucky enough to have been endlessly helpful in Tech, so my not being a republican doesnt get me banned....
weaselbeak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
I didn't want to say it, but I guess you're right... these problems DID happen as soon as the Democrats took control of the house and the senate in 2006. The economy has been going down EVER since. All of their spending bills they proposed, the massive debt created by the house and senate from 2006 to present is actually significantly more than anything this country has ever seen before. Under the "rule" of Nancy Pelosi, the national debt DOUBLED... seriously... what took 228 years to reach 7 trillion, Nancy Pelosi managed to bring it to 14 trillion by the 232 year mark. Imagine that... in the last 4 years, more debt has been created than the entire history of the United States from George Washington through President Clinton and the entire first term of President Bush....[QUOTE]

Selective revisionist history. Things do not move that fast. Nothing done by the dems who took office in 2007, not 2006, could have caused the immediate collapse of the economy. It was the chickens coming home to roost for the previous 6 years of total irresponsibility by the GOP. McCain himself said they spent like drunken sailors, all the while giving the wealthy 2 massive tax breaks and that reduction in federal revenue is the source of our current mess, along with the wars. Blaming the democrats is a joke. The dems had no choice but to dump a buttload of money into the economy to save YOUR job. Not that you get it.

[This message has been edited by weaselbeak (edited 03-07-2011).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
To people who can't be decent for any reason, including in things like politics.
Not naming names, but whoever is "that way", you ruin it for everyone. You are not liked or admired for it.
Maybe you inspire disappointment at best.

To people who want to leave because of some jerks on a forum, stick around, how will things ever change if voices of opposition run away?

2 cents

Bradley Jay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayDirect Link to This Post
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

I can't speak for why he doesn't like the rest mentioned, but we are all on the younger side of the forum, so I'm sure it's all just immaturity showing in our posts. Oh well, ya can't let that stuff get to you. It is interesting to look back and figure out when and why people started to not like you though.

Glad I avoided his scorn!
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

Glad I avoided his scorn!

PK, Ramses, faaaaq, and I are all fairly outspoken about our youth. You... you're a little more... secretive
TommyRocker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TommyRockerSend a Private Message to TommyRockerDirect Link to This Post

PK, Ramses, faaaaq, and I are all fairly outspoken about our youth. You... you're a little more... secretive

heheheehehe.....
theBDub

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theBDubSend a Private Message to theBDubDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TommyRocker:

heheheehehe.....

I forgot about you too.

I'm not alone!
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post
Outspoken is fine. We all were in our youth and it's a part of growing up. " Challenge the Establishment!! ". Just don't overdo it. When we disagree, we'll tell you and have a conversation. You may hear from several members who have ' been there and done that ' and we'll explain why we think like we do. Whether or not you take the advice is up to you but for the most part it's civil and friendly. We're a community here...not just a car forum. We try to help each other out whether it's car advice or family advice....or personal advice. Happens each and every day. Make a mistake? Called out on it? Fine....admit it and move on. We all make mistakes. We will all make more mistakes. Part of life.

Mark
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Selective revisionist history. Things do not move that fast. Nothing done by the dems who took office in 2007, not 2006, could have caused the immediate collapse of the economy. It was the chickens coming home to roost for the previous 6 years of total irresponsibility by the GOP. McCain himself said they spent like drunken sailors, all the while giving the wealthy 2 massive tax breaks and that reduction in federal revenue is the source of our current mess, along with the wars. Blaming the democrats is a joke. The dems had no choice but to dump a buttload of money into the economy to save YOUR job. Not that you get it.

I'll make it real simple for you.

http://www.treasurydirect.g.../histdebt_histo5.htm

Shows the debt from 2000 to 2010. Nancy Pelosi was in charge in the House, and proposed most of the spending bills from Jan 1st 2007 all the way through to Jan 1st 2011.

If you want to base it on when they pass the budget, she's responsible for all the debt from Septemper 30th, through September 30th of 2011, except that no budget was ever created in 2010... we're running without a budget right now.

So the debt accrued during Nancy Pelosi's time is over 5 trillion dollars in 4 years... as apposed to the previous 6 years, which only accrued 3 trillion.

Bush is responsible because he passed every single thing that Nancy Pelosi asked for.

As a Democrat, you should be well aware of how horrible Nancy Pelosi is. Most of my friends who are Democrats don't like Pelosi either... but it seems to me that you're a party-line Democrat.

It's not good to be so beholden to "your party" because it makes you oblivious (or delusional) to the idiocies of your party.

I don't know why you guys (and everyone else) automatically assumes I'm such a hard-core Republican / Conservative. I'm registered Republican, and always have been, and while I've always ONLY voted for a Republican president, I've voted twice for a Democrat Senator (same guy, two terms), once for a Democrat House representative, I support gay rights, and I'm an environmentalist.

It's obvious to me that you're the delusional one. Stop being so beholden to your party... when they're wrong, you have to be able to recognize it... you're entire defense right now of your party is "well... the other side did it too..." Can you not realize how lame that is?

It's just so ridiuclous to me that you guys criticize Bush so much for his spending spree in his last two years of presidency (according to the US Treasure .GOV website I posted a link to above), when the only thing Bush was guilty of, was signing off on all the legislation that Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid passed. SERIOUSLY... PLEASE look at this for a minute and explain to me how you can sit there and criticize Bush for his spending???

In the last two years of his presidency, where more than 60% of his spending occured... Bush was guilty of AGREEING to, and signing off on all the liberal legislation that YOU agree with. IE: increasing food stamp programs, increasing funding for the Equal Housing Lender Program, increasing funding for the Department of Education, increasing funding for Medicaid and Medicare, etc... etc... if you agree with all of that, then how can you criticize Bush for passing all of that crap?

I just wonder if you're even aware of the ridiuclous hipocracy.

As much as you hate him for going to war in Iraq, Bush was a hard-core liberal when it came to spending on welfare programs. Whatever Nancy wanted, he passed... and here you're criticizing him for it?

You REALLY need to think long and hard about what it means to you to be a Democrat... because I'm of the impression you don't even know what you support or believe. I think you're just like so many other people who were raised to believe in the party that their parents (or friends) told them to vote for... and you'll blindly follow them regardless of what they do.

------------------
Todd,

PFF
System Bot
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Um...Todd, you didn't revise history to fit HIS agenda....shame on you.

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post

Selective revisionist history. Things do not move that fast. Nothing done by the dems who took office in 2007, not 2006, could have caused the immediate collapse of the economy. It was the chickens coming home to roost for the previous 6 years of total irresponsibility by the GOP.(*1) McCain himself said they spent like drunken sailors, all the while giving the wealthy 2 massive tax breaks and that reduction in federal revenue is the source of our current mess, along with the wars.(*2) Blaming the democrats is a joke. The dems had no choice but to dump a buttload of money into the economy to save YOUR job.(*3) Not that you get it.

1 - Both sides were irresponsible the way I see it.

2 - I agree that spending like drunken sailors has hurt our economy greatly. I disagree that taxing the wealthy would have prevented it. We also don't tax the wealthy in this country. We tax on income not wealth. The Democrats want the spin to be tax the wealthy. Unless somehow we are going to come up with a new tax code this isn't possible.

3 - It didn't work. What it did do is put the bill on our children's shoulders.

What this government (both state and federal) needs to do is what every household has already done. Control costs. Spend within their means. Spend on the programs that will make a difference. Get efficient. Stop being stupid.

Chris - While we come from different sides on some of these issues, what I respect about you is that you are speaking your mind. You are trying to make a difference. I don't believe you are for 'using the government' for your own or your parties means. You are willing to speak your mind.

I have more respect for a neighbor who has a yard sign for a candidate I don't support than one who has none.

Yes there are a lot of people on here who are more than willing to go to attack mode when they disagree with what you say. That is bullshit. But we need both sides to talk. Both sides to present facts. Both sides to discuss the ISSUES at hand.

It helps taking a break from here. Things can get pretty heated. There are people on both sides who will attempt to take this personal and they shouldn't. There are some on my side who simply put embarrass me. There are others who will put up some good convincing arguments based on facts.

Think about this. As you know presenting your opinions on a forum that largely thinks different from you is the best way to swing opinions. It's also the best way to enlighten your own. At the end of it all we hope the best ideas prevail. We all understand they may not be our own.

I've dropped facebook friends who are ignorant. Who's base thinking appears to be so one sided that they can't see anything but their own side's rhetoric. There is a point where you realize you are talking to someone who totally isn't hearing anything you say. The best thing in that case may be just to ignore them, using whatever means works for you.

The battle is not won or lost on one fight.
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzDirect Link to This Post

phonedawgz

17091 posts
Member since Dec 2009
Oh one more thing. The truth is not about youthful thinking or not. The truth is the truth. I don't see where any of this has anything to do if your younger or not. I try to hold my tongue some if I know the recipient is a high schooler or younger. Beyond that we are all adults. Yeah I might think your opinions are flavored with youthful thinking, but if they make sense they make sense. If I disagree I disagree. I really don't get where so many on here keep on bringing up youth. That's really bs also.

Again I think it all comes down to the fact that we ALL should respect what is said, if it's said from a younger adult, a middle aged adult, or an older adult. Maybe if anything I will say some of the more mature adults are the ones who should realize this the most. The older we are the more we have seen crappy things happen to people. The more we have seen that, the more WE should realize that it should not be US who are the ones who are delivering the truck load of crap onto others.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post03-07-2011 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
It's like a mental sickness, the desire to turn every thread into a political thread. Exhibitionistic political masturbation, in the most literal sense. In a way, it's little-different than the Westboro church folks and the way they behave in public venues, somehow believing that their stink is welcome everywhere.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

It's like a mental sickness, the desire to turn every thread into a political thread. Exhibitionistic political masturbation, in the most literal sense. In a way, it's little-different than the Westboro church folks and the way they behave in public venues, somehow believing that their stink is welcome everywhere.

The mental illness is shared by you since you continue to post in them despite the fact that you say how much you hate them.

I know, I know... you think I'm being a mean hard-core Republican that's beholden to my party-line.

------------------
Todd,

1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

You do realize that he called out Republicans in his goodbye right? He brought politics into it in his first post.

I know, I wish he wouldn't have stunk up his good bye with his namecalling, but do you really expect those that he called 'scum' to just let it go?
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post

The irony of your post is breath-taking.

I guess this really applies to Jazzman's contributions in this thread, considering that he hates politics.

Originally posted by Jazzman

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 03-07-2011).]

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post03-07-2011 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
I think that the most important thought we 'Older' Members should keep alive in our minds, is the fact that, when WE were 'kids' or 'young'uns', we didn't have a place where we could go and shout out loud our 'innermost thoughts' with total abandon, with nothing but typed words to hurt us, and the young nowadays are so familiar with internet sites and how it works, they don't even think about it. For THEM, it is just THERE. When we were kids, we were lucky to be invited to even make a COMMENT on what the 'older' Folks were discussing amongst themselves, let alone to be actually HEARD. Totally different scenario today, and perhaps some of us just haven't adjusted to that aspect of 'Forum discussions'.
Nick

[This message has been edited by fierofetish (edited 03-07-2011).]

1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofetish:

I think that the most important thought we 'Older' Members should keep alive in our minds, is the fact that, when WE were 'kids' or 'young'uns', we didn't have a place where we could go and shout out loud our 'innermost thoughts' with total abandon, with nothing but typed words to hurt us, and the young nowadays are so familiar with internet sites and how it works, they don't even think about it. For THEM, it is just THERE. When we were kids, we were lucky to be invited to even make a COMMENT on what the 'older' Folks were discussing amongst themselves, let alone to be actually HEARD. Totally different scenario today, and perhaps some of us just haven't adjusted to that aspect of 'Forum discussions'.
Nick

Man, it really would have been horrible if we would have lost your presence from this forum. Great post!

Its so true, if I walked past a bunch of 30-40-50-something year olds that were talking about Governor Scott Walker, I would be hesitant to just go up and voice my opinion. Not so with this forum, and I think that is a benefit to both generations, being able to hear each other's opinions and ideas.

weaselbeak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakDirect Link to This Post
"3 - It didn't work. What it did do is put the bill on our children's shoulders."..............................................................................................................
Yes, it did work.

[This message has been edited by weaselbeak (edited 03-07-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
twofatguys

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 1988holleyformula:

Man, it really would have been horrible if we would have lost your presence from this forum. Great post!

Its so true, if I walked past a bunch of 30-40-50-something year olds that were talking about Governor Scott Walker, I would be hesitant to just go up and voice my opinion. Not so with this forum, and I think that is a benefit to both generations, being able to hear each other's opinions and ideas.

Ahh, but that is the key. You have to actually listen to the other side. The thread that brought this about was the "poster child" for one side not listening to the other. I mean, I was called "just another rich guy".

If you see a group of people that are voicing opinions that you don't agree with, you can say something, but it's not proper, or wise, to walk up to them, and start screaming that they are stupid, or any of the other names that were called.

I've "interrupted" groups just like you said. No long term effects, the key is to be polite, yet firm. Listen, and honestly listen to what they say.

In the "real world" I wouldn't put up with someone talking to me like members in that thread did. Both of us would be sitting in jail, and if the other side is lucky they wouldn't have to visit the hospital first.

Before that's taken out of context. I do not seek out violence, but if someone was to get in my face, and call me the names that the members in that thread did to me, and others. They had better be ready to physically defend themselves. I like Ramses, as well as others on this forum that I may not agree with on everything. However, he did a lot of screaming, and yelling, only to run away because of "hate".

Get over yourselves.

Brad
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaDirect Link to This Post
Exactly Brad. To be able to listen to an opposing viewpoint with respect, and to be able to voice an unpopular opinion with respect, two skills that are sometimes lacking around here. And as soon as an unpopular opinion is voiced in a rude or disrespectful manner, it can be real hard for the opposing party not to come back with something just as rude.
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Im leaving this thread for good, too many.... well you get the idea
carnut122

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Direct Link to This Post
Is he back yet?
Shananigans

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShananigansSend a Private Message to ShananigansDirect Link to This Post
Then leave, I don't get the best reception here either. You don't see me crying about it.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
I have to get something off my chest. I have gone completely apeshit over the Schwan's Chocolate Sunday Crunch Bars. I just can't put the damn things down. I just can't leave them for good...

USFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2011 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for USFieroSend a Private Message to USFieroDirect Link to This Post
The next time he posts he will have done a 180 turn and will come back a 'new conservative.' Not smarter, just in a different camp.
starlightcoupe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeDirect Link to This Post
Off topic but still on topic: Phonedawgz is right. Both parties are to blame for the huge increase in the national debt. Pelosi was speaker of the house in 2007 but the Democratic senate didn't have a veto proof majority. That combination allowed GW Bush to send legislation back that he didn't agree with or to sign. He signed it, therefore going along with Pelosi, and company.

Edit: Translation for the literally interpretive group: Bush signed budget legislation that resulted in an increase in the national debt as passed by the Democrats and a large number of Republicans.

[This message has been edited by starlightcoupe (edited 03-08-2011).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2011 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

When adults are having conversations, it sometimes turns to politics. Other adults make adult decisions, such as deciding to stop participating in a conversation that they don't care to be a part of by hitting the back button on their browser.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock