Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Tina Fey is Baaaack! Palin suppling SNL with plenty of one lined zingers. (Page 1)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
Tina Fey is Baaaack! Palin suppling SNL with plenty of one lined zingers. by madcurl
Started on: 04-11-2010 12:13 PM
Replies: 126
Last post by: madcurl on 08-04-2010 06:52 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Tina Fey is Baaaaack! No doubt Palin will supply plenty of one line zingers for the comedian.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-b...nment/e212640D61.DTL

She's back and wearing leather.

Tina Fey reprised her impression of Sarah Palin on "Saturday Night Live" while hosting the NBC sketch comedy show Saturday night. It was Fey's first performance as the former Alaska governor since her iconic impressions during the 2008 presidential campaign when Palin was the Republican vice presidential candidate.

Fey appeared as Palin in a sketch introducing a mock "Sarah Palin Network," satirizing Palin's entry into media. Palin recently launched the program "Real American Stories" on Fox News Channel and will soon begin production on "Sarah Palin's Alaska," an eight-part series for TLC.

Appearing as Palin in a leather jacket with an American flag pin, Fey introduced a lineup of shows like "Tea Party Wheel of Fortune" (the puzzle read "Obamar is a terrist"), "Are You Smarter than a Half-Term Governor?" and "30 Main Street," a parody of her own "30 Rock."

Other fake shows included "Hey Journalist, I Gotcha," in which Palin re-edited interviews to make it look like her interviewers — like CBS' Katie Couric — were "woefully unprepared." Also touted was a spinoff starring husband Todd Palin (played on "SNL" by cast member Jason Sudeikis) as a renegade police officer transferred from Alaska to New York.

Fey made four appearances in 2008 as Palin, earning her an Emmy last year for guest actor. She was also voted 2008's AP Entertainer of the Year. The 39-year-old comedian said the whole experience was "a little overwhelming," but in a recent interview with The Associated Press, she said reprising Palin was "inevitable."

Shortly before the 2008 election, Palin made a cameo appearance on "SNL" alongside Fey. Afterward, Palin said she had fun on the show and would do it again if asked. In her memoir, "Going Rogue," Palin wrote that she grew up watching "SNL."

Fey, who was a cast member and head writer on "SNL" before leaving to create "30 Rock" on NBC, had plenty of other fodder for her second stint hosting "SNL."

She played a new gum-smacking blond analyst for CBS' coverage of the Masters, claiming to be a former girlfriend of Tiger Woods.

Fey also appeared in a sketch with the show's musical guest, the 16-year-old pop sensation Justin Bieber. Fey played a lonely teacher haunted by sexual fantasies of the young Bieber.
Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-b...61.DTL#ixzz0koCE4Nsh

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't call them zingers... The first joke or two were funny but -like every SNL skit in the last few years- it just carried on far too long.

When the sketch just becomes about itself, it isn't funny anymore.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I gave it all the credit it warranted---took about 1/2 second.
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
They'll try to tear her down any way they can.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 10:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:

They'll try to tear her down any way they can.

It wasn't super funny but it was funny. You would have laughed your ass off if it was a liberal.
You couldn't be impartial if I paid you.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2010 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

It wasn't super funny but it was funny. You would have laughed your ass off if it was a liberal.
You couldn't be impartial if I paid you.

Nope. I just see the big picture. You may be right, just let them take over and run things into the ground. Then, when this country runs out of money to spend buying votes, their plan will collapse like a house of cards.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2010 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2010 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post
Just proves who they are afraid of.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 02:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by texasfiero:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/...re_us/us_palin_fence
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
bah... none of the links work.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/...re_us/us_palin_fence

Don't you find it a bit disturbing that this guy moved in there, Curly?

PFF
System Bot
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post05-28-2010 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

I find it much more disturbing that she is building a giant fence on her property. I saw the news about it the other day, and did not see any permits taped to any windows? Maybe Wassila does not have laws regarding fences like the rest of America?
I find it way more disturbing that palin quit her job as governer. I find it way more disturbing that folks actually think that she would make a great president. I always vote for the quitter. What excuses are you going to provide for her? It is easier to ask forgiveness, than ask permission. Don't you see that what is going on right now? She may be on my side of the House, but she does not get my support.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

I find it much more disturbing that she is building a giant fence on her property. I saw the news about it the other day, and did not see any permits taped to any windows? Maybe Wassila does not have laws regarding fences like the rest of America?

You're making some assumptions.

What excuses are you going to provide for her? It is easier to ask forgiveness, than ask permission. Don't you see that what is going on right now? She may be on my side of the House, but she does not get my support.

I don't need any excuses, and neither does she. The liberal hatchet machine was filing dozens of baseless lawsuits against her. It was taking time and state resources to fight them. She stepped down, and the lawsuits stopped.

Sarah Palin resignation text

Political operatives descended on Alaska last August, digging for dirt. The ethics law I championed became their weapon of choice. Over the past nine months I've been accused of all sorts of frivolous ethics violations – such as holding a fish in a photograph, wearing a jacket with a logo on it, and answering reporters’ questions.

Every one – all 15 of the ethics complaints have been dismissed. We’ve won! But it hasn't been cheap - the State has wasted thousands of hours of your time and shelled out some two million of your dollars to respond to “opposition research” – that’s money not going to fund teachers or troopers – or safer roads. And this political absurdity, the “politics of personal destruction” … Todd and I are looking at more than half a million dollars in legal bills in order to set the record straight. And what about the people who offer up these silly accusations? It doesn’t cost them a dime so they’re not going to stop draining public resources – spending other peoples’ money in their game.

It’s pretty insane – my staff and I spend most of our day dealing with this instead of progressing our state now. I know I promised no more “politics as usual,” but this isn’t what anyone had in mind for Alaska.

================================

Another article...

FNC Highlights Baseless Lawsuits Hitting Palin

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 05-28-2010).]

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
I suspect that writer Joe McGinnis is a potential peeping Tom, so the fence will keep his prying eyes off the daughter's bedroom window.
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-28-2010 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
So, next time that I feel people are accusing me of any wrongdoing, I can just quit! Cool. I wonder what would happen if she becomes president? Oh, my! Just imagine, someone talking about her daughters oops, the condom broke kid?

As far as making assumptions.....I have always had to pull permits. No matter what city, state, or county I have worked in.

She always misdirects her questions asked of her. She crys that the media is too rough on her, and her family. Well, yeah. Teen pregnancy is always an issue.....until it happens to palin.

And as far as this author moving next door.....Creeepy? Yes. Illegal? No. Even the officer says that there is no legal issue about this man renting a home next door to palin. Palin mentioned something about the guy looking into her daughters window. This guy has never proven to be a peeping tom. Fierobear, you ASSUMED the worst from this guy when you asked, "Don't you find it a bit disturbing that this guy moved in there, Curly?"

Like I stated earlier, she is not on the same team as me. A little scary for me to say this, but BO is better for president than Palin would ever be!
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by texasfiero:

or, its an easy poke to rile the Tea Club
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post
Cons:
She left office before her term expired.

Pros:
She saved the people of Alaska millions of dollars in legal fees in defending herself from the left. Geroge Soros involvement?
She allowed someone who won't be a negative focal point to serve the people of Alaska.
Joy Bahar, Chris Matthews, Keith Olberman, David Letterman, and Katie Couric hate her.

I don't think we've seen the true Sarah Palin yet. She was controlled by the McCain Mafia during the campaign and her character, personality distorted by those who are so angered by 'hate speech'.

She has the courage and intellegence to go toe-to-toe with what is wrong with our government. THAT she has proven.

Those who can't express their opinion in any other way but *ILF should get over themselves.

She has my vote

edit: added David Letterman. He has all the qualifications to comment on Sarah Palin and should be added to the list!

[This message has been edited by texasfiero (edited 05-28-2010).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

So, next time that I feel people are accusing me of any wrongdoing, I can just quit! Cool. I wonder what would happen if she becomes president? Oh, my! Just imagine, someone talking about her daughters oops, the condom broke kid?

No, she did the responsible thing. If she were President, she's have more resources to defend herself. Besides - can you even sue a sitting president?

As far as making assumptions.....I have always had to pull permits. No matter what city, state, or county I have worked in.

OK. Do you have evidence she didn't get permits, or that they are even required?

She always misdirects her questions asked of her. She crys that the media is too rough on her, and her family. Well, yeah. Teen pregnancy is always an issue.....until it happens to palin.

The media has gone out of it's way with Palin. And since when are politician's family members fair game? Do you agree with that?

And as far as this author moving next door.....Creeepy? Yes. Illegal? No. Even the officer says that there is no legal issue about this man renting a home next door to palin. Palin mentioned something about the guy looking into her daughters window. This guy has never proven to be a peeping tom. Fierobear, you ASSUMED the worst from this guy when you asked, "Don't you find it a bit disturbing that this guy moved in there, Curly?"

No, I never said it was a legal issue. Neither did Palin. Does she not have a right to privacy in her own home? Does she not have the right to protect her children? And I didn't assume anything. I've heard Palin interviewed, and she stated her concerns. The guy is writing a book ABOUT HER. Why would you move next to some one unless you thought there was something to be learned about that person by living there? C'mon, be reasonable.

Like I stated earlier, she is not on the same team as me. A little scary for me to say this, but BO is better for president than Palin would ever be!

Oh, geez, you've got to be KIDDING! You'd rather have this Marxist as president? I guess we don't have much to say to each other.

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-28-2010 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
**"Maybe Wassila does not have laws regarding fences like the rest of America?" Stated earlier...**
**"The media has gone out of it's way with Palin. And since when are politician's family members fair game? Do you agree with that?" Fierobear

I agree that her family should be considered. If she can't put a leash on her daughter, how well will she do being pres? Yes, my opinion. But, family life should take prescidence over your job. If you cannot control your own family, then how is she going to control a nation?**

**It drives me nuts that folks see her as the next messiah! Party lines don't mean shat to me when she is so blatently illequipped to lead this nation. She quit! I don't care that she saved millions of taxpayer dollars. The people of Alaska chose her for their governer. She quit! Oh, I am sorry to knock your little princess, but would you not be upset if your lady quit in the middle a blow j.............?**

**"Oh, geez, you've got to be KIDDING! You'd rather have this Marxist as president? I guess we don't have much to say to each other."

Alright, I get your point on this statement. I would rather have neither of them in office.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Yep. It's a bit too close for my comfort, especially next door or for that matter; on the same block. I wouldn't be surprised if he has some type of listening device rigged up in his house. It's the price you have to pay if you're a celeb/gov and the other neighbors in the area have to bare. As for the tall fence--my goodness! That's a eye sore and you couldn't erect one in my neighborhood regardless of one's previous status. Either way, it's great material for SNL.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

I agree that her family should be considered. If she can't put a leash on her daughter, how well will she do being pres? Yes, my opinion. But, family life should take prescidence over your job. If you cannot control your own family, then how is she going to control a nation?**

Wow, control? Really? How many parents have such *control* over their teenagers? Are you serious?

**It drives me nuts that folks see her as the next messiah! Party lines don't mean shat to me when she is so blatently illequipped to lead this nation. She quit! I don't care that she saved millions of taxpayer dollars. The people of Alaska chose her for their governer. She quit! Oh, I am sorry to knock your little princess, but would you not be upset if your lady quit in the middle a blow j.............?**

I can't speak for others, but I don't see her as a "messiah". I don't believe *any* person can be that, and I don't look to politicians in that way. I simply expect them to be people of honor, integrity, honesty, and to do what's best for the country. I believe that Sarah could do a fine job as president.

As for her resigning, I've posted her statements, and it is well documented that she was relentlessly hounded by the liberal media and by frivolous lawsuits. Those are facts. If you've decided to judge her otherwise, that's your choice.

Alright, I get your point on this statement. I would rather have neither of them in office.

I'd vote for Palin because she's a real person, and I believe her to be honest. Obama isn't. The list of well-documented lies, falsehoods and broken promises is disturbingly long. Is there a better choice than Palin? Perhaps. But Obama is clearly dishonest and out of his depth.
PFF
System Bot
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

It's the price you have to pay if you're a celeb/gov and the other neighbors in the area have to bare.

I *strongly* disagree with this. You can examine and criticize public officials at their job all you want, but leave their family, their home and their personal lives out of it.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

I *strongly* disagree with this. You can examine and criticize public officials at their job all you want, but leave their family, their home and their personal lives out of it.

I agree, but Palin crossed the line when she wanted to become a "wannabee celeb" now. TV deals, books, and reality shows is were she's making her big bucks.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

I agree, but Palin crossed the line when she wanted to become a "wannabee celeb" now. TV deals, books, and reality shows is were she's making her big bucks.

Assuming for the moment that you are correct about her wanting to be a "celebrity", I also disagree that celebrities' personal lives should be invaded.

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-28-2010 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Fierobear..... I am definately serious about her not being able to control her own family. What, did her daughter's, babie's, daddy slip and fall on some Wasilla ice? I understand that you cannot have complete control over everything that they do. But, if you are going to be in the public's service, especially the roll that she is gunning for, then yes, you should have an upstanding family. Nice roll model when your children are having children.

And Palin is a wannabe celeb like stated earlier. (I wrote a long rebutle, but erased it because even you have to believe this.)

She is too into herself to ever lead! What makes her able to lead? Her pagent victory? Her half stint as governer of Alaska? The fact that her daughter, and granddaughter will attend the same class? It must be the book deals. Or the $1,000 per head dinners she has to get dough?

And as far as leaving their personal lives out of it.......Really? So, some politician gets off work, throws back a few drinks, hits the strip club, does a line or two off of someone that is not their spouse, and you don't think that it should be left out?

Dude, I have stayed away from your twisted point of view for a while now. My views are not always main stream, but I don't pick my politicians on their inexperience. So many blind people.....
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2010 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
You know that fence is going to block her view of Russia. Come on--it's a SNL moment.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Dude, I have stayed away from your twisted point of view for a while now. My views are not always main stream, but I don't pick my politicians on their inexperience. So many blind people.....

Twisted? Uh, Ok. Later, Tony.

WBailey1041

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WBailey1041Send a Private Message to WBailey1041Direct Link to This Post
Nevermind.

Note to self: never get in the middle of a fight.

[This message has been edited by WBailey1041 (edited 05-29-2010).]

Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-29-2010 11:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, lots of confusing stuff there Fierobear. No negs passed out. Without discussion, there is no advancement. You make folks think, and that is good. While I may not share some of your views, I do have my own, and feel that that not everyone that I have is correct. I am human, and am willing to accept my mistakes. But, I cannot endorse Palin. So, I remove myself from that part of the discusson.

Tony
Tony Kania

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-29-2010 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaDirect Link to This Post

Tony Kania

20794 posts
Member since Dec 2008

Originally posted by WBailey1041:

Nevermind.

Note to self: never get in the middle of a fight.

I think that is what I did.
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
And also something Palin never said, Tina Fey said it and people such as yourself continue to attribute it to her or at least infer that she said it. What she actually said was "They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska."

I think there are a lot of people more qualified to be President than Palin is, Newt Gingrich, for example (not that I support him or expect him to be a nominee, just based on his qualifications), but Palin is every bit as qualified to be President as Obama and to be honest, would have done a better job.

John Stricker

You know that fence is going to block her view of Russia. Come on--it's a SNL moment.

PFF
System Bot
jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post

jstricker

12956 posts
Member since Apr 2002
So President Obama has crossed the line as well since the bulk of his income last year came from book sales? Hypocrisy at its finest.

John Stricker

jstricker

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post

jstricker

12956 posts
Member since Apr 2002
Tony,

I don't have a problem with you saying you don't like Palin for President. That's your choice and you should vote your conscience, but some of the things you've posted her about here absolutely defy any credibility.

You ASSUME that she doesn't have permits because they're not taped to her windows??? WTH? You don't know 1) if permits are required 2) if she has them 3) what the law says on display of the permits in AK. How can you even use that as an argument given what you obviously don't know and haven't bothered to look up to find out?

You don't like her because she can't keep a "leash" on her kids? Again, WTH? Do you have kids? Late Teen kids? The only way to keep a "leash" on them is to lock them in the closet, is that what you propose, or if she did that would you then be screaming "CHILD ABUSE!!".

I'm curious as to just how old you are and what parenting experience YOU have to make that kind of judgement.

I wasn't real happy about her resigning as governor either but I have to say that her reasons made perfect sense. She's not the first elected official to step down for reasons similar to what she listed. Did it ever once occur to you that she honestly thought the best thing for the state of Alaska was for her to step down and stop the endless lawsuits? If not, why not?

You don't like her because she's inexperienced, fine, we get that, but you're pulling stuff out of your butt that defies all logic and credibility.

John Stricker

Yeah, lots of confusing stuff there Fierobear. No negs passed out. Without discussion, there is no advancement. You make folks think, and that is good. While I may not share some of your views, I do have my own, and feel that that not everyone that I have is correct. I am human, and am willing to accept my mistakes. But, I cannot endorse Palin. So, I remove myself from that part of the discusson.

Tony

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jstricker:

So President Obama has crossed the line as well since the bulk of his income last year came from book sales? Hypocrisy at its finest.

John Stricker

Come on. SNL has poked fun at all presidents, vice presidents and just about every politician known to man--including Palin. If you've made ridiculous remarks in public, and/or in situation where you're making a statement on camera and a guy in the background is beheading a turkey people are going to

As for, "Hypocrisy at its finest" Stricker—come on. Bush, Clinton, nor Obama has wanted a reality show. What's next? A contestant on Trump's, "Celebrity Apprentice?"

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-29-2010).]

Uaana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 138
Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for UaanaClick Here to visit Uaana's HomePageSend a Private Message to UaanaDirect Link to This Post
JS what exactly are you expecting?
Curl voted for Obama because he's black end of story.
Nobody in their right mind would have voted for him if not for white guilt and race issues.

Really look back to the campaign. Palin was put up against Obama.. She was the frigging VP candidate! Simple spreadsheet comparison says he's got no business being the Pres.

Go ahead Mcurl. throw up some more hacks on Palin.. She was the VP pick..
Please enlighten me.. what did Obama actually do before running a really great campaign?
Are you going to tell me about his great history in Chicago? Where he worked with Acorn to get some slums upgraded and then went away when the funding died?
His many "Present" votes while a jr Senator
About the only thing he's done was vote no against funding for Iraq and go on vacation.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Uaana:
Please enlighten me.. what did Obama actually do before running a really great campaign?

BTW, I don't think he "ran" that campaign. He had every liberal think tank and foundation behind him. He had billions from people like George Soros. He spent the most money on *any* presidential campaign in history. Obama didn't, hasn't and probably never will *run* anything. He's a puppet.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 02:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Go ahead Mcurl. throw up some more hacks on Palin.. She was the VP pick..

Come on. Me throwing up more hack on Palin. Palin is suppling SNL with enough material already. Relax. There's enough Obama threads to continue for another 3 yrs. in the meantime, relax and have a beer. The threads title is in all good humor.
texasfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post

Please enlighten me.. what did Obama actually do before running a really great campaign?........................

BTW, I don't think he "ran" that campaign. He had every liberal think tank and foundation behind him. He had billions from people like George Soros. He spent the most money on *any* presidential campaign in history. Obama didn't, hasn't and probably never will *run* anything. He's a puppet.

Don't forget that like his presidency, his campaign was run by teleprompter. Ever wonder who feeds the teleprompter?

[This message has been edited by texasfiero (edited 05-29-2010).]

texasfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 02:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for texasfieroSend a Private Message to texasfieroDirect Link to This Post

texasfiero

4674 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Come on. Me throwing up more hack on Palin. Palin is suppling SNL with enough material already. Relax. There's enough Obama threads to continue for another 3 yrs. in the meantime, relax and have a beer. The threads title is in all good humor.

It isn't about humor. It is about who is most capable of leading this country through a minefield. Obama CLEARLY isn't qualified to do that and Palin has successfully led at the state level. That alone gives her more credibility that Obama. The humor we know regarding Obama is largely based on his failures while the humor we hear about Palin is based on lies, distortions and liberal fear of her.
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-29-2010 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
I don't advocated silencing celebrities, or anyone, but some people *really* should consider shutting up because they sound clueless..

Stone: Film an intro to Chavez and his movement

CARACAS, Venezuela — American filmmaker Oliver Stone said Friday he deeply admires Hugo Chavez but suggested the Venezuelan president might consider talking a bit less on television.
Promoting his new documentary "South of the Border" in Caracas, Stone heaped praise on Chavez, saying he is leading a movement for "social transformation" in Latin American. The film features informal interviews by Stone with Chavez and six allied leftist presidents, from Bolivia's Evo Morales to Cuba's Raul Castro.
"I admire Hugo. I like him very much as a person. I can say one thing. ... He shouldn't be on television all the time," Stone said at a news conference. "As a director I say you don't want to be overpowering. And I think he is sometimes that way."
Chavez makes near-daily speeches that run for hours, often reminiscing, lecturing about history, announcing news and breaking into song. His Sunday program can last six hours or more.
"He's a soldier and he speaks from his heart," Stone said. "His vision is huge. ... And he will go down in history."
The Oscar-winning director hopes his documentary will help people better understand a leader who Stone said is wrongly ridiculed "as a strongman, as a buffoon, as a clown."
"This is a positive portrayal of a man who Americans do not have access to," Stone said. "He is demonized in the American and European press as a monster."

===========================

That's because he's a F***ING DICTATOR, you MORON!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock