Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Totally O/T - Archive
  Fill up your cars - Gas is going up big time today (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
Fill up your cars - Gas is going up big time today by loafer87gt
Started on: 10-03-2008 01:25 PM
Replies: 181
Last post by: OKflyboy on 12-06-2008 05:26 PM
User00013170

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post10-04-2008 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Man--A bear in the woods could fart and they would use it for a reason to raise gas prices.

shhhh dont let them know ...
IP: Logged
spad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spadClick Here to visit spad's HomePageSend a Private Message to spadDirect Link to This Post
Filled up today with regular 95 octane (~85 as you in states measure it) and price was $ 7,69 / gallon after conversion litres/euros -> gallons/dollars.
My friend just bought C5 Z06 Corvette from USA and seller said "...And you are the guys who buys our corvettes when we can't afford driving it?"

Whenever you think that's expensive, someone else pays more.

[This message has been edited by spad (edited 10-04-2008).]

Monkeyman

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post
That's alot of money for gas. What's the average annual income in Finland? Average price for a house? Only asking because, if your annual income is $150,000/year compared to the average income in the US as, maybe $40,000/year, the price doesn't seem as bad. On the other hand, if the Finns make the same money as us American do...Wow!
D B Cooper

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 55
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2008 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for D B CooperSend a Private Message to D B CooperDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sostock:

Take no offense, I have no idea what your position is or what you do, but why not address the situation now? When I get a phone call I have to handle it. When a situation occurs that is beyond my scope I call the person who either created the problem/or who can fix it. IF nobody answers then I have to earn my keep.

Actually I did; that's why I hung around at work another 7 hours last night. I figured rather than spend two more hours on the road to go in today, I'd just get what I needed done last night. I was kidding about leaving the phone at work; I don't actually carry a cell phone at all Though I do keep a pay-by-the-minute cheapie in the trunk of my car in case of emergency.
spad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2008 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spadClick Here to visit spad's HomePageSend a Private Message to spadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

That's alot of money for gas. What's the average annual income in Finland? Average price for a house? Only asking because, if your annual income is $150,000/year compared to the average income in the US as, maybe $40,000/year, the price doesn't seem as bad. On the other hand, if the Finns make the same money as us American do...Wow!

Okay, regular workmanship is about $ 30 000 to $ 40 000 avarage. Highly educated will earn $ 55 000, some might earn up to $ 70 000 a year.
Taxes will take away 20% to 35 % at those figures. More you earn, more you pay taxes.
http://www.stat.fi/tup/suoluk/suoluk_tulot_en.html <- Nice table about previus figures

Normal 2+2 or 2+3 family homes costs $ 70 000 at places "behind god's back" and $ 350 000 at city, if we talk about avarage homes.
Interesting point: cheapest fieros are $ 6000 and nice-condition GT's $ 12 000.

Okay, we do have things like free education to any level you want, allmost free health care and social secure benefits for all.
maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2008 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spad:

] <- Nice table about previus figures

Normal 2+2 or 2+3 family homes costs $ 70 000 at places "behind god's back"

I am not familar with that term. What does it mean?
Don

ls3mach

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2008 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post
$2.85 here. The stations that are $2.85 are out of my way, so $2.89 for me. 10% ethanol though
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2008 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ls3mach:

$2.85 here. The stations that are $2.85 are out of my way, so $2.89 for me. 10% ethanol though

Isn't everything 10% ethanol now?

Jim

ls3mach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 226
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2008 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ls3machSend a Private Message to ls3machDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

Isn't everything 10% ethanol now?

Jim

No, many gas stations around here specifically say 100% gas.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2008 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarDirect Link to This Post
$2.85?? Price is down here $3.58 for gas today, which is down from $3.79 a couple of weeks ago.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2008 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spad:

Okay, regular workmanship is about $ 30 000 to $ 40 000 avarage. Highly educated will earn $ 55 000, some might earn up to $ 70 000 a year.
Taxes will take away 20% to 35 % at those figures. More you earn, more you pay taxes.
http://www.stat.fi/tup/suoluk/suoluk_tulot_en.html <- Nice table about previus figures

Normal 2+2 or 2+3 family homes costs $ 70 000 at places "behind god's back" and $ 350 000 at city, if we talk about avarage homes.
Interesting point: cheapest fieros are $ 6000 and nice-condition GT's $ 12 000.

Okay, we do have things like free education to any level you want, allmost free health care and social secure benefits for all.

Like maryjane asked, what's a "2+2" home? I've never heard the term. And what does "behind God's back" mean? Does that mean out in the country or does it mean it's in a slum area?

The wages seem fairly consistant with those in the US. Too bad we don't have free education or almost free health care. I suppose your gas prices are only a bit high (comparatively speaking) than ours if you factor in some of the free stuff.
PFF
System Bot
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2008 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post

Monkeyman

15811 posts
Member since Nov 1999
BTW, gas was down to $3.30/gal for the cheap stuff as of last night.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2008 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Filled 3 cars last nite at $3.26. Cheapest its been all summer here.
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2008 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Dropped a nickel here--to $3.21 at the little country store out by my property..
JKFIERO

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2008 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JKFIEROSend a Private Message to JKFIERODirect Link to This Post
Around here, everything just dropped to $3.39 yesterday.

Every place I know of is 10% Ethenol.
spad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2008 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spadClick Here to visit spad's HomePageSend a Private Message to spadDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

Like maryjane asked, what's a "2+2" home? I've never heard the term. And what does "behind God's back" mean? Does that mean out in the country or does it mean it's in a slum area?

The wages seem fairly consistant with those in the US. Too bad we don't have free education or almost free health care. I suppose your gas prices are only a bit high (comparatively speaking) than ours if you factor in some of the free stuff.

Sorry about weird terms. I ment 4-5 -person family in some 5000 people small town.
Here is no slums becouse of winter: nobody can survive without decent homes. -5 deg F would be normal winter day, -30 deg F is not regular but comes every year.
Differences in our society would make some nice talk but it would take too long for this thread.

Fuel price is maybe 30% too hight comparing to oil barrel prices year ago. With a gas prices you got I would be driving all nights just for fun with 15 MPG car...
theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2008 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
Today? $3.09/gal at one station I stopped at last night... $3.17 at the one closer to home and that's dropping almost daily right now.

Oil ducked under $90 a barrel today.
OKflyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2008 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OKflyboySend a Private Message to OKflyboyDirect Link to This Post
Hit $2.99/gallon this morning.
fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2008 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
85% ethanol is where its at

Gas hit 2.99 here too. Im ready for it to get back in the 1.69 range. Donald Trump said today in order for our economy to get back on track we need to see $25 a barrel oil again. I agree
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2008 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
So, what happened to the original post--did the price skyrocket in Canada?
jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2008 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
Oklahoma has a lot of stations with no ethanol. Some of them used to say "We only sell REAL GAS here". I saw a few like that when I worked races down at Tulsa this summer, mostly Phillips 66 stations. I don't think you can find a station without offering 10% ethanol here in KS, usually it's about 10 cents cheaper than "regular" with one or two points lower octane, but a lot, if not most, still offer gas without ethanol.

John Stricker

PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2008 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Ours just say "100% markup on gas".

loafer87gt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2008 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for loafer87gtSend a Private Message to loafer87gtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

So, what happened to the original post--did the price skyrocket in Canada?

Nope. I'm thinking the lady at the Shell either fed me some bad intel or for some reason the gas companies decided to not raise their prices. Actually, gas has dropped quite a bit over the past couple of days, and we are now down to $1.19 CAD per litre or $4.09 US per galon. It's a pleasant change to say the least!

ryan.hess

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 319
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2008 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ryan.hessSend a Private Message to ryan.hessDirect Link to This Post
You guys all suck.

I'm paying $3.6x a gallon for gas cut with ethanol, and that's ALL they sell around here now. I don't even get a discount for buying the booze gas.

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2008 04:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
It was down to 1.19 a litre in Abby a few days ago, and hit 1.19 a litre in Surrey today. If what I watched on the news tonight, gas prices are set to drop even more. I can't wait to see it go down to .99 a litre. (for you yanks, we were over $6 a gallon for a while and I am hoping its gets to below $4 a gallon) We routinely see 20 cent a litre fluctuations overnight, Thats .80 cents a gallon movements. Ya we pay a lot of taxes and even get taxed on the taxes however for gas to move as much as it does, its just plain robbery.

------------------
85GT,93 Eldorado 4.9, 5spd Dual O2 Custom Chip, Custom Exhaust. MSD Everything Capt Fiero --- My Over View Cadero Pics Yellow 88GT 5spd Full Poly Suspension, Lowered 1/2" in front, Corner Carver.

maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2008 04:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ryan.hess:

You guys all suck.

I'm paying $3.6x a gallon for gas cut with ethanol, and that's ALL they sell around here now. I don't even get a discount for buying the booze gas.

Under $3/gal here too in a couple of places. I even bought diesel for $3.65/gal yesterday.
"Save the everglades-Stop the drilling" "Save Okefenokee" "Save Fla beaches-No offshore drilling" "No refineries"
NIMBY

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 10-07-2008).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2008 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
Ya, quite teh opposite, We are nearly under $3 per gal now. I have heard they are afraid the push for getting off oil as our energy source may be slowed because the prices have come down creating less urgency. I would like to think we as a country are better than that.
Shad0wguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2008 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Shad0wguySend a Private Message to Shad0wguyDirect Link to This Post
Filled up at $3.39/gal last night. I guess this economy issue is good for one thing, lowering gas prices.
Dougie Murder

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2008 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dougie MurderSend a Private Message to Dougie MurderDirect Link to This Post
Here in Toronto and the GTA its $1.05 per L
Thats the cheapest its been in...a really long time.

EDIT - last time i filled up for less than 1.05 it was one time in april 08 @ 0.89 cents/L

------------------

Romeoliquorstore.com
Myspace

[This message has been edited by Dougie Murder (edited 10-07-2008).]

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2008 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaDirect Link to This Post

I did some checking at work. (we sell gas) The 10% ethanol is either a Virginia thing or just my local area, but all gas stations where I live have to sell gas with 10% ethanol.

Jim

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2008 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
10% ethalnol in MN and WI as well.
PFF
System Bot
m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2008 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
$3.59 a gallon here in WV, 100% gas at all stations, never seen a 10% ethanol mix at any station here in WV, never EVER heard of a station with E85 either.

matthew
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2008 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by loafer87gt: Fill up your cars - Gas is going up big time today

Originally posted by loafer87gt: I'm thinking the lady at the Shell either fed me some bad intel or for some reason the gas companies decided to not raise their prices. Actually, gas has dropped quite a bit over the past couple of days, and we are now down to $1.19 CAD per litre or $4.09 US per galon.

They probably wanted you to fill up before the prices go down, so they could make more money.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 10-07-2008).]

Phranc

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
User Banned

Report this Post10-07-2008 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhrancSend a Private Message to PhrancDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

I did some checking at work. (we sell gas) The 10% ethanol is either a Virginia thing or just my local area, but all gas stations where I live have to sell gas with 10% ethanol.

Jim

Thats a most of VA thing. I wish MD had it because my Mazda likes it a lot.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2008 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
In my experience ethanol only reduces mpg and power in anything older than approx 1999 or so.
TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2008 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
Surprisingly we continue to drop. $3.41 for regular. We are down over a buck from the peak.
ron768

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2008 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ron768Send a Private Message to ron768Direct Link to This Post
Price has dropped to 3.69 a gal here. Stations still running out within 8 hours of getting gas .
proff

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2008 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for proffClick Here to visit proff's HomePageSend a Private Message to proffDirect Link to This Post
we pay $1.47.9 per litre here in western sydney Australia

Originally posted by Dougie Murder:

Here in Toronto and the GTA its $1.05 per L
Thats the cheapest its been in...a really long time.

EDIT - last time i filled up for less than 1.05 it was one time in april 08 @ 0.89 cents/L

Fredbearstalksme

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2008 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FredbearstalksmeSend a Private Message to FredbearstalksmeDirect Link to This Post
Gas just hit $2.78 here. Diesel dropped a dime to $3.69.

Fred
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post10-07-2008 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Premium is still around $4.00 here. NC now has the highest gas prices on the mainland.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock