Started on: 01-21-2013 10:48 PM
Replies: 343
Last post by: Marine1981 on 06-18-2013 04:55 PM
nosrac

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post
U need my old dog bone setup with the alt up high.
Me no likey the WCF dog bone in the middle of the trunk.
I currently have part of WCF DB solution in the stock Fiero location,
with a RD adjustable dogbone.

Fierofreak's modded fuel rail would be nice, along with and
PAINTED SC.

Throw on an IC when you remove the SC 4 paint.
IP: Logged
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post
NOSRAC,

Neither do I...please post pictures of what you have.

I also would prefer to put the alternator in a lowered position...will need bracket for that as well if I do.

Need to check with with Steven if I can relocate still with power steering pump going back in place.

And that is funny that you mentioned Fierofreak's fuel rails...because I PMed about an hour ago about a set!...lol

IC ...won't happen till next winter, but is coming!

Unfortunately...only so much time & money between now and the 30th in Indy & the game plan is for my Wife and I to drive both this completed 86GT & Barbie (88GT) to Indy for the show!

Once in a lifetime opportunity and I really don't want to miss it!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-13-2013).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
UPDATE: UPS man just dropped off my new DYNA-BATT

WOW!!! what a size difference!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
UPDATE: FINALLY Cut-up the Gauge Pod for new G1 dash:

Also replaced knob on HVAC controls:
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post
Modded Fuel Rail....I think he can make for future intercooler too.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/063387.html

Mstangs set me up with this type of DB when alt was up high. 88 lateral link welded to cradle and bolted to engine block. (Mattwa photo of his 4.9 DB)

I have WCF Dog Bone bracket mounted on the head placed the other side inline with the stock Fiero DB, with a Dickman Adjustable DB.
You CAN'T do a Low mount Alt with a power steering pump, but you can put your ALT in place of AC....NOT...

[This message has been edited by nosrac (edited 02-13-2013).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: Figured out the strap-in mechanics of the my littte DYNA_BATT

Since I am side mounting it in the tray with the terminal inward & up.

I will utilize the following to swing the posts:

Will be utilizing the following screw down posts:

And these for to connect that 1/0 AWG welding cable to the battery:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-13-2013).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 06:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Just waiting on all 4 of Tom's blue digital aux gauges...gonna look sweet!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2013 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
UPDATE: Let me share what I think is going to be a unique feature that will catch on like wildfire:

My Updated e-brake..never going to have to deal with that flimsy plastic handle again!

International Parking Brake Lever Assy #1675871C91 Navistar

You say TXOPIE has gone MAD...maybe so...like a genius!

LETS MAKE A FEW CUTS TO THE OLD E-BRAKE:

NOW LETS TAKE APART THE BOX TRUCK LEVER AS WELL:

NOW A LITTLE WELDING AND CLEAN UP AND WALA!

I will shine up the button and put a nice black leather boot with blue stitching!

What do Y'all Think?

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-20-2013).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: Interior...FINALLY made my decision on interior door panels that I really like:

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-15-2013).]

Marine1981

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 11:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Direct Link to This Post
What was that handle out of? That does look pretty cool.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post
Standard box truck e-brake handle...almost every U-Haul had one on the older units.
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Here is the one I am going to do next weekend...waiting for another box truck e-brake...its in the mail:
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2013 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
UPDATE: Recieved my short shifter from member "gtxbullet"

Look at that...what quality work!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-15-2013).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: My Bigger brake booster produced by member "sardonyx247" arrived in the mail today:

InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadDirect Link to This Post
Ahh How did I miss your build thread.

Looking great, I'm subscribed.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post
Thanks "InTheLead"..some of your parts are in my build!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
UPDATE: Trying to raise the dead...lets see if another member, "riceburner98" will come through for me:

Everyone keep their fingers crossed...lol
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2013 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Just grabbed my set of C5 Corvette sun visors from e-bay....going to be sending them to RW for recovering:
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: Picked up a great part from member "gtxbullet"...that just needs a little clean up before install:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2013 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
UPDATE: Working on cleaning up the shifter assembly...almost there..a little more work and I will be happy

Hard to believe that this entire piece was coated in a very nice covering of rust:

FYI...all this work is done by hand...no electric or mechanical assistance...just like doing it and the results I get from manually doing it myself.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-18-2013).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2013 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: US Mail just arrived!

One of my E-Bay scores....GM LS1 VORTEC PCM MOUNTING BRACKET

And after doing some reading, I decide to go with C-West voltage stabilizer over the NRG unit:

Also Tsunami battery ends:
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.

The box truck e-brake lever also showed:

It is going to work perfect:

And last, but definitely not least...Tom's Digital Aux gauges showed up as well:
PFF
System Bot
deloreanant

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2013 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deloreanantSend a Private Message to deloreanantDirect Link to This Post
I keep stocking your page, but never commenting. I guess I probably should. I'm pretty excited to see what you are planning. Looks like you have a lot of goodies up your sleeve. Every time I buy something new for my car my wife sighs and tells me how it's going to be "too full of gadgets." I'm not sure that's possible. I need to show her your page. I can't wait to see it all come together. Keep it up, you're going at a great pace.
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2013 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post
Thanks...not sure if this will help. Told my wife that I could put this amount and more into another new car like her Infiniti G37s...instead I will spend less than what we spent on her car and I get exactly what I want! When I am done, I want someone to walk over to my car in a parking lot and be very confused. What I mean by that is that I want it to look like...inside and out like a new 2013 vehicle created by Ponitac with all the correct badges...
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2013 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Would this be going too far with the "Gadgets"?
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2013 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
UPDATE:

I just located my Pisa Euro door panels from another member:

deloreanant

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 02:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for deloreanantSend a Private Message to deloreanantDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Would this be going too far with the "Gadgets"?

I say that goes not too far enough!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: Mail showed up again!

Received my new Finned Chrome Aluminum Brake Master Cylinder

I received my corvette sun visors and already modified them and prepping them to be shipped to RW for re-covering.

amflyer

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for amflyerDirect Link to This Post
Would be nice to actually see these parts on a car instead of just pictures off of web sites. Do you have any actual build pictures?
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post
I thought I would share $30 dollars of learning with everyone to make this a very easy endeavor for everyone.

Here is part I...Taking apart the box e-brake lever:

Understand that I broke back the bottom edges of the aluminum button to make it easier to show yall a better shot...no needed...so don't

Once you get a little separation in first the outer and then the inner housing (side closest to the button)

Then place a metal bar to the bottom (opposite button) and strike with a hammer a few times to knock the button and screw assembly up through the shaft and free....not damaging the button ...which cosmetically the only piece we don't want to mess up...the remainder of the finished product will be covered by a leather boot!

Part II will follow shortly!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2013 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
UPDATE:

Also received the driver's side rebuilt motor...so prepping the buckets:

Passenger side will be here in a day or two...will finish the other side then

Going to start with a set of these to start...because they were such a good price from member, "gtxbullet"

But will eventually replace for these:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: Digital Climate Controls from member, "riceburner98"...too many Rob's in this build...not really...just makes it interesting!

I have risen the dead and now have a blue digital climate control headed my way
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
UPDATE: Passenger side headlight motor showed up and installed:
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post

UPDATE: Digital Climate Controls from member, "riceburner98"...too many Rob's in this build...not really...just makes it interesting!

I have risen the dead and now have a blue digital climate control headed my way

you should have purchased the second gen setup he has , you can change the colors of the display!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2013 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post
He is missing a part to complete the remaining multi-color units...I was waiting for and really wanted a multi-color unit...but so it goes!
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2013 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post
UPDATE: Installed bigger brake booster and new finned chrome aluminum brake master cylinder:

Unfortunately the screw sizes were reversed on the master cylinder...so I relocated one line with no issue.

The second line snapped And the bolt for the line seems like it was super glued in place.

Can't seem to get the right angle and leverage on it ...any suggestions ...anyone?

Also are there some steel braided lines I could use here instead of the old piping?

I think it would clean it up a a lot if there was... hmm..time to go hunting on the net!
nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2013 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

Understand that I broke back the bottom

LOL... ROTFL...
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2013 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post
So Nosrac,

Do you know of a good solution to get that bolt off?

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2013 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
Just text'd with FieroFreak...he needs to pressure test my new fuel rails and then he will be shipping them...so should see that sometime early next week

Here is a preview photo sent from him to my phone:

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2013 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEDirect Link to This Post

TXOPIE

2734 posts
Member since Mar 2012
UPDATE: Got an answer on the snapped brake line:

http://inlinetube.com/Prefo...stings/PE-CAT-02.htm

Just spoke with Jake there and he stated the can make whatever I need. The already have the thread pitch and sizes on file

Now if I could just get that darn nut to come off!

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-22-2013).]

nosrac

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2013 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nosracSend a Private Message to nosracDirect Link to This Post

So Nosrac,

Do you know of a good solution to get that bolt off?

Cut the line off, then use a ratchet set to access it from the top..
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock