Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  30th Anniversary has been announced!!!!!!!!!! (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
30th Anniversary has been announced!!!!!!!!!! by FIERO JOHN-WI
Started on: 06-01-2009 08:09 AM
Replies: 141
Last post by: Christine on 10-25-2012 04:14 PM
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2009 03:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
I had a blast at the 25th, I expect to be there. I only had my daily driver with me, maybe by 2013 I'll get the idle issues resolved on my "show car"
IP: Logged
Snapperhead

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2009 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SnapperheadClick Here to visit Snapperhead's HomePageSend a Private Message to SnapperheadDirect Link to This Post
The wife and I will be there also. The 25th was great and the 30th can only get better..... as with age.

Vince

------------------
Hop Till You Drop!!
www.worldwidefieros.com
86 GT.. Lambo Doors, V8, 5sp, Blue
88 Formula.. Stock, White... Wife Ride
85 Gt Black, 2.8, 4sp
85 Black, 2.8, Auto
99 K2500 Suburban, 454, 4X4
04 Trailblazer, Green, Wife Ride

User00013170

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 224
User on Probation

Report this Post11-07-2009 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post
So is this real, or just a pipe dream to have it at the 500?

If its real, please count me in, even if my car isn't running for some reason
RAREW66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 78
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RAREW66Click Here to visit RAREW66's HomePageSend a Private Message to RAREW66Direct Link to This Post
No pipe dream, we have a very strong and dedicated group to put this together. There will be a 30th Anniversary Event. Current status is all hinging on IMS. We have our inquiry in with the right people at the track and is just a matter what dates are available. The track is still lagging due to the matter that 2013 is still a ways away.

The Midwest Fiero Clubs is having thier annual meeting in February in the Minneapolis area. The 30th will be one of the main subjects of our meeting in terms of who is going to be assigned to what task. Anyone interested in attending the meeting is more than welcome to attend.

Fred
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2009 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
It'll be cool to finally go on a road trip with a bunch of Fieros to a big meet!
NCTyphoonKid

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2009 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NCTyphoonKidSend a Private Message to NCTyphoonKidDirect Link to This Post
I hope to make the 30th

------------------
Korey "Plastic Makes It Possible"
86 Pontiac Fiero SE gold on black options incl luggage rack,power windows,power door locks,sunroof,4 spd,body colored wheels
86 Buick Grand National bone stock
93 GMC Typhoon #1710 black on black bone stock

[This message has been edited by NCTyphoonKid (edited 03-23-2010).]

maryjane

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 441
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2009 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
I think I'll try to make this one--there's somebody that will probably be there I need finally-- to meet face to face.

[This message has been edited by maryjane (edited 11-08-2009).]

ohioindy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2009 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ohioindyClick Here to visit ohioindy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohioindyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I think I'll try to make this one--there's somebody that will probably be there I need finally-- to meet face to face.

I want on that list
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2009 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ohioindy:

I want on that list

No you don't.
But, otherwise, It will be my pleasure to meet you, Blackrams, and everyone else from your region.

carry on.

CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2009 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTDirect Link to This Post
If they let us on the track for a controlled lap, I'll promise to take my Blue GT for a lap. Wait, is that over a mile ? (ha ha)

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2009 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by CoolBlue87GT:

If they let us on the track for a controlled lap, I'll promise to take my Blue GT for a lap. Wait, is that over a mile ? (ha ha)

2 1/2 Miles... that would add about .1% mileage onto your car.
PFF
System Bot
maryjane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2009 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for maryjaneSend a Private Message to maryjaneDirect Link to This Post
Maybe he could turn the key off and coast the last 1/4 lap?

Didn't someone do that at the end of an Indy 500 race once or twice?
aaronkoch

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2009 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aaronkochSend a Private Message to aaronkochDirect Link to This Post
That would warrant a road-trip for sure. Just make sure and spread the news when you pick a date, so we can start planning.

It's gonna be a FUN drive from Spokane!

------------------
----------------------------------------------------
Currently in the middle of my 88 + 3800NA swap

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2009 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
sooo i gotta ask???

how do i say this?..what is the option of Fiero owners.... about the Mera????
I own one.... and love Pontiac as a brand, I also have a '95 Trans Am.....soooo i want to represent the Pontiac thing.....but i do/dont sport the Fiero thing.....as such....by appearence....the whole body diff....but still stock 2.8L/frame/eng.temperment......i get this same feeling when i go to car shows.....love the Mera/Pontiac back story.......but not so much the kit car or Fiero haters......i do not have a Mera build sticker, so i may have a knock off or a Mera salvage......but i have badged it as a Mera, some of my own creation, and most of all, took Ferrari badges off and slapped a Pontiac emblem on that sucker.....you bet......so barring any engine swaps.....i want to represent Pontiac Fiero Mera.stock ahhhh.....who am i trying too kid....i wanna get my car on that track......was there when i was a kid, Mears, and the Mighty A.J.Foight(sp.) were king......memories... anyway, i am curious for your replies.....thanks in advance-
Daniel
twofatguys

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 227
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2009 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for twofatguysSend a Private Message to twofatguysDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

sooo i gotta ask???

how do i say this?..what is the option of Fiero owners.... about the Mera????

I think I can speak for the entire group when I say this.

It's a Fiero, we accept it, gladly, and it would be an honor to have you at any of our events.

Brad
blakeinspace

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2009 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

sooo i gotta ask???... (snip)

Been to the 20th and 25th... I gotta tell ya, kits and re-bodies were VERY well recieved. Probably got more traffic than stockers/modded...

Mera is a proud and interesting chapter in the Fiero history, and you should feel welcome to any Fiero car show. It is such a rare thing to have them, I get excited everytime I see one. Our last Texas Fiero event, The Ruckus, had a great regular show up from OKC, Merril, rolling in a Mera with a Design1 Turbo. People couldn't stay away from it. I believe Merril's son owns a Mera too.

To take this thought one step further... If I owned a Quicksilver... I wouldn't hesitate to come to a Fiero event. It calls loudly to my inner pimp, and I hope to own one someday.

must own...

------------------
<---- did you buy Cliff a beer?

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2009 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
thank you for the replies.......that car is mos def da 'inna pimp vibe......I must say, that is no lie.......its cool....i'd float it!Later
D

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 11-13-2009).]

jazz4cash

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2009 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jazz4cashSend a Private Message to jazz4cashDirect Link to This Post
When I moved to Indy in 1983, I think they really only used the track for the 500. Since then the Brickyard Nascar event has eclipsed the 500 and they have experimented with motorcycles and Formula 1. More importantly the facilities are used for all sorts of corporate and group events, but it is still a rare oppourtunity to drive (or ride) around the track. I've been lucky and done it a few times, but nothing could top taking my own Fiero for a lap! I live in Maryland now, went to the 25th and would not miss the 30th for anything.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2009 09:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post
I had a thought: how about meeting at the old Fiero factory in Pontiac and having a caravan to Indy? Maybe a couple to cover different days. Great photo op.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2009 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartDirect Link to This Post

Gokart Mozart

12143 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

To take this thought one step further... If I owned a Quicksilver... I wouldn't hesitate to come to a Fiero event. It calls loudly to my inner pimp, and I hope to own one someday.

http://www.autabuy.com/Vehi...ER&Model=QUICKSILVER
1987 ZIMMER QUICKSILVER

1987 Zimmer Quicksilver. White with Red interior. $8,500.

Price: $8,500.

Call Ted Vernon Specialty Automobiles Inc.
305-754-2323 MIAMI, FL

[This message has been edited by Gokart Mozart (edited 11-09-2009).]

Back On Holiday

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2009 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Back On HolidaySend a Private Message to Back On HolidayDirect Link to This Post

must own...

Same, if I came across one I dont think I could resist it
PFF
System Bot
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2009 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

1987 Zimmer Quicksilver.
Price: $8,500.

Get thee behind me, Satan.
Puckhead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PuckheadSend a Private Message to PuckheadDirect Link to This Post
Can't wait....but must. My sons Explorer needs to be running and licensed before a new project can begin. Soon as he is licensed and the Exploder is out of my carport, project "midlife crisis" begins. At least I can tell my wife the carport will be empty by 2013........

-T
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 06:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Puckhead:

Can't wait....but must. My sons Explorer needs to be running and licensed before a new project can begin. Soon as he is licensed and the Exploder is out of my carport, project "midlife crisis" begins. At least I can tell my wife the carport will be empty by 2013........

-T

Inquiring minds want to know.... Send me a PM with your project details. Thanks.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 07:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Even if the polar ice caps have melted, the oceans overflow and take the east coast away, and every volcano in the US erupts with volcanic ash everywhere, I will be there. Melted tires and all.
blackrams

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 229
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blackramsSend a Private Message to blackramsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

Even if the polar ice caps have melted, the oceans overflow and take the east coast away, and every volcano in the US erupts with volcanic ash everywhere, I will be there. Melted tires and all.

That would qualify as dedication. I'm there.

Ron
revin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinDirect Link to This Post
well it is closer than mich.
so I guess I can say..if maryjane can make it so can I !
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2009 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

I had a thought: how about meeting at the old Fiero factory in Pontiac and having a caravan to Indy? Maybe a couple to cover different days. Great photo op.

It would be cool to have all three Michigan clubs; Michigan, Capital City and West Michigan travel down to the event.

Steve W.
NE Grand Rapids, MI
88 Coupe
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 05:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

It would be cool to have all three Michigan clubs; Michigan, Capital City and West Michigan travel down to the event.

Steve W.
NE Grand Rapids, MI
88 Coupe

i am in. from Kalamazoo, MI ......."Mercy sakes alive.....Looks like we got us ourselves a convoy".......be damned the double nickle..
we gone.....later
Dan

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 11-11-2009).]

Pyrthian

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 10:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:
well it is closer than mich.
so I guess I can say..if maryjane can make it so can I !

yup - at the 25th, there was great group from Texas
was quite surprised that some showed up 2 days early for the drag strip
are any track days being planned?
larini74

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for larini74Click Here to visit larini74's HomePageSend a Private Message to larini74Direct Link to This Post
This only gives me 3 years to get my car ready.....I hope I can get it done by then......
PFF
System Bot
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Well I would have preferred Homestead Racetrack but at least is closer than Michigan I'll be there again

------------------

Red: TPI V8 + 6-Speed Yellow: Nitrous 3.4 + 4 speed Auto
304rwHP/366rwTQ

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2009 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pyrthian:

yup - at the 25th, there was great group from Texas

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 11-11-2009).]

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdDirect Link to This Post

Blake, would there be any specific reason why everyone's face is hidden behind the club banner?

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by larini74:

This only gives me 3 years to get my car ready.....I hope I can get it done by then......

Hey i will race you ! Who am i kidding,..you would win hands down.
Monkeyman

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 182
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2009 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MonkeymanSend a Private Message to MonkeymanDirect Link to This Post

.......that car is mos def da 'inna pimp vibe......I must say, that is on lie.......its cool....i'd float it!Later
D

What? Speak English, please.

Originally posted by larini74:

Yeah. This only gives me 3 years to buy another Fiero.

I'm in this time as it's close enough to drive to and I won't have to spend the money for a motel. So...who's gonna give me a ride in a Fiero? It's been far too long since I've owned one of my own.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
sorry.
Translation- " that vehicle is most definitely the hidden tendency to limp. I must say. that is not a (sp error) lie. i would ride in it.
goodbye.......again sorry i'll quit.....

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 11-13-2009).]

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2009 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by litespd:

Blake, would there be any specific reason why everyone's face is hidden behind the club banner?

didn't want to break the camera!

don't you love the way my body looks like a Fiero with grotesquely pasty white legs?
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post11-15-2009 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by maryjane:

I hope its not me, or at least not with a stick .

back OT: Minneapolis is a bit far for me to just to goto a planning meeting, but ill be sure to watch this thread for updates.
User00013170

Leave feedback

User on Probation

Report this Post11-15-2009 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for User00013170Send a Private Message to User00013170Direct Link to This Post

User00013170

33617 posts
Member since May 2006

Originally posted by Monkeyman:

Yeah. This only gives me 3 years to buy another Fiero.

I'm in this time as it's close enough to drive to and I won't have to spend the money for a motel. So...who's gonna give me a ride in a Fiero? It's been far too long since I've owned one of my own.

There are a couple for sale around newcastle.. time to get a project started before the show is here
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock