Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  All you Pirahna lovers out there... (Page 5)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 
Previous Page | Next Page
All you Pirahna lovers out there... by RCR
Started on: 04-29-2004 07:33 PM
Replies: 401
Last post by: Daniel H on 02-03-2013 08:26 AM
Howard_Sacks

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
User Banned

Report this Post05-21-2004 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post
You know what, I was really turned off by your ignorance in other areas when I made that statement. Upon reflection, I'm not sure how he meant what he posted so I'll retract that statement and let Alex speak for himself.

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

Guess I misinterpretted him asking what I thought. My mistake.

IP: Logged
Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-21-2004 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post

Howard_Sacks

1871 posts
Member since Apr 2001

[This message has been edited by Howard_Sacks (edited 09-06-2004).]

isthiswhereiputausername?

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2004 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for isthiswhereiputausername?Send a Private Message to isthiswhereiputausername?Direct Link to This Post
I think 10k for the body kit and an extra 5k for the interior is well worth it.

I have been following this thread since the start and I am still drooling over the plazma

Sure, you could get a lambo or a ferrari, spend 100's of hours and tons of extra money onto the 7k kit (glass,prepping the frame, wheels,etc) or purchase something like this for 10k that will not be considered a lambo or ferrari "kitcar" but actually admired for being an origional kit, not a wannabe clone of an expensive car.

I would love to see this in production and hopefully someday be able to own one if it gets into production. I always admired the Pirahna, and would hate to see this one slip away also

plazma...man, your car is beautiful. I showed a few people at work and everyone who saw it loved it!

------------------
Need webhosting? Help PFF in the process!

[This message has been edited by isthiswhereiputausername? (edited 05-21-2004).]

plazma...man

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2004 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for plazma...manSend a Private Message to plazma...manDirect Link to This Post

P.P.S. Where are the original molds for the car you have, and do you even own the rights to legally reproduce it?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts,opinion and experience.Respect that.
When we did the molds in Russia,we spread our forces,my friends took responsibility for the body molds,me for the interior.
As I said before I spent a few months refining again and again the intire body surface,painting a few times,then sanding over and over.Finaly even in black buffed finish it looked impeccable.It was the time to do molds immediately,becouse every day you loose surface little by little.The car with already done interior was shipped to St.Petersburg where they
began to do the molds after.............6 !!! months.
Needless to say whats left from surface.
I made them 3 upholstered interiors (pics of which I gave to people at car shows),they made one ruff body for me.
Then they got colder and colder to the project,then I built Piranha ,then I moved to U.S.
I would never bring such personal things to the open forum,but too many speculations and legends around it.
Concerning the rights,I don't know about my friends,but I never applied for a patent becouse there wasn't enough interest.
To those who wish to try this,I can say- read the patent law first.The car is already 7 years well known and published
by the media all over the world under the certain creators names.No one else can claim and proof priority.

Don't take it personaly Mr.Will-Martin, it just weird,why nobody asked the copyright people who offered Piranha kits for $3'500,
why you don't care about copyright when you buy Lambo's or Ferrari's copys..you should!

[This message has been edited by plazma...man (edited 05-21-2004).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2004 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by NotAFieroAnyLonger:
This is kinda like my comment's on the F-bird dash eh'...??

Well Steve, he has paint When the smooth is completed then we'll see which looks the best .

Plazma man, try not to be offended by some on the forum. Some people don't understand what goes into making a low volume kit such as the Plazma and don't understand the economics. The organization I work for, (NASA) builds one of a kind items and it doesn't matter if it is a space toilet or a rocket it will cost millions because of the time and effort involved. And we can't sell millions of copies to bring the costs down either.

I hope you find serious investors to bring the Plazma Kit to the market, and also I would be interested to hear how you and your friends in Russia came to build the Plazma/ Piranha/ Laura.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 05-22-2004).]

IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2004 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMDirect Link to This Post
Well, I am embarrassed by most of these comments from you so-called Fiero enthusiasts that tell Alex he is asking too much money for a quality interior and exterior kit for the Fiero. Many of you have no clue as to the expense and research that is required to develop something like this. Sure, some of you have built or been part of other one-off body projects but c'mon. How many of you complained when the Porsche kit for the Fiero came out? That kit is a lot more than this one and they are a VERY limited production kit.

I remember 2 years ago I tried to reproduce the Piranha interior and every fiberglass shop and interior shop I talked to required a huge initial investment. Now, I have no experience in glasswork or interiors so I looked at farming everything out to get a quality kit made. Even with all of my research I still could not have sold the complete interior for less than $4000 if I were to recoup my initial investment in a reasonable amount of time. Well, needless to say, I didn't have a lot of money to invest in the project so I bagged my idea and let my custom interior thread die.

So, where does that leave me now? Without a custom interior and looking for a kit or conversion that I can be happy with. In my opinion all of the dash/interior overlays and kits that are out there now, excluding the Firebird swap, are butt ugly. This does not reflect my opinion on some of those custom home built dashes. Now, if you were to ask Madcurl (Sorry don't mean to drag your beautiful car into this) to reproduce his interior what do you think it would cost for him to build molds, market it, keep items in stock and then deliver it to the oh-so demanding Fiero public.

All, I see is the people complaining about the price of this kit are the same ones who complain that the 3.8sc Series II swap costs over $8000 or any of the other quality engine swaps or you are the same ones complaining about the Fiero Store being over-priced. And yes, the same folks complaining here are complaining in the miscellaneous Fiero Store threads.

So, if you look at this as a whole and from your "it's too expensive point of view" then heck Archie charges too much for his choptop, V8 conversions and the Fino and Finale that he bought from an existing company and then Doug (FieroWarehouse) should not increase the price on the IMSA kit since it's an existing mold that needs minor fixing he should lower it heck he didn't have to design anything and B-B Spyder should reduce the price of their targas and convertibles since, heck, they're just cutting off the roof of the car and slapping on a frame and some fabric. And this doesn't include all of those other Fiero enthusiasts out there that provide a great service for us.

So, now that I'm done with my rant. Alex, I truly hope you build this kit. Sell it for what "YOU" feel it is worth. There are those of us that will spend the money to buy your kit and there are those that won't.

I know my opinions won't be accepted well by most but I'm tired of all the complaining that goes on in here about..."oh, that's too expensive" no matter what the subject. Just casually look at the items in the mall and you will find a pletora of people complaining about the price of an item.

Remember, the value of an item is always subject to ones personal opinion.

soup

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2004 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for soupClick Here to visit soup's HomePageSend a Private Message to soupDirect Link to This Post
holy crap, why are we whining just by simply mentioning what we thought of his price. I didn't know it was a crime to have an opinion, especially when it was asked for. It isn't whining for christ's sake. I stand by my opinion, that if he were to knock a couple grand off that price (as long as he could afford it after the cost of the molds/materials/etc.) that he may make more in the long run for his labour. The fact is, there are a lot of people on the market for fiero body conversions, but not always, with 15 grand to drop on a complete conversion. IF he can find a way to budget it for a lower price market, whether it be less prepped parts from shipment, some do-it-yourself interior pieces, or just lowering the price, he would be able to hit a whole other market. I havent done the research to back this up, but I have been on this forum for a long time, and I truly believe, that even a couple grand knocked off that price could open up a whole bunch of new customers.

So the next person who says we are whining, is going to get a soft leather boot up their anus!

We are being considerate of your supporting his price, try showing some for us. The decision is his either way you look at it, not ours, but I will put my money on it he would like to know both sides of the conversation. We arent calling him crazy, or stupid, or retarded for having that price, we are just explaining where we are comming from as people who would like to have the kit, but can't see us affording it in that price range. Is this so bad??

Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2004 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

P.P.S. Where are the original molds for the car you have, and do you even own the rights to legally reproduce it?

Originally posted by plazma...man:
Don't take it personaly Mr.Will-Martin, it just weird,why nobody asked the copyright people who offered Piranha kits for $3'500,
why you don't care about copyright when you buy Lambo's or Ferrari's copys..you should!

I meant no disrespect with my question. The origins of the Piranha kit have always been a mystery to me. I was unsure if you were the originator of the design, that is all. Thanks for explaining it. I really do hope things work out for you - you are undoubtedly a resourceful person and the kit would be a nice one to have.

--Will

[This message has been edited by Will-Martin (edited 05-22-2004).]

NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2004 03:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Well Steve, he has paint When the smooth is completed then we'll see which looks the best .

Well... I can tell you right now,it won't be mine...
The Plazma is totally the best!!

------------------
aka."SmoothGT"
Custom Built Super**-W I D E B O D Y ~ GT!! One of One!!

** = 2nd WideBody Version coming soon... :)

Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2004 03:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know "exactly" what he is selling for 15K??
What I mean is, are you going to get the Corvette mirrors, wing, lights and all the other stuff for the body for 10K?
The interior for 5K, is it actually complete, does it require upholstery work, do you get the guages, flooring cover, headliner, and all those neat looking switches?
I guess what I am getting at, is I am neutral on this until I see exactly what I would get for 15K. You can see he put a lot of time and work into that car to get the "WOW" effect. I am hopeing everyone relizes the possibility of spending at least another 15K, plus or minus a few K to create that type of car.
I have been building my car (call it a "wannabe clone" if you wish) for the last year and a half, and there are a lot of hidden costs in building these things.
I have a total of about 22K in my car, and that has covered the 3800SC & transmission install, all new suspension, new interior, all new glass, new exhaust, new tires and rims, hinges, etc....... The paint is coming next weekend ...
IMHO I could not just buy that kit and throw it on a stock Fiero chasis with a 2.8, and be happy. I am sure there are a lot of people who agree, that that kit deserves to have as much GO as SHOW!
I would like to see a parts list when he actually decides to market the kit, and in the mean time I will keep chugging along on mine. I may have to sell it to start a Plazma Kit one of these days
Any bidders??

Just joking(for now)

Great work Plazma-man, keep us posted...

------------------

Photo Gallery
Harold
308 Rebody on 85GT Chassis
Custom 2000 Firebird Interior
3800SC 3.4 Pulley w/WCF Headers & Reprogrammed PCM
Complete Suspension & Brake Upgrade

SandstormGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2004 04:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SandstormGTSend a Private Message to SandstormGTDirect Link to This Post
I would just like to add that I have seen alot more half-assed finished lambo/ferarri projects than I have completed projects? And do you know why? Because basically, all you get in your 7500$ kit is your exterior body molds and various brackets and such, which if you havent already figured it out, is no where close to being all you need to finish a "ferarri/lambo" replica. With that being said, if the plazma is as easy to put together as he claims it will be, then not only are you getting a good deal, you are getting a amazing deal! So stop looking at it as how much money you are going to spend, look at it as if you will be saving money, because in the long run, over the lambo/ferarri kit, I think you will saved considerable amounts. My opinion, thanks for reading...

~Adam

PFF
System Bot
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2004 06:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Howard_Sacks:

You know what, I was really turned off by your ignorance in other areas when I made that statement. Upon reflection, I'm not sure how he meant what he posted so I'll retract that statement and let Alex speak for himself.

Well I was not really trying to turn you on in the first place.

My ignorance in other areas is lost on most people. You, however, skillfully picked up on it. Good job.

--Will

chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2004 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post
I was going to try and stay out of this conversation because a few of you have made it a little nasty but here is my opinion - for what it's worth. After speaking with a few people at Daytona this year (unfortunately I didn't get a chance to talk to Alex himself) I got the distinct impression that the Piranha didn't prosper because of lack of interest - mainly because of the price. At $10,000 for the body and another $5000 for the interior - how many of you would be ready to ante up the $$$? Howard_Sacks? I'm not trying to single you out but you have been the most vocal and insulting in this whole conversation. I feel that at this price the Plasma would suffer the same demise. I've see this happen on this forum over and over - MinngreenGt gave a great example - everyone wants one when the idea is tossed around but when it comes time to buy, all you get is empty spaces and broken promises. Like a lot of you have already said, to pull this off would take a tremendous amount of time and effort. I'd hate for Alex to listen to the vocal few without TRULY feeling out the market, only to fail in his endeavor. We would all support the production of the Plasma - no doubt but let’s face it $15,000 for a kit IS high compared to the rest of the market. Alex - Rozumiesh po polsku? zadzwon do mnie I pogadamy. Wszle ci PM z mojim numerem.

No doubt - the plasma is one of if not THE nicest kit for the Fiero I ever saw and its history tends to make it the Holy Grail of the Fiero kit market but I'm afraid that at the cost mentioned it would follow its previous attempts at fame and fade away once again. Let’s try to get this baby produced and be realistic about it so that it can truly prosper and get the attention it deserves!

This is my opinion so please refrain from some of the idiotic comments made in the past in this thread. If you don't like my point of view, simply ignore it.

Alex - You have a PM.

Rob D.

------------------

The Dirty Rat
Chopped, dropped and just plain NASTY! Choptop Targa #1
383 Stroker MPFI with N2O
1" Drop
3" Chop
11" Brakes
19" Motegi Roja's wrapped in BFGoodrich Gforce T/A KDW-2 rubber
RCC Coilover Suspension
Updated Jan 21 '04 www.dirtyratracing.org

Wholf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2004 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WholfSend a Private Message to WholfDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SandstormGT:

I would just like to add that I have seen alot more half-assed finished lambo/ferarri projects than I have completed projects? And do you know why? Because basically, all you get in your 7500$ kit is your exterior body molds and various brackets and such, which if you havent already figured it out, is no where close to being all you need to finish a "ferarri/lambo" replica. With that being said, if the plazma is as easy to put together as he claims it will be, then not only are you getting a good deal, you are getting a amazing deal! So stop looking at it as how much money you are going to spend, look at it as if you will be saving money, because in the long run, over the lambo/ferarri kit, I think you will saved considerable amounts. My opinion, thanks for reading...

~Adam

Where in this thread does he state you will get everything needed??
Back when Mr. Patterson, of Custom Coach Craft was doing the 308 kit for the public, he was selling this quality kit for around $4,500.00. With this kit you got "everything" needed to make your Fiero look like a 308. This included all the lights, brackets hinges, grills, screws, nuts, bolts, and he even included the proper materials for bonding the hood skin to the car. I purchased the last kit made by him a little over a year ago for $5,500.00. I did not receive the lights, and a few rubber trim pieces for this price, but I did get everything else...
Is he selling a kit like Archies V8 master build kit, or the Custom Coach Craft kit, where you don't have to purchase anything else? I seriously doubt it, and if he does then it is well worth the money.
I think the people who honored Plazma-mans question, have had experiance in kit cars/rebodies and the market surrounding their demise or popularity, then answered him honestly. Like Will-Martin said, don't come out on a public forum asking for opinions, because Will does marketing research for a living while getting new companys started. All he was trying to do is steer him in the right direction, and hopefully get the Plazma made a reality. Chester even backs up exactly what Will was trying to say before everyone decided to jump on the band wagon with their comments...
As I stated above, we need a total parts list for exactly what you will be getting for 15K. The majority have just looked at the beautiful pictures of that car and some how came to the conclusion that for 15K plus donor, and paint, you will have that car sitting in your garage. Thats not going to happen!
Hopefully Alex can put together a parts/price list of the components included in the kit..... Then I think a better opinion can be made, but no matter what, it is his product and the bottom line is, he is going to price it the way he feels it should be priced.
I failed the Evelyn Woods Speed Reading course, so I tend to look at things closer. I would hate to see this kit fall through the cracks again, and I sincerly hope that he can get some financial backing and make it a reality....
Thanks for listening to my take on things. Now everyone kiss and make up We are all friends on here....

Harold

P.S. I wonder what the chance of the Plazma making it to WheatStock would be, HHMMMMMm!!

------------------

Photo Gallery
Harold
308 Rebody on 85GT Chassis
Custom 2000 Firebird Interior
3800SC 3.4 Pulley w/WCF Headers & Reprogrammed PCM
Complete Suspension & Brake Upgrade

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2004 01:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chester:
At $10,000 for the body and another $5000 for the interior - how many of you would be ready to ante up the $$$? . We would all support the production of the Plasma - no doubt but let’s face it $15,000 for a kit IS high compared to the rest of the market.
No doubt - the plasma is one of if not THE nicest kit for the Fiero I ever saw and its history tends to make it the Holy Grail of the Fiero kit market but I'm afraid that at the cost mentioned it would follow its previous attempts at fame and fade away once again. Let’s try to get this baby produced and be realistic about it so that it can truly prosper and get the attention it deserves!

This is my opinion so please refrain from some of the idiotic comments made in the past in this thread. If you don't like my point of view, simply ignore it.

Rob D.

Okay, I finally got a ball-park price.....$15,000 G's....Hmmmmmm? I have to give it to you Alex, it's a very nice kit and it looks better than my chop. However, Keep on attenting the various Import car shows (they usually have more disposable income vs. Fiero groups) and maybe someone will be pick your kit. Who knows maybe you can try to enter the Plasma in a TV commercial? In the Fiero group you may find 1-3 people at the most who can afford it, over-all I'd say it's just like the 1990 concept car......pretty null here? You can always send me your car and I'll take good car of it. hehehe

Shade

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-23-2004 03:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadeSend a Private Message to ShadeDirect Link to This Post
I dont mean to come off in a negative way but a few of you paid $4000 to have someone lob off the top of your car, slap in a new windshield and bondo things back together ?

personally i think this kit may be a little much for most of you, but look at the detail too.... Ferrari interiors? slapped together fiberglass and covered before it looks good.... the plazma has the looks without being covered... that takes time, and takes a lot of detailing... look at the pics of the molds for the interior, its not just a 4 piece kit like ferrari interiors (- arm rests)

keep up the good work Alex

........edit.........

you know the odd thing i see with this... when a kit is actually trying to get produced and once people hear a price all they do is complain....... lets compare prices shall we?

Choptop = $4000+
Lambo Doors = about what? $1700+
Intergrated Rocker Panels = $500
Chin Spoiler = $285
High rise wing = $385
Open mouth GT front spoiler = $340
Wrap around rear spoiler / whale tail spoiler = $400

Then when a good rebody comes out the people who buy these above things complain? hahahaha
Hate to break it folks... the IMSA kits are most likely going to be going for the same price as the Plazma... get used to it...if you dont have the $$ you dont have the ride.

No flames intended...

[This message has been edited by Shade (edited 05-23-2004).]

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2004 04:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
Shade: granted I did not major in math, but if you add up the prices you listed, it only comes to about $8000 which is only half of the $15000 Plasma wants for his kit ....
Shade

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post05-23-2004 04:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShadeSend a Private Message to ShadeDirect Link to This Post
Retracted my statements. We're turning this into a crappy thread with all our arguing and flaming

stop the hate =P

[This message has been edited by Shade (edited 05-23-2004).]

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2004 04:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
Oh OK Hey, go easy on that look-a-like ferrari stuff ....

Seriously though, my interior was about $2000 including the upholstery (but NOT including the gauges or steering wheel) and mounting the body panels wasn't all that bad Bcause the instruction manual was pretty good.

I only have enough $$$ left for a Plasma nose for my 88GT (if he'll sell me one) ....

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 05-23-2004).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2004 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

Some guys may not express themselves as nicely as others but i do not believe it is bad for people to express themselves as far as the price. Actually i think this type of feedback is invaluable to someone like Alex who is trying to market a product.

He has to know what his customer base is thinking, and take it from someone who is in the sales business you cannot have a thin skin when it comes to people's comments about your product or pricing or else you will get eaten alive.

There are millions of people out there with varying opinions, income, talent, geographical backgrounds, and tastes so you have to keep that in perspective.

With that said I think we all know that at $!5 grand very few on this forum will be able to afford the kit. THat is not saying that the price is too much or that the kit it is not worth it, because in my opinion that is one of the sweetest cars i have ever seen.

I am just being realistic as far as fiero owners go, the overall cash flow for the majority is just not there to be able to afford it.
That could be fine for alex, it just depends on what his overall sales projections are to make reproducing this kit worth his while.

If about a half dozen (from the fiero realm) over several years will be enough then he might have a chance to recoup his costs and make a profit. If not then if he cannot branch out to another customer base (import crowd etc) then god forbid i say this
it might not be worth his while.

My personal opinion, while it may not be affordable to most, at 15 k if the kit is very complete without a lot of hidden costs, and easy to assemble then this is a bargain. How many guys would take out a bank loan on a car like this if you could go pick it up for $15 grand from the dealer.

Guys would be breaking their necks knocking each other over.

chester
From: State of insanity...moved in and comfortably numb...

Feedback score:    (42)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2004 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for chesterSend a Private Message to chesterDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Shade:

I dont mean to come off in a negative way but a few of you paid $4000 to have someone lob off the top of your car, slap in a new windshield and bondo things back together ?
........edit.........

you know the odd thing i see with this... when a kit is actually trying to get produced and once people hear a price all they do is complain....... lets compare prices shall we?

Choptop = $4000+
Lambo Doors = about what? $1700+
Intergrated Rocker Panels = $500
Chin Spoiler = $285
High rise wing = $385
Open mouth GT front spoiler = $340
Wrap around rear spoiler / whale tail spoiler = $400

If you don't intend to flame then get your facts together before you open your mouth. Your comparing apples to oranges. "$4000 to have someone lob off the top of your car, slap in a new windshield and bondo things back together ?" That's quite the description on whats involved in a chop. and guess what - that dosen't really change the apperance of the car, as a kit does, it changes the perception...and guess what - you can do that $4000 mod to a rebody as well...along with some of the other things you mentioned. Oh, and you don't replace the windsheild.

Then when a good rebody comes out the people who buy these above things complain? hahahaha
Hate to break it folks... the IMSA kits are most likely going to be going for the same price as the Plazma... get used to it...if you dont have the $$ you dont have the ride.

Ah, the folks with the above things complain? .... buy a clue please. I personally don't care if Alex charges 20-25 G's for his kit. Power to him. I might buy one no matter what the cost but if you want to make it "affordable" to move more then 1-3 a year, you'll have to drop the price. I know, you have the 15G's just kickin around to go buy one too...

No flames intended...

Too late for that...

One thing that I want to mention is this - So far in this thread we have had a price come up on the kit, and then we have had a bickering conversation between members about the price. How many so far have flat out said - "I'm ready to buy one at that price today?" Talk is cheap.

I wish Alex the best in brinig this product to the market. It is by far my favorite Fiero rebody. At least if he keeps the price up it will be owned by only the few elite diehards that can truly afford it. I don't think that would be bad either.

Oh yeah - no flame inteneded...

Rob D.

PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2004 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I saw the Plazma car yesterday, it started put as a Pirahna kit and then he took it several steps further. There isn't too many original 85 Fiero parts in it anymore. The car even had an air bag suspension. Im willing to bet that he has more money invested in that car than even Chester has in his.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 05-23-2004).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2004 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Direct Link to This Post
That puts the fast and the furious cars to shame!
jelly2m8

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2004 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post
Got the oppurtunity to see the Plasma up close and personal at Carlisle, This car is absolutely amazing. The attention to detail is incredible.

This isn't even just the best rebody ever, it's a completely re-engineered masterpiece right down to the aluminum control arms and antilock brakes !

Many compliments to Alex, you have a totally awe inspiring car, I doubt anybody on this forum could produce anything even similiar to your car. Your car is a masterpiece. This is the benchmark for a rebodied and engineered Fiero.

Ambush

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2004 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmbushClick Here to visit Ambush's HomePageSend a Private Message to AmbushDirect Link to This Post
I Have never seen the plazma in person. I have ONLY seen a bunch of pictures from here, magazines and what not. I think if someone wanted to copy this car in it's entirety, then 15 thousand would be a steal. It's got to be a hell of an investmant. the car is easily 50 thousand to make. BUT that's not what most people are looking to buy. Most people only want the body, or the interior. I bet some would only want a part. Example. I just want the nose and the wide body. I don't want the hood. Some just want the nose. I guess what I am getting at is this. Plazma hasn't said what you get for the 15 thousand yet so let's not jump on him or others on the forum. I feel like this whole thing is my fault. In the words of the great king "Can't we all just get along" rodney king. Anyway Plazma for the 15 grand what do we get? (if you market it) PS no matter what any of us think PLEASE place this kit on the market.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2004 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Thought I'd bring this topic back to life to congratulate Alex for the full spread in Kitcar Builder Magazine. I hope someone does help Alex get this into production.
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2004 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaDirect Link to This Post
One of the reasons that I like the Fiero is that it has a distinctive American look. The Plazma while quite a good looker has the styling of a Japanese car. It's Ok if you like ricers but there is something about the classic Fiero look that get's completely lost.
It just goes to proove that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

------------------
87GT 3.4 Turbo Best 0-60 5.2 seconds
http://www.turbochargerpower.com/turbo.htm

dosed

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2004 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dosedClick Here to visit dosed's HomePageSend a Private Message to dosedDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ambush:

Most people only want the body, or the interior. I bet some would only want a part. Example. I just want the nose and the wide body. I don't want the hood. Some just want the nose.

Well stated. As soon as they are available (or sooner if possible), I want the front fenders, door skins, rocker panels, and the one peice 'GT clip.' Although I like the look of the car, I don't care to purchase anything else; I have my own custom plans for the rest...

But just to add my two cents, $15K for a complete 'conversion' (of course we're talking interior minus seats, stereo, steering wheel, seat belts, and any other custom 'touches' that have been done to the DEMO CAR, and complete exterior minus windscreen frame and roof, wheels, visible exhaust, and again the cool DEMO CAR details..) is a steal. But even the 15K number itself is arbitrary. I think when Plazma Man used those figures in his post above he was just throwing out numbers. Who knows what the final cost will be; as he's said himself, the car is nowhere near ready for production.

------------------

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2004 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
its the most beautiful body conversion for the fiero -
10K to make the fiero look like a $100,000 unique sportscar is not bad
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Howard_Sacks:

[

Big meaty and girthy rear tires you have there sir. 285's wow! Still one of my favorite Fiero.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2004 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post
That car is just plain wicked. I bet there are some atheletes or celebrities who would even love to get their hands on one of those.

ahhhhhhh someday,..........

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-02-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2004 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
It's been several month since Alex has posted. Has he gotten a partner yet? Has he gone to any of the import shows? JScott, do you have any more pics to post? Oh yeah, bump! I need to droll. Can someone please give me a napkin?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-13-2004).]

Fiero5

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 367
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2004 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero5Click Here to visit Fiero5's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero5Direct Link to This Post
They had the Plazma at the Custom Compact show in Harrisburg PA back last May that Jordan was invited to with his Fiero. I filmed some nice footage of the Plazma with my DV camcorder and even interviewed both gentlemen where they go into a lot of detail. I have my own tuner show I do for a local TV station each week and that episode was a huge hit
The footage and interview are priceless and very informative. They even talk about some Fiero history that they talk about that I didn't know about, even with all the Fiero books I have and after being at the 20th and hearing Hulki and Parki.
Very cool Fiero and very nice gentlemen!

Steve

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2004 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
A couple of new shots from Alex's PLAZMA

I Drive Excitement

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2004 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for I Drive ExcitementSend a Private Message to I Drive ExcitementDirect Link to This Post
*faints*
SLagrec1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2004 06:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SLagrec1Send a Private Message to SLagrec1Direct Link to This Post
We're planning to upgrade the dash this fall. Will the Plazma dash be available? Based on the photo it's a strong contenter.

------------------
Steve, 87 Fiero GT, Getrag w/Ultimate Shift Kit, Street Dreams drop spindles, Poly mounts, KYBs, Michelin tires, Borla exhaust, Infinity audio, DashScan

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
You know Alex needs to sell me his car. Heheehhe.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2004 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

You know Alex needs to sell me his car. Heheehhe.

Is the Plazma going to be your Redux-2??

Fire451

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2004 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fire451Click Here to visit Fire451's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fire451Direct Link to This Post
I have got to say if I had the $15,000 US to buy this it would already be here, guess I should start counting my pennies and quit buying everything else planned for the car till I have this in my garage

------------------

86 SE 2.9L
Best ET : 14.9 @ 90 MPH

Howard_Sacks

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post09-06-2004 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Howard_SacksClick Here to visit Howard_Sacks's HomePageSend a Private Message to Howard_SacksDirect Link to This Post
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 11 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock