Mera Dreaming by johnyrottin
Started on: 04-03-2011 05:36 PM
Replies: 128
Last post by: batousai666 on 05-06-2011 05:34 PM
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 08:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
MERA! MERA!! MERA!!!

morning....and a well wish for a killer score!!

dont leave us hanging, bro
i know its still early but.......
the crowds are chanting....MERAMERAMERAMERA........
d

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 04-30-2011).]

IP: Logged
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
whoops sorry wrong thread........

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
There might be a wrench in the works...trying to get ahold of the owner, Rich, but no contact. Hope nothing happened to him. Don't want to start the 14 hour round trip until I contact him.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
right on....i think i have talked to him too. "Richie Rich"??

hope its not a issue.......its still early down there too.....may the force be with you!

daniel
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I am going to call him at 8am my time...9am his time...20 mins from now.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post

johnyrottin

5466 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Well I called...no answer...now I am concerned.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
i thought you both were in Florida??
EasternStandardTime.......

*EDIT*
well i just learned something....not all FL is EST!! huh.....and all this time.....duh, on me!!

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
it is a Saturday.....you know after Friday night....booze cruise.

sorry, its all good....still early.

i got his number too i may give him a bump......no??

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Rich just called...everything is fine. Need to see if I can get a trailer at 9am. Guess the trip is on even though it is late. Gonna be a loooooonnngggg day for me. Yes he is Eastern Standard and I am Central.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 05-01-2011).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

Rich just called...everything is fine. need to see if I can get a trailer at 9am. Guess the trip is on even though it is late. Gonna be a loooooonnngggg day for me.

coolcoolcool......

fire up the Willie Nelson and get you gone!!! "On the Road Again"

Daniel

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Nice...LOL. Just can't wait to ge back on the road again...my only love is buying Fieros with my frineds, and I can't wait to get on teh road again....

Plans are shifting by one day. Making the road trip alone tomorrow with a 4am departure...11 am(ish) arrival, 1 hour inspection, and 7pm (ish) return...hopefully with a mera in tow!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2011 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Nice...LOL. Just can't wait to ge back on the road again...my only love is buying Fieros with my frineds, and I can't wait to get on teh road again....

Plans are shifting by one day. Making the road trip alone tomorrow with a 4am departure...11 am(ish) arrival, 1 hour inspection, and 7pm (ish) return...hopefully with a mera in tow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! you on the road????
hopefully!!!!

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2011 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
"southbound and down.....going to get you a Mera....you are going to do what they say cant be done"
"you got a long way to go but the Mera will be a waitin, now load it up Son, and have yourself some fun!!!"

Jerry Reed "EastBound and Down" kinda

daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 05-01-2011).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2011 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
16 hours...804 miles...2 hours of inspection and driving...without further adieu...I bring you RottinMera

I know it is small and only one pic but I am exhausted after the long day. I will give her a bath this weekend and take proper photos. The car is in near perfect condition, no rust, perfect mirrors that both work, no broken lenses, icy air, brand new tires with about 5k on them, same with brakes. It needs a headliner and that is about it. Oh, and the Ferrari badges need to come off for proper MERA badges.
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2011 10:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTDirect Link to This Post
Congrats John!!! The Rottin heard continues grow...
Fieromaineac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2011 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieromaineacSend a Private Message to FieromaineacDirect Link to This Post
Congrats!!

And it has the original wheel center covers.

Dana (Mera 8151)
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2011 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Yep...the car seems to be mostly original. He even had all the original wires and plugs, coil, etc that had been changed out at its service...68k on the odo.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2011 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post

johnyrottin

5466 posts
Member since Oct 2007

Here is a shot of the vin...awaiting shots of the RPO sticker.

What do you guys make of it? In the VIN the 5th digit is an "E" with the 8th digit a "9". I see it as a Formula MERA with a V-6.

What MERA number is my VIN??? For example 8088 or 8051 or whatever.
reholmes

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesDirect Link to This Post
~

[This message has been edited by reholmes (edited 05-07-2011).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 06:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
It is there...I think it had the paint code on it. Will take a picture after she bathes.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post

johnyrottin

5466 posts
Member since Oct 2007
Just went out to the Mera and looked at that little sticker...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MERA number 8088 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PFF
System Bot
reholmes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 11:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesDirect Link to This Post
That's it! It's all you get and all you need.

To my knowledge, there are no title or registration documents that tie the Mera build number to the VIN. At the time of sales, there was a "Mera Condition of Sale and Warranty Authorization" provided by the dealer that had both the "Mera Conversion" number and the VIN--a copy was kept by the dealer, Corporate Concepts, and one provided to the buyer. Except for original owners, I doubt that few people have this document.

Have fun with your new toy!

Dick
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
what Richard says is interesting.i have seen a copy of the said agreement and i am still interested in a Pontiac Historical Services rundown.wonder if something may be in their (PHS) records they do not know??.....i called them here in MI last year and was told that it would not reflect the Mera Option....but with this dealer papertrail.....i am still curious

Daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 05-02-2011).]

reholmes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesDirect Link to This Post
I think Longpre Pontiac in Westminster, CA sold a lot of Meras--you might drop them a line. Longpre may also have been dealing Enterras.
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
Congratulations! Nice looking Mera. I have those center caps too, but they are saved. The wheels look so much better without them. Please post pictures of any paperwork and original parts you got along with the car.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Will do...
Fiero-in-Paradise

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 05:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-in-ParadiseSend a Private Message to Fiero-in-ParadiseDirect Link to This Post
JR, congrats on your Mera purchase! Looks like a really nice catch!

I'm pretty sure I read that Bob Longpre closed his Pontiac dealership. He's apparently working for Lexus at Westminster, CA.

Tom
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Thanks...some fine tuning to do and eventually fresh paint (chips and scrathes here and there) but no rush in that since it still looks great. I will need to sort a few items out such as: front badge (Rodney hopefully), Rear MERA letters for decklid (Comon Nelson!), headliner, ashtrays fit funky, recondition auto shift indicator, recondition ashtray doors, reglue the center console storage area vynal (it has completely seperated), and I am sure a few things I will find along the way. The important thing is every functional item is present and correct. The first step will be a thourough bath and clean followed by an engine compartment cleaning.

Rodney and Nelson, if you could help me with the badges I would really appreciate it. Nelson made those MERA letters and they came out awesome!!!!!!!!!
reholmes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero-in-Paradise:

JR, congrats on your Mera purchase! Looks like a really nice catch!

I'm pretty sure I read that Bob Longpre closed his Pontiac dealership. He's apparently working for Lexus at Westminster, CA.

Tom

Wonder if he has his old sales records. Guess I'll drop by next time I'm out there. I think he's pretty close to LAX.

ashtrays fit funky, recondition auto shift indicator, recondition ashtray doors

Early in this thread, Tom posted some great ashtray reconditioning pics, and other interior touch-up that he did.

Hey, guys, now that John has his "dream," let's move this discussion to the "Paradise" thread.

[This message has been edited by reholmes (edited 05-03-2011).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by reholmes:

Early in this thread, Tom posted some great ashtray reconditioning pics, and other interior touch-up that he did.

Hey, guys, now that John has his "dream," let's move this discussion to the "Paradise" thread.

yeah we better....you are lost arent you, Richard hahahahaaaa, sorry. i am in hopes this turns into a build thread Eh? Johny?? in the least a clean up and restore, thread.....tear some stuff off and see whats what.......

this thread made me realize that i think with the Rottin One here, that makes 3 automatics?? Tom Johny and Me. i gotta check the Mera Website (for the new guys http://pontiacmera.com/ ) to see if Nelson has one and then Indy Resto i cant remember what he has......and Coffee Ron has 2 also....

wonder how many auto Mera there are??huh!

*update*
Mera #8071 Julian and #8151 Dana, are of the auto variety also.
Mera Reunion activity #1-- "Mera Owner Rugby" Autos VS the Sticks............getyasum!!! since i do not have a Number i am the Referee

d

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 05-03-2011).]

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
All of my Meras use five speed Getrags.

Nelson

Originally posted by batousai666:

yeah we better....you are lost arent you, Richard hahahahaaaa, sorry. i am in hopes this turns into a build thread Eh? Johny?? in the least a clean up and restore, thread.....tear some stuff off and see whats what.......

this thread made me realize that i think with the Rottin One here, that makes 3 automatics?? Tom Johny and Me. i gotta check the Mera Website (for the new guys http://pontiacmera.com/ ) to see if Nelson has one and then Indy Resto i cant remember what he has......and Coffee Ron has 2 also....

*update*
Mera #8071 Julian and #8151 Dana, are of the auto variety also.
Mera Reunion activity #1-- "Mera Owner Rugby" Autos VS the Sticks............getyasum!!! since i do not have a Number i am the Referee

d

PFF
System Bot
reholmes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesDirect Link to This Post

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Tonight I took the 80's sheepskin covers off my seats and guess what I discovered....nothing! Absolutely perfect cloth seats not a rip or tear in them!!! The carpet is original Fiero stuff. I will need a set of floor mats. Did the MERA get some special ones or do I just need some beechwood mats? Needs a good shampoo but no issues at all!
reholmes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesDirect Link to This Post
I have the cut carpet (plush) and deluxe Mera leather interior (as it's not a GT), but still have the Fiero mats. I've never seen Mera mats--may be a question for Rodney. However, if you discover some, we'd all be interested.

See my mats on page 2 of this thread.

[This message has been edited by reholmes (edited 05-04-2011).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I think I will get a blank set and send them to:

http://www.floormatguys.com/

See if they can make a few sets with the double M symbol on them.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by reholmes:

thanks Richard....i was looking at Pictures last night but fell asleep, hard day at the mines.....

how come you have not posted #8046 on the Mera Registery site?? just curious, that i am.....
that site is becoming a great one stop source for the info for these conversations....real cool of Rodney

as for the Mera Mats....we have seen one set of custom Mera Mats i have a pic somewhere, but they are a one off as far as i know

i think this is the Mera in Perth-Amboy??? been for sale for a long time...........

later the mines are calling my name....*que* - Devo"working in the coal mines"
Later

daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 05-04-2011).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 07:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Thats the ones I was speaking of. I will see if the flloor mat guys can make them.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 05-05-2011).]

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
I will post a picture of a custom floor mat set I had made a few years ago when I get home tonight. Unfortunately the maker died and they are no longer available. I would like to get some more made but have not located a good source as of this date.

Nelson
reholmes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesDirect Link to This Post

how come you have not posted #8046 on the Mera Registery site??

Well, right after I bought the car, I emailed Rodney and informed him of the ownership change--he never answered. I assumed he made the change or he didn't care, one.
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post

I think I will get a blank set and send them to:

http://www.floormatguys.com/

See if they can make a few sets with the double M symbol on them.

This Mera symbol be applied to a set of blank mats with a stencil, and some spray carpet dye, if no one wants to make a limited number.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock