Mera Dreaming by johnyrottin
Started on: 04-03-2011 05:36 PM
Replies: 128
Last post by: batousai666 on 05-06-2011 05:34 PM
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
identify the 2 slat ft alum. grill too. thats OEM Mera for all years....

and i guess check to see if the VIN is 5th digit "E" with 8th digit "9".....i see the v-6 but one never knows

this would give you a 88 Formula Mera....which is good....the GT is a tad better. but nothing will help the 1988 Mera as far as i am concerned....hahahahaaa!!!! kidding i like the 1987 Mera, the best. anyway, sorry about the late reply i have been fixing up the yard and driving my Mera.....had a bad ticking in the lifter area under the long where you put the oil in covers and was fretting over that for it to just dissappear yesterday. huh?

Daniel
Mera X

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 04-16-2011).]

IP: Logged
Wayne Wm. Peterson

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Wm. PetersonSend a Private Message to Wayne Wm. PetersonDirect Link to This Post
Say guys, at # 8088 could that be the last one built? When you check her over be sure to pull off those seat covers, if you have to replace them it could be a good way to cut something out of the asking price. All in all I would say "Live The Legend!"
WWP
Wayne Wm. Peterson

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Wm. PetersonSend a Private Message to Wayne Wm. PetersonDirect Link to This Post

Wayne Wm. Peterson

378 posts
Member since Dec 2010

Originally posted by batousai666:

identify the 2 slat ft alum. grill too. thats OEM Mera for all years....

and i guess check to see if the VIN is 5th digit "E" with 8th digit "9".....i see the v-6 but one never knows

this would give you a 88 Formula Mera....which is good....the GT is a tad better. but nothing will help the 1988 Mera as far as i am concerned....hahahahaaa!!!! kidding i like the 1987 Mera, the best. anyway, sorry about the late reply i have been fixing up the yard and driving my Mera.....had a bad ticking in the lifter area under the long where you put the oil in covers and was fretting over that for it to just dissappear yesterday. huh?

Daniel
Mera X

Danny, Danny. You have GOT TO change the oil more than every 60,000 miles! Then the "ticking & slurping" sound will go away.
Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

I will be sure to take many pics when I head to check it out. Also, i'll be sure to check out under the trunk carpet for teh rust spots.

If it has a small rust spot under the carpets on the left side that is easily repairable. That tends to be the first place Fiero's show rust in the trunk. I would not pass on that car based on what I have seen so far. This one is a Formula based car and appears in very good condition. You will find that servicing the battery is a pain in a Mera. The plastic battery heat shield is not really necessary because of the extra venting in the Mera Decklid. I have mine saved. I would install an Optima battery to limit battery tray rust. Also, you will not have to worry about taking the battery out very often. Wait till you have to do that. It is no fun at all. I think I saw that one when I was searching, but my heart was set on finding a GT chassis car with the factory leather and a 5 speed.

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 04-16-2011).]

reholmes

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesDirect Link to This Post
I've removed my battery three times in the last month--remove the brace and the strut, and it's not that bad. There are many jobs a lot worse--the crossover pipe!

Did I miss the asking price--and odometer?

[This message has been edited by reholmes (edited 04-16-2011).]

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
62k on the odo and $10k asking price...I am arranging to go get her and bring her home next weekend.
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
Sounds like a good deal. Jump on it!
Fiero-in-Paradise

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero-in-ParadiseSend a Private Message to Fiero-in-ParadiseDirect Link to This Post
JR, looks like a really nice Mera for $10K! Body looks great. Test out the headlights, make sure the covers are not binding or anything. Looks like the major clean-up is the engine bay.

First thing I did on mine after getting it was to change the fluids and tune it up with new plugs. After that, just drive it and have fun, and plan for a small project/improvement every now and then.

Tom

[This message has been edited by Fiero-in-Paradise (edited 04-16-2011).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
That sounds like a plan but I hear that yours is for sale Tom....
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2011 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post

That sounds like a plan but I hear that yours is for sale Tom....

That was for a time after he purchased his Vette. You can hit him up, but I think Tom has changed his mind. "Mera Withdrawl Syndrome" is setting in. Shipping from Hawaii might be a wee bit more too.

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2011 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wayne Wm. Peterson:

Danny, Danny. You have GOT TO change the oil more than every 60,000 miles! Then the "ticking & slurping" sound will go away.

its good boss i had the oil changed last year. barely 3500...miles, or so.

i had just topped off the oil let it run a few minutes....gave it a little rev, then TICK,TICK,TICK......real loud, i got a video of it.
i shut it off thinking i broke something.....started it back up, still ticking. thought the worst, made the video and put X away for thhe night.

the next day fired it up still a little tick, went for a drive (5 miles) not really noticing the tick, got home tick was alomst gone. now a week later its completely, gone. it almost acted like i broke something loose that was stuck before, after it got the "New" oil on it thats when the tick faded.....not too sure. do lifters sitck?? looks kinda dirty in there.....what you all think about a SEAFOAM treatment??

any of youes do one??

Daniel
PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2011 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009

Originally posted by Wayne Wm. Peterson:

Say guys, at # 8088 could that be the last one built?
WWP

uhhhh.....nope. the last Mera made would be more like #8159. 247 (total made)- 88 @(1987 Mera)= 159. give or take

Daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 04-17-2011).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2011 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009

62k on the odo and $10k asking price...I am arranging to go get her and bring her home next weekend.

thats close to what i paid @ $8840....but you have less miles...5K +/-.
i say, SCOOP!!!!! it will be worth every penny if its of sound structure......

the guy i got Mera X from lived in Orlando and had 2 more Mera besides.
that FL spot is hopping, with Mera.

good luck and go LOW!!!!
the poor economy is your friend in this case

Daniel
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2011 10:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009

Originally posted by Rick 88:
That was for a time after he purchased his Vette. You can hit him up, but I think Tom has changed his mind. "Mera Withdrawl Syndrome" is setting in. Shipping from Hawaii might be a wee bit more too.

hahahahaaaa...............i hear they upped the toll on the PanamaCanal too, $5000......hahahahaaaaa!!!!!!!!
if i did 1988 Mera i would scoop up Toms for the roadtrip. drop ship to SanDiego and drive it home to MI
he said it would drive across the country, no problem.....DREAM CRUISE!

d
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2011 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Here is a shot of the vin...awaiting shots of the RPO sticker.

What do you guys make of it? In the VIN the 5th digit is an "E" with the 8th digit a "9". I see it as a Formula with a V-6. What makes the GT Mera a bit better?

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 04-17-2011).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2011 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Here is a shot of the vin...awaiting shots of the RPO sticker.

What do you guys make of it? In the VIN the 5th digit is an "E" with the 8th digit a "9". I see it as a Formula with a V-6. What makes the GT Mera a bit better?

just the stuff that makes the 1988 GT the best Fiero, Period....the suspention up-grade. maybe a sway bar added or two
not much but all in the right deptthe handeling

i got to do something with the front end on Mera X, definately look up there when you go to get.....get a discount for old rubber and brakes.

my calipers look rusted on the piston ....thank god Mike sent me some extras.......looks like a messy job tho.....

Daniel

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2011 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
I thought the suspension on the GT and the Formula was exactly the same?
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2011 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

whoops yeah i guess on the 1988 Fiero that could be the case. I should stick with the 1987's, huh?

sorry. but it also looks like you get bigger rotors with a 1988 Formula......too. so i will add that as pennance

Daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 04-18-2011).]

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2011 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post

JR

The suspension is the same on the Formula and GT. The GT came standard with more power equipment, and offered options not available on the Formula. Power mirrors were not an option on the Formula but the Vitaloni power mirrors were installed on all the Meras. My GT is equipped with the Pontiac factory leather, and subwoofer which were both not offered on the Formula. I also have the original GT steering wheel instead of the Formula 4 spoke.

I understand some Mera's had aftermarket steering wheels installed at Corporate Concepts. I also know they offered a custom leather interior, with cut pile carpeting, for the 87's. I am not sure if any 88 Formula based cars had that interior installed. The only other thing different was the VIN number designating the model of chassis the Mera was built on. I wonder if Corporate Concepts built a base Formula Mera with manual windows and locks? That would make is the lightest Mera produced, unless one was built without A/C, which I really doubt.

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 04-18-2011).]

reholmes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesDirect Link to This Post

one question.....did/does the 1988 Mera-Formula have the SE style steering wheel??
that looks like the SE steering wheel i was supposed to have

That's the wheel that originally came on #8046 (I think). Paul V swapped it out for the three-spoke with center cap.

[This message has been edited by reholmes (edited 04-27-2011).]

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
Three of my Meras had the standard three spoke GT steering wheel. The fourth one had a customized wheel since it was in a F308 configuration. I also have a steering wheel center cap identical to the one pictured above that came with one of the 87 Meras. The referenced center cap looks identical to mine (in fact it even has the same cracks) and I wonder if someone accidentally substituited a photo of my steering wheel in this thread.

Nelson

JR

The suspension is the same on the Formula and GT. The GT came standard with more power equipment, and offered options not available on the Formula. Power mirrors were not an option on the Formula but the Vitaloni power mirrors were installed on all the Meras. My GT is equipped with the Pontiac factory leather, and subwoofer which were both not offered on the Formula. I also have the original GT steering wheel instead of the Formula 4 spoke.

I understand some Mera's had aftermarket steering wheels installed at Corporate Concepts. I also know they offered a custom leather interior, with cut pile carpeting, for the 87's. I am not sure if any 88 Formula based cars had that interior installed. The only other thing different was the VIN number designating the model of chassis the Mera was built on. I wonder if Corporate Concepts built a base Formula Mera with manual windows and locks? That would make is the lightest Mera produced, unless one was built without A/C, which I really doubt.

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 04-21-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
Nelson,
Is that wheel on your 87 or 88 Mera? That is the only one I have seen a picture of with the Mera emblem on the wheel.

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 04-21-2011).]

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2011 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
That was on the gray 87. I think that it may have been added, but it is hard to tell. That is why I was very interested to see another one and saddened to see that it appears to be my own center cap.

Nelson

Nelson,
Is that wheel on your 87 or 88 Mera? That is the only one I have seen a picture of with the Mera emblem on the wheel.

reholmes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2011 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

The referenced center cap looks identical to mine (in fact it even has the same cracks) and I wonder if someone accidentally substituited a photo of my steering wheel in this thread.

Nelson

CAUGHT!! Yeah, I clicked on the wrong photo out of my Photobucket album. In fact I remember the discussion way back when, I was looking for a Mera center cap. Well, the point was that 8046 had the "paddle horn" steering wheel, and Paul V replaced it before shipping the car.

OBTW, still looking for the Mera center cap--maybe that was a Freudian click ;-)

Thanks, Nelson, for the catch. (Actually, I was just seeing if Rick was paying attention.)

I am not sure if any 88 Formula based cars had that interior installed.

8046 has the cut pile carpet, but don't know if the leather interior is "custom" --check pic above (yeah, that's really my car, not Nelson's)

[This message has been edited by reholmes (edited 04-23-2011).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2011 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
ohhhh cuz i just had tooo......i gots a new camera, so tell the world!!!!

you know i mean someone has too. am i right or what??

AUH HUH!! sorry its been real nice today after a few weeks of blah.....i am feeling a little gitty.

bump for update!!

daniel

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2011 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009

Originally posted by reholmes:

8046 has the cut pile carpet, but don't know if the leather interior is "custom" --check pic above (yeah, that's really my car, not Nelson's)

yeah thats the Mera leather you got on the center arm rest and box.......wish i had that.
i do however wonder about your seats i thought they looked like the Fiero leather seats.
but as you guys know CC offered the 1987 Leather Seat Option i got but.......
what did they do for the 1988 Leather?? unless this pic is THE example of the 1988 Mera leather seats.
it has the leather everything else, right??

i like my seats they are soo different from the Fiero and also "Dated" which is the best part i love'd the 80's
any of you guys go all 308 on the interior and swap please sell me your OEM Mera Leather.....top dollar for Grey!!
hummmm....wonder if CC did a black leather interior????

Daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 04-23-2011).]

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2011 03:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
Richard's seats are not the factory Pontiac Fiero leather pattern, nor are they the same as the 87 CC optional Mera leather pattern. The rest fo the interiror looks to be all Corporate Concepts leather trim. Perhaps the CC leather seat pattern in 88 was different than the 87 one. Could they be Mr Mikes replacements? Anyone else have a leather 88 interior done by CC?

Dan can dredge up pics of my original Pontiac GT leather interior from page 13 of this thread for compairson. Dan, even though my mind wanders from time to time, I am pretty good at paying attention to this thread.

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 04-23-2011).]

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2011 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post

Rick 88

3914 posts
Member since Aug 2001

Originally posted by hnthomps:

That was on the gray 87. I think that it may have been added, but it is hard to tell. That is why I was very interested to see another one and saddened to see that it appears to be my own center cap.

Nelson

If somone would make a new version of this steering wheel emblem, I would buy one. Rodney.........Rodney
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2011 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Dan can dredge up pics of my original Pontiac GT leather interior from page 13 of this thread for compairson. Dan, even though my mind wanders from time to time, I am pretty good at paying attention to this thread.

that was not me boss......

from reholmes

......OBTW, still looking for the Mera center cap--maybe that was a Freudian click ;-)

Thanks, Nelson, for the catch. (Actually, I was just seeing if Rick was paying attention.)

but i do have these as requested........

Ricks

Tommy....

and Richards for compare.....

looks like Tommy and Richard have the Mera leather re-design, no? they cut some corners it seems

d

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2011 05:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009
after a re-look, Rick?? are you saying you have the OEM Fiero Leather??

cuz if you are that looks better than the no stitch bland seats in them other two.....88 Mera

daniel

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2011 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post

after a re-look, Rick?? are you saying you have the OEM Fiero Leather??

cuz if you are that looks better than the no stitch bland seats in them other two.....88 Mera

daniel

Dan you are correct. My car is OEM Leather. Only the 88 GT's were available with the optional factory leather you see in my car. You could get the leather in either gray or beechwood. However, if you wanted the power lumbar drivers seat option, you had to give up the leather and go with the standard cloth upholstery. It doesn't make any sense, but that was the way these two options were offered.

[This message has been edited by Rick 88 (edited 04-23-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
reholmes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2011 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesDirect Link to This Post

If somone would make a new version of this steering wheel emblem, I would buy one. Rodney.........Rodney

Yeah, me, too--then I wouldn't have to claim pics of Nelson's ;-)

Hey, how 'bout gluing a Mera wheel center to the existing rubber cap using something flexible like hot melt or trim tack. The size is about right.

OBTW, here is an update on 8046 interior--I replaced Nelson's gray steering wheel. Is that a pretty wheel, or what--thanks, Paul. Oh, note the First Place plaque from the BOP Show--I didn't choose the class.

[This message has been edited by reholmes (edited 04-27-2011).]

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2011 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
Very nice Richard. I like the idea of using a wheel center emblem. Does Rodney still sell these?
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2011 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
Hey Johny?? bring some tools with ya....
we (The Mera guys) just found out under the aluminum blank-off for the taillight/rear extention, to be a major water trap.

the water in this photo is from just washing it yesterday.
i would hate to see what an all day rain in the work parking lot would be like

water also seems to soak into the bumper foam like a sponge and has caused mine to rust thru....it broke the other day

that, to me, is the new most worry some spot on a documented Mera to date!!

so you know cant wait for your special day......like Prom HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!

daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 04-28-2011).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2011 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
That is a good one! Holy cow....whats the fix?
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2011 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
One day till Mera!!!!!
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2011 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

One day till Mera!!!!!

oh boy oh boy oh boy......so cool.

i had mine dropped off from FL...... on a "Portable Parking"

heading North to me

such a fine day that was...........

cant wait to see yours
give it a good going over and discount for "bad things"

best of luck for the best (lowest) price!!

as far as fixing mine, i am still thinking about it but i may have a fixer

Daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 04-29-2011).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2011 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

batousai666

4222 posts
Member since Jun 2009

That is a good one! Holy cow....whats the fix?

OK i thought about it.....FIXED IT!!

d

reholmes

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for reholmesSend a Private Message to reholmesDirect Link to This Post
What is that??

[This message has been edited by reholmes (edited 04-30-2011).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by reholmes:

What is that??

its a Michigan strap snake i call him "Bungee" hahahahaaaaa......
i got a broken plastic drum stick that is close to the inside dia of the tube steel.
my goal it too JB weld that in, till i can get that bumper off......thats the best i got.

daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 04-30-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock