Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  YOU INSPIRED ME: "You Know Your A MERA Owner When..." (Page 4)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 
Previous Page | Next Page
YOU INSPIRED ME: "You Know Your A MERA Owner When..." by Wayne Wm. Peterson
Started on: 01-27-2011 11:22 AM
Replies: 145
Last post by: batousai666 on 05-25-2011 08:13 PM
Wayne Wm. Peterson

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2011 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Wm. PetersonSend a Private Message to Wayne Wm. PetersonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mera7:

go for it wayne that would be great

I will.

You Know your a Mera Owner when...Everything about your car is a freak'n mystery!

[This message has been edited by Wayne Wm. Peterson (edited 02-10-2011).]

IP: Logged
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
When your wife asks you if you plan to start a MERA museum.

Nelson
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post

hnthomps

5729 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I know that Bob Bracey died several years ago and I understand that the factory records may not be available and/or may be incomplete at this time.

Nelson

Originally posted by Wayne Wm. Peterson:

OK, time for what might be a stupid question:

With all the questions we Mera owners have about our rides can't we just get a hold of Bob Bracey, or anyone from the old Creative Concepts, they can't all be dead?

Rick 88

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 12:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

When your wife asks you if you plan to start a MERA museum.

Nelson

Your wife is asking a very valid question.
batousai666

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by hnthomps:

I know that Bob Bracey died several years ago and I understand that the factory records may not be available and/or may be incomplete at this time.

Nelson

i think i have the Phone number to Bob Bracey's widow.....but you all know how i feel about personal privacy.

daniel
CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
Not Mine
http://sacramento.craigslis.../cto/2203892865.html

------------------
Red 1988 GT 5 speed
Poly all around, Koni's & Lowered
LQ1 powered

hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post
My answer has been yes (most of the time) when I am able to duck!

Nelson

Originally posted by Rick 88:

Your wife is asking a very valid question.

hnthomps

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2011 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsDirect Link to This Post

hnthomps

5729 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I am not certain if she is still alive but I had (and may still have somewhere on my computer) the actual registration information (including address) and/or bill of sale for her white 88 Mera with auto transmission. I looked at purchasing the car but thought the owner's price was a bit high for the vehicle. He eventually sold it while I was overseas but that was OK by me.

Nelson

Originally posted by batousai666:

i think i have the Phone number to Bob Bracey's widow.....but you all know how i feel about personal privacy.

daniel

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 02-11-2011).]

batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
"you know you are a MERA owner when"..............
you save so much money on oil changes you can afford new personalized plates EVERY YEAR!!!
getyasum!!!

Daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 02-15-2011).]

Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
Dan, maybe I missed it, but can you explain the meaning of your screen name and new license plate?
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
From the wiki.....whos at the door? ohhh yeah MAILMAN!!! TAILPIPES!!!! gotta go!!

Himura KenshinFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search
In this Japanese name, the family name is "Himura".
Himura Kenshin
Rurouni Kenshin character

Himura Kenshin by Nobuhiro Watsuki

Himura Kenshin (緋村 剣心?), known as Kenshin Himura in the English-language anime dubs,[4] is a fictional character from the Rurouni Kenshin universe created by Nobuhiro Watsuki. He is the main protagonist of the manga and anime series, as well as the related media in the franchise. When creating Kenshin, Watsuki designed him to be the physical opposite of Hiko Seijūrō, a character that appears in Watsuki's first one-shot manga, "Crescent Moon in the Warring States"; a character with the same name appears in Rurouni Kenshin as Kenshin's swordsmanship teacher.

Kenshin's story is set in a fictional version of Japan during the Meiji period. Kenshin is a former legendary assassin known as "Hitokiri Battōsai" (人斬り抜刀斎?)[note 1] (rendered as Battousai the manslayer in the Media Blasters English anime dub,[4] as Battousai: The Slasher in the Sony English dub,[7] and as The Unsheather on the Japanese kanzenban covers), more properly named Himura Battōsai (緋村抜刀斎?). At the end of the Bakumatsu, he becomes a wandering samurai, now wielding a sakabatō (逆刃刀?, lit. "reverse-blade sword"), a katana that has the cutting edge on the inwardly curved side of the sword, thus being nearly incapable of killing. Kenshin wanders the countryside of Japan offering protection and aid to those in need, as atonement for the murders he once committed as an assassin. In Tokyo, he meets a young woman named Kamiya Kaoru, who invites him to live in her dojo despite learning about Kenshin's past. Throughout the series, Kenshin begins to establish lifelong relationships with many people, including ex-enemies, while dealing with his fair share of enemies, new and old. Through these encounters and relationships, Kenshin begins to find true atonement for his past enabling him to fully conquer his "Battōsai" nature.

the last line is why i went with Mike

but come to find he is a LIAR!!!!!

HE SAID HE WAS GOING TO SELL ME THESE PIPES FOR $120 SHIPPED. NOT RIGHT AT ALL!!!

HE GOT THE PIPES IN THERE YEAH, BUT HE INCLUDED ALL 4 CALIPERS ALSO WITH PADS, FREE!!!!......MAN, WHAT!!?? LIAR!!!!
X
x
x
x
x
x

GUESS "THEY" WERE RIGHT. KEEP IT UP MIKE hope he lying about that cheap swap too and he just gives it to me!!!

you know!?
the way he sneaks around seems even santa has something to hide.
i am sure the cookie myth started with the ole St. Nick and a "Borrowed" cookie at first!Hahahahaaaaa.............

d

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 02-15-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Indiana_resto_guy

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2011 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Indiana_resto_guySend a Private Message to Indiana_resto_guyDirect Link to This Post
How about this one.

You know you own a Mera when two people can manage to piss off a lot of people in just a matter of hours?

I'm just going to attempt to stay out of it, you guys (not all) just want to play too rough.
And some how managed to . . . . . no I'm not going to say it, I will let time play out and watch and see.
Wayne Wm. Peterson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2011 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Wm. PetersonSend a Private Message to Wayne Wm. PetersonDirect Link to This Post
You know your a Mera Owner when:

You buy a "winter driver" for $2,000.00, add "Winter tires & wheels" for $1,000.00, just so your Mera can be safe from the nasty old snow & salt! (we gotta be sick)
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 07:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
...you drive 14 hours...804 miles...and are happier than a pig rolling in slop when you get home!!!!
Rick 88

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rick 88Send a Private Message to Rick 88Direct Link to This Post
When you would rather drive your Mera than your wife's Vette.........
Mera_Cop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mera_CopSend a Private Message to Mera_CopDirect Link to This Post
When your wife gets jealous of you running errands all the time just to drive it.

You don't want your wife driving it because of all the honks she gets (it does help that my wife is smoking hot and loves the attention)

When your daughter's boyfriend foregoes the limo at prom and asks to take your daughter in your car.

Every teen or twenty-something in a Nissan Z or Mustang GT has to rev it up or burn'em while staring you down. (I just chuckle)

You get stopped by a small town cop and have a detailed argument as to why your insurance card says "Fiero" while you are driving a "G**Darn" Ferrari!

People on FaceBook start using words like "compensating" or "mid-life" when referring to you.

[This message has been edited by Mera_Cop (edited 05-12-2011).]

Wayne Wm. Peterson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Wayne Wm. PetersonSend a Private Message to Wayne Wm. PetersonDirect Link to This Post
Ha Ha, it's still alive! I can't believe it, we started this with 12 inches of snow on the ground, and now it's May!
Sweet, proves you can't keep a good (funny) thread down. Keep it going guys.

When...You "fold yourself" into the Mera to go 2 miles for milk, twice.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
"You KNOW WHEN........"one keeps his nose to the grindstone and hits paydirt.....so would like to find that parked in a dark alley

also.....set the history books....some Mera had no Back up lights.....CONFIRMED!!

diggin a hole to let the Mera out!! who let the Mera out?? I, let the Mera out!! getyasum!!

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 05-13-2011).]

Brastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-13-2011 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrasticClick Here to visit Brastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BrasticDirect Link to This Post
- When you cannot find "stock" size tires for your car
- You know that sound when the rear deck gives out and it smacks your head
- When scrapping the front lip causes you to cringe because you know it is fiberglass that is scrapping
- When people try to point out that "real" 308s did not come in fiberglass and that they were faster that a Fiero
- When you cannot part it in a public parking lot with out worrying the whole time.
- When you wake up in the middle of the night at a hotel just to check to make sure no one is touching your car.
- When you car is appraised and insured for $25k even though you are no where close to that number.
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2011 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Brastic:

- When scrapping the front lip causes you to cringe because you know it is fiberglass that is scrapping
- When people try to point out that "real" 308s did not come in fiberglass and that they were faster that a Fiero
- When you cannot part it in a public parking lot with out worrying the whole time.
- When you wake up in the middle of the night at a hotel just to check to make sure no one is touching your car.
- When you car is appraised and insured for $25k even though you are no where close to that number.

- hopefully its the air dam....at least thats what i tell myself
-actually the very first Ferrari 308's were Fiberglass....stick that in their pipe and punch them in the chest
-i feel that totally!!
-i sleep in mine
-Damn....thats a shinney penny pre premimum i bet

oh well you got to love em...these Mera are different and fun to play with.

"......WHEN"... a hole in the muffler sounds like a tune up!! hahahahaaaa.....
i recently fixed my pipes and its qiuet.....too quiet

Daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 05-14-2011).]

Mera_Cop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-16-2011 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mera_CopSend a Private Message to Mera_CopDirect Link to This Post
When two kids jump in front of your car with cel phones to take pics while you are at the ATM.

Drunks stop in the middle of the road just to blow kisses to your car. (really happend right after a Thunder playoff game.)

BTW Mine does not have the back up lights!!!

[This message has been edited by Mera_Cop (edited 05-16-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
when.....real Ferrari guys threaten to "show you (me) a real 308"

hahahaaaa bring it!! maybe the next photo session i do will have a real 308 and Mera X as the focus....
i can only hope getsum!!

d
Mera_Cop

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mera_CopSend a Private Message to Mera_CopDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by batousai666:

"You KNOW WHEN........"one keeps his nose to the grindstone and hits paydirt.....so would like to find that parked in a dark alley

also.....set the history books....some Mera had no Back up lights.....CONFIRMED!!

diggin a hole to let the Mera out!! who let the Mera out?? I, let the Mera out!! getyasum!!

Man! That could be mine (8019) in the second pic. No back up lights and red!!!
AWESOME STUFF!!!
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mera_Cop:

Man! That could be mine (8019) in the second pic. No back up lights and red!!!
AWESOME STUFF!!!

well, i am not too sure....i think this was shot in 1987.
i only say this for the fact that, all the Mera have the diamond spoke wheels, no Cromodora.

but seeing as you have a low 1988 Mera # .....maybe.
it is my belief that the Yellow one on that truck is #7029 which was/is in SanDiego, CA for sale as we speak.

these are the little things i am after this year....when did the Cromodoras show on a Mera?
when did the Manual Mirror switch happen?? i am also curious as to the pointed alum eng grill.
i wanna know if CC started rounding them or if its a Mod the actual owners have done.

FUN FUN FUN!!!

later
daniel

[This message has been edited by batousai666 (edited 05-17-2011).]

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2011 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinDirect Link to This Post
Okay, my turn...when your wife says "I like this one....when are you getting yourself one?"
batousai666

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2011 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for batousai666Send a Private Message to batousai666Direct Link to This Post
"when........" you have to use the 16" spare from you Jeep Cherokee because of the large aluminum spacers needed to fit the Mera wheel wells

thankfully i caught this in the garage and not on the road. the 'NEW' spare dont fit in the front compartment.
damn! there goes the trunk space its better than walking....tho

daniel
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock