VFiber Fiero Bodykits! by JSzpotek
Started on: 01-07-2011 08:34 PM
Replies: 86
Last post by: Australian on 01-07-2012 01:08 AM
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

I've been reading up on the VFiber guys...

A lot of very bad reviews on the products out there...
EG: Product arrived with very visible repairs, when it was sold as new.
Customer support from VFiber amounts to "If you don't like it, ship it back at your cost, and pay a 15% restocking fee" even when the issue is with the product and not a "dislike"...

Just google "Vfiber review".

What annoys me is people that buy things and have no idea about what they are buying you will find that it is up to the installer to finish off any body kit from any manufacturer. What your buying is the rough mold sure it is finished off in primer but the edges etc all need to be made to fit the individual car. There will be thin bits in any bumper again up to the installer to fix.
In the hardware business there is a lot of things available in kit form just because it is a kit people assume it must be simple to erect etc so they buy garden sheds and fan kits and have all the parts but quite often people assume it must be easy if it is in kit form. The truth is and it applies here also if you don't have the skills to build it from scratch do not buy it. A garden shed arrives in sheet metal unassembled no do no nothing. The same people that complain their bumper wasn't just a bolt on job will also complain their shed should have 4 sides and a roof ready to bolt together not a pile of sheet metal and u channel.

I will tell you right now that unless your buying the FACTORY bumper of any model car it will NOT fit without modification.
It will not matter where it was made or who made it there is NO bumper kit for any car that will simply bolt on and look right.
IP: Logged
Hockaday

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 12:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HockadaySend a Private Message to HockadayDirect Link to This Post
Isn't that the point of a bolt on body kit ( which almost all are described to be ) that its designed FOR that year make and model there fore it should be basically a direct bolt on...if anything I would think you'd have to tweak YOUR car due to the age of it...after all the part is brand new and should be perfect... -shrugs-
Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hockaday:
Isn't that the point of a bolt on body kit ( which almost all are described to be ) that its designed FOR that year make and model there fore it should be basically a direct bolt on...if anything I would think you'd have to tweak YOUR car due to the age of it...after all the part is brand new and should be perfect... -shrugs-

Unfortunately that's not the case. If you haven't put on a fiberglass body kit before then you likely haven't encountered the problems that people go through. Very often people buy entire kits made out of fiberglass and such things occur as maybe one side rocker not being long enough or a significant dip in one side of the bumper. It's incredibly common. The problem is the people that produce these kits would actually have to test fit and pre-install every piece they create to check for defects. When you're pumping out massive amounts of product, this doesn't warrant the time to do such things. I can imagine that V-Fiber does correct some deficiencies before the product goes out (hence that a review exists that the product wasn't "new". Likely V-Fiber tried to correct a low spot), but not all pieces can be tailored to a particular car.

No one should expect to purchase any body kit and it simply bolt up. It doesn't happen.
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post
But is it bad when even the body shop looks at the part and refuses to work with it?

These are just two of the many you can find...
http://www.chargerforums.co...wthread.php?t=125372

http://www.fordforums.com/f...ware-garbage-131296/
Bump

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BumpSend a Private Message to BumpDirect Link to This Post
Not all kits are that bad. I had this exact kit from Andy'sAutoSport back in highschool and it was about as "paint and bolt on" as could be. And was a great kit!

http://www.andysautosport.c...as/andy00067659.html

Yes it was a cheaper kit and I would hesitate to buy a kit that cheap again.... You get what you pay for.

EDIT: Speaking of AAS.... they have the VFiber kits even cheaper....
http://www.andysautosport.c...dy_kits/vision_auto/

Item Unit Price Qty Total
Vision Auto
Vision Autodynamics Border Style Body Kit - Front
PART NO: F84PFB

$163.18
18.00 % off on this product
$163.18

SubTotal: $163.18
Shipping: $134.94
Total: $298.12

[This message has been edited by Bump (edited 01-11-2011).]

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post

But is it bad when even the body shop looks at the part and refuses to work with it?

These are just two of the many you can find...
http://www.chargerforums.co...wthread.php?t=125372

That happens quite often. I've had to work with some shotty bumpers etc before as well. I've had to put another layer on the parts because I felt it was super thin over the whole thing, plus having to rebuild corners etc to match..

Mass parts leads to mass defects and since these aren't parts you can put in an envelope, many companies won't fork over the return shipping costs.

[This message has been edited by Custom2M4 (edited 01-11-2011).]

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hockaday:

Which is why I get a little annoyed when people ask me if my car is a kit car. It is a replica. You can not buy a murcielago kit. You can buy body parts. Then you can figure out how to mount it, and what parts you will need to do it with. Archie sells a master kit for his v8 installs and from what I understand you get every part, nut, and bolt etc. that you need for the job and you don't have to shop for anything to finish it. Now that's a kit. The reason so many replicas are never finished is because people think they're going to buy an 8000 dollar body and bolt it onto a 500 dollar fiero and drive it away. Sounds easy. Not going to happen. Replicas normally take years to finish. I bought mine registered and running, but that was only the beginning. As they say, it's finished when you sell it. I'll be modifying for years. It's my hobby. Now then, back to vfiber. I would buy from them if I could drive over, hand over my money and see exactly what I was getting.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
I've received kits from veilside and xenon directly that were so bad it took weeks to repair and mount. It's the nature of the beast. Sometimes you get defective ones that didn't pull off the mold right. Sadly, no matter where you get a "kit" from there is always fitment issues. Just depends on how bad!
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post

I can see where particular body shops would not want to attempt to assemble a shoddy product. Another issue in addition to those threads is that a lot of shops do not want to be liable for when later on down the road a few weeks later the product cracks or becomes damaged. Unfortunately the first person that would be blamed in such an instance would be the body shop as I can see infuriated owners coming back to a shop over such instances. Yet a car owner should realize that when you make the choice to put on body panels that were not originally intended for the car you automatically assume all the risks that come along with utilizing such products. The blame for it being damaged ultimately falls upon the owner of the vehicle, considering that most all body kit suppliers put in very fine print "off-road use only."
Dirty Harry

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dirty HarrySend a Private Message to Dirty HarryDirect Link to This Post
As stated above "You get what you pay for". Odd how most threads on custom body kits/parts are full of complaints about how expensive they are or that it's a rip-off. Now someone tries to make a reasonably priced kit and all we hear is that it's too cheap and the quality isn't good enough. You can get good and you can get cheap but you don't get them both together.

------------------
87 GT Maroon 3800SC & White Formula

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 12:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
You guys need to look around-for there are plenty of high end companies making lousy kits for the NSX. Despite the high cost-you still need major tweaking to fit all parts together. I've seen were one guy spent many hours and money reworking his door/fender gap. As for VFiber Fiero body kits-visually there semi tuner looking or as someone mentioned RX-7 while the other style is on Ferrari's coat tails. It appears that most companies can't seem to find a unique design that fits our Fieros. Maybe it's because they're into the import crowd or maybe a lack of imagination (as seen on one of the ugly rear bumper kit), but one thing that stands out is-they look like something you've already seen before.
PFF
System Bot
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTDirect Link to This Post
Personally i like to fit it the best i can and then scuff the inside or outside of the part and lay another thin sheet of glass for reinforcement before putting it on the car.... but that's just me.

As for "Kits" personally i think all kits should be modified to fit what YOU like anyway. Maybe not as much "Tweeking" as curly and the gang but just enough to say it's yours and yours only.
fieroboy_gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2011 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboy_gtSend a Private Message to fieroboy_gtDirect Link to This Post
Im suprised no one has bought one an installed it yet. I wish i had cash so bad. I want the fenders an one of the front ends so bad.wish i could see real pictures on some ones car at a bunch of angles.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2011 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

You guys need to look around-for there are plenty of high end companies making lousy kits for the NSX. Despite the high cost-you still need major tweaking to fit all parts together. I've seen were one guy spent many hours and money reworking his door/fender gap. As for VFiber Fiero body kits-visually there semi tuner looking or as someone mentioned RX-7 while the other style is on Ferrari's coat tails. It appears that most companies can't seem to find a unique design that fits our Fieros. Maybe it's because they're into the import crowd or maybe a lack of imagination (as seen on one of the ugly rear bumper kit), but one thing that stands out is-they look like something you've already seen before.

Companies like this don't build from scratch.. They'll take a part off the shelf cut it up and make it fit other cars. Its easier than the R/D etc of a new 'style'. However these parts make it easier for someone to MAKE their own, since they are made from fiberglass already.

Originally posted by fieroboy_gt:

Im suprised no one has bought one an installed it yet. I wish i had cash so bad. I want the fenders an one of the front ends so bad.wish i could see real pictures on some ones car at a bunch of angles.

Agreed.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2011 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
That might be true in some cases, but I'm referring to the kits especially for the NSX-not the fly by night ricer mods that all share the same features with similar dimensions

http://www.nsxprime.com/for...owthread.php?t=60872

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2011 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

I actually think these kits might be a nice starting point for someone looking to tweek out their fiero. These guys have the basic dimensions right and the parts are made of fiberglass so you can basically just go to town changing it up as you want, cutting, adding, or shaping to the basic shape already made for the fiero.

As just a bolt on i am not to keen on them, but the potential for major tweekness would be my main enticement. Much easier than just starting from scratch.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2011 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidndianne10
Ok heres the deal Wrecked my 03 SRT on 1/6/06 and have been in the market to get a unique look to my car since it was going to be repaired so I started to look around in magazines for carbon fiber and fiber glass stuff. I ended up getting a hood from modern performance "GREAT HOOD" and also got some fiber glass X1 fenders from Vision Auto Dynamics or Vfiber.com. What a mistake these guys are thw worst company known to man. First off the product looks nothing like what is displayed fact is i took the fenders to 3 different body shops to look at them and they all laughed at them. The first thing they said is they looked like someone made these in a garage at home. The other is the time to prep the before they could put any paint on is "my god" 12 to 15 hours per fender is the least amount of time the highest was 20 to 24 hours per fender and this is 3 professional body shops hear in the local area. So I said to my body shop that I did not want to spend 1000 bucks per fender to have them installed to send them back. So my body shop called Vision Auto Dynamics to send them back they said that you pay for what you get 199.00 for the fenders. So my body shop said that they have never had to pay 199.00 for fiber glass garbage before they want to return them. Vision Auto Dynamics wont buck up and pay for shipping or even half of the shipping so it is going to cost me over 180 bucks to ship it back to them as much as the fenders cost. I know you have some prep time when you buy fiber glass I have done it before but the most I have ever encountered was 10 hours for 2 fenders. These Fenders were terrible the worst any shop that looked at them had ever seen. SO BEWARE OF VISION AUTO DYNAMICS OR VFIBER.COM

Wow! First off-you need to actually see the product. Otherwise, you'd be a complete fool.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-20-2011).]

outlawfiero17

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Direct Link to This Post
so nobody here has got anything from them? im about to be "borrowed" by another reserve unit and will be gone for a while. good side is ill have the money to have my car painted the way i want it. and a little side money for extra's was thinking on getting the fenders and maybe a rear bumper but from what i read i think its i stay away.
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by outlawfiero17:
so nobody here has got anything from them? im about to be "borrowed" by another reserve unit and will be gone for a while. good side is ill have the money to have my car painted the way i want it. and a little side money for extra's was thinking on getting the fenders and maybe a rear bumper but from what i read i think its i stay away.

This is kind of ironic that you posted this, as I can now give a bit of input and bump the thread.

This doesn't exactly relate to Fieros, but it does relate to the topic on hand - the quality of VFiber products.

A few weeks back a local gentleman was selling an entire body kit from VFiber for a 2G Eclipse for a $100 never mounted. Since I have a Spyder and needed a new front bumper anyway, I bought the kit, then immediately sold everything except the front and essentially got a free front bumper. Not a bad transaction actually. I've worked with plenty of body kits and such but have never put one on a car I have owned as I don't much care for them, but obviously it's hard to pass up something I knew I could get essentially for free. I later found out that the guy actually was given the kit, so he made money, I then sold the rest minus the front for what I paid for it, and another guy got the parts he wanted. Kind of was a win-win-win the whole way around.

The VFiber kit included the front bumper, rear bumper, side skirts, and fender flares. Courtesy of their webpage, everything retailed for right around $550. Then you add on the shipping. So even without the front the guy I sold it to got a hell of a deal. From what I saw, the quality of the assembly of parts actually wasn't that bad. They were for sure a lot better than anything any cheapo eBay vendor could put out. All the parts had the correct gelcoat applied to the outside. It appears the way they laid the fiberglass was they applied the gel first, then laid down what appears to be about three layers of fiber, then gelled the back side up to seal the fiber. While not the best way to assemble by any means, it's at least better than some of the fiberglass body work I've seen that has fibers sticking out of the sides or the back. These pieces had none of that other than the normal ridges behind the parts produced by the fiberglass mat, but all of that was covered to some degree. As with anything made out of fiberglass, you could see through the back of it to a small degree, but it was mostly light shadows. That's a good thing. If you buy a fiberglass piece of bodywork, press your hand to the gel coat, then from the back you can see the details of your hand, you're in trouble.

The side skirt pieces were built very well. They were surprisingly the correct length of the car (you'd be surprised how often side skirts made out of fiberglass are either too long or too short for the side of the car). They however were pulled from a VERY rough tooling mold, which I'm assuming that all their side skirts are for all their pieces. They would have needed some significant trimming around the door area and the wheel well attach points. Otherwise though the same build quality as the front was on these.

The rear was as good as the front. Would have needed some trimming and had some low spots, but otherwise came out the mold rather well.

As I was only going to keep the front, I began working on it. If you have never worked with fiberglass parts before, sometimes when the gel coat is poured and then the first layer of glass is laid it sometimes doesn't get into all the nooks and crannies. This was the case with this front. It is an Evo 4 style front with large fog lamps. The bowls of the lamp housings had some missing fiberglass from the gel. The overall shape however was very passable. I only had to do some minor sanding around the sides and front where all the ridges are to work out imperfections. Some areas around my Eclipse's headlights looked a little off also, but as the bumper slips under the lights it was covered by them. Mounted up it mounted well. The sides around where the fenders meet the top of the bumper are a bit short, but it's not very noticeable.

My take on the product is that for sure VFiber products have their issues, but for the price they are charging it's to be expected. I really don't know what people expect when they buy these sorts of parts. They don't go on perfect. They all need work. You should never buy anything out of fiberglass and ultimately assume it's just going to bolt right up to the car with little work. I'd imagine the Fiero parts are going to be of the same build quality, so you're going to expect some serious work, but it's not going to be anything to the degree of having to re-gel or lay another layer for strength.

If anyone want's to see how their non-Fiero product looked on my car PM me. It's slightly off-topic as it's not Fiero related.
outlawfiero17

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Direct Link to This Post
i was just aiming at the fenders. but yeah body work isnt my thing.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post
Thats the thing about any fiberglass vendor. It's the gelcoat that makes up the outer layer and that layer is the paintable one. If there are air bubbles in the layup, you end up with pockets of air that, when you press on them, collapse into a small void or hole. They can easily be repaired and that justifies the cheaper prices. It is pretty simple to go over the entire piece and do whatever repairs are necessary. I would buy from them if I had another car to build.
PFF
System Bot
outlawfiero17

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for outlawfiero17Send a Private Message to outlawfiero17Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:

Thats the thing about any fiberglass vendor. It's the gelcoat that makes up the outer layer and that layer is the paintable one. If there are air bubbles in the layup, you end up with pockets of air that, when you press on them, collapse into a small void or hole. They can easily be repaired and that justifies the cheaper prices. It is pretty simple to go over the entire piece and do whatever repairs are necessary. I would buy from them if I had another car to build.

come build my car. i leave on the 31st and i cant stand it. i just got everything done and ready for my 3.4 swap. now i have to leave until september. so when i get back it'll be crappy weather and ill have to wait another 8 months to swap.
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 07:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IMSA GT:
It's the gelcoat that makes up the outer layer and that layer is the paintable one. If there are air bubbles in the layup, you end up with pockets of air that, when you press on them, collapse into a small void or hole. They can easily be repaired and that justifies the cheaper prices. It is pretty simple to go over the entire piece and do whatever repairs are necessary.

The bubbles surprisingly weren't that bad. I was expecting many bubbles in the gel. There was only maybe three total - not bad really, and they were all less than half an inch.

A bigger issue I ran into was lower portions of the piece and the sides had runs from the gel. It was actually pretty significant. Some of it was covered up or not noticeable, so I hit it with a few grits just to get it down and it was fine.
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
could you post pics of the bumper. I know its not fiero related directly, but it speaks to the quality of their parts which they do produce for the fiero.

[This message has been edited by Macs86GT (edited 05-09-2011).]

Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
If the other members do not mind I will Mac. I'll have to do it when I get home later tonight though (probably around 9 PM). My apologies. I have shots of the front mounted and some pics of the other stuff that I never mounted up.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Macs86GT:

could you post pics of the bumper. I know its not fiero related directly, but it speaks to the quality of their parts which they do produce for the fiero.

X2, I was going to suggest this as well.
Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 05:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
No problem, i just wanted to see the overall quality. I am looking to get a pair of their front fenders and have at them with a chop chop here and fiberglass there. That is assuming they look to be servicable as a jump off point.

Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post
Since Macs86GT and others have inquired about the quality of VFiber body work, I now have some pics as promised. Again, this is not of a Fiero, but is still on the subject matter at hand.

First, this is what's on my car - a.k.a. 'the-free-vfiber-bumper':

You'll have to excuse the car, but it's my daily driver / work car, so it gets beat up, has been rear ended three times, hit in the front once (none of these my fault), it gets parked in the city so people have banged and scratched it. That's why panels are not exactly aligned and there's dents and dings. Lots of fun...

The bumper is VFiber's 'Evo 5' bumper. They have an entire kit of it. I unfortunately no longer have many pics, as I seem to have deleted some off my phone but I kept a photograph of the side skirts and the fender flares. As I mentioned prior I sold the remainder of the kit off right after I bought it to recoop my costs.

What you may see right away by looking at the side skirts is the center portion where the door sill would be. This is entirely wrong. It would have needed significant cutting and reworking before it could even begin to be mounted onto a car. However, some good things were the gel coat was actually very good on these pieces (the grease is from me moving them around). Additionally, the fiberglass layup on these was rather good. IMSA GT pointed out some of the problems layup mat can get, such as air pockets that form a void. These had none of that. Additionally, they were the actual length of my car (not short or too long). And the vents were pre-cut. All VERY good signs for this type of product.

You can kind of see the rear bumper at the top of the prior photograph. It did have some gel coat issues, but I believe this to have been primarily problems faced by the prior owner when he stored it. Again, I wasn't planning on using it or the side skirts.

The fender flares you see are VFiber's universal flares. I believe they retail for around $60. These are actually a very interesting product for what they are. If anyone out there is wanting to create some sort of widebody-wanna-be flared setup for their Fiero, they'd probably work very well. I held up one to each corner of my '86 GT and with some minor cutting around the belt line you can get these to contour well against the body.

So again here's the straight on shot. You can see some issues where the fiberglass has waved a bit. The top between the lights is actually an issue with my hood and the way the front mounted. On a more "clean" and "straight" Eclipse, it would probably have mounted better. Again though, this bumper isn't going to be on this car forever, and is just there until I can get the OEM piece sorted out (free is the best price ). One thing that amazed me, as I mentioned in the prior post, is the fiberglass is actually laid very well for the cost (well, what you'd pay. Of course mine was free). It's not the thickest out there, but by no means the thinnest. It got as large as just a snitch above a fifth of an inch in places and the lowest points were right around a sixth. Again not the best for fiberglass, but very passable. And they seem to know where to actually strengthen the points that need to be strengthened. The lower portion and the mounting points have a bit thicker layup.

This is one of the side port holes around the large fog lamp area. Again, this area needed some work, as the layup gel didn't get into all the corners. The rough edges could use some more sanding and shaping, but at 15 ft it looks fine.

Here's the back side that I mentioned. I actually purposely left these runs in the layup gel just to show how the parts would likely look pulled from the mold. Again, there were many instances of runs in the gel. This actually wasn't the worse, but it was one of the more worse ones (the worst can't be seen when the bumper is mounted, thankfully).

I did purposely go around and bang the bottom up just to see how it'd hold up. It's going to break if I went flying over any sort of big bump, but at normal "slow-down" speeds over speed bumps and driveway entrances the bottom did scrape like normal and it seems to be holding up fine. If it breaks it's no skin off my bones, but I won't purposely break it. I WILL however, update here when and if it happens to "buy the farm" and bust the bottom up in any way.

So again the question is the verdict on quality. My take is that the products VFiber produce is in no way going to be the best thing you can get. However, as many like exotice has eluded to, these are EXCELLENT pieces by which to purchase and tweak your own creations. You have to think - you can get nearly an entire body kit setup for at $700 or under and then the cost of shipping obviously. That is a hell of a good price for pieces that you'd mod up anyway to suit your needs. Again though, I'm very anxious to get the OEM piece back on, so I hope my little playing around with these things may have helped some decide. Do know obviously we can't guarantee the Fiero parts will be the same build quality, but at least one would at least think that.

If anyone does decide to purchase any Fiero bodywork from them please let us know what your take is on them.

[This message has been edited by Fiero84Freak (edited 05-09-2011).]

Macs86GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks fiero freak, that isnt a bad looking part, needs work but nothing a few hours and some sand paper/ bondo cant fix. Once i get a few things straightned out i will see about getting the fenders and see if i cant do some surgery on em.

this is what i had in mind. More of a smoother transition and the belt moulding will taper, or i will put some kind of fiero related logo there or lettering denoting engine type or something.

Mickey_Moose

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 143
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mickey_MooseClick Here to visit Mickey_Moose's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mickey_MooseDirect Link to This Post
[sigh]

I find it ironic that when someone puts out a new part and charges a lot of money for it, people around here moan and complain that it cost too much…along comes another company that is selling parts for cheaper, and again we have people moaning and complaining that it is too cheap.

Land sakes…make up your bloody minds…

Just be happy that someone is taking the time to support the Fiero...yesh...
Fiero84Freak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2011 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Mickey_Moose:
[sigh]

I find it ironic that when someone puts out a new part and charges a lot of money for it, people around here moan and complain that it cost too much…along comes another company that is selling parts for cheaper, and again we have people moaning and complaining that it is too cheap.

I think the primary problem is again people are expecting to pay money for a product and it just bolt up to their cars "fine, no problem". That's not going to happen - with ANYTHING you buy body-wise that is aftermarket. If you're expecting that, then you need to reconsider putting aftermarket body work on your car to avoid the headaches ahead of time.
PFF
System Bot
Dehning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2011 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DehningClick Here to visit Dehning's HomePageSend a Private Message to DehningDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to give the group a word of caution.

I ordered and immediately paid for the full F3556 kit in May of this year (2011). After innumerable delays they finally delivered the wrong kit to me a couple months ago. They tried to make a deal with me to keep the wrong kit but I really want the Ferrari look so I politely declined. Now, almost 7 months after I placed the order, I still don't have my kit. The rear Ferrari taillight section and side scoops which I ordered from other sellers afterwards are already covered in dust waiting for the rest.

Tread carefully my Fiero friends

Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2011 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
which kit did you end up recieving? Do you have any pictures?

------------------

DevilWithout a Cause

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post12-05-2011 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DevilWithout a CauseSend a Private Message to DevilWithout a CauseDirect Link to This Post
I love these kits, I am going to put them on my next Fiero, I hear they are really hard to work with but thats how it is with almost every aftermarket kit for any jap car.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2011 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Seriously, I've personally have seen the kits and they're a piece of crap!

1. They don't fit.

2. The fiberglass isn't of good quality.

3. They're Rice-O-Roni and look like you got them from Pep Boys.

Conclusion: You'll be cursing yourself if you buy the kit for it will take plenty of man hours to get it to fit any Fiero and when you do-you'll look like you bought a box of Rice-O-Roni. My .02. Buy JimmyS or V8Archie and call it a day.

------------------

"Friends don't let their friends drive stock."

nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2011 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Seriously, I've personally have seen the kits and they're a piece of crap!

1. They don't fit.

2. The fiberglass isn't of good quality.

3. They're Rice-O-Roni and look like you got them from Pep Boys.

Conclusion: You'll be cursing yourself if you buy the kit for it will take plenty of man hours to get it to fit any Fiero and when you do-you'll look like you bought a box of Rice-O-Roni. My .02. Buy JimmyS or V8Archie and call it a day.

Agreed, don't forget Tha Driver/ Amida. For the amount of time you're gonna spend messing with them to make them look/ fit right, not to mention reinforce them to actually hold up- you'll have been better off buying the properly made parts sold here or even trying to make your own parts.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2011 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

Agreed, don't forget Tha Driver/ Amida. For the amount of time you're gonna spend messing with them to make them look/ fit right, not to mention reinforce them to actually hold up- you'll have been better off buying the properly made parts sold here or even trying to make your own parts.

That crap will be "flapping in the wind" when seen on the hwys going 65mph.
Dehning

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2011 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DehningClick Here to visit Dehning's HomePageSend a Private Message to DehningDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Custom2M4:

which kit did you end up recieving? Do you have any pictures?

I ended up with the "Border" style kit, just search for "vfiber fiero border" on eBay.

Once again after numerous unanswered emails, the ebay seller (express_aero_kits) finally emailed me back last night saying that my kit is still stuck in customs so at this rate, I will not see my kit in this year and I ordered it in May :\

[This message has been edited by Dehning (edited 12-17-2011).]

ALJR

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2011 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALJRSend a Private Message to ALJRDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dehning:

Once again after numerous unanswered emails, the ebay seller (express_aero_kits) finally emailed me back last night saying that my kit is still stuck in customs so at this rate, I will not see my kit in this year and I ordered it in May :\

And now your screwed if you need to file an Ebay/Paypal claim because too much time has passed...
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2011 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Direct Link to This Post
Thats brutal! That kit has to be the ugliest thing I've ever seen. The other ones could be tweeked into not to shabby looking.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock