Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Second Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show Frazee, MN July 29-31 (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
Previous Page | Next Page
Second Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show Frazee, MN July 29-31 by nellieship
Started on: 01-04-2011 05:18 PM
Replies: 867
Last post by: carbon on 01-13-2012 02:01 PM
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
nellieship gonna need a full scan of that article... for the website ....

JohnWPB did you get a chance to send me the html of the sites about Tyler ?

Danyel

edited ........................... MY page !!!!

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 01-12-2011).]

IP: Logged
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Danyel, not yet, let me get that together for you... sorry. I ordered a copy, and can scan it if someone else does not get it done first.

I did a little Googling and that magazine was put out by the USA Today presses, by People magazine.

A copy can be ordered for $7.99 + $3 shipping here:
https://store.nexternal.com/usatoday/storefront/celebrity-year-in-review-p15673.aspx

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 01-12-2011).]

Celthora87GT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTDirect Link to This Post
HEY! I dont really know anyone:/ but i think this would be a great way to acctualy meet the Fiero community. Im thinking of making a trek up there not to far from me... only a few hundred miles

------------------
1987 Black GT with BIG plans

PURPLE REIGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Celthora87GT:

HEY! I dont really know anyone:/ but i think this would be a great way to acctualy meet the Fiero community. Im thinking of making a trek up there not to far from me... only a few hundred miles

Geeze, you gotta be on Mark & Kristi's door step !!!!! Same town. Ever heard of Firefox on here ? They're a great Fiero couple to hook up with !!
fieroguy123

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
I've been in the garage every night for 3 weeks straight now, and I've finally got the Formula running BEAUTIFULLY with its new engine and the 5spd conversion (from automatic). The only thing left is my prom from Sinister Performance to solve the SES Light issue.
This will be a MUCH more pleasant trip this time around and I'm really looking forward to this years Camp Shipman!!!
No more running 4K RPM at 75mph for 18hrs straight

Oh! And please join us this year, Celthora, I garuntee you will have a blast!

[This message has been edited by fieroguy123 (edited 01-12-2011).]

DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Good job on getting the car up and running. Now if I could get my 88 ready... Yeah right, that would mean working one it! 87 is still suffering from it's vac leak somewhere. I just got off the phone with a guy named will... I think... from Connecticut. He isn't a forum regular, but he did call me about some dews I had sold him. During the conversation I showed him the Tyler KARE videos. He wants to come to the next memorial. So I gave them the info and showed them this thread, then had to hassle them for not wanting to camp... THey have many nights free at a holiday inn so they can claim to be the "experts" HAHAHA. I told them that Andy is in Berlin, Pen so he may want to set up a time to meet up.

Stu
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2011 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
I'm doing some scouring around too.... will see if I can get some canadians to tag along to be followed
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Direct Link to This Post
Looks like i might be bringing a Fiero up there this year
1984whitesc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Celthora87GT:

HEY! I don't really know anyone:/ but i think this would be a great way to actualy meet the Fiero community. I'm thinking of making a trek up there not to far from me... only a few hundred miles

Well we Wisconsinites can all caravan together. That is if you are going to take I94 all the way over. I94 runs right through Eau Claire. I am not sure if I will be able to take the 84 this year because of the burn wounds. I do have an 88 that I might take if I can get a new engine put in by then.

------------------

Thank for the sig. Bobadoofunk
1984 White Fiero Sport Coupe (Juliet)
1988 Red Fiero Standard Coupe (bella)
1990 Black Buick Reatta (Noir)
2002 White Chevy Impala base(Haylie)

[This message has been edited by 1984whitesc (edited 01-14-2011).]

1984whitesc

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2011 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescDirect Link to This Post

1984whitesc

1043 posts
Member since Jun 2006
oops....double post

[This message has been edited by 1984whitesc (edited 01-14-2011).]

fierogal123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogal123Send a Private Message to fierogal123Direct Link to This Post
Wish we were further north! The drive is killer for us. At least we're not in Texas though.
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Tyler is trying to steal my parts from me! I placed a good size order with TFS and for some reason, my default shipping address on their site is Tyler's address, so my order got shipped to there. They tried to call me to see if it was correct, but I wasn't home, so they released the shipment anyway. Luckily, I was able to get the shipment turned around, and it's heading back my way now. You can't have my Formula parts, Tyler.
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
You sure it was Tyler? Or was it Nellie!?
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
Well, it was addressed to Tyler. When I make my orders from TFS, I always call them in. But this time I ordered online, and the last address I used for shipping in there was when I ordered a set of clear marker lights for Tyler's car for the build while I was in Iraq. I guess it saved that address as my default.
Tstang429

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2011 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tstang429Send a Private Message to Tstang429Direct Link to This Post
Well I am hoping to get My car on the road by then and meet up with you guys. Wanted to go last year but finances were not there trying hard this year.
GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2011 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Nellie,

PM sent on badging ideas.

Thanks,
Jeff
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
Not that anyone is counting but you only have 180 days remaining to get ready. Time to save, plan, fix, replace, polish, finish and anything else needed to get yourself and your Fiero to Frazee. Get to work.
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2011 07:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
And we are SOOOOO ready to go. I have mucho work and some road test time needed on Petey, but I am optimistic.

------------------

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
finished my prototype quilt top that I will be making for a raffle for our camp shipman guests. Jay already laid claim to this one, so I will have to make one just like it to give away. It's not quilted yet, so it will have a more finished appearance when it's done, but thought I would show it off a little

------------------
Nellie - forever Tyler's mommy

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post
That is just plain sick, Nellie! And I don't mean the bad sick, the good sick!
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

That is just plain sick, Nellie! And I don't mean the bad sick, the good sick!

why thank ya it's definitely a Fiero item no one else has LOL
PFF
System Bot
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerDirect Link to This Post
That is WAY too cool!
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2011 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
MINE !!!!!!!!!
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2011 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

MINE !!!!!!!!!

WANNA BET!
Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2011 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

WANNA BET!

You won't need a blanket where you are going.
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2011 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post

MINE!

WANNA BET!

You won't need a blanket where you're going!

Hope you all plan on bringing a lot of money, you're gonna have to outbid me if you think you're taking that blanket home

Edit to add: CRAP! Its a raffle isn't it? Nellie, how much for ALL the tickets? Lol
------------------
May the Lord guide me where I must go. May the Fiero get me there in style

[This message has been edited by fieroguy123 (edited 02-05-2011).]

Hulki U. My-BFF

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2011 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroguy123:

Hope you all plan on bringing a lot of money, you're gonna have to outbid me if you think you're taking that blanket home

Edit to add: CRAP! Its a raffle isn't it? Nellie, how much for ALL the tickets? Lol

Little do you know, the drawing has been fixed, and I already have the winning ticket.
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2011 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasDirect Link to This Post
Working on making the trip out this year and camping a night

------------------
1985 Fiero GT 4speed 1986 Fiero GT
1994 BMW 530 V8 1997 BMW 328

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2011 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Well I think no matter who wins ...... WE ALL WIN ..... because ..............we willl be a gang of fieroheads sharing a limited area for a good cause ..... and that my friend is worth all the quilts ever made ......

Nellieship have you received something from an unknown sender ??? I was told by someone here on the forum had sent you a gift ??? This member would like confirmation of receipt of item ... Thanks just passin on the message....

Danyel
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2011 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Well I think no matter who wins ...... WE ALL WIN ..... because ..............we willl be a gang of fieroheads sharing a limited area for a good cause ..... and that my friend is worth all the quilts ever made ......

Nellieship have you received something from an unknown sender ??? I was told by someone here on the forum had sent you a gift ??? This member would like confirmation of receipt of item ... Thanks just passin on the message....

Danyel

I did Danyel! A super cool SkiDoo banner which is already hanging up in the "man cave." I wasn't sure who it was from and posted in off topic trying to figure out who sent it. So... who was it from? and a big 'ol thank you to whomever it was

Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2011 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Nellieship -- all I'm allowed to say is that it was your Secret Santa ..... If I were you I would post a pic of it in that thread .... A skidoo as in Bombardier ??? from my nearby town ? If ya get a chance please post pic of it in the secret santa received gifts I would love to see that

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/083709-3.html

Danyel

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 02-05-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2011 04:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post
Nellie, wow...WoW... W O W! That quilt is amazing! I will be purchasing a LOT of the raffle tickets! !

Genopsyde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2011 04:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GenopsydeClick Here to visit Genopsyde's HomePageSend a Private Message to GenopsydeDirect Link to This Post
no guarantees, but I hope to make this event...

------------------

Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2011 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
If I remember correctly, GTJeff created "caravan shields" for the caravan up to Frazee last year; something similar to the to the Tyler Shipman yellow badge, printed on paper, 8.5 x 11inches, yellow with black and laminated. I searched several of the First Annual car show threads hoping to find a down loadable file I could print, laminate and stick in a window, without success. Does anyone recall these caravan shields and did GTJeff create them? And more importantly is there a file, with enough resolution for something that size available? I think it would be neat for anyone driving any distance to be able to "advertise" the 2nd Annual as we all converge on Frazee. I don't have the technology, let alone the skill, to create something like that but I certainly can take a file to the local OfficeMax or Staples to be printed.

------------------
1988 GT
Manual
Medium Red Metallic
Gray Leather

GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2011 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:

If I remember correctly, GTJeff created "caravan shields" for the caravan up to Frazee last year; something similar to the to the Tyler Shipman yellow badge, printed on paper, 8.5 x 11inches, yellow with black and laminated. I searched several of the First Annual car show threads hoping to find a down loadable file I could print, laminate and stick in a window, without success. Does anyone recall these caravan shields and did GTJeff create them? And more importantly is there a file, with enough resolution for something that size available? I think it would be neat for anyone driving any distance to be able to "advertise" the 2nd Annual as we all converge on Frazee. I don't have the technology, let alone the skill, to create something like that but I certainly can take a file to the local OfficeMax or Staples to be printed.

I did. They were just a larger version of the small yellow Tyler Badges. I would be more than happy to make a printable pdf file available of the 2011 Badge for those wanting one for caravaning. Just tape one inside the window to protect it from the elements or print several. The 2011 Badge design is complete and the art proof has been sent and apporved by Nellie. I will reveal with Nellie's permission.

I can also make available the complete Illustrator file for those graphic artists that want to go beyond just a simple color printout.

Jeff
Tstang429

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2011 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tstang429Send a Private Message to Tstang429Direct Link to This Post
Looks like im out guys enjoy the day.
Danyel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2011 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
GTJEFF ---- HULKI-U --- JohnWPB ....... weren't you guys sending something ??

still waitin
GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

GTJEFF ---- HULKI-U --- JohnWPB ....... weren't you guys sending something ??

still waitin

I am old and its cold. Please refresh my memory.
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Direct Link to This Post
Jeff,

When you have all the T's crossed and I's dotted please let me (all of us) know how to get the files. The more I think of about this trip the more pumped I get.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2011 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Genopsyde:

no guarantees, but I hope to make this event...

Bring the 4x4!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock