Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Second Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show Frazee, MN July 29-31 (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 
Previous Page | Next Page
Second Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show Frazee, MN July 29-31 by nellieship
Started on: 01-04-2011 05:18 PM
Replies: 867
Last post by: carbon on 01-13-2012 02:01 PM

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Ok. I explained to Amy the whole trip thing. She just doesn't get that sometimes it is not the destination, but the journey. She just don't trust a 24 year old car. I asked, "How can I trust a 39 year old woman then?" And that's when the fight started. (She is my rock, but sometimes it is just fun to mess with her.)

Camping... I can see that as happening. I have an 18' x 18' 3 room tent. It has been used by Fiero enthusiasts before, and will be available. (I really have a great feeling about this trip.) I really hope that it is in the cards. As time progresses, I will keep an eye out for anyone that needs a place to stay.

I would be more than likely traveling alone, unless I can sweet talk one of the Inland Northwest Boys to tag along. Honestly, for me, 18 hours in a car is almost like a day at the spa.

I hope that no one is offended, but this will be my screen saver for a little while. It is also to remind myself just why this gathering is happening.

Cool.
Yeah just make sure she's tuned up ready to go!
IP: Logged
nellieship

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Ok. I explained to Amy the whole trip thing. She just doesn't get that sometimes it is not the destination, but the journey. She just don't trust a 24 year old car. I asked, "How can I trust a 39 year old woman then?" And that's when the fight started. (She is my rock, but sometimes it is just fun to mess with her.)

Camping... I can see that as happening. I have an 18' x 18' 3 room tent. It has been used by Fiero enthusiasts before, and will be available. (I really have a great feeling about this trip.) I really hope that it is in the cards. As time progresses, I will keep an eye out for anyone that needs a place to stay.

I would be more than likely traveling alone, unless I can sweet talk one of the Inland Northwest Boys to tag along. Honestly, for me, 18 hours in a car is almost like a day at the spa.

I hope that no one is offended, but this will be my screen saver for a little while. It is also to remind myself just why this gathering is happening.

awesome screen saver - mom approved Amy should come too.... we need more estrogen in this party

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Just to give you a little appetizer of whats coming in 2011..... Tyler Shipman's 1st Annual Car Show pics are now online ...... http://www.tylerstoy.com/indexgallery.html

Danyel
admin TylersToy.com
* Frazee 2011 or Bust *
KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVDirect Link to This Post
Just to let everyone know we our planning on doing another cruise up there this year. There will be a few changes in how it's run. A few of my club members and myself have talked about what we like to do differently this year so it goes more smoothly.. So stay tune for coming details.

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A ...3800 S/C being rebuilt now.
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ Centerline Wheels,Hooker Tri-y header and Indy Scoop with Strobe's
1984 SE Daily Driver

cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nellieship:
Chris in IL - The window decals were terrific last year. Any one have any ideas on how to do this again? Refresh my memory - how much front money would it take to get this off the ground. I think if these were actually here in Frazee a month or so before the car show I could ask the local businesses to sell them along with the Turkey Day t-shirts. I think more local people would buy these if they saw them by the t-shirts - which start flying off the shelves as soon as they are put out.

O.k. I can ask Darren at Sign-A-Rama if he would produce another 100 of these for charity. Worst case I think he would make these at cost. I will keep you posted on it. I do have one request from you , or maybe its more like a must demand I guess. I need you to go to your neighbors house and tell them to make extra cookies for me to buy. I need some as soon as I pull into town.
Matts Mom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-05-2011 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Matts MomSend a Private Message to Matts MomDirect Link to This Post
As Mattwa mentioned earlier in the post, he & I will be there, but not sure of my husband yet. We will have to see how things go. We had such a wonderful time last year & I truly appreciate everyone making us feel so welcome in the Fiero "family". After the trip, I too got the "fever" & bought a Fiero, but I doubt if it'll be ready in time. Besides, Matt's is the priority. In any case, we won't be bringing the "rebody" if we can help it.

Daneele, would it be all right with you if I brought some of my chex mix to add to the Fiero Feast? I would also be happy to donate some for the auction if you think it would help, but maybe you should sample it first to see if it is worthy enough for that. Let me know what you think.

Matts Mom

GMplastic

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GMplasticSend a Private Message to GMplasticDirect Link to This Post
We're planning on coming up from the Duluth/Wrenshall, MN area again this year. If anyone is coming down the shore from Thunder Bay, or across the U.P. and Northern Wisconsin and would like to caravan across Minnesota 210, let me know. We could try to time it so that we (the West bound caravan) could meet the North-bound caravan where Highway 210 meets Highway 10 at Motley. PM or contact at camyron@mindspring.com. If you get stuck in my spam filter, be patient. I check its contents a couple of times a week.

------------------
Gold '87 GT, Black '87 GT, Black '88 Mera,' 64 Stingray coupe, '01 Corvette coupe, '03 Corvette coupe & caretaker of son's Yellow '87 GT, & Other son's Red '86 GT,
General tinkerer and doer of mechanical deeds

nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
Matt's Mom - bring on the chex mix

Kevin - you better be planning a cruise our direction! If you trying and bail on us I'll have to fetch you myself.

if we are still looking for snipe ideas for the t-shirts... what about a side view of carter holding a flashlight sort of crouched down - in black not his specific features? maybe by the tree if you are still using that as part of it. just a thought.
Synthesis

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SynthesisSend a Private Message to SynthesisDirect Link to This Post

Matt's Mom - bring on the chex mix

Kevin - you better be planning a cruise our direction! If you trying and bail on us I'll have to fetch you myself.

if we are still looking for snipe ideas for the t-shirts... what about a side view of carter holding a flashlight sort of crouched down - in black not his specific features? maybe by the tree if you are still using that as part of it. just a thought.

Great idea on the Snipe bit.. Holding a bag in one hand, and a flashlight in the other... The beam would be yellow, like the shirt. lol
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Synthesis:

Great idea on the Snipe bit.. Holding a bag in one hand, and a flashlight in the other... The beam would be yellow, like the shirt. lol

Or how about a silhouette of him running on top of the tall grass in the field, like he actually did.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-06-2011 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

If we are still looking for snipe ideas for the t-shirts... what about a side view of carter holding a flashlight sort of crouched down - in black not his specific features? maybe by the tree if you are still using that as part of it. just a thought.

Darn! You are LITERALLY reading my mind!!!! I already have a snipe all prepped in monotone, and been searching for a silhouette starting point, to add a flash light and pillow case too. I agree, him running across the top of the corn, would be more of an actual representation of the events last year I had not laughed that hard in a very very long time LOL! ! !
PFF
System Bot
DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Here's actual snipe

Closest thing I could find.

Don't know if these will show up.

And now for my requested project. Camp shower. I looked for almost an hour. Requirements: had to come from a store... Not a person, Has phone number, store hours and return policy.
$119 + $7.50 shipping from PoorFish in Missouri

If you want to read reviews:
Cabella's Reviews

"excellent
Review From: Daria, Jul 20, 2010
This product did in no way disappoint, and even exceeded our expectations. The battery powered ignitor instantly starts the unit which when hooked to a simple garden hose delivered all the hot water one could want. We built an outdoor shower to accommodate many people camping at our place and the tank never ran out with all the use. My husband uses it frequently after working in the garden, and we are still on the first tank of propane. Wish we could have it inside the house! Great product."

She obviously isn't in Texas...

DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post

DIY_Stu

2337 posts
Member since Jun 2007
What's this years primary color?
Last year was Yellow...
This year Red for Cassie?
87antuzzi

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 228
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post
Is anyone coming through the joplin missouri area? I will split gas
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Dang it dang it dang it dang it. Antuzzi! you acted like the route Will and I are going to be taking is way out of your way... When it's actually your BEST ROUTE TO GO! I'll see what I can do. Save up!
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2011 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelDirect Link to This Post
Any of you know of an Iphone4 app that I could use so all of you can track me on google maps or my website while I'm heading to Frazee? If so please send link to that website ... THX for your help...

Danyel
fierogal123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogal123Send a Private Message to fierogal123Direct Link to This Post
Well, Vroom Pow lives again! Fieroguy123 has been in the garage for four nights and last night she started! The trailer is next! I can't wait! And, after losing my job Monday I made a mad dash to find a new one. Job-check, fiero-check, trailer-progress...we aren't missing this due to ANYTHING. HAHA

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Direct Link to This Post
fierogal123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogal123Send a Private Message to fierogal123Direct Link to This Post
Ahahahaha! There needs to be a marshmallow, flashlight, and a pillowcase to make it a kit!
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2011 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Delima. I have been giving some thought to bringing my daughter with me this year. I'm putting together a list of why and why not.

She could have a great time.
It'll be the furthest from home she's ever been.
She likes Fieros
She loves Camping.
She's daddy's Lil' Girl.
I would love sharing the experience with her.

Why Not list:
She pulls a shy card when around groups, that is sometimes really hard to open her up to a good time. If she does, she doesn't cooperate and just cries.
She'll be 6 Years Old
She hasn't learned the importance of restroom breaks when on the road and before leaving to do something.
It's 1,200 Miles @ 20 Hours. and She'll be in the car awake for most of Thursday, trip home doesn't bother me since I won't have a deadline.

At this moment I'm leaning more towards camping with her locally until she develops more long distance and people skills. I just hope she takes her time figuring out that she can get anything from anyone with her smile.
Alibi

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
I'm planning on coming, and I'm going to bring a tent and rough it at Camp Shipman. I've gotta do a 3.4 swap and rebuild my suspension but heck, I've got 6 months so I should be golden.

Oh yeah, my stepfather has a bunch of camping gear that I could probably bring, and my GT has a luggage rack and a tow bar so I could potentially bring up some goodies with me if needed.

[This message has been edited by Alibi (edited 01-10-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Just noticed your location. You going to have an empty seat? Antuzzi needs a lift. Joplin, MO. I will be meeting up with Infinitewill On that Thursday Morning then we're shooting straight to Frazee.
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 02:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DIY_Stu:

Just noticed your location. You going to have an empty seat? Antuzzi needs a lift. Joplin, MO. I will be meeting up with Infinitewill On that Thursday Morning then we're shooting straight to Frazee.

Eric and I are talking stu . He says 3.4 needs to be done before that. Looks like I will be doing a 3.4 swap LMAO
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 02:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, I think thats the plan. Kris is just a hop and a skip away. I've got the motor, just need to get money to rebuild it and I've got a friend with a full shop where I can swap it. Kris is welcome to help with said swap, of course. I'll pay him in pizza or kisses or something?
87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 02:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alibi:

Yeah, I think thats the plan. Kris is just a hop and a skip away. I've got the motor, just need to get money to rebuild it and I've got a friend with a full shop where I can swap it. Kris is welcome to help with said swap, of course. I'll pay him in pizza or kisses or something?

This coming from a man with a devo avatar. Eric.....You scare the **** out of me.........
Alibi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlibiSend a Private Message to AlibiDirect Link to This Post
I love Devo! They predicted mans ultimate fall to technology and modern society back in the 70's!

------------------
-Eric

"Energy and Persistence Conquer all things" --Ben Franklin

"The Fittest Shall survive, yet the unfit may live. We must repeat." -- DeVo

carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 07:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alibi:

I love Devo! They predicted mans ultimate fall to technology and modern society back in the 70's!

And they had silly hats...
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
I am SOOOOOO THERE !!!! Nellie..... save my spot on the hill of Camp Shipman !!! ( away from the snoring section ) Also.... forget the raffling of the quilt !! i have CASH for one !!!!! Make it TWO !! after freezing my butt off last time, my skinny butt is gonna need them

Anything anybody needs, dont hesitate to call or ask. I can either bring it, find it, or get it. ...... i have extra tents this year

Oh..... and i wont forget the grand finally

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 01-10-2011).]

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by PURPLE REIGN:

I am SOOOOOO THERE !!!! Nellie..... save my spot on the hill of Camp Shipman !!! ( away from the snoring section ) Also.... forget the raffling of the quilt !! i have CASH for one !!!!! Make it TWO !! after freezing my butt off last time, my skinny butt is gonna need them

Anything anybody needs, dont hesitate to call or ask. I can either bring it, find it, or get it. ...... i have extra tents this year

I need a fiero......Got one of them? Hell, I will even take the purple one that has not moved in years
PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

I need a fiero......Got one of them? Hell, I will even take the purple one that has not moved in years

OMG your so dead !!!! if it hasn't moved in years, how did it get around at LAST YEARS SHOW about 6 months ago ?????

There's another one here
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post

Of course your spot is already saved silly! You are part of the OG Snipe squad Maybe that should be on the tshirts LOL
PFF
System Bot
Hulki U. My-BFF

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 248
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Hulki U. My-BFFSend a Private Message to Hulki U. My-BFFDirect Link to This Post

OMG your so dead !!!! if it hasn't moved in years, how did it get around at LAST YEARS SHOW about 6 months ago ?????

There's another one here

I can vouch for the fact that it made it to Camp Shipman. It sounded like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang the whole way there, but it made it after we pushed it into the driveway at the Shipman's house. J/K Shawn!
DIY_Stu

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2011 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuDirect Link to This Post
Someone say SNIPE?
CARTER FOUND A SNIPE!?

fierogal123

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogal123Send a Private Message to fierogal123Direct Link to This Post
Speaking of pushing cars....hmmmhummm.....let's change the starter at home....hmmmhummmm.....maddanceskills...hahahaha
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogal123:

Speaking of pushing cars....hmmmhummm.....let's change the starter at home....hmmmhummmm.....maddanceskills...hahahaha

Oh Come on that's no fun! MUCH more fun to just change the starter, in the middle of a car show, on main street!

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Of course your spot is already saved silly! You are part of the OG Snipe squad Maybe that should be on the tshirts LOL

Thanks baby, that's actually a great idea for the shirts

Originally posted by Hulki U. My-BFF:

I can vouch for the fact that it made it to Camp Shipman. It sounded like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang the whole way there, but it made it after we pushed it into the driveway at the Shipman's house. J/K Shawn!

You guys are so harsh

Now that i'm tuned & running E-85 i'll give ya the $100 bill test

[This message has been edited by PURPLE REIGN (edited 01-11-2011).]

87antuzzi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87antuzziSend a Private Message to 87antuzziDirect Link to This Post

You guys are so harsh

Now that i'm tuned & running E-85 i'll give ya the $100 bill test

I will get that bill!

[This message has been edited by 87antuzzi (edited 01-11-2011).]

PURPLE REIGN

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2011 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87antuzzi:

I will get that bill!

BWWAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA....
nellieship

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nellieshipClick Here to visit nellieship's HomePageSend a Private Message to nellieshipDirect Link to This Post
update on proceeds of the show - just heard back from Karen and we are going to donate proceeds of the car show to Tyler Shipman Memorial Scholarship fund - yeah! If we can get badges/stickers done ahead of time, we can sell them at local business with proceeds after cost going to the scholarship - so PM me about that if you are thinking/working on anything regarding that.

of note - apparently you guys made the 2010 USA Celebrity and Style review. Karen emailed me this pic, though I didn't see the actual magazine. Good job guys!
fieroguy123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2011 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguy123Send a Private Message to fieroguy123Direct Link to This Post
That's awesome! You must be very proud to have such an amazing son Nellie!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 22 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock