Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat - Archive
  Improvement on "standard" 11 1/4 inch brakes (Page 8)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 
Previous Page | Next Page
Improvement on "standard" 11 1/4 inch brakes by Will
Started on: 12-29-2004 05:37 PM
Replies: 640
Last post by: fierofan25 on 07-19-2011 05:20 PM
Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Anybody ever come up with a supplier for the brackets? Was sluppy able to get a price? I'd really like to start getting all the parts together for this job, but the brackets are the lynch pin.
IP: Logged
Vonov

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2006 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VonovSend a Private Message to VonovDirect Link to This Post
Interested also...sluppy?

(On three doors in an office park, with signs hung on them

Diners Club---
"Out to Lunch"

Yacht Club---
"Out to Launch"

Vigilance Committee---
"Out to Lynch"
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-10-2006 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Bump.
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 03:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
Bumpage
Msaby

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MsabySend a Private Message to MsabyDirect Link to This Post
If anyone is interested, I think I am going to have a set 4 lebaron rotors for sale.....just an FYI.

Thanks
Msaby@fast.net
RUNDLC

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2006 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RUNDLCSend a Private Message to RUNDLCDirect Link to This Post
Hey Kohburn, I tried to download your dxf files so that I could view them with my autocad 14, but they would only download as HTML files with nothing but #'s & letters?? Can you help?? I want to see about having those brackets made.

DANG!!! I called http://www.ssbrakes.com/brakeproducts/brakecalipers/sportR1/ today, they want 479.00 per pair front and 749.00 per pair rear!!! Not easy on the wallet!

Thanks a ton

BTW when having the front fiero rotor cut down, do you need to also shave off the front side a little to make up the difference in width for the LeBaron rotor?

RUNDLC

[This message has been edited by RUNDLC (edited 08-30-2006).]

Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2006 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RUNDLC:

BTW when having the front fiero rotor cut down, do you need to also shave off the front side a little to make up the difference in width for the LeBaron rotor?

I havn't heard of anyone doing that. It definetly isn't thick enough to account for the width of the LeBaron rotor and maintain a good press fit on the wheel studs. I just found a set of rims which minimised the effect with their offset but obviously that won't be an option for everyone.
RUNDLC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-30-2006 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RUNDLCSend a Private Message to RUNDLCDirect Link to This Post
Thanks alot for the info.

RUN
Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2006 12:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RUNDLC:

RUNDLC

DO NOT do this. You will compromise the strength of the hub. Leave the wheel mounting surface alone and just part off the rotor.
ohio86se

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2006 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post
How are these guys for brake conversion http://dwayne9.addr.com/fiero.html RCC Specialties

------------------

" DRIVE IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT"

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2006 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post
http://www.rccspecialty.com/

There are only so many ways to skin a cat. If it uses LeBaron rotors, then it's the same thing... Dunno what calipers they use, though.
PFF
System Bot
ohio86se

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2006 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ohio86seClick Here to visit ohio86se's HomePageSend a Private Message to ohio86seDirect Link to This Post
The price for 11" front and rear is $1260. They claim to use GM calipers and American made rotors and Fiero e-brake cables.

------------------

" DRIVE IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT"

Will

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2006 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillDirect Link to This Post
I meant that I don't know whether they use Camaro calipers or Blazer/Caddy calipers or what...
rjblaze

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
I am currently working on a supplier for these brackets. They are in Birdsboro, Pa. and the guy I talked to at the Strausstown show said they could laser cut them for about $25 to $30 bucks each, depending on what material is chosen. I am e-mailing them the down-load links from this thread and hope they can read them with their software. This guy said it should be no problem.....we'll see.
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2006 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
HELP!!!!!
I have been trying to get my AutoCad 2007 to open these files and I keep getting an error message:
"Incomplete or incorrect DXF input" any ideas? I really would like to get a hardcopy of these drawings (front adaptor, rear adaptor-2 and -3) so I can discuss these with the place that will laser cut them for me. Can one of you guys e-mail me the .dxf files? Maybe there is someting that gets deleted when trying to download from the site. I am still going to have my contact try to download from the site and see what happens. Thanks in advance.
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2006 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHERDirect Link to This Post
Do you have a fax number ? I could fax the cad drawings to you.
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2006 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Godfather. The fax number is (610) 317-0734 and my e-mail addy is rjblaze@verizon.net. This would be a great help. Are they actual size pics?
GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2006 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHERDirect Link to This Post
Yeah their full size. I'll get them over to you sometime today.

[This message has been edited by GODFATHER (edited 09-20-2006).]

RUNDLC

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2006 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RUNDLCSend a Private Message to RUNDLCDirect Link to This Post
Hey RJ , I could not open them with autocad 14!!

I need those drawings too.

RUNDLC
GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2006 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHERDirect Link to This Post
rjblaze - Let me know if you got the fax. Sorry it was so late.

Joe
superdave

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2006 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for superdaveSend a Private Message to superdaveDirect Link to This Post
Hello guy's, anyone selling those braquet, I'll be interesting from the one that Will show and the other from Kohburn.

Thank's.
PFF
System Bot
PTFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2006 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PTFieroSend a Private Message to PTFieroDirect Link to This Post
rjblazer you have an email. I have opened these so I know they work.
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2006 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
Kohburn, you have a PM. Thanks,

Arn
rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2006 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
Godfather: Thanks a bunch! They came out great! I am faxing these to my manufacturer along with e-mailing them the DXF files that I am hopefully getting from Kohburn or PTFiero.

Superdave: I'll let you know what my manufacturer says about cost and time-line.

PTFiero: My e-mail address is rjblaze@verizon.net. If you are sending me the files, please send each one in a separate e-mail because it will be easier to separate them for me.......Thanks in advance!

Any one interested in purchasing a comlete set please p.m. me so that I can get a count together. Usually the more that is ordered the cheaper they get! I will let all know about the response from my manufacturer.
PTFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2006 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PTFieroSend a Private Message to PTFieroDirect Link to This Post
I have sent 3 emails. The first email has both files. The last two have each file seperate. I would be interested in a set.
Scythe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2006 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScytheSend a Private Message to ScytheDirect Link to This Post
Send me an email/PM when you get bracket info from the manufacturer.

I'm interested.
GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2006 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHERDirect Link to This Post
Put me down for a set rjblaze . I want to upgrade the brakes on my gt when its time for new brakes.
tesmith66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2006 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
I'm interested as well.

------------------
1986 SE 350 V8

rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2006 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
Thanks PTFiero, I'll check them out when I get home.

To anyone who wants a set, please indicate which rear brackets you want. There is version 2 with the 10 deg. caliper offset and version 3 (untried) with the 5 degree offset. I am going to have one set of version 3 made for myself (along with the fronts and version 2 rears) to try them out. Anybody else try version 3 yet?
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2006 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
I'm looking to see if there are brackets for the Caddy calipers on Grand Am rotors. Anybody?

Arn
tesmith66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2006 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
I made brackets to use the Grand Am Calipers on the LeBaron rotors. Is that close enough?
PFF
System Bot
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2006 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Arns85GT:

I'm looking to see if there are brackets for the Caddy calipers on Grand Am rotors. Anybody?

Arn

you don't use cadilac calipers on crand am rotors -- you use them on lebaron rotors (15-17$ each)

and if anybody is interested i am looking into the possability of making the brackets. i should be able to sell em for about 200$ a set but i want to that the revised rear design works before i start selling them.

[This message has been edited by Kohburn (edited 09-22-2006).]

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2006 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

I went back to the place I bought the calipers, they had some others in stock and none of them had the bracket I need.

Where did the rest of you guys get your guide bracket things from?

bought my calipers from rock auto and they came with all the hardware needed

rjblaze

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2006 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rjblazeSend a Private Message to rjblazeDirect Link to This Post
Thanks PTFiero and Kohburn,
I have all three CAD files and could open them. Now I can send them off to my contact to get pricing for these adapters. I'll let you all know as soon as I get a response.
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2006 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
I'm in for a set.
Arns85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
I tried to download the CAD files both ways, and they will only download for me as HTML.

Any tips?

Arn
SquishyBiscuit

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2006 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SquishyBiscuitSend a Private Message to SquishyBiscuitDirect Link to This Post
Hey could I get a copy of the Cad drawing for the brackets?

My e-mail is rmb@usa.net

Thank you!

-Squishy
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2006 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
well if 10 people are interested i can get them cut and chrome plated for about 60$ each (240$+shipping and zero profit) cost of metals keeps going up - darn China industrial revolution

[This message has been edited by Kohburn (edited 10-02-2006).]

tesmith66

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2006 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Direct Link to This Post
How much unplated?

------------------
1986 SE 350 V8

[This message has been edited by tesmith66 (edited 10-02-2006).]

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2006 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
saves about 20$ per set but then you have to atleast paint them to prevent rust
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 17 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock