hey spddy by 85fierowiks
Started on: 07-29-2004 07:53 PM
Replies: 129
Last post by: 1988holleyformula on 09-27-2011 12:02 AM
85fierowiks

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2004 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fierowiksSend a Private Message to 85fierowiksDirect Link to This Post
....you should really post alot of pics of your monster, iv only seen the pics from the westfest deal...

-Josh

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2004 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
Just curious to know if you got that thing dynoed at 500hp or how you came to that conclusion.

------------------

1 of 2: Factory Maroon/Gray 87 GT 5 spd: 2.8L (Best 1/4 mile: 15.57@87mph, 2.0 60ft)
2 of 2: Ferrari Red 88 Formula/4T65EHD: 97 GTP Motor (Best 1/4 mile: 13.704@98mph, 1.938 60ft)

My Website
My CarDomain Site

Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2004 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

Just curious to know if you got that thing dynoed at 500hp or how you came to that conclusion.

Yeah, it was at 500hp when the shut it down. Sprung a small oil leak somewhere on the front of the engine. They're working on fixing it now so they can get it back on the dyno. IIRC, he told me that at 20% throttle, it was at 289hp and the graphs where still going almost straight up. 3800 SC Turbo, gotta love it.

spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post
I cant figure out this pip thing but if someone will post then for me Ill email pics to ya
I will be getting some much better pics soon just gotta fix the oil leak first

Also let me know what sort of pics ya want as I have a lot of the build up as well

[This message has been edited by spddy (edited 07-30-2004).]

spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post

spddy

815 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Originally posted by Fastback 86:

Yeah, it was at 500hp when the shut it down. Sprung a small oil leak somewhere on the front of the engine. They're working on fixing it now so they can get it back on the dyno. IIRC, he told me that at 20% throttle, it was at 289hp and the graphs where still going almost straight up. 3800 SC Turbo, gotta love it.

Exactlly as scott put it (except its also intercooled) I will post sheets after it is dynoed again as with almost everyone else who says they have good #s there will always be those ones calling bs

fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by spddy:

I cant figure out this pip thing but if someone will post then for me Ill email pics to ya
I will be getting some much better pics soon just gotta fix the oil leak first

Also let me know what sort of pics ya want as I have a lot of the build up as well

Email them to me, I'll post 'em.

fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
so how is the compound boost working? How much boost is the turbo developing? How much boost is the SC making? How much boost is actually in the plenum? I am really interested in this project as I planned on doing this once, but I gave up. What are you running for a turbo? Lets hear some details
daniel87fierogt

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 03:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for daniel87fierogtSend a Private Message to daniel87fierogtDirect Link to This Post
yes please spddy post the details pleezz I was always interested to see a turbo and supercharged engine to see what kind of crazy #'s it would put out. Also you must be running quite a bit of boost so what has been done to the internals of that 3.8. (EX. forged pistons, roller rockers, cam,)

------------------

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 03:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
One of these days, I'll get my WestFest pictures online and I'll post them here if someone hasn't posted pics for spddy yet.
spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post
Just sent a bunch of pics to fierobear Thanks
spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post

spddy

815 posts
Member since Mar 2003

Originally posted by fieroX:

. What are you running for a turbo? Lets hear some details

The turbo is a stage 3 turbonetics set up, Exhaust/intercooler & other plumbing is done by turbo hoses R&D
The initial motor installation was done by West Coast Fiero(there was a whole thread documenting the build)Who did a great job.

PFF
System Bot
WKDFIRO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 02:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WKDFIROSend a Private Message to WKDFIRODirect Link to This Post
Yes, we would all love to see what a Rich Prick can do with enough money (in reference to another thread...)

Love,

The WCF Nazi
"We Put the "Race" in the Master Race!"
(Also in reference to another thread...no offence intended other than tomfoolery)

Seriously, if theres anything you need from our end down here for the oil leak, give us a call!
I still thought the "carbon fiber" belt lines were super trick! Hope someone got a picture of those!
Anthony

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
spddy's monster began life as a normal, everyday Formula

...with a 2.8 that just wouldn't do

So the transition began

[This message has been edited by fierobear (edited 07-30-2004).]

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000
The new dash is in place

Onward to the body work

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000
Partially completed car, in front of spddy's body shop

IT'S ALIIIIIIVE!

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000
Here is the basic engine, before

Partially completed turbo

and after

Carbon fiber treatment

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000
Here are the "official" show pictures I took at Westfest

The "proud papa"

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
so where are the pix?

someone need to use photobucket to host?

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kohburn:

so where are the pix?

someone need to use photobucket to host?

No, PIP takes at least a half a minute to upload each picture. I have at least 26 pictures to post. Be patient.

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post
patiently waits for more fun pix
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Kohburn

7349 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by fierobear:

i like the porsche rim air hose hanger on the wall

PFF
System Bot
Kohburn

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

IT'S ALIIIIIIVE!

tell me you have a closeup of that decklid vent
oh and did i mention WOW

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Here are some detail pictures I hadn't posted before

DVD player in the dash, showing "Finding Nemo"

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

fierobear

27079 posts
Member since Aug 2000
Carbon fiber trim!

Carbon fiber decklid vents!

spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post
Thanks John
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Thanks John

No problem, I owe you.

When that thing is finished, I want a ride in that rocket ship.

Bradbitz11

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradbitz11Send a Private Message to Bradbitz11Direct Link to This Post
WOW!

That's all I can say.

------------------

Ohhhhhh yeahhhh!

spddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spddyClick Here to visit spddy's HomePageSend a Private Message to spddyDirect Link to This Post

No problem, I owe you.

When that thing is finished, I want a ride in that rocket ship.

You got it And that was your 4000th post..congrats

[This message has been edited by spddy (edited 07-30-2004).]

BtotheB

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 77
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BtotheBClick Here to visit BtotheB's HomePageSend a Private Message to BtotheBDirect Link to This Post
Verrry nice. What colour blue is that?

Brad

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post
Spddy - your car is top notch beautifull. My only question is why the bling bling type style of rims?

I think if you would have went with the foose rims like the yellow car or anything deep dish racing style your car would be over the top. Wait,
it is over the top, it would be over the moon. I guess that works. Anyway, let me say, GREAT WORK! Amazing. I wish I had the money to do some of
the little things you where able to put all over your car. We are on different sides of the country but, hopefully we can park in the same parking lot one day at a show. I'de love to see it up close. Mad props.

------------------
-Chris - Custom Gun Metal 86 GT 3.4 5spd
3.4 SOLD & 4.9 being installed

"It's too low, too rough, too loud, drinks gas, it's totally impractical, but damn good lookin. In other words, It's almost perfect!"
Build up tread or MODS w/ Pics

FordsNeverDie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FordsNeverDieClick Here to visit FordsNeverDie's HomePageSend a Private Message to FordsNeverDieDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Black-Azz-GT:

Spddy - your car is top notch beautifull. My only question is why the bling bling type style of rims?

I think if you would have went with the foose rims like the yellow car or anything deep dish racing style your car would be over the top.

I can answer this (maybe)... I think he got those rims to be different... I must say, I haven't seen those rims on a Fiero before... Same reason that Mr. BurnaJ got the foose rims... To be different...

Maybe it's just me, and hopefully people don't take this as starting a bash thread, but damn it they are just rims! Every 2 or 3 posts about peoples cars on here now are talking about Chris' foose rims... I mean they are just that - rims... Is that the big thing!? Trying to out do everyone elsez wheels and tires and stuff in the Fiero community!? Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of fieros that have some hot ass rims, then there are some that have some straight toe-up, whack ass, shulda left them on their Yugo rims on some other fieros...

I guess I'm just used to the Ford & Chevy forums, where people aren't talking the big thing about others rims, its about their new carbs, rear ends, etc.. stuff that makes sens!

I guess I'll just never know <shaking head>...

--- Goobz!

PS: No bashing too hard, or the margarita machine will just run out of liquid on the way to the event next time!

------------------
"Real American Heroes - Today we solute you, Mr. Ford Truck Towing A Fiero Guy. When most people don't even know what a Fiero is, let alone just where the motor is, you seem to somehow fit right in. You see the looks people give to that car with the PIAA light conversion, the 2" drop springs, big scoops on the hood, and the 19" tires that are bigger than the car itself, and get a kick out of their reactions. You get all warm and gooshy inside by knowing you help out children in need by putting smiles on their faces, whenever you drive by with that car on the trailer all lit up with neon. A car that isn't made anymore, is kept alive by being the prize posession of most of their owners who spend 5 times more than what they paid for them to gain a few more horsepower, and loose a couple seconds off their 1/4 mile, and spend many of nights sleeping "in the dog house" because of it. You help them save their paychecks on tow bills by being the "Fieros West & WCF Support Vehicle". So crack open a drink, Fiero Tower Guy, and know that the Fiero community appreciates your participation & support. If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't be able to show Corvettes and Porches just how Mean the "M" in 2M6 can get!

[This message has been edited by FordsNeverDie (edited 07-30-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
85fierowiks

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85fierowiksSend a Private Message to 85fierowiksDirect Link to This Post
thanks for posting, you have one bad ass machine
fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2004 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Brief commercial announcement

We stil have t-shirts left from Westfest. Check this thread for info:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/021596.html

Black-Azz-GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2004 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Black-Azz-GTSend a Private Message to Black-Azz-GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FordsNeverDie:

I can answer this (maybe)... I think he got those rims to be different... I must say, I haven't seen those rims on a Fiero before... Same reason that Mr. BurnaJ got the foose rims... To be different...

Maybe it's just me, and hopefully people don't take this as starting a bash thread, but damn it they are just rims! Every 2 or 3 posts about peoples cars on here now are talking about Chris' foose rims... I mean they are just that - rims... Is that the big thing!? Trying to out do everyone elsez wheels and tires and stuff in the Fiero community!? Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of fieros that have some hot ass rims, then there are some that have some straight toe-up, whack ass, shulda left them on their Yugo rims on some other fieros...

I guess I'm just used to the Ford & Chevy forums, where people aren't talking the big thing about others rims, its about their new carbs, rear ends, etc.. stuff that makes sens!

I guess I'll just never know <shaking head>...

--- Goobz!

PS: No bashing too hard, or the margarita machine will just run out of liquid on the way to the event next time!

I hear you man. No bashing. The rims are nice.

I just keep looking at this car like I do all cars and imagine what I would do, and all I can find is I would change rims. But it's not my car (Too Bad for me).
I try to be differnt too.

BTW - I know what you mean about the other sites. I was a mustang owner before and spent lots of time on stangnet.com.

See you guys later. Keep those pics coming. We all love this car!

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2004 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Black-Azz-GT:
See you guys later. Keep those pics coming. We all love this car!

I posted all the pictures that spddy and I have.

Hey, spddy. Should I stop by the shop and we can do a photoshoot?

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2004 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseDirect Link to This Post

I know it was a show and all(hehehe), but darn anybody got any pics of the car with the doors, hood, and trunk down !!

You can't even tell what the car really looks like !!

fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2004 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post

The turbo is a stage 3 turbonetics set up, Exhaust/intercooler & other plumbing is done by turbo hoses R&D
The initial motor installation was done by West Coast Fiero(there was a whole thread documenting the build)Who did a great job.

Turbonetics makes about 15 different configurations they call "stage 3". Is it a T04e? (50 trim?, 57 trim?, 60 trim?) T61? T64? T66? What size is your compressor?

And how much boost are you seeing after the turbo, then after the supercharger. okbye.

fierobear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2004 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

I know it was a show and all(hehehe), but darn anybody got any pics of the car with the doors, hood, and trunk down !!

You can't even tell what the car really looks like !!

Hey, good point! I'll try to get with spddy and take some good pix with all the doors shut.

I wish I had a video of him doing a burn out in the parking lot of the hotel, for about 50 feet, and coming to a stop right behind the trailer. It was beautiful!

Fie Ro

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2004 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fie RoSend a Private Message to Fie RoDirect Link to This Post
I love it! It is different, original and inspiring!
TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2004 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
wow i didnt know that anyone other than a few ricer friend i knew even wondered about the super/turbocharged vehicles... thats awesome... you did a LOT of work to make that happen... more props to ya

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk www.XoticRydz.tk

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay