hey spddy by 85fierowiks
Started on: 07-29-2004 07:53 PM
Replies: 129
Last post by: 1988holleyformula on 09-27-2011 12:02 AM
Jermz238

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2006 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jermz238Send a Private Message to Jermz238Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobear:
Onward to the body work

mm FM901s...
IP: Logged
chaosfinity

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2006 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chaosfinitySend a Private Message to chaosfinityDirect Link to This Post
Bump for a beautiful car and interest in the engine combination.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2006 01:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chaosfinity:

Bump for a beautiful car and interest in the engine combination.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2006 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
It's been nearly three months.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-27-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2007 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I hope this is thread isn't dead...
Chicken McNizzle

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2007 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chicken McNizzleClick Here to visit Chicken McNizzle's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chicken McNizzleDirect Link to This Post
Alot of work and sleepless nights went into that car, I'd like to know whats going on with it

------------------
Former West Coast Fiero Employee

New and Pre-Owned Auto Sales Consultant
Power Ford Valencia

Chicken McNizzle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2007 04:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chicken McNizzleClick Here to visit Chicken McNizzle's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chicken McNizzleDirect Link to This Post
no news?

------------------

Power Ford Valencia

Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 11:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Spddy has long since disappeared from the Fiero world. I've called him about three times in the last year and he hasn't returned a phone call yet. I finally gave up. Last time I saw him was when I went up there to pick up the 87 GT I had at his house. The Lambo's were all stored in plastic in the back of his shop and the batteries in all his Fieros were dead from not being started in so long.
Chicken McNizzle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chicken McNizzleClick Here to visit Chicken McNizzle's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chicken McNizzleDirect Link to This Post
That sucks big fat donkey **** - I remember putting alot of work into his black 3.4 , let alone the wild 3800 SC/T

Reminds me of another customer we had, Mike Murphy - we did an all out balls out turbo 3800 w/ a 5 speed and we never heard from him again...

Maybe the horsepower is go great in these cars, thier owners become so frightened of them that they disapear off the face of the earth

------------------

Power Ford Valencia

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 01:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Spddy was never able to register the car in CA so it was trailered to a couple of shows and that was it. He was never really able to drive it to see what it was capable of. One thing I do think he learned.... It had more GO than STOP. Last time I saw it, the front end was still busted from the run in with the fence at WestFest. Maybe he'll show back up one day.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Songman:

Spddy was never able to register the car in CA so it was trailered to a couple of shows and that was it. He was never really able to drive it to see what it was capable of. One thing I do think he learned.... It had more GO than STOP. Last time I saw it, the front end was still busted from the run in with the fence at WestFest. Maybe he'll show back up one day.

Hey Dale I talk with him all the time. I was at the shop last week to make another payment on my ski boat and he is just so busy. He is going to move to a bigger shop and I think he is just going to get even busier.
I'm gonna see if I can't get him on the Coast run this year. For me it is no fun with out him. Not true it is loads of fun but if he aint there I have no one to race around with.
PFF
System Bot
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Next time you see him tell him it would be nice if he returned a 6 month old phone call to an old friend and let me know what is up with him.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2007 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Next time you see him tell him it would be nice if he returned a 6 month old phone call to an old friend and let me know what is up with him.

Tell him I too was trying to reach him.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2007 02:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

It's been nearly three months.

for newly memeber

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-30-2007).]

SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2007 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTRODirect Link to This Post
Okay.....I know flippers are cool and all......but can we see a shot of the blue flipper with the friggen hood down????
A good frontal angled shot would be really nice to see.
Thanks!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2007 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Bump for old time sake.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2008 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I hope this is thread isn't dead...

Great builds never die.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2008 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Bump cause, "Good threads should never die."
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2008 04:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post
I know the car was fixed a long time ago but I don't think it has been put to any real tests yet.
John is busy as usaul. As far as I know all his fiero's are sitting. I wish I had time to go (kick his ass) help him get back into it.
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 497
User Banned

Report this Post08-21-2008 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
Does anybody remember where spddy got the carbon fiber coating for his trim pieces?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2008 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by WhiteDevil88:

Does anybody remember where spddy got the carbon fiber coating for his trim pieces?

Ask Songman.
PFF
System Bot
Bradley Jay

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2008 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayDirect Link to This Post
I would like to know that too, plus where he got the carbon fiber decklid vents. Those are neat.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2008 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bradley Jay:

I would like to know that too, plus where he got the carbon fiber decklid vents. Those are neat.

All of the components with carbon where all coated including the black side markers parts. From my taking to to Sppdy he mentioned that the company can coat them in different colors to suit your taste.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-21-2008).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2008 02:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
The stuff on Spddy's blue monster was just carbon fiber patterned vinyl. He just took the regular mirrors, moulding, and engine vents and covered them. The trick is doing as good a job as he did! I doubt that I could do it.

I don't remember the name of the exact company that he got the stuff from but I know there are lots of companies making the same thing.

------------------
The 6th Annual California Coast Run
October 24-26, 2008

Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2008 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
I like this car and build, but there is no way that this car ever dyno'd 500 whp. I'm sure everyone will jump on the bandwagon and say I'm a hater, but I'm not at all. I just have a bit of doubt in my mind. I'd love to be proved wrong with a dyno sheet, but until then it's more of a myth. And people forget how hard it is to dyno lots of horsepower. fieroX put down around 450whp on a loaded dyno and has the fastest Fiero on the forum, so I just have a tough time believing it. Prove me wrong though

------------------

1 of 2: Graphite Grey Pearl 87 GT 5 spd: 2.8L (Best 1/4 mile: 15.57@87mph, 2.0 60ft)
2 of 2: Ferrari Red 88 Formula/4T65EHD: 97 GTP Motor (Best 1/4 mile: 12.0@118mph, 1.89 60ft w/True Street Radial Tires not Drag Radials!)

My CarDomain Site
My Friend Garrod's CarDomain Site

WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-28-2008 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post

The stuff on Spddy's blue monster was just carbon fiber patterned vinyl. He just took the regular mirrors, moulding, and engine vents and covered them. The trick is doing as good a job as he did! I doubt that I could do it.

I don't remember the name of the exact company that he got the stuff from but I know there are lots of companies making the same thing.

Actually, it is not vinyl. If it were, he did an amazing job on the vents, but it would be impossible to get that look with stick on vinyl sheet. I remember talking to him about it at the time and have done a little research on the process since I posted last on this thread. The process is Water-Borne Transfer. A film of the pattern is laid on the surface of a tank and the part is dipped in. I know he got it done somewhere around the Bay Area and I was hoping to get an intake cover for my turbo PT done by them in heat reflective gold film.

Example of a vendor...
http://www.designsinfused.c...CssZUCFQkiagodHBaEkw

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2008 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
Just going by what John told me... Sorry...

Bradley_Jay found this. Looks like the same stuff to me. But I'm sure I'm wrong.
http://www.decalfx.com/carbon_fiber_sheets.html
WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-28-2008 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
I won't hold it against you, Dale. You have plenty of redeeming qualities to make up for this horrible, horrible mistake.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-28-2008 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
From what Sppdy (John) told me, "The company has large tanks to which parts are dipped-in." The material inside the tank then coats itself to the part. He mentioned that the company was expanding and will be using larger tanks. I remember saying to John about dipping a whole rear clip in a tank.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2008 03:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

I like this car and build, but there is no way that this car ever dyno'd 500 whp. I'm sure everyone will jump on the bandwagon and say I'm a hater, but I'm not at all. I just have a bit of doubt in my mind. I'd love to be proved wrong with a dyno sheet, but until then it's more of a myth. And people forget how hard it is to dyno lots of horsepower. fieroX put down around 450whp on a loaded dyno and has the fastest Fiero on the forum, so I just have a tough time believing it. Prove me wrong though

I guarantee he will never care to prove anything to you. If it helps you sleep at night it is a built engine and is dual charged. 500 is not unreasonable for that engine for what was done to it. The first dyno wa aborted and I really doubt he will ever get it done again. Maybe though.
I think it's power is totally unmanageable. That was proven at West Fest Truckee a couple years ago.(Yea John if you're reading this I am still laughing!!!)

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 08-29-2008).]

Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2008 10:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
You know any thread where someone states their HP rating will draw people hating on it. We know what this car will do and it is SCARY! Luckily, John doesn't feel the need to get into internet pissing matches over it. Apparently he does just fine without internet approval.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2008 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
I spent a lot of time talking to John at the West Coast show several years ago and he did mentioned to me regarding the HP. John went onto say he did dyno the engine and the HP reached pass the 400HP range, but due to a minor engine malfunction they shut her down. It has something to due with a minor leak or something along those lines and felt no need to damage the engine due to the malfunction. It's a beautiful turbo/super charged engine.
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-29-2008 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

I guarantee he will never care to prove anything to you. If it helps you sleep at night it is a built engine and is dual charged. 500 is not unreasonable for that engine for what was done to it. The first dyno wa aborted and I really doubt he will ever get it done again. Maybe though.
I think it's power is totally unmanageable. That was proven at West Fest Truckee a couple years ago.(Yea John if you're reading this I am still laughing!!!)

I'm not asking him to prove anything to me. You guys read as if I'm on here saying that thing is a pile of crap. That is not what I'm doing here. I'm just saying you all know my Red car runs 12.0 but if I got on here and simply said yeah it makes 500 whp you are just going to agree cause you know me? Sounds silly to me. The car is beautiful and I love what has been done but all I'm asking for is a little bit of history on the engine, what pistons, tune all that stuff that. But if it's not needed that's fine. My car has unmanageable power too and goes 12.0 @ 118mph and probably barely makes over 320 whp. I'm just being a realist not being an ass. This isn't a pissing war, but you know in all my years on PFF, if people say damn dude how did you make that power or run that pass I like to explain and inform people. The owner is not on here to back himself up, so I wont ask anymore questions but I hate it when I'm considered the bad guy for wanting a few answers.

------------------

1 of 2: Graphite Grey Pearl 87 GT 5 spd: 2.8L (Best 1/4 mile: 15.57@87mph, 2.0 60ft)
2 of 2: Ferrari Red 88 Formula/4T65EHD: 97 GTP Motor (Best 1/4 mile: 12.0@118mph, 1.89 60ft w/True Street Radial Tires not Drag Radials!)

My CarDomain Site

[This message has been edited by Rare87GT (edited 08-29-2008).]

WhiteDevil88

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post08-29-2008 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WhiteDevil88Send a Private Message to WhiteDevil88Direct Link to This Post
What I can say about this car is that it was highly uncivilized. This was not a mild street motor. Whether it had dyno sheets for 500 or not, it had the right stuff done to it. Definately not a daily driver.
Copper85GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2008 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Copper85GTSend a Private Message to Copper85GTDirect Link to This Post
I saw a few references to the Lambo's being wrapped and parked. Any idea if one would be for sale? Anyone know how to get ahold of the owners?
BlackGT Codde

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2008 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackGT CoddeSend a Private Message to BlackGT CoddeDirect Link to This Post
it saddens me that another fiero gets to collect dust i wish there was something i could do
Songman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2008 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post

I'm not asking him to prove anything to me. You guys read as if I'm on here saying that thing is a pile of crap. That is not what I'm doing here. I'm just saying you all know my Red car runs 12.0 but if I got on here and simply said yeah it makes 500 whp you are just going to agree cause you know me? Sounds silly to me. The car is beautiful and I love what has been done but all I'm asking for is a little bit of history on the engine, what pistons, tune all that stuff that. But if it's not needed that's fine. My car has unmanageable power too and goes 12.0 @ 118mph and probably barely makes over 320 whp. I'm just being a realist not being an ass. This isn't a pissing war, but you know in all my years on PFF, if people say damn dude how did you make that power or run that pass I like to explain and inform people. The owner is not on here to back himself up, so I wont ask anymore questions but I hate it when I'm considered the bad guy for wanting a few answers.

Not saying you are a bad guy but you did not just ask questions. What you said was "there is no way that this car ever dyno'd 500 whp". Big difference.

You also said "fieroX put down around 450whp on a loaded dyno and has the fastest Fiero on the forum." What you should have said is 'fieroX has the fast car on the forum based on people who have brought forth dyno sheets'. Also a big difference. Not everyone cares to get in the pissing contests on here so people who really have no knowledge of the car can say "there is no way... blah blah blah".

Do you KNOW the car didn't dyno 500whp? If not, why make such a blatant untrue statement with no knowledge. Regardless of what you, fieroX, or anyone else thinks, there is always a faster car. Some people just don't feel the need to brag. They build their cars to enjoy them.

------------------
The 6th Annual California Coast Run
October 24-26, 2008

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2008 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTDirect Link to This Post

. The car is beautiful and I love what has been done but all I'm asking for is a little bit of history on the engine, what pistons, tune all that stuff that.

I took photos of it at west fest years ago.
its got a 3800 s/c, turbo, and intercooler from what i saw.
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2008 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post

Not saying you are a bad guy but you did not just ask questions. What you said was "there is no way that this car ever dyno'd 500 whp". Big difference.

You also said "fieroX put down around 450whp on a loaded dyno and has the fastest Fiero on the forum." What you should have said is 'fieroX has the fast car on the forum based on people who have brought forth dyno sheets'. Also a big difference. Not everyone cares to get in the pissing contests on here so people who really have no knowledge of the car can say "there is no way... blah blah blah".

Do you KNOW the car didn't dyno 500whp? If not, why make such a blatant untrue statement with no knowledge. Regardless of what you, fieroX, or anyone else thinks, there is always a faster car. Some people just don't feel the need to brag. They build their cars to enjoy them.

Aside from how it was said, you know what I mean. I've been a part of the Fiero community since 2001 and I'm not here to talk down on anyone. But you know the drill, you build something exotic and fast people want info and numbers. That's basically the whole point of the argument. There are tons and tons of swaps on here that most people never find out how fast or anything other than a quick dyno and claim it was untuned and has more in it. It's not a slap in anyones face, but I want people to call me out if I say I probably have 400hp. But then again, I have been to the track to check out that stuff so people know how fast I have been. And I know people are always faster, but I guess all I'm saying is we just want to know all the details on a wild setup like what he has. fieroX has been through hell with his car, he kept going and going and has built an awesome setup that is proven and everyone should know what's done. If I was in person with this guy and had the time to talk to him it would be a 5-10 minute conversation to learn about the setup and understand all the mods to it. The Internet always looks like smack talk, so sorry if I came off arrogant.

------------------

NEW ENGINE SETUP COMING SOON! STAY TUNED!!!

My CarDomain Site

[This message has been edited by Rare87GT (edited 09-18-2008).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2009 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlDirect Link to This Post
Spring bump!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 4 pages long:  1   2   3   4 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock